Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 30, 2021 3:25 PM

May 2020
S4 no doubt has many flaws, more than you can count tbh. Zoe Hange, went from a funny and witty character, to easily the worst character in the show. None of her actions in this season are relatable, justifiable, or even on par with her character. Anytime shes on screen shes just there to piss you off.

Crazy how we went from Erwin to this mess
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 30, 2021 3:29 PM

Jul 2021
she didn't bother me that much in s4

Dec 30, 2021 3:35 PM

Sep 2021
_spoon_ said:
yeah same… it felt appropriate/decent

Dec 30, 2021 3:39 PM

May 2020
depressandotaku said:
_spoon_ said:

she spends half the season crying to erwmins ghost that he made the wrong decision and that shes useless.

its the equivalent of deku and eren's crying
Dec 30, 2021 3:44 PM

Mar 2021
I think mappa made AOT darker, both in animation and character wise. Maybe it wouldn't make sense if eren was threatening the whole world and she was like "haha titan go brrr, Am I right?"
No le sabo al ingles
Dec 30, 2021 3:44 PM
Feb 2021
She was funny and charming as usual. The story has just evolved into being much bigger than Scouts vs the titans. She was always a solid side character at best, so I'm not sure what you thought you'd be getting.
Dec 30, 2021 3:45 PM
Aug 2021
NickCipolla said:
depressandotaku said:

she spends half the season crying to erwmins ghost that he made the wrong decision and that shes useless.

She's lost someone close to her, of course she's crying
I actually quite like hange's character. She seems calmer after Erwin's death, which clearly really affected her as a person. She's lost so many people along the way and it finally shows how mature she's become.
Dec 30, 2021 3:54 PM
Jul 2021
NickCipolla said:
depressandotaku said:

I’ve only watched episode one of mha, so Idk about that, but I don’t understand why people shit on Eren for breaking down when he thought he had to sacrifice the rest of humanity and completely destroy his chance of being with the person he loves to save her and his friends. No one shitted on him for breaking down in what everyone calls one of the masterpiece chapters, chapter 131
Dec 30, 2021 3:54 PM

May 2020
DoobieSam said:
She was funny and charming as usual. The story has just evolved into being much bigger than Scouts vs the titans. She was always a solid side character at best, so I'm not sure what you thought you'd be getting.

Name one thing she gets done in s4 post eren attack on marley. ill wait.
Dec 30, 2021 4:11 PM
Oct 2021
Simple: it didn’t
Dec 30, 2021 4:27 PM

May 2020
m15l16 said:

it clearly did if u just watch the show
Dec 30, 2021 4:30 PM
Oct 2021
NickCipolla said:
m15l16 said:

It clearly did not because that is called character development, it does not need to make the character more happy or whatever, Hange suffers because she/he is one in the charge of everything instead of Erwin when thing turn dark and it is delightful to watch such a positive character go through that experience, so no, we are not that simple here sorry
Dec 30, 2021 4:33 PM

May 2020
m15l16 said:
NickCipolla said:

It clearly did not because that is called character development, it does not need to make the character more happy or whatever, Hange suffers because she/he is one in the charge of everything instead of Erwin when thing turn dark and it is delightful to watch such a positive character go through that experience, so no, we are not that simple here sorry

name one thing she gets done in s4
Dec 30, 2021 4:36 PM
Oct 2021
NickCipolla said:
m15l16 said:

You keep saying s4 but it is actually manga which the studio just follows so I am having slight troubles to understand what are you talking about. Anyway, Hange shows us the way he/she changed and how the whole rebellion thing changed her/him for more depressed character, it is seinen, characters don’t need to do “anything” to be fun to watch and spoiler alert: she/ he is gonna do a lot more
Dec 30, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2020
m15l16 said:
NickCipolla said:

You keep saying s4 but it is actually manga which the studio just follows so I am having slight troubles to understand what are you talking about. Anyway, Hange shows us the way he/she changed and how the whole rebellion thing changed her/him for more depressed character, it is seinen, characters don’t need to do “anything” to be fun to watch and spoiler alert: she/ he is gonna do a lot more

right, so aka

she does nothing in this season, her character is pointless. she brings nothing to the story or plot. got it!
Dec 30, 2021 4:39 PM
Oct 2021
NickCipolla said:
m15l16 said:

right, so aka

she does nothing in this season, her character is pointless. she brings nothing to the story or plot. got it!

Wait for it I guess
Dec 30, 2021 4:45 PM

Jul 2021
Well all I can say is that part 2 will show the less comedic side of her and we get to see her fighting but too bad
also if you wanna blame season 4 for being bad in terms of the scene and pacing then blame it to Isayama.
CQLLISTDec 30, 2021 5:16 PM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 30, 2021 4:53 PM
Dec 2021
Wdym, she's still a good character
Dec 30, 2021 4:57 PM
Sep 2020
S4 didn’t ruin anything but adapted the story that was already written by the mangaka blame him not the anime.
Dec 30, 2021 5:04 PM
Oct 2016
I see you everywhere on mal, it's baffling to see that one person can have so many bad takes.
Dec 30, 2021 5:04 PM
Feb 2021
NickCipolla said:
DoobieSam said:

She's not central to the story lol. Whether she did something or not means nothing.
Dec 30, 2021 5:08 PM
Aug 2021
literally wtt are you talking about lmao
Dec 30, 2021 5:08 PM

Sep 2021
you shouldn’t create a forum just because you want people to agree with you… posting your opinion is a invitation for other people to share their opinions- if you can’t handle others not agreeing with you than don’t create a discussion on the matter lol

Dec 30, 2021 5:11 PM
Aug 2021
NickCipolla said:
m15l16 said:

right, so aka

What does sasha do this season I wonder. Oh right, she dies, aka her character is pointless
Dec 30, 2021 5:40 PM
Dec 2020
NickCipolla said:
S4 no doubt has many flaws, more than you can count tbh. Zoe Hange, went from a funny and witty character, to easily the worst character in the show. None of her actions in this season are relatable, justifiable, or even on par with her character. Anytime shes on screen shes just there to piss you off.

I agree with you. She is the smartest character in AoT, with an 11/10 (same as Zeke) in intelligence in the official stats, but still she didn't do anything in the whole season. Armin also was really nerfed, even if his strategies weren't as amazing as the characters tried to make them appear, he was smarter in the previous seasons, but still works in this one unlike Hange who has her most important trait (well, there's also the titan obsesion, but that wouldn't work as well now that everyone know what titans are) nerfed
Dec 30, 2021 6:27 PM
Mar 2020
I don’t understand the point of this at all. She’s different because the situation is different now. They’re facing possible extinction while also being in a civil war. And to top that off, she now is the Scouts leader and that means she has a lot to worry about. And the last thing is... wait for it.... SHE’s not the MC so she doesn’t get much screen time, but she will later on. Do you understand now why she doesn’t go around saying “titans make me horny” anymore? Imagine calling normal development a flaw. You should wait for season 4 to end before making such comments.

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 30, 2021 7:13 PM

May 2020
DoobieSam said:
NickCipolla said:

She's not central to the story lol. Whether she did something or not means nothing.

right, shes not central to the story. oh wait, shes supposed to be replacing the 3rd most important character of the story in erwin. youre right tho, her role isnt important as commander
Dec 30, 2021 7:14 PM

May 2020
ynel776 said:
NickCipolla said:

right, so aka

What does sasha do this season I wonder. Oh right, she dies, aka her character is pointless

how did i know before even clicking your page that u were under 16 years old lol
Dec 30, 2021 7:25 PM
Dec 2021
NickCipolla said:

Thats kinda dumb because being commander or leader also effects ur behavior in real life if u also have an immense pressure above ur head.Mental health exist dude it's stupid to think otherwise.
Dec 30, 2021 7:36 PM
May 2021
I wouldn’t say she’s ruined, more like it feels unnatural due to the fucking 5 year time skip between seasons. I mean even Eren is completely different from what he was in season 3. Point being: everyone feels different and that’s ok, except for Mikasa since she never had a personality to begin with.
Dec 30, 2021 7:37 PM

May 2020
Gengenpresser said:
NickCipolla said:

Thats kinda dumb because being commander or leader also effects ur behavior in real life if u also have an immense pressure above ur head.Mental health exist dude it's stupid to think otherwise.

what are you even talking about? she had no pressure above her head. she created that pressure by being a fucking idiot and a poor leader
Dec 30, 2021 7:38 PM

Dec 2020
Fr, she isn't the worst Character but she is the worst commander of scouts rather than doing something logical she just blamed Erwin as why he made her commander. 4 years she didn't do anything lived under kindness of kiyomi and when eren tried to do something for the country she tried to stop him. She was useless in marley arc and even more useless than Armin in the upcoming arc. Not a single Character was left out every character was monged in the end.
Dec 30, 2021 7:43 PM
May 2021
DoobieSam said:
NickCipolla said:

lmao... means nothing? That's the whole point the OP is trying to prove. In short, hange zoe is an overrated useless character(in s4)
Dec 30, 2021 7:43 PM
Dec 2021
NickCipolla said:
Gengenpresser said:

what are you even talking about? she had no pressure above her head. she created that pressure by being a fucking idiot and a poor leader
What do you mean by there is no pressure on her head, there is fricking war coming, her comrades are dying, eren being all genocidal and shit and she is the commander when all these things are happening. I don't know what does "pressure", " tension" or "depression" mean to you but she definitely has the reason to be tensed or depressed, almost every character in the show has.
Dec 30, 2021 7:46 PM
Feb 2021
Lone_wolf2021 said:
DoobieSam said:

lmao... means nothing? That's the whole point the OP is trying to prove. In short, hange zoe is an overrated useless character(in s4)

Nah, I disagree. Her purpose has always been to be a comic relief, side character. That didn't change in season 4.
Dec 30, 2021 7:48 PM
May 2020
Her nose looked weird in the zeppelin ship scene in Episode 7, Assault.

The reason I bring that up is because that is the only personal flaw MAPPA did to her in S4. Other than that, she was Hange Zoe, and I love her.
Dec 30, 2021 7:49 PM
May 2021
DoobieSam said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:

Nah, I disagree. Her purpose has always been to be a comic relief, side character. That didn't change in season 4.
bruh are u telling me that hange served as a comic relief in s4? She didn't even have enough screen time and didn't contribute anything. She was just there.
Dec 30, 2021 7:49 PM
May 2020
DoobieSam said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:

Whoa whoa there buddy boy, now I'm not defending against your claim because of my personal likening to Hange Zoe, but I feel you must be missing a whole lot of the show if you think she is solely comic relief.
Dec 30, 2021 7:50 PM
May 2021
Gengenpresser said:
NickCipolla said:

What do you mean by there is no pressure on her head, there is fricking war coming, her comrades are dying, eren being all genocidal and shit and she is the commander when all these things are happening. I don't know what does "pressure", " tension" or "depression" mean to you but she definitely has the reason to be tensed or depressed, almost every character in the show has.
so you are saying because of depression she wasn't able to contribute anything to the show?
Dec 30, 2021 7:55 PM
Dec 2021
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Gengenpresser said:
so you are saying because of depression she wasn't able to contribute anything to the show?
Dude it's a season, every character doesn't have to contribute shit in everysingle season, I'm pretty sure someone already told this to you before as a reply and u seem to completely ignore it WOW.
Dec 30, 2021 7:56 PM
May 2021
Gengenpresser said:
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Dude it's a season, every character doesn't have to contribute shit in everysingle season, I'm pretty sure someone already told this to you before as a reply and u seem to completely ignore it WOW.
so then just agree with the OP that hange was useless in this season. You seem to be aware of it.
Dec 30, 2021 8:00 PM

Jan 2016
NickCipolla said:
m15l16 said:

Season 4 isn't over yet, smartass.
Also, getting shit done doesn't apply to just Hange here, no one gets shit done in Season 4, the only one who does is Eren Jaeger. He's the one in charge now.
Dec 30, 2021 8:03 PM
Dec 2021
Also I don't even know why there is even a thread bitching about the writing of a character who have such low amount of screen time, and not even a main side character. It's like bitching about the writing of lelouches sister in CG or that bicycle girl in Stein's gate lmao.
Dec 30, 2021 8:06 PM

Jul 2017
For me the question is how did s4/time skip in the manga make me disconnect/not care about every character in the series other than reiner, zeke and eren even thou I was binge watching the show from s1 to s4
AkitokamisenDec 30, 2021 8:10 PM
Dec 30, 2021 8:08 PM
Dec 2021
Lone_wolf2021 said:
Gengenpresser said:
so then just agree with the OP that hange was useless in this season. You seem to be aware of it.
Pretty sure she is the one who found out injured levi, so I definitely don't think she's useless and OP said S4 ruined her character because she "contributed" nothing in a particular season, I really don't see how a character is "ruined " if he/she doesn't have much big of a role in a particular "season".
Dec 30, 2021 8:14 PM

May 2020
Alvacka97 said:
NickCipolla said:

Also, getting shit done doesn't apply to just Hange here, no one gets shit done in Season 4, the only one who does is Eren Jaeger. He's the one in charge now.

wow you are so smart, u surely must have a college phd with knowledge like that.

its almost like, watch this pretty crazy, im talking about the current s4. woahhhh

so in that case, her character can be ruined in this season! dang!!
Dec 30, 2021 8:53 PM

Oct 2020
Are you kidding? She’s great in Season Four. She’s the only one that is acting with any kind of logical, realistic sense and it’s hilarious. She tries to crack a joke at Eren and gets a thousand yard stare in return. She acts like she should be bemoaning her new job that she NEVER wanted over at a bar late at night while teenagers are constantly being edgy around her. She’d be drunkenly cursing out Levi for his sexual tension with Zeke and saying how much she misses Moblit.

Dec 30, 2021 9:25 PM
Apr 2019
"aot greatest story ever told its a masterpiece!!!"
when u have these type of shortcomings and flaws in a series/movie it ain't a masterpiece at all
humanity is clearly evolving but backwards and aot fandom is one of the best proof of it
Dec 30, 2021 9:27 PM
Apr 2019
NickCipolla said:
Alvacka97 said:

wow you are so smart, u surely must have a college phd with knowledge like that.

its almost like, watch this pretty crazy, im talking about the current s4. woahhhh

so in that case, her character can be ruined in this season! dang!!

Dec 30, 2021 9:48 PM
Mar 2021
how dumb can this forum get? you can't expect everything to be the same compared from the previous seasons, considering all the shit going on. and I see you keep on saying "nAmE onE ThIng tHat sHe diD iN s4", and honestly, what do you really want from Hange? It wouldn't really make sense for her to do some heroic shit all of a sudden/or any action. Tell us what you wanted her to do if you're really that concerned that Hange is 'ruined' my mans.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.