Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 6, 2022 5:39 AM

Jul 2021
Gojo managed to fulfill what he had promised, however, not everything went well.
This scene at the end of the episode was very well done and I'm curious to know if that comment from Gojo will influence the way Kitagawa will act from now on.
asdasdsadad
Feb 6, 2022 5:58 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Marin cosplaying as Shizuku tan was awesome! And I forgot about the skirt blowing up scene in the manga to reveal the numbers xD. Gojou said she was beautiful and Marin was very embarrassed considering he said earlier when he says that word it is only from deep in his heart!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Feb 6, 2022 6:34 AM

Nov 2020
That end with Marin realizing it.
Feb 6, 2022 6:36 AM
Dec 2019
Fun episode Marin is finally Shizuku-tan and at the end when he called her beautiful it was cute when she was blushing.
Feb 6, 2022 7:12 AM

Oct 2021
Great Episode!! We got to see a Marin cosplaying as Shizuku-tan. Marin's face at the end was best part of this episode.
Feb 6, 2022 7:34 AM

Oct 2016
UWOOOOOOOGH THE TRAIN SCENE! I've been eagerly waiting for this episode, for that fantastic train scene.

CloverWorks really emphasized the boob bag... Based, Marin would be proud. Knowing what comes next for Marin, I really can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Jul 2020
Personally, it was great to watch this episode, but i found it a little bit boring. I think owing to the fact that was just them and the cosplay event having fun and all of the fan service that this chapter had.

It was great to see Marin really happy about being Shizuku-tan again, however it felt even more real this time, maybe because of the cosplay context and all the persons asking Marin to take a photo of her. She had a lot of fun, whereas Gojo was nervous haha (i love him).

Despite of that, i look foward seeing all of the customs Gojo is going to make, and Marin's happiness!
Feb 6, 2022 8:45 AM
Aug 2021
FUCK YES BOIS FUCK YES! WE GOT IT ANIMATED!

What makes me even more excited is that at the rate we're going, we might just get a final episode that covers up to chapter 39. It's covering around chapters per episode without really losing much at all.
Feb 6, 2022 9:05 AM

Oct 2020
The first cosplay event for Marin and Gojo was a success. Marin looked absolutely stunning. Heh, more fan service from Marin. Marin's sound effects during the back rubbing scene were seriously deceiving. Great episode this week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2022 10:35 AM
May 2021
Finally after Cosplaying shizuku-tan Marin first photoshoot and this episodes fanservice is top tier imao.And in the end when Marin blush that scene was awesome.This episode was great.
Feb 6, 2022 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
I love the story. A loner gaining a friend. Marin achieving her dream of being a cosplayer. Calling Marin "beautiful" when he's very particular about what he calls beautiful. All very touching.

Wasn't a fan of the stairwell scene though. Seemed to be a repeat of Episode 2. They just draw out the fan service for sooooo long. Zero substance.

removed-userFeb 6, 2022 12:16 PM
Feb 6, 2022 11:53 AM
Dec 2018
nice attack Wakana lol
Marin was cute this episode.. her fake nails were bothering me all the previous episodes but now i can roll with it
#kyoanistrong
Feb 6, 2022 12:00 PM
Aug 2015
I think I'm starting to do photography at cosplay events as a new hobby.
Feb 6, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
It was really nice to see Marin really enjoying herself at the cosplay event and it wasn't long before she attracted a good amount of attention from photographers and fans alike. I also have to give a big thumbs up to Cloverworks for how nicely they animated Marin's boob jiggling twice. XD

However, wearing an outfit that heavy in the midst of Summer did get the better of Marin and she took a break with Gojo, who she asked him to help wipe some of the sweat off of her. It was pure fanservice, sure, but this show wouldn't be the same without it, so I approve of it, of course. =P

The train scene with the two of them at the end of the day was special, though. Gojo's praise of calling Marin "beautiful" hit her pretty hard, especially how highly Gojo's standards are with what he would define as beautiful or not. So, him calling Marin beautiful is pretty much as high of a praise as he can ultimately give, so she should feel honoured and happy and, looking with her blushing reaction at the end, I think it worked pretty well. =3
Feb 6, 2022 12:48 PM

Mar 2017
The tattoos... Consensus here seems to be that 17 is the number of times, but a poster on reddit thought it meant the number of partners, of which we suppose some have done it more than once, possibly many times.

Needless to say, that applies to the character Shizuku-tan and not to Marin herself, but it's noteworthy that Marin would want to cosplay a character with that kind of background, especially the fact that Marin went to the trouble to incorporate that detail into her cosplay, even knowing what it means about the character.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 6, 2022 1:23 PM
Jan 2021
SouthRzVa said:
Not my thing but cosplay events sure seem interesting.
Also, I have no idea what those marks on Marin's thighs mean but knowing the character she's cosplaying, I'm pretty sure it's something lewd. (Edit: Of course they were the number of times her character got fucked. Got it.)

Decent episode. Leaving awkward fanservice aside, Marin continues to be the best of the show in terms of looks and overall personality.
By the way, I'm pretty sure a heatstroke makes you wanna puke, not moan.

go1d1eaf said:

sorry to ask but what do that tattoos mean?

The number of times Shizuku-tan had sex. One time for each line.

oh damn. not what i was expecting.

thanks for the reply
Feb 6, 2022 1:24 PM

May 2016
Interesting they cut the train scene midway. Hope they show the second half next episode!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Feb 6, 2022 4:43 PM
Feb 2022
Un bello capitulo.
Feb 6, 2022 6:26 PM

May 2020
AlexanderHD said:

Wasn't a fan of the stairwell scene though. Seemed to be a repeat of Episode 2. They just draw out the fan service for sooooo long. Zero substance.

I think a large part of your issue with how long the fanservice scenes has to do with Cloverworks and not the series itself. In the manga, all the fan-service is pretty much one and done. Maybe a panel or even a page, but it flows pretty smoothly. Cloverworks has definitely over-emphasized that, with clearly mixed reception (which I think is deserved).

Also, not too sure who said the series gets more promiscuous. If anything, as a manga reader I think they actually tone down the fan service the further the series progresses.
Feb 6, 2022 6:51 PM
May 2021
I had a question, when Kitagawa-san's dress shot up, what was the thing that was written on her thighs? I was wondering because the subtitles/translation didn't translate properly so I don't know what they meant.
Feb 6, 2022 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
ZBubble said:
I think a large part of your issue with how long the fanservice scenes has to do with Cloverworks and not the series itself. In the manga, all the fan-service is pretty much one and done. Maybe a panel or even a page, but it flows pretty smoothly. Cloverworks has definitely over-emphasized that, with clearly mixed reception (which I think is deserved).

Also, not too sure who said the series gets more promiscuous. If anything, as a manga reader I think they actually tone down the fan service the further the series progresses.
^ Regarding future promiscuity.

If what you're saying about the manga is true, then I'd agree with you -- it's not the STORY's fault (whoever wrote the manga), rather the ANIMATION STUDIO and possibly the director, or whoever was in charge of the pacing. Then, the cliche argument that "the animators just wanted to draw boobs" would actually be justified. When I was talking about "tasteful" fanservice, I was actually envisioning how other anime don't draw it out for long durations, and thus don't get criticized for it.
In my opinion, adequate fanservice is quicker -- so a one-and-done, single page or panel moment in the manga would be perfectly acceptable.

Whatever the case, you've provided ample context. The tidbit about the nature of the manga and that the studio made the decision to draw out gags is much appreciated.
Feb 6, 2022 7:34 PM
I like water

Feb 2020
I wasn't expecting the final scene at all. AND GOD HOW CUTE MARIN IS :0 LA RE PUTA MADRE ELLA ES HERMOSA
Feb 6, 2022 10:18 PM

Dec 2015
that boob scene was really right in your face huh. good episode tho
Feb 6, 2022 10:24 PM
Jul 2016
L
AlexanderHD said:
ZBubble said:

^ Regarding future promiscuity.

If what you're saying about the manga is true, then I'd agree with you -- it's not the STORY's fault (whoever wrote the manga), rather the ANIMATION STUDIO and possibly the director, or whoever was in charge of the pacing. Then, the cliche argument that "the animators just wanted to draw boobs" would actually be justified. When I was talking about "tasteful" fanservice, I was actually envisioning how other anime don't draw it out for long durations, and thus don't get criticized for it.
In my opinion, adequate fanservice is quicker -- so a one-and-done, single page or panel moment in the manga would be perfectly acceptable.

Whatever the case, you've provided ample context. The tidbit about the nature of the manga and that the studio made the decision to draw out gags is much appreciated.
that had nothing to spoil. That arc has been a bigger surprise later down the line. It's mind boggling or anything but a surprise it is.
Feb 6, 2022 10:27 PM
Jul 2016
Space_Cowbxy_A said:
I had a question, when Kitagawa-san's dress shot up, what was the thing that was written on her thighs? I was wondering because the subtitles/translation didn't translate properly so I don't know what they meant.
that's a refences to Shuzuku tan. It's the number of times she'd funny the Woohoo. That's a standard practice in hentai
Feb 7, 2022 2:46 AM
May 2020
Horimiya Characters!! I missed them!

Feb 7, 2022 7:05 AM

May 2018
Phosphophyllita said:
Gojou-kun will pass out this night, holy shit.

There was a guy coldplaying as Rudeus from Mushoku Tensei, quite funny

You're definitely right. LMAO
Feb 7, 2022 7:31 AM

Mar 2017
In the earlier episode where Gojo is taking all of Marin's measurements, it seemed to me like they overplayed his awkwardness and discomfiture at seeing and having to touch her body, including close to her boobs and her inseam. He was about to come unglued. In this episode we still see some of that when he has to help out with her costume and her overheating, but not quite to the same degree.

I do hope that in the upcoming episodes he gets more used to it and loses the awkwardness, both with Marin and with other customers as they come into the story. That evolution would make for a nice bit of character development for Gojo. It would be disappointing if all they do is keep milking it as a running gag without it changing much.

(Disclaimer: I haven't read the manga.)
A møøse once bit my sister...
Feb 7, 2022 7:57 AM
May 2021
Kitagawa-san, you were very beautiful🥰
Damn she was lookinggg suppperrrrr cuteeeeee💖💖

Feb 7, 2022 9:06 AM
May 2017
Oh man, the end to this episode was great. Gojo you chad madlad, bro got his feelings across smoothly without even trying
Feb 7, 2022 9:31 AM

Sep 2018
An episode that is liked for its regained lightness and for the comedy that sprang from the pores of the protagonist Kitagawa. Yes, the seriousness seen above was used to not trivialize the plot, but too much treading the hand in an anime that is based on comedy, it can also have the opposite effect and ruin what is good. The fanservice is no longer noticed, but not always, and not even Gojo's embarrassed face. Excellent quality of drawings and animations, ditto the backgrounds.
Feb 7, 2022 5:01 PM

Dec 2019
Another great episode as always

the ending scene on the train was so cute

the back scene tho lol
Feb 7, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2015
Glad it is not just a one shot Our boi was very relieved but then he falls asleep after telling her she is beautiful
Feb 7, 2022 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
lascookie said:
Besides that, for some reason I want to be this guy.

Damn I used to be this guy when I did photo-shoots at the con's. The feeling of getting close to your favorite cosplays was joyous. I could forget the person next to me and just fall in love with the character all day long.

When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 7, 2022 9:04 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Boob bag sasuga for not breaking...

Gojo's voice drop when she said her clothes were coming apart made me lose it lmao.

honestly this episode really caught the con essence perfectly. Only thing to top it would have been her getting ribbons or seeing an artist alley for the first time. NGL, got second hand excitement for her a little.

10/10 episode.
Also Marin, blushing..so cute.
Feb 7, 2022 9:19 PM
Aug 2019
This episode was super cute. That last part was simply adorable as well, her realization was great lol.
Feb 7, 2022 9:21 PM
Aug 2020
the second he said she was beautiful i was like "ohhh shit"
Feb 7, 2022 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
this episode = guilty pleasure
that extreme cleavage scene oh damn! the animation and lewdness is set higher bars that those usual H-animu!
5/5.

Feb 7, 2022 10:45 PM

Feb 2010
edu_80 said:
Fantastic episode. Doubt maybe for those who haven't read the manga. The markings on Shizuku-tan's legs were the sex numbers she had done, which is why the photographer blushed.

Thanks, I was looking for this information. lol
Feb 7, 2022 11:35 PM

Dec 2021
Loved episode 5! It was a cute episode but the fan service was a bit too much. Can't wait to see where this story goes!

Feb 8, 2022 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
Damn! This was the best episode so far! The jiggle physics were insane tho xD

The whole train scene was so good, like a perfect chill train ride after a perfect day, and Gojou ended it like a true goat.

But there is one thing that worries me, that tattoos that she had between her legs, what? Don't tell me this will end badly, please noo

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2022 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
Phosphophyllita said:
Gojou-kun will pass out this night, holy shit.

There was a guy coldplaying as Rudeus from Mushoku Tensei, quite funny

You are the true winner of this comment thread ahahaha
How didn't i notice that!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2022 6:26 PM

Jan 2022
I wish she took a picture with Gojo! Also the last scene made me very happy. Will she realize she has feelings for him? Overall a very wholesome episode.
This never updates so that's cool
Feb 9, 2022 7:29 AM

Apr 2014
AlexanderHD said:

You serious "clearly mixed reception", the people complaining abt the fan servce have been so far only a small loud minority nothing else.

The show constantly ranks on number 1 in japan and the west on various anime sites likea nime corner etc. and the show is also highly popular a huge part in that has played the fan service and how it was animated by cloverworks.

So saying that the fan service bits got a mixed reaction is cleary wrong, it would be better said for every 50th person liking the fan service you have one who dislikes it making a 1:50 ratio.

So next time you spout unconclusive garbage like the fan service by cloverworks is getting a mixed receotion how abt you post some sources for your claims, and no don't post a comment by an user from mal or reddit when they're clearly in the minority by their disliking of the fan service.

"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Feb 9, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
You serious "clearly mixed reception", the people complaining abt the fan servce have been so far only a small loud minority nothing else.

The show constantly ranks on number 1 in japan and the west on various anime sites likea nime corner etc. and the show is also highly popular a huge part in that has played the fan service and how it was animated by cloverworks.

So saying that the fan service bits got a mixed reaction is cleary wrong, it would be better said for every 50th person liking the fan service you have one who dislikes it making a 1:50 ratio.

So next time you spout unconclusive garbage like the fan service by cloverworks is getting a mixed receotion how abt you post some sources for your claims, and no don't post a comment by an user from mal or reddit when they're clearly in the minority by their disliking of the fan service.
Eh, I guess I misused the word "mixed reception". I understand that term is usually applied to a culmination of reviews by sites and pro critics. I was actually referring to what I've seen out of average Joes on forums like MAL and Reddit, exactly what you warned me against mentioning. And even then, "mixed reception" wasn't the right word choice. I mainly meant I was seeing "both sides" of the argument -- but, admittedly, there is more praise than panning.

I get you're pissed about my (admittedly unintentional but still arguable) misinformation. So I apologize.

Let it be known, though, that I'm not actually advocating for the removal or limiting of the fanservice in the future.
Most of the fanservice complaints I've seen, if not all, are from western audiences. And I acknowledge that the values and attitudes are slightly different in Japan, toward certain things. When a manga or anime incorporates fan service in their story, it's with a Japanese demographic in mind -- and how the WEST interprets it is of no interest to the Japanese industry. So I get that western fanservice complaints are fruitless. And I get that wishing for a change in fan service execution would be like asking Japan to adjust their culture, which no one should be doing. My main gripe and argument was that excessive fanservice could hinder the story. But it seems you were only interested in my improper usage of the term "mixed reception", so nothing else I'm saying is really relevant. In retrospect, "mixed reception" was a poor choice of words. You're right.

Although I think saying "every 50th person" is a stretch. I've seen whole threads dedicated to critiquing fan service and exemplifying this show in particular. But, it'd be wrong to deny that this show, as of Episode 5, is scoring very well. Because the show is indeed doing very well.
I stand by my point that many regular internet users from the west are discontent, though -- and that it IS a minority, but not a "small loud" one. There is a sizeable amount of complaints regarding the fanservice -- not from any significant sources, but just individuals on the internet with no real say. I don't think everything I've said is "inconclusive garbage", but there is an argument to be made that some of my claims are "inconclusive" because I was too lazy to pour more research into my criticism. So your anger is appropriate.
removed-userFeb 9, 2022 2:39 PM
Feb 10, 2022 5:20 AM

May 2015
I was expecting Comiket-style low anglers but this event actually seemed pretty nice.
Feb 10, 2022 8:00 AM

Mar 2019
I understand Gojo is a wierd and not social dude, but my mans, you already made her the cosplay and seen her almost naked, just help her out and wipe sweat without awkwardness. Its all jokes tho, because the cuteness in this episode was stellar. Not to mention how much it made me laugh when Marin let her personality show through even in cosplay.

How could he think shes just gonna not ask him to cosplay after that? Although my mans did break his life making the cosplay, he needs to relax and eat some good food. Funny how wierd he was about their being so many women there when he definitely is learning to be more comfortable around them, and soon he will be a cosplay superstar when they learn hes the genius behind the curtain. ALL HAIL THE COSPLAY!
Feb 10, 2022 8:02 AM

Mar 2019
AcceleratorAngel said:
AlexanderHD said:

SNAP ON EM! Honestly their is minimal fan service in this. WHen they showed the scene behind her skirt it was a clever reference to her line earlier in the episode about the game just teasing a shot under her skirt the EXACT way they did in the episode. Very sophisticated if you ask me!
Feb 10, 2022 10:34 AM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
Kitagawa-san is so kawaii when she is embarrassed.
We need more of booba sakuga and Kitagawa noises.

lascookie said:
The costume designed by Gojou was finished, Marin and Gojou go to the cosplay festival, there were a lot of cosplayers there. It's just that I'm curious how that costume can make you feel hot, isn't that quite revealing? Besides that, for some reason I want to be this guy.

That guy looks like a preisekai Rudeus lol.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Feb 12, 2022 2:47 AM

Dec 2012
I can't stop smiling

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2022

394 by twzter »»
Apr 17, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Mar 26, 2022

483 by LeRaMtE »»
Apr 3, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2022

365 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Mar 21, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2022

242 by SonuItUp »»
Mar 20, 7:44 PM

» Is Marin fujoshi?

Sanjay63773 - Feb 29

13 by Gloozed »»
Mar 18, 9:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.