Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2022 11:15 PM

May 2021
Honestly,I loved the anime a lot…I loved the mature look it took upon a "problem" . The characters felt real and well developed, except Ryousuke( the guy who
), but then again as this is an incomplete adaptation, his character might make more sense in the manga… Even Yui and Yoshizawa were good characters. And the friendship between Akira and Haruka was really sweet…
The best part about the anime was the striving for goals part, Kondou motivated Akira to follow her goals and resume track and field, and Akira motivated Kondou to start writing (also the part where his first book was named After the Rain was really wholesome ❤️)

That being said, I don’t think I’d have liked this anime so much had I not gotten so attached to Tachibana… she felt like the big sister I never had, as she acts so mature at times and sometimes acts like a high school student should 😂.
The ED of this anime is my favourite ED of all time and it has one of my favourite osts of all time (THAT episode 7 OST).

Now to address the elephant in the room forum, why do people not like this anime? The only reasons I can think of is that
There might be another reason, that being its extreme slow pace, but I, being an avid Slice of Life watcher, liked its slow pace (the scenes where they just carry on with their life and a violin OST plays in the background were my favourites)
If you guys don’t like the anime, can you please elaborate the reason why.
Itsumo_IsshoJan 9, 2022 12:05 AM
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Jan 9, 2022 12:00 AM
Jul 2020
They prob don’t like it because they judge it at surface level. And only see the issue of the relationship of the manager and the mc. But if you look past that minor part it’s an amazing anime about striving for your goals.
Jan 9, 2022 12:20 AM
Feb 2016
What are you talking about it's got a 7½ rating. A lot of people like it and think it's good.
Jan 9, 2022 12:26 AM

May 2021
Anime_God_King said:
What are you talking about it's got a 7½ rating. A lot of people like it and think it's good.
I mean, 7.51 isn’t THAT good, especially looking at the fact that it’s ranked "higher" than 1600 (in terms of score)…
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Jan 9, 2022 12:56 AM

Aug 2021
Maybe Because most people in here are manchilds or 10 year olds with woke phenomenon in their minds who can't like anything that is different or something original..

They start crying about a show after reading synopsis and not even watching 1 episode of it
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jan 9, 2022 12:59 AM
Jan 2021
It's a good 8/10 🤷🏻‍♂️
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Jan 9, 2022 1:48 AM
Nov 2020
I LOVE THIS ANIME INFINITELY. I discovered this anime earlier last year and everything about this anime is wonderful. And those who judge it on the surface level, specially about the age difference they ought to understand the meaning of love. The art style of this anime, the bgm and OST everything is soothing. I want more of such mature romantic themes. If you have suggestions I'd love to know. ^_^
Jan 9, 2022 2:52 AM
Jul 2019
People can't see past the girl crushing on a man so much older than her. But to me this show fantastically deals with the subject in a sensitive manner that was brilliant and emotionally driven.
Jan 9, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
It's a very good show, but there is a stigma for age gap romance and in this case its several decades.
Pitty because show is really worth giving a shot.

Jan 9, 2022 5:39 AM
May 2020
manib98 said:
I LOVE THIS ANIME INFINITELY. I discovered this anime earlier last year and everything about this anime is wonderful. And those who judge it on the surface level, specially about the age difference they ought to understand the meaning of love. The art style of this anime, the bgm and OST everything is soothing. I want more of such mature romantic themes. If you have suggestions I'd love to know. ^_^

I really enjoyed this anime too. I gave it an 8/10
If you liked this anime try Yesterday wo Utatte. Similar type theme, different outcome.
Jan 9, 2022 8:32 AM

Dec 2013
Hey man, age gap shows will always be at a disadvantage with scoring. I still hesitate to recommend this show because it's just weird enough for casual fans not to like it.
Jan 9, 2022 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
It's pretty obvious why people don't like this show, or should I say why people don't even wanna give it a chance. Age gap romances, especially if one party is a minor, aren't very popular and carry a stigma around.
Jan 9, 2022 8:44 AM
Jun 2020
I thought that the show was fine but I can see why people wouldn't like it.

Some reasons of the top of my head:
- the story may feel unrewarding as people get into the show thinking its your typical romance and get disappointed when the focus is on growing as a person and the slice of life aspect.
- the relationship between the two is very one-sided: she pursues him relentlessly while he just lets her.
- the flaws within their relationship becomes more evident as the author has to create these various "coincidences" for these characters to meet and interact with each other because the two don't really have anything in common except the fact that they work together and the fact that they lack motivation to reach for their goals.
- the fact that the manager even entertains the idea of dating her and goes on a date with her is weird.
- the manager doesn't flat out reject her and set clear boundaries to their relationship at all in the anime. (In the manga it takes him 80 chapters to do that!)
- some things that Akira does are borderline creepy.
Jan 9, 2022 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
I mean it’s well rated. A 7.5 on MAL is very good, especially when you look at the metrics of what score people specifically rated it as, which is mostly 7s and 8s which personally I’m in the 8 category. It’s amazing, it really is special and it has a special place in my heart. Can’t wait to read the manga
Jan 10, 2022 2:48 AM
Jan 2019
I mean I cringed here and there but still, it's not bad at all. Art was interesting. Feels unique
Jan 15, 2022 11:53 AM
Jun 2020
well, maybe it's because of the age gap and all, so some people might find it unethical n all. but ig it's fine, i think this anime talks about things in a deeper sense where there is a higher level of emotional interaction and understanding. it's not that shallow, neither does it have excess physical contact, so all's good. not very outstanding to me but it's calm and enjoyable, kinda like a slice of life and soothing anime i would say.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

215 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2018

63 by bakakisima »»
Apr 4, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2018

62 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2018

84 by bakakisima »»
Apr 1, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Koi wa Ameagari no You ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

70 by bakakisima »»
Mar 30, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.