Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 5, 2021 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
Not a big fan of anything by reki kawahara, i think the spinoff ggo series was better than anything original sao related.
Is the writing changed or is it just readapting the same source with more detail cuz im not interested on getting attached for another letdown after aincrad ends or any bullshit with kayaba (like how can the main antagonist not have a reason for his actions bruh??)
Dec 5, 2021 1:16 AM

Jul 2021
Kitsune_089 said:
Not a big fan of anything by reki kawahara, i think the spinoff ggo series was better than anything original sao related.
Is the writing changed or is it just readapting the same source with more detail cuz im not interested on getting attached for another letdown after aincrad ends or any bullshit with kayaba (like how can the main antagonist not have a reason for his actions bruh??)

if you dont like kawaharas writing, why are you even asking this? you wont like this and its not for you. he wrote SAO when he was 16 so obviously hes improved but its still going to be the same idea.

its a complete redo of the aincrad arc, if you look at the "adaptation" section on MAL it takes you to a series called "SAO progressive" which is a new light novel retelling the aincrad arc in a bigger way, expanding on character motivations and thoughts during each floor instead of timeskipping

the movie is simply the first floor and ends with them reaching floor 2, as far as kayabas motivations go its literally explained in the original anime series in episode 1, he wanted to rule the world with the floating castle, when its destroyed he destroys his mind with it setting off to go find it again.

not trying to be a dick about my answer either, i dont see why youd bother asking if youll like this if you havent liked anything else hes done including alicization its genuinely just not for you
Dec 5, 2021 2:08 AM
Aug 2013
It's a retelling of the first two episodes, not a reboot.

In the movie, there are several scenes from the first two episodes that are reanimated at higher quality, with different camera angles and extended shots. There is also plenty of new content wrapped around these scenes, as the story is presented from Asuna's point-of-view, not Kirito. This new content, in my opinion, was of higher quality than the original TV show.

However, the events of the first two episodes are still canon, and so the new content had to be accommodated around that. This is very apparent when the new character in this movie (Asuna's friend) must be written out of the story by the end of the movie.
Dec 5, 2021 3:57 AM

Oct 2020
@Kitsune_089 check this post

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1958209
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Dec 5, 2021 7:03 AM

Jul 2017
chriskor022 said:
This anime is not for you, just find another anime to watch. And Reki writing for progressive is great, and dont judged the author basing anime adaption, it seems retarded take if you ask me.

You need to touch grass to for making a thread because of how dumb your question is

Lmao you can fuck right off bro
Dec 5, 2021 7:05 AM

Jul 2017

Thanks looks like a soft reboot ill check it out sometime
Dec 5, 2021 9:33 AM

Jul 2021
Kitsune_089 said:

Thanks looks like a soft reboot ill check it out sometime

i appreciate that you are willing to take a look at it, but i dont think you should if you never liked SAO prior. just read the novel if you think you have a chance of getting into SAO
Dec 5, 2021 3:37 PM

May 2020
As someone who liked the original premise of SAO but always was disappointed by each season, I really enjoyed the movie. Finally felt like an SAO that focused on the premise itself instead of dump side-plots or harem-building
Is Blue Box my favorite manga? Not yet...Yes. Yes it is. 

Dec 5, 2021 7:07 PM

Mar 2021
This is not a lazy compilation movie. It is completely done from the ground up, and a much superior retelling than the first 2 episodes of SAO.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

254 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 28, 5:25 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

56 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.