Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 17, 2022 7:39 PM
Dec 2021
Vanitas no Carte is good but the romance is so annoying I wanted to drop it, therefore I didn't buy the manga. Anyway, someone recommended me this story and said it's good. I wanted to try it but I'm hesitant. I know it is tag as shounen like vnc, but I want to make sure. So can someone tell me if this, Pandora Hearts doesn't have romance or no forced and random romance in it. Because if there's none, I'll definitely read it and buy the manga. But if it's like vnc, I'll pass.
Feb 17, 2022 7:47 PM
May 2021
Pandora hearts is better than VNC I think there is no official romance between characters.
Feb 17, 2022 8:48 PM
Dec 2021
Vanitas no Carte romance annoys me too. Pandora Hearts has also romance, a little random pairings too tbh, but not annoying and actually cute. Better than vnc.
Feb 17, 2022 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
NoBoDY-5 said:
Pandora hearts is better than VNC I think there is no official romance between characters.
alice and Oz, Oz's sister and Gill's brother.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 18, 2022 9:50 PM
Feb 2022
hazarddex said:
NoBoDY-5 said:
alice and Oz, Oz's sister and Gill's brother.

The author stated in the last the guidebook that Oz’s and Alice’s relationship was platonic so they don’t really count. (Link to the interview if you would like to see it: https://lilyginnyblack.tumblr.com/post/123113949145/i-am-screaming-an-excerpt-from). Otherwise, the only canon pairing is Ada and Vincent but they’re more of a side couple.

Oh, and Echo has a crush on Oz but that’s about it.
Feb 19, 2022 12:31 AM

Oct 2020
Pandora Hearts is worth checking out, such a well written story and the peaks are insanely high.
Feb 19, 2022 1:19 AM

Apr 2015
Same here. I'm not fond of the romance in Vanitas no Carte either, so I dropped the manga and decided to just stick to watching the anime first. Pandora Hearts is definitely better and that's pretty much the general consensus. There's no annoying romance in Pandora Hearts. Well, tbh there're a few pairings that are toxic and uncomfortable, but it's not among any of the main characters and the romance doesn't feel nearly as forced so it shouldn't be a problem.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 2, 2022 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
AjiX101 said:
Vanitas no Carte is good but the romance is so annoying I wanted to drop it, therefore I didn't buy the manga. Anyway, someone recommended me this story and said it's good. I wanted to try it but I'm hesitant. I know it is tag as shounen like vnc, but I want to make sure. So can someone tell me if this, Pandora Hearts doesn't have romance or no forced and random romance in it. Because if there's none, I'll definitely read it and buy the manga. But if it's like vnc, I'll pass.
Comparing a finished manga with an incomplete one and both being the works of the same author...
Seriously?
This isnt a fair comparison
Jan 23, 2:54 AM
May 2023
Reply to 234Mannan
AjiX101 said:
Comparing a finished manga with an incomplete one and both being the works of the same author...
Seriously?
@234Mannan People literally calls an unfinished story the GREATEST manga of all time like Berserk fans shit on other manga with an ending then why can't we compare them though
Feb 14, 1:30 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to 234Mannan
AjiX101 said:
Seriously?
@234Mannan not a big deal, u can but berserk has considerable amount of chapters, it's a very very long unfinished story,, similarly HxH, Nana etc.....

Just like how Boruto's actually character development story has just begun, there were a lot of flaws in the og Boruto but now the 2 Vortex seems to get better a lot.

Same way, the story of VNC seems to stretch a bit longer than Pandora Hearts, so let's wait and see, the art has already improved tremendously, let's see what the future has got in store for us.
It might get even better who knows, so it's a bit little early to compare.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to Feitan_exe
@234Mannan People literally calls an unfinished story the GREATEST manga of all time like Berserk fans shit on other manga with an ending then why can't we compare them though
@Feitan_exe Thats their problem in all honesty... Berserk to be perfecty honest is the epitome of edgyniness that attracts the delusional Misogynists(I literally had to drop after 4 vols)... But I let it slide mostly.
But my main point generally was that, Both are by same authors and are not exactly complete. Them being from different authors could have been something but not the case and in addition its not exactly even half way through. Vanitas is better in some aspects so far(Art, World building and the setup arcs) so there is a fair chance of it being better but the plot of PH is def very hard to surpass imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

» Regarding the plot

MibuKyou - Sep 6, 2023

11 by Ochimusha »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.