Forum Settings
Forums
Caterpillar Girl and Bad Texter Boy
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2021 1:06 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
From odd, and somewhat interesting, to disappointing. 3/10.
The execution was awkward... and the God, Ouga's death feels like a plot hole. It's quite flawed overall.

If she got her death wish by a fulfillment of happiness by feeling hated, as a villain to be exact, which is what caused her content, how did her wishes continue to live on when she seems to imply with hope that she can save Akane as a villain...
I wonder if the shrine being destroyed would break the wishes, but regardless... Suzume realized she still loves Akane even though she lost who she was, while Akane had realized his own love for Suzume before Ouga turned on them...

Suzume's personality of being casually carefree for the most part and continuingly obsessive over Akane even though it was never shown previously was weird from her first impression.
Akane's twisted dark feelings against others including the want of having his mother dead for leaving him while refusing to take him as she basically called him useless was kinda interesting to show how cold of a person he is, but his brief change off that was poorly done.
Lack of trust to others since young from trauma of his mother is understandable, but a wish for her death, pretending to be happy hugging her back with (in hindsight) an intent to kill is ridiculous.

I guess Ouga is the most complicated character as a human turned god who granted wishes to all, including wrong to others which caused many to hate and attempt to kill her, but... her selfish death is illogical and flawed to how it succeeds.
Near the end, I was enjoying her complex origin the most and yearn for love for herself, but unfortunately her death was idiotic, and Suzume wasn't truly saved in the end since she's barely human anymore from continuing to be an embodiment of Ouga as "the most miserable thing in the world".
... This had some potential. What a shame.
Apr 7, 2022 7:06 PM

Jul 2010
It was... weird. It could be pretty wholesome or deep but there's so much going on you become kinda lost in all of this. It looks like author wanted to tell 5 different stories and kinda mashed them all together hoping it would result in something good. Well... I won't say this work is BAD, but it's very messy and could have been much better.

Also ending is somewhat anticlimactic. It lefts somewhat bad taste in your mouth and I kinda try to avoid works like that.

More topics from this board

» What?

Charliie_Brown - Apr 6, 2020

6 by ricecookie123 »»
Nov 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.