Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 23, 2022 9:18 PM

Nov 2021
idk What explaintion makes Eren as Antagonist.
Let me expalin who do you call protagnist and who is antagonist.
The protagonist makes key decisions that affect the plot, primarily influencing the story and propelling it forward and is often the character who faces the most significant obstacles and you cant make protagnist(eren) an antagonist if you change your perspective toward the ones who opposes(rainer or marley) protgnst. because these terms are in refrence to the audince not in refrence to the character of the series and yes calling eren villain acc. to rainer perspective is correct but calling eren antagonist acc. to rainer or marley perspective doesnt make sence at all
Jan 23, 2022 9:20 PM

Jul 2020
@nishant0 nishant bhai setting kra de pls
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2022 9:26 PM
Oct 2015
nishant0 said:
idk What explaintion makes Eren as Antagonist.
Let me expalin who do you call protagnist and who is antagonist.
The protagonist makes key decisions that affect the plot, primarily influencing the story and propelling it forward and is often the character who faces the most significant obstacles and you cant make protagnist(eren) an antagonist if you change your perspective toward the ones who opposes(rainer or marley) protgnst. because these terms are in refrence to the audince not in refrence to the character of the series and yes calling eren villain acc. to rainer perspective is correct but calling eren antagonist acc. to rainer or marley perspective doesnt make sence at all

The thing is....the title of AOT antagonist is fluctaiting always, before it was Marley adn the warriors, right now is zeke, and so on and so on because the protagonist is from start till now, Eren Jaeger.

Like in Death note Light at first had L as antagonist and then the other 2 I dont remember thier names.

Jan 23, 2022 9:31 PM
Dec 2021
Nah not really. AOT is similar to Dune messiah were there are no actual antagonist and has some some characters who opposes the protagonist.
Jan 23, 2022 9:39 PM
Jan 2021
Well Zeke is the 'main' antagonist of AoT, always has been but Eren is the main villain
Jan 23, 2022 9:41 PM

Feb 2020
I have replied this in a previous thread also.

False protagonist or decoy protagonist is a troupe know since ages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_protagonist#:~:text=In%20fiction%2C%20a%20false%20protagonist,later%20revealed%20not%20to%20be.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 23, 2022 9:45 PM
Oct 2015
Adampk said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_protagonist#:~:text=In%20fiction%2C%20a%20false%20protagonist,later%20revealed%20not%20to%20be.

I mean yes that would have applied to Eren... had he died in ep 5 of S1 though...

The story still revolves around him the most like in the beginning, the only diference is for dramatic porpuses we are not seeing his thoughts for the moment, becuase again dramatic porpuses.
Jan 23, 2022 9:51 PM
Jan 2021
*Spoiler*
Antagonist is Eren &
Protagonists are Mikasa, Armin & Reiner.
Jan 23, 2022 9:54 PM

Nov 2021
Adampk said:

What!
Do you think eren is false protagonist?
Jan 23, 2022 10:22 PM

Feb 2020
MAQS said:
Adampk said:

I mean yes that would have applied to Eren... had he died in ep 5 of S1 though...

The story still revolves around him the most like in the beginning, the only diference is for dramatic porpuses we are not seeing his thoughts for the moment, becuase again dramatic porpuses.

Just check the tekken eg in the page. It not very common for decoy protagonist to be played as villan role is probably why u think that way. But i think u will find that kind of eg more in american tv series rather than anime.
A good eg of decoy protagonist (who are actual antagonist) which i know is movie A Perfect Getaway (2009)

Edit - @nishant0 false protagonist not only characters who are set up to killed early but also characters who become less significant or become/revealed to be antagonist etc
AdampkJan 23, 2022 10:39 PM
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jan 23, 2022 10:26 PM

Dec 2015
he’s probably also considered an antagonist also because
Jan 23, 2022 10:31 PM
Dec 2019
Eren - Protagonist, bad guy
Zeke - Antagonist, good guy
Jan 23, 2022 10:41 PM

Nov 2021

Edit - @nishant0 false protagonist not only characters who are set up to killed early but also characters who become less significant or become/revealed to be antagonist etc
That much is understandable man from False protagonist but I don’t get it why you mentioned false protagonist that’s not even the point of discussion
Jan 23, 2022 10:43 PM
Sep 2018
Hunted said:
he’s probably also considered an antagonist also because

That just makes him a villain ,he is still the protagonist.
Jan 23, 2022 10:44 PM

Feb 2020
nishant0 said:
Adampk said:

Just check the tekken eg in the page. It not very common for decoy protagonist to be played as villan role is probably why u think that way. But i think u will find that kind of eg more in american tv series rather than anime.
A good eg of decoy protagonist (who are actual antagonist) which i know is movie A Perfect Getaway (2009)

That much is understandable man from False protagonist I don’t get it why you mentioned false protagonist that’s not even the point of discussion

Ur op starts with "dk What explaintion makes Eren as Antagonist"

That is basically how eren is both protagonist and antagonist. Which is the point of the discussion, isnt it?

BIO

Jan 23, 2022 10:44 PM
Jul 2021
MAQS said:
Adampk said:

No I feel like he also became an antagonist from the time skip on since they started showing the story mainly from different people’s points of view instead of Eren’s. Especially
Jan 23, 2022 10:48 PM

Nov 2021
Adampk said:
nishant0 said:
That much is understandable man from False protagonist I don’t get it why you mentioned false protagonist that’s not even the point of discussion

U op starts with "dk What explaintion makes Eren as Antagonist"

That is basically how eren is both protagonist and antagonist. Which is the point of the discussion, isnt it?
What did I asked you….. ?

@Adampk Edit-eren is protagonist and antagonist
Is eren a god?
nishant0Jan 23, 2022 10:52 PM
Jan 23, 2022 10:50 PM
Oct 2015
Kelly32723 said:
MAQS said:

No I feel like he also became an antagonist from the time skip on since they started showing the story mainly from different people’s points of view instead of Eren’s. Especially

They literally did not have any of the chapters post ch 90 to be his POV beside ch 131 and ch 139

That does not stop making him the protagonist because he is still the connecting tissue between the story from beginning to end, even when all other characters from Paradis Like MIkasa and Armin were mostly absent in Marley he was there from the beginning, even when the characters from Marley like Reiner stopped appearing in these eps before this battle he was still present and the most important character were all others revolved around.
Jan 23, 2022 10:52 PM
Oct 2015
Adampk said:
MAQS said:

Examples of what I mean

Death note.
Jan 23, 2022 10:56 PM

Feb 2020
nishant0 said:

Is eren a god?

I am not sure. Are u trolling?

MAQS said:

Examples of what I mean

Death note.

I mean i get why u would think of death note. Though the difference between the two is audience are not tricked which is the point of decoy
BIO

Jan 23, 2022 11:00 PM
Oct 2015
Adampk said:
nishant0 said:

Is eren a god?

MAQS said:

Examples of what I mean

Death note.

I mean i get why u would think of death note. Though the difference between the two is audience are not tricked which is the point of decoy

I think we are tlaking different things.

My point is Eren IS the protagonist Just like Light was Death note protagonist, it doesnt matter if you are the viallin or hero you can still be the protagonist of the story.

When I meant that Eren could have been a false protagonist I used the example of ep 5 S1 becuase that would have been the first chance for the story to take him in that direction, the second was having Historia Eat him I guess. But it never happened, he has kept being the protagonist the story revolves around him mostly.
Jan 23, 2022 11:06 PM

Feb 2020
MAQS said:
Adampk said:

I think we are tlaking different things.

My point is Eren IS the protagonist Just like Light was Death note protagonist, it doesnt matter if you are the viallin or hero you can still be the protagonist of the story.

When I meant that Eren could have been a false protagonist I used the example of ep 5 S1 becuase that would have been the first chance for the story to take him in that direction, the second was having Historia Eat him I guess. But it never happened, he has kept being the protagonist the story revolves around him mostly.

It not a point of who is bad or good. It more of a point of tricked perspective. Many stories revolve around antagonist that hardly matter.

Instances u are mentioning are "killed early" cases. As i mentioned above, that not the only thing which can make a decoy protagonist
BIO

Jan 24, 2022 12:18 AM
Oct 2020
I don’t think eren is a false protagonist but a false antagonist would make much more sense
Jan 24, 2022 1:36 AM
Jan 2017
Protagonist doesnt state that they have to be good, it just says someone that in main or major character, antagonist is someone who is hostile and opposes to someone or something. Now if you look at each sides they are both the protagonist and antagonist, no matter how much you support Eren or Marley they both did good and bad things that goes againsts each other, later on or even when the first part of the last season we see good people in Marley too not just bad, the world isnt just black and white, its shades of grey. Now IF eren destroys 80% of the world population does that make him a protagonist? Well thats up to which perspective you want to take, Eren's? Paradis'? Marley's? The world? The audience's?

Eren can be an protagonist and a bad guy or the other way around, Thanos in Infinity War was an Antagonist that made "key decisions that affected the plot, primarily influencing the story"

Now Marley's key decision in the start of this season most definitely "affected the plot, primarily influencing the story". Is Marley a major character, no, is Marley a major figure, yes.

In my perspective as an audience the character's actions changes how we see(as the audience) to the point where we see a switcheroo with the whole good and evil phase especially later on as Eren being a decoy of a villain(not antagonist).

The story revolves around him which makes him a protagonist but in the start of the final season part 1 we see a part of Marley and we see characters that revolves around the plot development/introduction at the start which makes them the protagonist, and Eren went against that force by massacring people during the event, which makes him Marley's antagonist and thats not an argument, I dont get why that doesnt make sense, I as an audience sympathized with Marley, yes they did that in Paradis as well through a long period of time but an eye for an eye doesnt mean justice or seen as a force of unequivocal good, but "All is fair in love and war" but using evil against evil doesnt make it good, which makes this series complicated since who exactly is in the right on which view you are looking at, well no one and everyone, but all the bad theyve done(all sides) outweighs the good hence why this series has a complicated struggle for good and evil.

Ive been careful(I hope) with how
protagonist doesnt = good
antagonist doesnt = bad

Light from Deathnote is a protagonist but not a force of good.

Jinx from Arcane is a protagonist but not a force of good.

What is good? Well blah blah blah blah deez nutz blah blah then Eren is top position while on the bed with Zeke blah blah then moon landing blaj blah onside blah lbah blah titan pp blah blah blah titan segs?
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jan 24, 2022 2:25 AM
Jul 2021
MAQS said:
Kelly32723 said:

They literally did not have any of the chapters post ch 90 to be his POV beside ch 131 and ch 139

That does not stop making him the protagonist because he is still the connecting tissue between the story from beginning to end, even when all other characters from Paradis Like MIkasa and Armin were mostly absent in Marley he was there from the beginning, even when the characters from Marley like Reiner stopped appearing in these eps before this battle he was still present and the most important character were all others revolved around.

Hmm, I feel like he could be called both a protagonist and an antagonist though. Because even if the story still revolves around him, he just doesn’t give a main character vibe from season 4 on. Well actually, it’s more third person imo in season 4 part 1. But in part 2, after Eren
the story is told in the point of view of the party against him. So he shifts to both a villain and an antagonist imo since the story is against him (making him a villain) and is told in the point of view primarily of the group against him (making him the antagonist). He could still be called a protagonist though Ig since the story revolves around him
Jan 24, 2022 2:44 AM

May 2021
watch this vid my friend
https://youtu.be/H6GmVCD7cxk
Jan 24, 2022 3:25 AM

Apr 2013
Eren has always been the protagonist of this anime, I don't know what some people are smoking.

About Zeke I guess that would be up to debate. But I would agree that he's the antagonist, he is responsible for a lot of the bad things that happened.
Jan 24, 2022 3:54 AM
Jan 2017
People tend to confuse the words antagonist and villain as synonyms
Jan 24, 2022 8:23 AM
May 2021
StardustCursader said:

Wtf 😂😂😂
Jan 24, 2022 8:27 AM

Nov 2021
Soul_Viper said:
StardustCursader said:

Wtf 😂😂😂
Jan 24, 2022 8:28 AM
Aug 2021
Gengenpresser said:
Nah not really. AOT is similar to Dune messiah were there are no actual antagonist and has some some characters who opposes the protagonist.

Are AoT enjoyers likely to enjoy dune as well?
Jan 24, 2022 8:34 AM
Dec 2021
Kot_Schlyopa said:
Gengenpresser said:

Are AoT enjoyers likely to enjoy dune as well?
Why not ? I've read first 4 Dune books and I love both AOT and Dune.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 9, 2022

451 by BlueSnow93 »»
May 9, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 20, 2022

430 by phantom346 »»
Apr 18, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 13, 2022

416 by goral »»
Apr 14, 4:43 AM

» Falco said something in episode 1 of part 1 which I didn't get the reference of

_karan_123 - Feb 9, 2022

27 by manish_2 »»
Mar 28, 7:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.