Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
I feel like the voice for the dub fits Guts better but as always, the sub has better voice acting.
Feb 12, 2022 8:09 AM

Jan 2021
Sub or Dub?

Mangaㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Feb 12, 2022 8:17 AM

Nov 2021
Sub Supremacy 🛐

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Feb 12, 2022 8:19 AM

Apr 2021
Treat this like you're watching Bebop- why would you watch the Bebop sub when the dub has our lord and savior Steve Blum? Similarly, why would you watch the Berserk sub when the dub has the better main character voice? Ultimately both are good, and it's entirely dependent on what YOU want to prioritize when watching, the surrounding cast (which the dub still does VERY well) or the main character (which is lacking in comparison to the dub when it comes to stand out scenes like the bonfire.)
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Feb 12, 2022 8:35 AM
Jul 2021
Neither. Manga. (jk, just go for sub, dub is good but the japanese va's are awesome)
Feb 12, 2022 8:36 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Treat this like you're watching Bebop- why would you watch the Bebop sub when the dub has our lord and savior Steve Blum? Similarly, why would you watch the Berserk sub when the dub has the better main character voice? Ultimately both are good, and it's entirely dependent on what YOU want to prioritize when watching, the surrounding cast (which the dub still does VERY well) or the main character (which is lacking in comparison to the dub when it comes to stand out scenes like the bonfire.)

That's cool but the sub is better
Feb 12, 2022 8:40 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:

your reasoning being..?
Feb 12, 2022 8:41 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

your reasoning being..?

The sub voice actors are just better
Feb 12, 2022 8:43 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:
your reasoning being..?

In what way? Give me an example, like what I provided when showcasing why I believe dubbed Guts is better.
Feb 12, 2022 8:45 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

In what way? Give me an example, like what I provided when showcasing why I believe dubbed Guts is better.

I don't need to give you any examples. I'm not about to open up my memory bank and waste time giving out a bunch of examples. I watched both sub and dub the sub is just better it's that simple it doesn't need all this other shit you talking about. Plus that's all the og poster asked anyways which was better sub or dub. Answer is sub that's it point finished.
Feb 12, 2022 8:51 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:

I don't need to give you any examples. I'm not about to open up my memory bank and waste time giving out a bunch of examples. I watched both sub and dub the sub is just better it's that simple it doesn't need all this other shit you talking about. Plus that's all the og poster asked anyways which was better sub or dub. Answer is sub that's it point finished.
Now if that isn't the most stupid and contrived reasoning I have heard justifying why 'sub is always better than dub'; I watched both as well and all I'm asking for is reasoning as to why you prefer one to the other. No need to get so defensive. As for answering the original poster's question, yes, you did that, but having proper reasoning as opposed to just calling out a subjective opinion is a lot better. Get the OP to see your side and see if that side is for them.
Feb 12, 2022 8:54 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Now if that isn't the most stupid and contrived reasoning I have heard justifying why 'sub is always better than dub'; I watched both as well and all I'm asking for is reasoning as to why you prefer one to the other. No need to get so defensive. As for answering the original poster's question, yes, you did that, but having proper reasoning as opposed to just calling out a subjective opinion is a lot better. Get the OP to see your side and see if that side is for them.

I never said sub is always better than the dub. Im just talking about this sub. No one is getting defensive you're the one who's actually defensive. No one called you out either. Also no one is trying to debate with you. The OG poster didn't ask for a paragraph nor do I think he cares for it since his question was so simple. He simply asked sub or dub. I said sub you asked me to give you a reasoning I can do that I don't feel like doing that so imma keep it simple and just say the sub is just better. Deal with it
Feb 12, 2022 8:56 AM
Jul 2018
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Usually when I’m seeing if I watch an anime in sub or dub, I look at the sub and dub for both the protagonist and antagonist. So if I were to make my question more specific, do y’all like Guts and Griffith’s English voice more or their Japanese voice more?
Feb 12, 2022 8:58 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:

I never said sub is always better than the dub. Im just talking about this sub. No one is getting defensive you're the one who's actually defensive. No one called you out either. Also no one is trying to debate with you. The OG poster didn't ask for a paragraph nor do I think he cares for it since his question was so simple. He simply asked sub or dub. I said sub you asked me to give you a reasoning I can do that I don't feel like doing that so imma keep it simple and just say the sub is just better. Deal with it
Hey, you quoted me; I was under the impression you wanted to debate my point. If you replied to the op and not to some random stranger typing out a paragraph explaining why they hold a certain view, this entire tangent wouldn't have occurred.
Feb 12, 2022 8:59 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Hey, you quoted me; I was under the impression you wanted to debate my point. If you didn't reply to the op, not to some random stranger typing out a paragraph explaining why they hold a certain view.

I'm well aware I replied to you to tell you the sub is better. No one is trying to debate you tho 💀
Feb 12, 2022 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:
Hey, you quoted me; I was under the impression you wanted to debate my point. If you didn't reply to the op, not to some random stranger typing out a paragraph explaining why they hold a certain view.

I'm well aware I replied to you to tell you the sub is better. No one is trying to debate you tho 💀
I didn't ask for your opinion until you quoted me, OP did. That usually implies that you want to debate the point I made, if not, you would've just replied to OP. What about this is not clicking in your head?
Feb 12, 2022 9:03 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

I didn't ask for your opinion until you quoted me, OP did. That usually implies that you want to debate the point I made, if not, you would've just replied to OP. What about this is not clicking in your head?

No you're just a bored debate lord who wants to debate. Just because I replied to you don't mean I wanna debate you. You giving off real reddit lord energy right now.
Feb 12, 2022 9:12 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:

No you're just a bored debate lord who wants to debate. Just because I replied to you don't mean I wanna debate you. You giving off real reddit lord energy right now.
Wait then what's the point of the quote button if not to contradict or add to an argument? Also randomly shaming me for something you initiated is scummy and immature. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't randomly quote people on the internet to make a contrarian point and not expect them to just take your subjective view at face value and agree with its validity. I'm just trying to see things from your point of view because the op (who has since commented on the thread), wants to know why either side is better.
Feb 12, 2022 9:13 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Wait then what's the point of the quote button if not to contradict or add to an argument? Also randomly shaming me for what something you initiated it scummy and immature. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't randomly quote people on the internet to make a contrarian point and not expect them to just take your subjective view at face value. I'm just trying to see things from your point of view because the op (who has since commented on the thread), wants to know why either side is better.

Bro you doing too much 💀💀💀
Feb 12, 2022 9:16 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Bro you doing too much 💀💀💀
The skulls emojis convince me that you aren't a clown but, the entire circus.

Says the dude who's trying to debate for no reason find employment 💀
Feb 12, 2022 9:22 AM

Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:
The skulls emojis convince me that you aren't a clown but, the entire circus.

Sir. We are on an anime forum that was created with sole purpose of recording what anime and manga you have watched or read, so that you can talk and debate with people that have watched or read the same anime and manga. I'll ignore the pointless parting shot and just say reiterate that I think the dub for Berserk is better when it comes to the MC and some members of the main cast such as Casca or Corkus. On the other hand, the sub does a great job, especially with Griffith. Hppe that helps OP.
Feb 12, 2022 9:24 AM
Nov 2021
T2uwu said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Sir. We are on an anime forum that was created with sole purpose of recording what anime and manga you have watched or read, so that you can talk and debate with people that have watched or read the same anime and manga. I'll ignore the pointless parting shot and just say reiterate that I think the dub for Berserk is better when it comes to the MC and some members of the main cast such as Casca or Corkus. On the other hand, the sub does a great job, especially with Griffith. Hppe that helps OP.

Bro this is not for debating 💀 this entire site is to keep up with anime and have a list so you can keep track of the anime you saw. Forums are for discussions not toxic debates. You got tight bc I ain't give you a reason. Seek employment and help.
Feb 12, 2022 9:37 AM
Mar 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
T2uwu said:

Bro this is not for debating 💀 this entire site is to keep up with anime and have a list so you can keep track of the anime you saw. Forums are for discussions not toxic debates. You got tight bc I ain't give you a reason. Seek employment and help.

Berserk ‘97 dubbed is better than sub, there is no debate because you are wrong
Feb 12, 2022 9:41 AM
Nov 2021
DylanUnderWater said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Nah the sub is better there is no debate because you are wrong.
Feb 12, 2022 9:47 AM
Apr 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
DylanUnderWater said:

Ratio, the dub is better.
Feb 12, 2022 9:48 AM
Nov 2021
Brian_rya said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Ratio, the sub is better
Feb 12, 2022 9:50 AM
Mar 2021
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Brian_rya said:

Ratio, the sub is better
3:1 dub is better than sub, get ratio’d
Feb 12, 2022 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Brian_rya said:

Ratio, the sub is better
This went from Reddit to TikTok
Feb 12, 2022 9:51 AM
Nov 2021
DylanUnderWater said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Ratio, the sub is better
3:1 dub is better than sub, get ratio’d

Nah the sub is better also there's barely enough people in this thread to determine a ratio lmao
Feb 12, 2022 9:51 AM

Apr 2021
LukeWho said:
Kasutoro-Kun said:

Ratio, the sub is better
Hope you enjoy Berserk, OP, this thread just really sucked. Sorry for contributing to the problem.
Feb 12, 2022 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
T2uwu said:
LukeWho said:
Hope you enjoy Berserk, OP, this thread just really sucked. Sorry for contributing to the problem.
it’s all good. I watched a comparison of the sub and dub, and I’m picking the dub
Feb 12, 2022 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
LukeWho said:
T2uwu said:
it’s all good. I watched a comparison of the sub and dub, and I’m picking the dub

I know this thread turned weird, hope you enjoy the dub.
Feb 12, 2022 12:21 PM

Apr 2017
Sub. The Japanese voice actors are amazing.
Feb 12, 2022 12:29 PM
Oct 2021
If you're like me and wind up absolutely loving Berserk, you'll probably wind up doing both. I started off dub cuz that was easier for me to find, stuck with dub through all the anime adaptations, read the manga, then came back for sub.
Feb 12, 2022 2:18 PM
Sep 2021
LukeWho said:
I feel like the voice for the dub fits Guts better but as always, the sub has better voice acting.

Dub easily, people always say sub but for some characters dub is just better
Feb 12, 2022 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
LukeWho said:

Dub (15 character limit)
Feb 12, 2022 5:11 PM
Jan 2022
Guts is better in dub, everyone else is better in sub. up to you. i personally prefer subs
Feb 13, 2022 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
Dude some of these people are on crack. Please watch it subbed, the va for guts is so cheesy in English, he sounds like a GI Joe voice actor whereas, as always, the Japanese voice acting stands out so much more. And besides, the ending will be so much better subbed. I don’t have anything against people who watch anime dubbed, but if you’re gonna choose please go subbed. Your experience will be far richer for it
Feb 13, 2022 8:40 PM
Nov 2020
Dub. Best dub ever made imo, ever.
Feb 14, 2022 1:39 AM
Jan 2021
Sub if you prefer original voices. Dub if you want to hear Goku and Dr.Eggman voices, lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

44 by _mart76 »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Berserk Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

107 by myrmidon_mamori »»
Jun 12, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

65 by slugbait »»
Jun 11, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Jan 31, 2009

127 by bubba460z »»
Jun 9, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

514 by BenRei »»
Jun 8, 1:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.