Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

The story would've been so much better if the author didn't add the time travel.

Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 17, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2020
Do you all agree? There would've been no plot holes. The Anime would've been focusing on how the Tokyo Manji Gang was formed and the process of how it is growing rather than Takemichi focusing on saving Hina. It would've been much darker than how it is now.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2021 11:43 AM

Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Do you all agree? There would've been no plot holes. The Anime would've been focusing on how the Tokyo Manji Gang was formed and the process of how it is growing rather than Takemichi focusing on saving Hina. It would've been much darker than how it is now.
Nah I don't agree. That would make it pretty basic
Oct 17, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
No
Not at all
The story would’ve been too boring if there was no time travel
Oct 17, 2021 11:45 AM

Jul 2020
xdiogo630 said:
Scordolo said:
Nah I don't agree. That would make it pretty basic

As basic as it would've been, it wouldn't have made it worse as it is now IMO.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 17, 2021 11:47 AM
Feb 2021
The time travel aspect is what keeps it engaging. And the mistery of what happened and how that will change the future
Oct 17, 2021 11:53 AM
May 2021
I started watching the show because of the time travel because i loved time travel show but this show was total disappointment in the second half with the increase in fight plot holes also increases.Here I'm taking as a anime watcher(although i'm manga reader but this is anime discussion).
Oct 17, 2021 11:55 AM

May 2021
I hate the series btw.
Just removing the time travel? Maybe it would avoid a lot of problems but you just can't ignore how horribly the characters are written and how generic the plot would be(even with time travel its generic)for a shounen, cuz if it was a seinen the author could have made the series a lot more realistic.

Oct 17, 2021 11:55 AM

Jul 2020
NoBoDY-5 said:
I started watching the show because of the time travel because i loved time travel show but this show was total disappointment in the second half with the increase in fight plot holes also increases.Here I'm taking as a anime watcher(although i'm manga reader but this is anime discussion).

Agreed, the first half was engaging only because of time travel, but the second half totally fell off because of more plot holes and the characters wasting their time.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 17, 2021 11:57 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
Yes I totally agree. The series got me thinking this all the time, would be much better tbh

Oct 17, 2021 12:00 PM
May 2021
Scordolo said:
Even if we removed time travel there are still illogical fight scene where (1) 14-15 year old kid beat the shit out of 50-100 boys(don't know about the ages maybe they are adult).And there are still so many flaws even if you removed the timetravel.
Milan-5Oct 17, 2021 12:04 PM
Oct 17, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
The time travel keeps it engaging. The problem with Tokyo Revengers is that the protagonist is a complete dumbass. It kills all suspense when the reason he keeps failing is because he is stupid. The logic is flawed aswell. The fact that he can take more hits than gang members who have been fighting their whole life is utterly absurd. Dude literally takes a brick to the temple and doesn't pass out because plot armor.
The only good part of the show is the main villain Kisaki, but later in the manga it's shown he's also a big dumbass with stupid reasoning, just less of a dumbass than Hanagaki.

For a similar show like Re:Zero, the satisfying part comes from Subaru collecting information from multiple resets and pushing past an impossible barrier, knowing how much Subaru has had to suffer to achieve this future. Even when Hanagaki sees the horrible future he still doesn't bother to think ahead about things.
removed-userOct 17, 2021 12:05 PM
Oct 17, 2021 12:05 PM
Mar 2021
I don't know if it would be better that way but it would surely remove a lot of plot holes
Oct 17, 2021 12:09 PM

Apr 2021
I disagree highly.
Oct 17, 2021 12:15 PM
Feb 2021
No, I don't agree that the entire premise of the show shouldn't exist.
Oct 17, 2021 12:20 PM
May 2021
Scordolo said:
I'm not gonna give any spoiler but next arc is atleast better than previous arc.And yeah next arc has even more WTF moments but has some good backstory also.
Oct 17, 2021 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
i got to agree with other. Time travel mystery keeps the plot engaging. Character especially the villan like kazutora are absoulte trash in comparison to good yanki anime villans.
Usually Great old school yanki shows requires great characters and hand to hand fight with good animation. this kind of lacks in both tbh. its unique premise of timetravel + yanki setting makes it up for me
AdampkOct 17, 2021 12:33 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 17, 2021 12:29 PM

Jul 2020
NoBoDY-5 said:
Scordolo said:
I'm not gonna give any spoiler but next arc is atleast better than previous arc.And yeah next arc has even more WTF moments but has some good backstory also.

Even if the arcs may get better in the future, at least to me, it cannot be forgotten how illogical some of the plot points were in the previous arcs.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Oct 17, 2021 1:07 PM
Mar 2019
As much as i enjoy the show,the plot holes are too many,and i honestly dont expect some of them to even be resolved in the future.But to remove Time travel?I would say no cause its the one aspect thats keeping me hooked on the show so far because its really interesting to see how Takemitchy's actions so far affect the future(straight up changing his position in 2nd final episode by making him a Captain was pretty cool and he got to be respected in the future as well).But shit the fact Takemitchi doesnt even think about asking Naotora(forgot his exact name)some extra details that would actually help in his journey and they seem to be the only one who can do the time travel which ig anime logic but whatever.
Tbh I'd be down to see the growth and downfall of the Tokyo Manji Gang.It would not only be alot darker but could have potentially lots of heartbreaking moments as well as you said.
This anime is basically a more gansta version of typical time travel movies and if the authour doesn't give a crap about some details then i shouldn't too.Of course sometimes this backfires.(unless of course story decides yeah just ignore that massive plot point thats not gonna be answered later then im obviously gonna question the shit out of the writer's decision.)
Oct 17, 2021 1:18 PM
Jun 2021
But the time travel was basically the main premise of the show. I personally really liked it, the whole trying to change the past to affect the future idea was brilliant.
Oct 17, 2021 2:19 PM

Feb 2015
I think it was a nice concept just hard to make it work and the author ended up introducing too many plot holes. It was annoying noticing them but I still really enjoyed the show and picked up the manga to continue. I think I would still like the past story line without time travel if it was spun in a way to make it work but I enjoy it for what it is regardless. I do appreciate the mystery of the time travel and if I had to pick one or the other, I would pick the way it is now.
_JordoOct 17, 2021 2:31 PM

Oct 17, 2021 2:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Nah, it would be better with an actual good protagonist.
Oct 17, 2021 2:27 PM
Dec 2020
Scordolo said:
not really, it's like having a great fishing rod without the hook attached, that's never gonna break into the main stream and hardly anyone is gonna watch such a show. TR wouldnt even be 1/10 as popular as it is now.

Time travel also adds a layer of tension by having us know "what" will happen and "when" does it happen, but requiring our MC to figure out "why" did it happen,"how" he can change that, and sometimes "who" did it?

All of those things play a factor as to why TR became as successful as it is today
Oct 17, 2021 2:31 PM

Sep 2018
Scordolo said:

Then it would just be crap without a twist.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 17, 2021 2:49 PM
May 2020
Yeah I agree. The time travel aspect kept throwing me off and just made me frustrated by the inconsistent nature of it all. However the story would lose quite a big chunk if it was altogether deleted. Really it would need to be re-written or replaced by something better.
Oct 17, 2021 3:23 PM
Mar 2021
The story is good because of that 😂 it would be pretty obvious and boring without the time traveling
Oct 17, 2021 3:33 PM

Apr 2020
Nah, The story would be much better if the MC wasn't Takemichi
Oct 17, 2021 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
Time travel is the key feature of the anime though. Yes, it doesn't make any sense and yes, it has bunch of plot holes but then the whole mystery aspect of the anime would be gone, takemitchy as he is would be too spineless to do anything and it would lose its uniqueness
Oct 17, 2021 4:19 PM
Mar 2021
That defeats the point of the story...
Oct 17, 2021 4:26 PM
Jan 2021
Nah I heavily disagree. I really loved how it started off with takemichi trying to save Hina, then it leading to a much darker story, I think it is great how it is personally
Oct 17, 2021 4:28 PM
Jul 2021
darrenkbenn said:
I hate the series btw.
Just removing the time travel? Maybe it would avoid a lot of problems but you just can't ignore how horribly the characters are written and how generic the plot would be(even with time travel its generic)for a shounen, cuz if it was a seinen the author could have made the series a lot more realistic.
oh shut up you prententious cunt, not everything has to be realistic its an animation for peats sake
Oct 17, 2021 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
Yep agreed , shit time travel is one of the reasons I don't like this but its not like its the only reason , 14 yo riding bikes and running gangs is a cringe storm for me
Oct 17, 2021 7:03 PM
Nov 2020
Definitely don’t agree. The inclusion of time travel makes the show very unique and I would definitely recommend the manga if you’re not yet sold on the time travel. It makes the stakes that much higher.
Oct 17, 2021 7:04 PM
Apr 2021
Isn't time travel the only thing that makes this anime interesting?
Oct 17, 2021 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
Yep agreed , shit time travel is one of the reasons I don't like this but its not like its the only reason , 14 yo riding bikes and running gangs is a cringe storm for me
Agreed on the cringe part. 14 year olds fighting, even friggin killing each other like it's no big shit.
Oct 17, 2021 7:08 PM
May 2020
I kinda thought this at one point, it wouldn’t have so many plot holes and other misused time travel aspects, but it’s so ingrained into the whole plot of the show that it would be completely different without it
Oct 17, 2021 7:09 PM
May 2020
You want to take away the numerous possibilities and all the new looks. Nah if it were the case the plot would be nothing great. It would've become a senseless ranting of some wierd characters.Then the goal of Takemichi would be to become a top member in Tokyo Manji gang just coz.
Oct 17, 2021 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
nworbsenni said:
oh shut up you prententious cunt, not everything has to be realistic its an animation for peats sake
People saying its Peak , the best of 2021 , best plot bla bla bla , but something not realistic with full of plotholes can't be called the best of 2021
Oct 17, 2021 7:56 PM
May 2021
Nope, can't agree on this one. As many others mentioned - this is what makes it so engaging, draws you in and often keeps you on the edge of your seat. It really wouldn't be so great without it, wouldn't manage to squeeze this much angst from all the characters to make us suffer, which I am a very big fan of.
So nah, personally I wouldn't want Tokrev any other way. It's perfect the way it is.
Oct 17, 2021 8:02 PM
Jun 2021
You sound so dumb , like literally nothing in the story could have happen without the main important event. The time traveling . he couldn't have saved anyone , or couldn't have gotten where he is now
Oct 17, 2021 8:31 PM
May 2021
Scordolo said:
NoBoDY-5 said:

Even if the arcs may get better in the future, at least to me, it cannot be forgotten how illogical some of the plot points were in the previous arcs.
same.
(15 character limit)
Oct 17, 2021 8:40 PM
May 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
nworbsenni said:
People saying it is peak , the best of 2021 , best plot bla bla bla , but something not realistic with full of plotholes can't be called the best of 2021
wait people calling TR best 2021 and peak.Imao,those people are really brain dead TR is not even spring best anime(it is not subjective it is objective) you may like TR and there is no problem but calling it peak, best 2021 no way in hell.
Oct 17, 2021 8:42 PM

Apr 2021
Scordolo said:
The Anime would've been focusing on how the Tokyo Manji Gang was formed and the process of how it is growing rather than Takemichi focusing on saving Hina.

The story would've been much better if it ended on 200 chapters and the writer didn't start milking it
I love Monogatari Series
Oct 17, 2021 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Lol the Characters are already poorly written.
The time travel just added crap on top of garbage
Oct 17, 2021 8:47 PM
Jul 2018
NoBoDY-5 said:
Chota_Itachi said:
People saying it is peak , the best of 2021 , best plot bla bla bla , but something not realistic with full of plotholes can't be called the best of 2021
wait people calling TR best 2021 and peak.Imao,those people are really brain dead TR is not even spring best anime(it is not subjective it is objective) you may like TR and there is no problem but calling it peak, best 2021 no way in hell.
ikr I've even met people calling it MASTERPIECE and Better than AOT lol (when the manga sales broke records)
Oct 17, 2021 9:14 PM

Mar 2013
The time travel is the main focus of the anime, if it were to be removed, this would be an entirely different story.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 17, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2011
While I don't think time travel is the best idea, it would be a pretty dull story without it. I don't even know how you would make a story without it? If the story is about a group of punk kids who grow up to be terrorists doesn't sound like a good idea.

It's also more than just saving Hina. While Hina is the primary goal, the MC also wants to save the friends he made and make sure they become better people and not have a dark future. Yeah, it has some problems, but nothing that bad.
Oct 17, 2021 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
There's a reason the anime delinquent genre is played out and is not so popular nowadays.Adding the spice of time travel to it was the necessary selling point to today's anime watching audience I think
Oct 17, 2021 10:41 PM
Jan 2021
Without time travel story going to look shit use your brain bro . Mc travel back to save her gf and everyone and change future that thing make story more intense
Oct 18, 2021 3:33 AM
Dec 2019
Scordolo said:
are you stupid or do you just talk for the sake of talking ? This gotta be a troll cause there’s no way you’re serious SMH PLEASE TELL ME I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY WHAT YOU’RE SAYING IS JUST A BUNCH OF BAFOONERY
Oct 18, 2021 4:28 AM
Jan 2017
YES! Time travel based on a shakehand is beyond trash.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

» Worst protagonist ever? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Leon888 - Jan 14

169 by KobayashiChi »»
Mar 19, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.