Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2010 3:05 AM
Oct 2009
Just asking.

The B doesn't happen to be related to Yamada's bust size does it?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2010 3:17 AM

Feb 2008
I'm guessing it's either that or her blood type, the gata can mean a lot of things, style, shape, blood type. The Kei is probably translated as "type of person". The H is probably hentai, ecchi?

The literal translation might then be: "Perverted B-type girl"?

Or I could be completely wrong.
Apr 2, 2010 3:36 AM

Jul 2008
"gata" is usually used for blood type -> "B-gata"=Blood Type B(I think) and "kei" is used for hobby/obsession(again not sure) ->"H-kei"=likes H or something like this.. it is like "akiba-kei"(akihabara otaku) or "johnny-kei"(Johnny Jimusho's fangirls in this case)
Apr 2, 2010 4:32 AM
Jun 2008
HRisa said:
"gata" is usually used for blood type -> "B-gata"=Blood Type B(I think) and "kei" is used for hobby/obsession(again not sure) ->"H-kei"=likes H or something like this.. it is like "akiba-kei"(akihabara otaku) or "johnny-kei"(Johnny Jimusho's fangirls in this case)
B kata might be the blood type,but H.....H itself can be hentai?? H=hentai LOL
Apr 2, 2010 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
'B-sized pervert' sounds the most right for me.
Apr 2, 2010 5:25 AM

Oct 2008
- H is the equivalent of "ecchi" in Japanese.
It could mean sex or any perverted thing.
- "B gata" means "Type B"
Apr 2, 2010 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
gloryfy said:
HRisa said:
B kata might be the blood type,but H.....H itself can be hentai?? H=hentai LOL

I knew that :) it's just that I couldn't bring myself to write it so I wrote just H instead V_V
Apr 2, 2010 6:46 AM
Jun 2008
HRisa said:
I knew that :) it's just that I couldn't bring myself to write it so I wrote just H instead V_V
Hahah!! Cherry boy ( although I am one as well )
Apr 2, 2010 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
gloryfy said:
HRisa said:

Kind of :)) just that I'm not a boy
Apr 2, 2010 7:19 AM
Jun 2008
HRisa said:
gloryfy said:
HRisa said:

Kind of :)) just that I'm not a boy
Ohh didn't check that, its just that there are too many boy in the forum that i assume you are boy also.Sorry >.< .
Maiden? Shoujo ?
Apr 2, 2010 9:58 AM
Oct 2009
I had another random thought.

What if the B was in fact be possibly a pun on "bi" as in beautiful? After all Yamada does call herself a bishoujo.
Apr 2, 2010 5:14 PM

Jul 2009
gata in greek means cat O_O
Apr 15, 2010 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
cookienya said:

Thanks man. Didn't know this series was in Greek or made in Greece.
Apr 16, 2010 3:42 AM

Nov 2007
Tyestor said:
cookienya said:

XDD lol

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 16, 2010 11:52 AM

Apr 2009
cookienya said:

Why go to Greece come back to England! gata sounds like gutter. That would totally fit this anime as thats the place Yamada's brain tends to stay at.
Apr 16, 2010 1:19 PM

May 2009
In the third episode, while Yamada was waiting for Kosuda in the haunted room, she said "B gata ecchi-kei", which was translated in the CG release to "B type eroticism". Also, the way they pronounce H at the title, it definetely sound like "ecchi", and the B can mean many thing as it's coming up in the series very frequently.
Apr 17, 2010 8:12 AM
Feb 2009
Yes in Japan the B gata referes to the blood type, in Japan there is the beleif that certain blood type has certain personality.

Also in Japan they like to play with words, so I think they mean both (blood type and bust cup) because of this costume they have and if you watch the op other girls have F and really their bust is bigger also there is c, and an a for a girl ( her younger sister)

About the H they abbreviate the sound of ecchi in H since "eych" (the pronounciation of H) and ecchi is pronounced the same in japanese.
Apr 28, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
Gata (型) and Kei (系) pretty much means the similar thing; their relationship is like row and colume. She describes herself of being B Gata H Kei, since she have B cup breast size and H level of eroticism. Simple as that.
May 7, 2010 8:44 AM

May 2010
A2ZOMG said:
Just asking.

If the subs I read for the latest episode are a correct translation then it means

"B-Cup Slut"

(which Yamada referred herself as)
May 7, 2010 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
The B is probably because of her breasts size: B cup.
But I don't know for the rest.
May 7, 2010 2:13 PM
May 2010
HooHiraiBunny said:
The B is probably because of her breasts size: B cup.
But I don't know for the rest.

SHes a hooker, it doesnt matter.
O whait i resolve it B gata, Of B-type of girl and H Kei Of Hooker with or some guy called Kei.
Translated will mean something like this " B-Type Hooker of Kei" or maybe just for non Misconceptions " B-Type Hooker of Kei Procurer"..... IM a Genius.
May 7, 2010 3:32 PM

Nov 2008
jackson_h said:
A2ZOMG said:
Just asking.

If the subs I read for the latest episode are a correct translation then it means

"B-Cup Slut"

Those are coalguys subs and they always Americanize things, so its probably safe to assume its not that exactly, though it doesnt rule out that its something similar
May 7, 2010 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
Even if "B-cupped slut" is Americanized, I think it does fit Yamada and the show pretty well.
May 7, 2010 8:55 PM
Nov 2008
raizoo said:
dood, even the Japanese seem to not know what the title means.
B型H系のB型とH系って何だ?性行為感染症の型か何かか?

B型肝炎
HIV感染症

Nice one lol
Hepatitis B and HIV
May 9, 2010 7:57 PM

Dec 2009
B-Cupped Slut. According to the subbers that subbed episode 6 for me.
May 9, 2010 10:38 PM

Oct 2007

Hipster said:
cookienya said:

LMFAO
May 14, 2010 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Yamada is sure one amazing B cupped slut. Who in the hell would like to f*** 100 guys?
Jun 18, 2010 8:05 AM
Oct 2008
innovator001 said:
Who in the hell would like to f*** 100 guys?

I really wish they would have explained why that was. I mean, just why does she want to do so many people when she hasn't even done it once yet? Why 100? I wanted to get to know her motives a little better I guess.
Jun 18, 2010 8:59 AM

Aug 2008
Perhaps she was going to start an army... 1 man at a time... and take over the world!

Jun 18, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2010
Ookamihime said:
innovator001 said:

I really wish they would have explained why that was. I mean, just why does she want to do so many people when she hasn't even done it once yet? Why 100? I wanted to get to know her motives a little better I guess.

They had to censor it a bit in the anime, but in the manga her sister is a world class whore. It has something to do with Yamada being swayed by her sister's behavior, and that she thinks she has to do it with loads of guys in high school so she will have experience when shes older.

Also, the thing about this series I find completely brilliant is the fact that the sex roles are reversed. Yamada and Kosuda are similar to a regular school couple (just, you know, exaggerated for the sake of comedy), just that usually he would be the girl and she the guy.

i.e in high school there are guys that wish to screw as many girls as possible, and are jerks, like Yamada. Kosuda is like a normal girl: Its not that he doesn't want her, hes just going a little slower and isn't a man-slut.
My tastes > your tastes.
Jun 18, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2010
Well, @topic:
In my, non english, sub these "means": B( beautiful ) appearance H ( echi ) style
Jun 19, 2010 12:12 AM
Feb 2010
jackson_h said:
A2ZOMG said:
Just asking.

"B-Cup Slut"

I believe those are subs. Please dun take it as the actual meaning. Cause slut is a bit offensive to conservative countries... which I believe Japan is too.
Jun 19, 2010 12:49 AM

Feb 2010
Ookamihime said:
innovator001 said:

Some people want to be an astronaut, some people want to get perfect marks, and some people want to have sex with 100 guys while in school.

Do you really need a reason?

On a base level: She knows nothing about sex, but the idea is really appealing to her, so she sets her goals absurdly high. B Gata H Kei's ridiculous premise is meant to be ironic, accentuating Yamada's awkward journey toward discovering something special with one boy in her class.
Jun 19, 2010 4:04 AM

Jul 2009
B-cupped Slut. xDD
Jun 20, 2010 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
I can see why subbers have translated it as a lot of things.

Summary: 'B Gata' means 'Type B', as in blood type (blood type is commonly used in Japan a bit like star signs, I should totally find out mine >_<) But it's quite obviously referring to Yamada's cup-size.

'H Kei' means something like 'Group H' But the H is referencing 'hentai'. H in Japanese is pronounced 'ecchi' and is used to actually mean sex. (as in 'let's have ecchi!' x3)

But 'B-Type, Group-H' is a boring translation; I like 'B-cupped Slut', lmao
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 21, 2010 7:30 PM

Feb 2010
this whole anime was screwed up from the beginning
Jun 22, 2010 10:56 PM
Dec 2008
TomDawn said:

They had to censor it a bit in the anime, but in the manga her sister is a world class whore.

DIED LAUGHING.
I started to think that i was the only person to realize this, or read the manga. There has to be a discussion thread on this somewhere
Jun 23, 2010 10:56 PM

Nov 2009
If i had known what the title was i most likely would of banished the show from my sight. Conflicted as to what extent i should accept this type of humor... ./sigh
Jun 24, 2010 11:59 AM
May 2010

lol this ecchi anime about 15 year old female perv, cater to pedo otaku...
icekatana8825 said:
SEE THE INVISIBLE TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
Jun 24, 2010 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
Wasn't this show called B-Cupped Slut?
Jun 25, 2010 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
do they even talk about blood type during the show?

i think it makes more sense to make the B mean her breast size and the rest you all should know. after all, the title is talking about her.

it would not make sense to tell us she has b-type blood for no reason. if it does mean blood type (which i doubt), is she B positive or B negative because blood-types are not typically given without negatives or positives?
Jul 6, 2010 7:23 PM

Apr 2008
After trying to remember the meaning behind "nyannyan", a friend and I....

http://zokugo-dict.com/04e/abcd.htm - It's similar to what we Westerners would call bases.

A = kissing
B = petting/foreplay
C = sex
D = pregnancy

"It's B gata because she never gets to C." ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \

srsly, too many puns~
Jul 11, 2010 1:53 PM

Mar 2009
Here is still the most accurate translation to date:
108s9001Jul 11, 2010 1:57 PM

Jul 15, 2010 5:30 AM

Mar 2009
Interesting title anyhow.
May 2, 2012 6:37 AM

Jan 2012
I'm pretty sure it means "B-type(I assume type in this case is referring to bust size, there was a scene in the anime that made me think this, I'll update it with the part when I find it) pervert/slut(since H refers to pervish things. It's all about context)".
Lemme smang it girl.
Dec 7, 2012 1:36 AM

Feb 2009
I watched the English Subtitles version on Hulu and some where in the middle of Episode 5 Yamada says this sentence: "As it stands, far from H ["naughty"] Kei, it's just B Gata Youth Kei!". So whoever subbed this noted that the H does mean naughty. The wording of the last part of the sentence in respect to the first, gives the impression of meaning the opposite of naughty. And it seems like the B is just Yamada referring to herself in general. It could be her bust size or blood type, but it is at least certain that the B is meant to be a reference to the character Yamada in some way. The romaji "kei" means type, kind, group, or system, and considering the context that it is used I would say it means type. The romaji "gata" seems to be a phonetic variation used to soften and connect words in Japanese. So I would say that the title "B Gata H Kei" translates to "Yamada's the Naughty Type".
Feb 5, 2014 4:52 PM
Oct 2013
only watched a few episodes of this series and it was stupid funny.

however concerning the title 'B Gata H Kei' from most translation they say it is
type B style H concerning what Yamada is looking for my guess is
B = boy
H = horny

considering she is looking for a virgin boy for her first. jus putting this one out there as noone else suggested it
Mar 30, 2016 8:31 AM
Mar 2016
After reading all the comments so far, one obvious interpretation not mentioned by anybody is contained in the title of the 11th episode, "Year 2 Class H`s Christmas Eve!" and on the signs above the door to Yamada's homeroom at school, which appear at various points in the show. The characters of the show are all in "B Class" (second year HS students) and "H Group" (homeroom H).

That said, it is also obvious that the title is intended by the mangaka as a very profound pun, with multiple layers of meaning. So, all the other interpretations offered in this thread are right too.
Oct 14, 2016 4:45 AM

Oct 2016
Yamada really really wanted a lot of cocks. So cute, but bad.. why?(╥_╥)
Jun 4, 2017 1:16 AM
Jun 2017
B Gata H Kei is just a very humorous way of saying the coolest b-cup chick is ready for sex.

The B is a reference to the main character Yamada's bust size, Gata is a Romanian term for ready, the H is just an abbreviation for the word Hentai, H kei normally has to do with the word ecchi, a Japanese word for sex, and Kei is a Japanese female name, short for Keiko which can be translated to the coolest chick in the world.

On the side note most of the fun is in the k of kei since if you put two v together it will make a k which the manga author Yoko Sanri make a reference to at the end of the manga when Kosuda mention that he is in k university.
Silver00Jun 4, 2017 1:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jun 17, 2010

305 by Inexplicable »»
Apr 8, 7:11 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jun 10, 2010

128 by Pedro_Rosa »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2010

348 by Vikill »»
Sep 6, 2023 5:39 PM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

chalco - Jun 3, 2010

106 by Pitt83 »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:08 AM

Poll: » B Gata H Kei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 6, 2010

157 by Pitt83 »»
Aug 23, 2023 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.