Forum Settings
Forums

How would you rank the mainline Ace Attorney games from best to worst?

New
Oct 17, 2021 4:30 PM

Jul 2020
Alright, so I started playing the original Ace Attorney on the “OpenEmu” emulator today and I’m already loving it so far, so I want to hear other people’s thoughts about how would they rank the mainline Ace Attorney games. The original Ace Attorney was the only game from the series I played, so I can’t really rank them yet.
SmashBlackOct 17, 2021 5:44 PM

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Oct 17, 2021 4:39 PM
Dec 2017
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations is the best in the series for me.

Other than that, i don't care at all about worst or best i just love the series but i don't wanna see it milked.

Oct 17, 2021 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
So far I've played most of the games in the franchise but I haven't finished great ace attorney and haven't played miles edgeworth investigations 2 or the layton crossover.
So in general, Trials and Tribulations > Justice for All > Dual Destinies > Ace Attorney 1 > Miles Edgeworth Investigations > Apollo Justice > Spirit of Justice
Justice for all introduces Franziska who is just an all around solid character and has some really solid cases but Trial and Tribulations is just kind of a build up of that both with some interesting character focus and generally being a great climax for the main trilogy.
Dual destinies feels like a culmination of a lot of the neat quirks and characters from the prior games while still maintaining both a decent story and being a generally fun entry.
The first game is a solid mid tier entry for the series and a good starting point overall.
Edgworth investigation is a distinct style change with the main highlight obviously being a game from Edgeworth's perspective as a long running character.
Apollo Justice I think irks me because they try to go for more of a gritty tone but it focuses on a very energetic character so it creates a really weird clash. Also the main prosecutor while not really a bad character is surprisingly boring compared to most in the franchise.
Spirit of justice just feels like a game that exists with no major purpose. It feels like the only take away from the game is it follows up on a "where are they now" for one of the original main characters but most of the game is structured so weirdly and is so contained they can't really build anything off of it.
Oct 17, 2021 7:53 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Wow, not only has SmashBlack come back, but he's been bringing up somewhat better threads. Thanks, mate.

Anyway, I haven't played or seen Spirit of Justice yet, but my favorite is Trials and Tribulations, and I have a feeling that won't really change.
Though I'd say that pretty much each of the Ace Attorney games are pretty good in their own right, even Apollo Justice.

also, you put on Duel Destinies and Spirit of Justice twice

More topics from this board

» The Mike Pollock drama that is going on recently will go down in history!

funtime43_tr - May 4

6 by deg »»
36 minutes ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - Yesterday

12 by Auron_ »»
2 hours ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

5 by tectacles »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3536 by Jeritorias »»
4 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - Apr 25

4 by _Nette_ »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.