Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 17, 2021 11:04 AM
Aug 2021
Yeah. It's one of a kind
Oct 17, 2021 11:23 AM
Oct 2017
i don't think its the best story ever written but its certainly up there in the top 3, bcz i also love HxH and steins gate a lot, but i love each of those for a different reason

But, i have not seen anything like it in any medium, a harsh world thats is full of mystery and gives you some slight clues, and then the big reveal happens and all of those clues suddenly make sense, amazing characters that you can sympathize with and understand their struggles, just makes me cry watching those first episode knowing what these characters are going to be faced with, its truly a masterpiece
Oct 17, 2021 11:27 AM
Oct 2017
Whiteasfetch said:
There's plenty better than aot.

Mirai Nikki
Monogatari series
Akame Ga Kill
When they cry
Death Note
Another

I could go on and on. Look, aot is fun and all, but in my opinion, if anyone thinks that it's genuinely the best anime out there, then they clearly haven't watched enough series
lmao you think mirai nikki, akame ga kill and another are better than aot, and then say that people who think its the best haven't watched enough anime? Bro if you enjoyed those more then aot its your opinion, but youre a fucking joke

And you have only watched 30 anime and youre telling people that they haven't watched enough anime? Youre truly a clown
Oct 17, 2021 11:41 AM

Sep 2016
BloodyTaer said:
Whiteasfetch said:

Mirai Nikki
Monogatari series
Akame Ga Kill
When they cry
Death Note
Another

I could go on and on. Look, aot is fun and all, but in my opinion, if anyone thinks that it's genuinely the best anime out there, then they clearly haven't watched enough series
lmao you think mirai nikki, akame ga kill and another are better than aot, and then say that people who think its the best haven't watched enough anime? Bro if you enjoyed those more then aot its your opinion, but youre a fucking joke

And you have only watched 30 anime and youre telling people that they haven't watched enough anime? Youre truly a clown

I've only logged 30. I typically don't log those I hate. You're sure getting pissed over someone not joining your AOT circle jerk, huh?
Oct 17, 2021 11:53 AM

Sep 2016
BloodyTaer said:
Whiteasfetch said:

Mirai Nikki
Monogatari series
Akame Ga Kill
When they cry
Death Note
Another

Furthermore, you've only logged 56 as completed. You're gonna come at me for only logging 30 when you only have 26 more? Weaboo much? In reality, accounting for those I haven't logged, we're at around the same.

I think Aot is fine. I enjoyed it. Op wanted an opinion, I gave him an opinion. Don't get your little girl panties in such a twist
Oct 17, 2021 11:57 AM
Feb 2021
This inspiration for AOT was the Muv-Luv VN franchise and Muv-Luv Alternative is currently being adapted into an anime. With it's second episode, you will see how it's so similar to AOT. It's free on the Muse Asia YouTube channel.
Oct 17, 2021 12:01 PM
Mar 2021
The question is too general. Like for me, who loves comedies and romance things, yeah there are better shows than aot. But like for someone who loves shounen, then yes, there aren t many shows which are similar to aot.
Oct 17, 2021 12:08 PM

Nov 2020
Had it ended properly, AoT could've been my favorite anime.

As that didn't happen, I prefer these anime over AoT

Steins;Gate
Death Note
Hunter x Hunter
3-Gatsu no Lion
Monogatari
Fate
Silent Voice
Made in Abyss
Haikyuu
Oct 17, 2021 12:09 PM
Mar 2021
I have watched many anime including most of the popular ones but AOT is still my fav. Its story is too good and the way the scouts go outside of the walls gives me the best feeling
Oct 17, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
AOT is a really good show, don't get me wrong. Ending is cool but also a little sour. I don't think it's the best anime ever though. For me that would be HxH (2011) - the world is just so colourful and fleshed out.
Oct 17, 2021 12:39 PM
Oct 2017
Whiteasfetch said:
BloodyTaer said:

Furthermore, you've only logged 56 as completed. You're gonna come at me for only logging 30 when you only have 26 more? Weaboo much? In reality, accounting for those I haven't logged, we're at around the same.

I think Aot is fine. I enjoyed it. Op wanted an opinion, I gave him an opinion. Don't get your little girl panties in such a twist
im not "comming at you" because you only have 30, im comming at you because you only have 30 logged and youre acting like youre the more knowledgable person in anime, i never said im better than you because i have wathed more anime or anything, im just telling you that youre acting like a pompous asshole

If someone with 150+ anime catalogued anime came in and said what you said about people needing to watch more anime if they think that aot is the best, then they would be an asshole too, but at least they have something to show for it, you don't

And i couldn't care less if you gave aot a 1, your opinion is at the bottom of things that matter, but youre acting all high and mighty when youre not all that, again, im not saying im better than you but im not acting like an elitist when i have only watched 50 anime logged
Oct 17, 2021 12:45 PM

Sep 2016
BloodyTaer said:
Whiteasfetch said:

im not "comming at you" because you only have 30, im comming at you because you only have 30 logged and youre acting like youre the more knowledgable person in anime, i never said im better than you because i have wathed more anime or anything, im just telling you that youre acting like a pompous asshole

If someone with 150+ anime catalogued anime came in and said what you said about people needing to watch more anime if they think that aot is the best, then they would be an asshole too, but at least they have something to show for it, you don't

And i couldn't care less if you gave aot a 1, your opinion is at the bottom of things that matter, but youre acting all high and mighty when youre not all that, again, im not saying im better than you but im not acting like an elitist when i have only watched 50 anime logged

Dude, they're literally just cartoons. No one is higher or more mighty in this case. I was just giving my opinion. I'm just saying I don't think it's the greatest of all time. It isn't that deep. You getting offended over it is ridiculous.

And I don't think I'm an elitist either. Anyone who thinks they're an anime elitist needs to touch grass. Again. It's just an opinion. We're both entitled to one

On a different note. I looked into your watch list. We've both seen a lot of the same stuff. I'm sure you're a cool guy. Sorry if my orginal comment pissed you off.
Oct 17, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 2017
Whiteasfetch said:
BloodyTaer said:

Dude, they're literally just cartoons. No one is higher or more mighty in this case. I was just giving my opinion. I'm just saying I don't think it's the greatest of all time. It isn't that deep. You getting offended over it is ridiculous.

And I don't think I'm an elitist either. Anyone who thinks they're an anime elitist needs to touch grass. Again. It's just an opinion. We're both entitled to one

On a different note. I looked into your watch list. We've both seen a lot of the same stuff. I'm sure you're a cool guy. Sorry if my orginal comment pissed you off.
i agree, no one is higher or better than anyone for watching more cartoons, and you can have your opinion of which one you think is the best, but don't belittle people who have different taste than you like you did in your original comment, thanks :)
Oct 17, 2021 1:09 PM
Sep 2021
KanekiKen523 said:
For me, it just seems that way. There's nothing like it. Besides, I'm sure there's nothing better than it too. Do you think nothing comes close to Attack On Titan, is better than Attack On Titan, or is it just me?
watch vinlandsaga
Oct 17, 2021 1:23 PM

Feb 2021
there are many things better than aot
Oct 17, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2020
I could think of a handful of shows that are way more consistent, unique and just generally better than AOT

Death Note
Hunter x Hunter
Made in Abyss
NGE
Monster
Anohaha
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Oct 17, 2021 1:51 PM

Dec 2020
Deniz_Tano said:
Nah Hunter x Hunter is better than aot almost every way

Pshh and how would you know that? I absolutely hate people that make such strong statements like that but haven't seen shit to even know what they're talking about.

Oct 17, 2021 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
Is there anything like Attack on Titan? No.

Is there anything better than Attack on Titan? Yeah maybe… I think AoT is really good, it’s a masterpiece. But there are also some really good anime and manga in my opinion like JoJo, HxH and Evangelion
Oct 17, 2021 2:39 PM
Feb 2020
KanekiKen523 said:
For me, it just seems that way. There's nothing like it. Besides, I'm sure there's nothing better than it too. Do you think nothing comes close to Attack On Titan, is better than Attack On Titan, or is it just me?
well, seeing your anime list I can understand why you think that, all I can say is: watch more, read more, learn more. This is totally subjective, but there are better mangas/animes.
(SNK is a masterpiece imo anyway)
Oct 17, 2021 2:39 PM

Mar 2017
Even though I very much like the series, there are surely better things than aot.
Oct 17, 2021 2:58 PM
Jan 2021
There’s nothing like it but there are definitely several anime that are better. I recommend the fate series. The main watch order is Fate/Stay Night Original, Fate Zero, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, and finally the Fate/Stay Night Heaven’s Feel Movie Trilogy. There’s also One Piece of course but most people feel it’s too long
Oct 17, 2021 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Plenty of anime like it. Plenty of anime better than it to me.
Oct 17, 2021 3:11 PM
Jan 2021
A lot of characters and actions in Vinland saga remind me of a much better version of AoT so
Oct 17, 2021 3:16 PM
Feb 2021
I mean I don't think there's anything like it and it is top 4 for me but jojos, yuyu hakusho and hunterxhunter were just more enjoyable for me
Oct 17, 2021 3:21 PM

Aug 2018
yeah, wit studio's attack on titan is better than mappa's
Oct 17, 2021 3:46 PM
Feb 2021
A really good show but not in my top 10 personally I think it may just be you thing but I would recommend full metal alchemist if you haven't seen it yet really good show with a few similar themes being about war
Oct 17, 2021 4:12 PM
Apr 2020
Aot used to me among my favourites until i saw 3 animes that completely anhillated my expectations: hxh, monster and cowboy bebop. I havent been able to enjoy anime since watching those 3
Oct 17, 2021 7:14 PM
Mar 2021
I personally like tensura better than any anime, I might be making it overated, but i have thought it after finishing wn, so ya, but they both are from different genre, so it's pointless to even compare
Oct 17, 2021 8:02 PM
Sep 2020
There is no anime like AOT. It is the #1 forever in my heart.
Oct 17, 2021 8:09 PM
Aug 2019
LANARp-0470 said:
I used to think like that and then the ending happened.

First reply s***s on the ending lol. Dang man, manga readers don’t ever turn down the opportunity.
Oct 17, 2021 8:18 PM

Mar 2021
Is there any thing like AoT? While it's definitely not 100 percent unique, it is quite original in its story.

Is it the best there is? This is pretty much just people's opinions. Personally, I didn't like the show that much, mainly cuz I hated most of the characters. However, it's pretty clear that this showed is beloved by many. Also I prefer SoL/drama shows more. It's pretty subjective, but I personally think there are many better shows.
Oct 17, 2021 8:21 PM
Oct 2020
KanekiKen523 said:
Better or worse is subjective but i can 100% agree with the fact that there’s nothing like it. It is unique.
Oct 17, 2021 8:30 PM
Jan 2021
There's nothing like AOT in my opinion. I think it is a very good anime one of the best so far but I do think there are better anime then AOT out there. like Hunter X Hunter,Code Geass,etc
Oct 17, 2021 9:13 PM
Feb 2016
Definitely a lot of stuff that's better than Attack on Titan.
Oct 17, 2021 9:19 PM
Mar 2021
Nitroade24h said:
CalmYolo said:
I would say Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood could be comparted to it considering it is also a militaristic-political action show, but the way it handles itself is completely different as well with the directions it takes. And in my current opinion I would say Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is better, but that could change depending on if I find the attack on titan ending good
I watched FMAB soon after AoT expecting it to be as good, but it really wasn’t. It was good, but an 8/10 rather than the 10/10 I expected.
I totally agree after watching s3p2 of aot fmab didn't deliver upto the my expectations ,I was disappointed because I believed it was the one thing with a higher rating than s3p2
Oct 17, 2021 9:57 PM
Jan 2021
There is definitely things better than it but not much is like it
Oct 17, 2021 10:07 PM

Feb 2021
Here are 10 shows that are better than aot (there are many more):
1. Hunter x Hunter
2.gintama
3. Steins gate
4. Clannad after story
5. One piece
6. The fate franchise
7. Madomagi
8. Koe no katachi
9. The tatami galaxy
10. The monogatari series
Oct 17, 2021 11:09 PM

Mar 2021
I believe that there are plenty of shows out there that are superior to Aot. Aot does some things well and some other things poorly.....
Oct 18, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2020
adnan_ said:
Ofc. Snk is one of a kind but there's many anime which can be considered better than SnK. Personally SnK is stlll my most favourite but these anime are also spectacular-

Hunter Hunter

Monogatari Series

Gintama

Chihayafuru

Evangelion 1997 + EoE

Monster (Haven't completed it yet but still spectacular writing)

Made in Abyss

3-Gatsu

You have such great taste, I love seeing people mention Chihayafuru because it's a serious that deserves so much praise
Oct 18, 2021 12:28 AM
Aug 2021
I won't say there aren't any better anime than Aot. But this was really a special one for me. An unique way of story telling with so many well thought out story structures. Also the bgm man don't even make me start on that every single one was so good. Some people say Aot ending is actually not that great (Personally I actually enjoyed it in a unique way) yet I think it will be one of the best for decades.
Oct 18, 2021 12:28 AM

Sep 2021
I have not seen much anime but for now FMAB, Hunter x Hunter and Vinland Saga is above AOT (it may even go out of my top 10 depending of the final part)
Oct 18, 2021 1:44 AM
Jul 2021
adnan_ said:
Ofc. Snk is one of a kind but there's many anime which can be considered better than SnK. Personally SnK is stlll my most favourite but these anime are also spectacular-

Hunter Hunter

Monogatari Series

Gintama

Chihayafuru

Evangelion 1997 + EoE

Made in Abyss

3-Gatsu

Made in Abyss is one of my favourite anime. It has such a cool story and great animation that it is better than AOT imo. The manga has such an interesting style as well! Sadly it doesn't seem that anybody is really mentioning it here.
Oct 18, 2021 3:25 AM

Oct 2020
There are lots of anime that are better than AoT but I do believe it is one of the masterpieces of this decade and it is to be applauded because of the large community the anime has built. The story is amazing and the characters are really interesting. And yes, there are no similar anime like AoT.
Oct 18, 2021 3:35 AM

Dec 2020
It's posts like these are the reason why Attack on Titan receives so much hate. You say it's the greatest even though you haven't even seen enough anime to know what's good yet, which is why Attack on Titan is called a normie anime, cause normies say it's the greatest and better than everything, even though they haven't even seen the shows that they are comparing Attack on titan to.

Oct 18, 2021 4:55 AM

Jan 2021
Aot was a masterpiece once very close to vagabond and berserk but after 7 ridiculous chapters it was ruined so my answer is yes i can name atleast 20mangas/anime better than aot.One of them berserk
Oct 18, 2021 5:32 AM
Nov 2020
I think it's pretty good, but I wouldn't call it top 10 of all time, nevermind better
Oct 18, 2021 5:33 AM

Apr 2019
Another bait topic... haha
Oct 18, 2021 6:44 AM
May 2020
KanekiKen523 said:

For me there are many shows which are on the same level as aot or even better (note that aot is one of my fave anime ever)
Some shows I consider as amazing as aot: Steins;Gate, Fate Zero, Psycho Pass,Vinland Saga, Classroom of the Elite, Shinsekai Yori, Death Note, Konosuba, Hyouka, Baccano, Durarara, Death Parade, Bungou Stray Dogs, HunterxHunter, No Game no Life, Gakkou Gurashii
Oct 18, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2020
Krns said:
adnan_ said:

Hunter Hunter

Monogatari Series

Gintama

Chihayafuru

Evangelion 1997 + EoE

Made in Abyss

3-Gatsu

You have such great taste, I love seeing people mention Chihayafuru because it's a serious that deserves so much praise
Thank you very much. I was really surprised by how good Chihayafuru actually is when I first watched it. Its character cast is so well written. It deserves more recognition imo.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Oct 18, 2021 8:01 AM

Nov 2020
T-hoji said:
adnan_ said:

Hunter Hunter

Monogatari Series

Gintama

Chihayafuru

Evangelion 1997 + EoE

Made in Abyss

3-Gatsu

Made in Abyss is one of my favourite anime. It has such a cool story and great animation that it is better than AOT imo. The manga has such an interesting style as well! Sadly it doesn't seem that anybody is really mentioning it here.
Its worldbuilding is amazing. But I think the main characters are lacking. I can't seem to get attached to them. Antagonists are brilliantly written I love Bondrewd's character.

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1653 by Rishab_WasHere »»
May 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.