Forum Settings
Forums

Help pls, need anime like Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi :)

New
Dec 14, 2021 4:30 PM
May 2021
I just watched this anime and I am loving it.
It's the first romantic anime I have watched so... Can you recommend me some others?
Your favourite romantic animes ?
Pls :))

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
KuniiDec 18, 2021 2:11 PM
Dec 14, 2021 4:35 PM
Jan 2021
Fruits basket
Kaguya sama love is war
Bunny girl senpai
Toradora
Domestic na kanojo
Dec 14, 2021 4:36 PM

Mar 2020
Nisekoi
The quintesstial quintuplets
Those 2 are my absolute favorites but there are a lot more you can find easily that are just as great and have similar comedic tones.
Dec 14, 2021 4:36 PM
May 2021
Alasco2002 said:
Fruits basket
Kaguya sama love is war
Bunny girl senpai
Toradora
Domestic na kanojo

Thanks for the fast help hahahaha nice
Dec 14, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2021
It feels so good to see shonen onlys discover romcoms, sadly none of my irl friends dont wanna watch them.
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Dec 14, 2021 4:42 PM
Sep 2021
Theres also Tonikaku Kawaii and Horimiya.
And I will recommend you Taishou Otome, it's a romcom that is airing this season.
Joao_BajancaDec 14, 2021 5:06 PM
Dec 14, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2021
you should also try Maid Sama or Snow White with the Red Hair
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2021 6:05 PM
May 2020
There are also
Oregairu
Quintessential quintuplets(My fav)
Komi san
Dec 14, 2021 6:25 PM
Anime Emperor

Jan 2019
Kaguya-sama, Fruits Basket (2019) and Oregairu are the top choices imo
Dec 14, 2021 11:06 PM
Jan 2018
You can also go to the anime when you add it to your list and then go to recommendations. I did the same thing for this anime and there are some great anime among them.
Dec 14, 2021 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
Servant X Service is literally the same thing.
Same setting, similar romance.

Dec 15, 2021 12:27 AM
Mar 2021
Lovely Complex slaps, imo. not only does it have a great romance, it's also a great comedy. it's a tragedy it's not more popular, because there's some primo reaction gif material, the main girl regularly makes the most incredible faces.
Dec 15, 2021 2:52 AM

Jul 2021
Fruits Basket, Kaguya Sama and Oregairu best romance imo
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Dec 15, 2021 5:47 AM
Dec 2021
Horimiya
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
Dec 15, 2021 6:30 AM

Dec 2017
Gonna give you some romantic animes that I like, and why so you can see if you could enjoy it or not.

FRUITS BASKET (FANTASY / ROMANCE / HUMOR / PAIIIIN / SCHOOL AND EVERYDAY LIFE SETTING) - My favorite romantic anime and my first manga. There is romance, but it's not EVERYTHING, there are mysteries, pain, sadness and funny moments too. The cast has a lot of characters and you will surely love at least several of them. They have traumas and wounds that need to be healed before they can even think about love, also this anime has a lot of positives and amazing lessons and emotionnal growth. It's all about learning to take care of yourself, learn to forgive yourself, how to have empathy and how to stand up after bad experiences and the different ways people can deal with traumas and things you will surely relate of. It's a bittersweet anime with grief about death, regrets, bullying and loneliness, but it's also about growing up and becoming a better person, with a lot of wholesome and cute stuff too. So yeah, romance, but not only that. And this is why Fruits Basket is so amazing, because romance isn't everything, and characters are relatable. Don't let the kindness and naivety of the protagonist push you away from it, because she is amazing, and has her own flaws as well that make her a realistic person.

INUYASHA (FANTASY/ROMANCE/HUMOR/ SENGOKU PERIOD / ACTION) : It has romance as well, but the setting is in the Sengoku Period, so it has fantasy too - monsters, mens with dog ears and powerfull abilities, and a whole adventure. The cast is nice, the OST is really good and the story is cool too, it's pretty long tho.

NANA (ROMANCE / PAIIIIN) : There is romance, but also the chemistry between the two female characters(who are friends only) is very strong and amazing, it's also very dark and it doesn't have the "everything goes the way you want and well", it shows that life can be unfair and that sometimes you can be hurt. Not everything is perfect in relationships, and it's beautiful.

KAMISAMA HAJIMEMASHITA (FANTASY / HUMOR / ROMANCE) : Fantasy setting, I don't remember a lot of it but I remember enjoying it a lot.

GEKKAN SHOUJO NOZAKI KUN (HUMOR/ROMANCE/SCHOOL SETTING) : this anime is hilarious and takes place in a school setting, it takes romantic tropes and make you feel dumb for expecting them to happen ni the way you used to in other animes, and so it's really refreshing. Like My senpai is Annoying, the guy is dense, but in a more awkward and nerd way. The funny thing is, he draws and write shoujo manga as a hobby, but don't notice the girl's love for him haha. The female protagonist is also very likeable and cute. Really liked it.

OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB (HUMOR / ROMANCE / SCHOOL SETTING) : Another classic, that is well known for its humor and weird cast of characters. The humor is... special, maybe not to everyone's taste. The protagonist is good and refreshing, she is kind, but also sassy in some way and brutally honest, she also has a strong mind but don't act cold toward people, and she doesn't care about her gender and has interesting thoughts. So yeah, she is very refreshing contrary to some romantic protagonist who don't have any personality traits or are just naive and stupid for the sake of it. The characters are funny, likeable and you would wish you could join them in their funny, weird fantasies and everyday life.

SPECIAL A (HUMOR/ROMANCE/SCHOOL SETTING) : school settings. Same atmoshpere as Ouran : funny characters, chill stuff and enjoyable for its simplicity.

WOTAKU NI KOII WA MUZUKASHII (WORK PLACE / WOTAKU / ADULTS CHARACTERS) : Like my senpai is annoying, this takes place at work. Refreshing and very nice, with two protagonist who are otaku.

Your Lie in April (EVERYDAYLIFE/ MUSIC/ROMANCE/PAIIIN) : This one will make you cry as well because of its dark atmoshpere sometimes and relatable characters, all of that with beautiful music.

GAKUEN ALICE : (FANTASY /LIGHT ROMANCE BETWEEN KIDS / HUMOR) : Watched it when I was way younger, the romance is there but not developped a lot in the anime becaue the romance is far ahead in the manga. You can still see the fondness between the characters, and they're 10 years old kids who have special power and are in a special school for it. There are dark things in the plot as well but like I said, the manga develops everything way more.

Marmalade Boy

Hana Yori Dango

WakfinaDec 15, 2021 6:45 AM
Dec 15, 2021 7:01 AM
Oct 2021
5-toubun
Darling in the franxx (My fav)
Bunny girl senpai
Your lie in april
Re:zero
Love is war
Violet Evergarden
And i think this is the romantic animes i love :)
Dec 15, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2021
Not necessarily all shows like that but i’ll just list some of the ones i liked:

tonikawa
say ‘i love you
scums wish
plastic memories
horimiya
maid sama!
quintessential quintuplets
bunny girl sempai
bloom into you (GL)
adachi to shimamura (GL)
citrus (GL)
domestic girlfriend
love is war
koi to uso
your lie in april
RE:Life
remake or life!
golden time
anohana
kimi ni todoke
weathering with you
a silent voice
kimi ni no wa
josee, the tiger and the fish
asagao to kase-san (GL)
ride your wave
stranger by the beach (BL)
Clannad
(not in any order)

Could probably pick more but yeeee

probably screenshot this it’ll last a while
Dec 16, 2021 2:52 AM
Jan 2021
alexxblazquez said:
It's the first romantic anime I have watched so... Can you recommend me some others?
oh god you need to watch fruits basket ASAP. It so fucking good. Also Horimiya is a pretty good romance, they skipped a lot of good scenes from the manga but I still love it nonetheless and it's worth watching IMO. Plastic memories is very good too. Bunny girl senpai is very good. And tonikawa is very fucking cute. Fruits basket is the best of them IMO so if you want to watch the best first or save it for last you do you 😂.
Edit: don't fall too easily for the people who say domestic girlfriend. Yes it has good romance you can say that but oh my god it's too spicy for anyone who's not prepared so at least read the synopsis first or something because I went in blind and my mind was torn to pieces.
Dec 16, 2021 11:44 AM
Sep 2020
alexxblazquez said:

nichijo (more com than romcom but good all the same)
Nagatoro
Kobayashi's dragon maido
Earth to Psycho electric girl
Takagi San
Arifureta
Trying to think of the top of my head but need to check my lists to give good list.
Dec 17, 2021 10:09 AM
Dec 2019
Citrus 😏😏😏😏😏😏
Dec 17, 2021 10:22 AM

May 2021
Ummmmm... can I like recommend My Little Monster or like Maid-sama or Ao Haru Ride. These are like my babies and have so much cuteness in them.
Dec 17, 2021 5:06 PM

Aug 2016
Anime:

- Hanamaru Kindergarten
- New game (not romcom, but its about office ladies doing fun stuff)
- Kono Bijutsubu
- Kare Kano
- Midori no hibi
- Clannad/ Clannad After Story

Manga

- Molester Man
- High score girl
- Tomo-chan is a girl
- Mousou telepathy
- Nagatoro (better than the anime since its better at delivering jokes)
- Ranma 1/2 (actually more focused on deliverying martial arts comedy)
- Oh, My Sweet Alien
MichaelJacksonDec 17, 2021 5:10 PM
:v
Dec 18, 2021 2:12 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread moved to the correct board.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
Dec 20, 2021 1:18 AM

Jan 2021
Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi (romance, comedy, slice of life, no harem, work-life/adults, likeable characters)

-Servant x Service (overall similar)

-Wotakoi (overall similar, the only difference is in Wotakoi, some of the characters are already dating so this is more about the daily life of the couples)

-I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying (romance, comedy, slice of life, no harem, adults, likeable characters)

-Tsurezure Children (romance, comedy, no harem, likeable characters)

-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (romance, comedy, no harem, likeable characters)

-Tamako Love Story (romance, comedy, slice of life, no harem, likeable characters but better to watch Tamako Market first)

-Net-juu no Susume (romance, comedy, adults, no harem)

-Rikekoi (romance, comedy, work-life/adults, no harem)

-Taishou Otome Otogibanashi (romance, comedy, slice of life, no harem)

Honorable mention: Ao-chan Can't Study (romance, comedy, no harem, kinda likeable characters)

I like everything I've mentioned above but most of my favorites are shoujo romcoms so I'm not putting them here. Hope this helps you~

More topics from this board

» Tense, exciting Anime with big mysteries?

Fckthwrld - 8 hours ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Just Really Great Anime Suggestions

Benassiesto - 6 hours ago

4 by Lucifrost »»
4 hours ago

» Real Robot Anime

PlasticRobot - 8 hours ago

4 by Dizzy-san »»
7 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

11 by rejote »»
8 hours ago

» Rec fantasy/isekai anime without OP MC

D5rkUnl0ck3r - Yesterday

4 by rejote »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.