Forum Settings
Forums

To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show.

Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 20, 2021 11:40 PM

Oct 2020
1st of All SAO PROGRESSIVE isn't an unimportant movie like MHA movies,Naruto, DB or OP or Bleach movies that you can skip, it's a different show not a side story of main series. SAO PROGRESSIVE is an Important series and not linked with the main series. A beginning of a totally different show.

So every time I ask someone 'will you watch Progressive?' they say "I haven't watched the og series, it's pretty bad people say". Or "I liked till ep 14 and then dropped it so I cannot start progressive". "This movie is the remake version of Aincrad, and I don't want to watch or I will watch"... whatever. Well let me clear one thing. You should know before watching Progressive.

Q1. Can I watch SAO PROGRESSIVE without watching the og series?

Simple answer: Ofc YOU CAN. SAO progressive is a different yet the same story of Kirito and Asuna beating Aincrad. It'll be the best place to Start Both SAO LN and Anime. Although if you watch S1,S2 after watching this movie you might feel little bad as because s1 and S2 were not that great still very good and enjoyable. But I prefer watching at least 14eps of season 1 before starting this anime to gather a little interest and to know what actually SAO PROGRESSIVE is by yourself.

Q2. Is SAO PROGRESSIVE THE REMAKE OF OG SERIES?

SAO PROGRESSIVE is N-O-T the reboot or remake version of Og SAO Aincrad. It is a totally different version which will adapt a different LN series written by the same author about the same story with the same characters.You can think of it as a canon for now.

Q3. Actually what is SAO PROGRESSIVE?

SAO progressive is a LONG and Expanded version of Aincrad which explains every single floor with perfect details. It is the fleshed out version of S1ep(1-14).There will be very much more contents that were not shown in S1, there will be boss fights in each floor and not fast fights but fights takes time.

Q4. How much will the anime cover from the LN? Will it adapt everything in just one single movie?

NO. This movie "Aria on a Starless night" will adapt only the 1st floor (EP 1 AND 2 of S1, main series). The 1st volume of the LN covers 2 floors, 1st floor is titled 'Aria on a Starless night' and 2nd floor is titled 'Rondo for a Fragile Blade' which is a little longer than floor1. And this movie is gonna adapt the FIRST FLOOR ONLY

Q5. Does the characters improve? Do Kirito get some devolopments?

YES.Every important character are fleshed out especially Kirito and Asuna too.The main protagonist is very different from og series and gets some very good character devolopments although you won't find it in this movie much as it's from Asuna's PoV. The side characters gets much importance like Argo, Kizmel, Agil and many more. Also Progressive have a good romance so rejoice KiriSuna shippers.

Q6. Is it only AINCRAD? Or it contains other arcs too?

YES. SAO Progressive explains only the journey of Kirito and Asuna in the deadly world of AINCRAD. As they were trapped inside for almost 2years.There might be sub-arcs like WoU from Alicization but this whole Progressive is only AINCRAD arc imo.

Q7. Is it exactly the same as the main series?

Actually it's pretty complicated to answer. Progressive explains almost everything like the mains series but there are some changes in Progressive which had to be done otherwise there would've been some problems, like in the Main series Kirito met Asuna for the first time at the FIRST FLOOR BOSS RAID, then it was a Timeskip and they met again after almost 1½ years which is a long time. So if Progressive would've followed that, there would be NO ASUNA and NO ROMANCE so it would've changed the genre of the show. So they changed Progressive by Using Asuna from the start, means both stick together more than the og series as explained by the Author himself.

Q8. What about other girls? Will there be no Leafa, Sinon, Alice?

Unfortunately NO, sorry Sinon and Alice fans and me too as a Leafa fan, but there won't be Sinon, Leafa and Alice as because we were never introduced to them till the end of Aincrad. Also Kirito never met Sinon and Alice back then. And Leafa cries in his bed waiting for Kirito to come back. Although there will be introduction of Selica and Liz but that's waayy too far now. There will also be other girl characters like Argo and more but still it is not a harem.

Q9. Who is Mito? Is the anime different from the LN? Will it adapt the LN or manga?

Mito is an Original character in the anime who doesn't exist in the LN or in th manga. She seems like Asuna's very close friend irl. Also seems like She said Asuna to play SAO with her. She is Voiced my Inori Minase-san in Japanese version who is popularly known for playing the role of REM THE DEMON MAID. The anime will adapt the LN as because the LN is the peak of SAO and everything in the LN makes sense, character devolopments, story, romance, everything, but the manga is not that good compared to the LN. The manga have mediocre characters, devolopments and story is not that good, also Kirito's character is totally different in the manga compared to the LN. Although the manga is from ASUNA'S POV the manga isn't good. The anime will adapt the Light Novel but there are changes like Mito, Asuna's PoV etc. The anime should faithfully adapt the LN.

Hope I cleared some doubts about the show to anime-only watchers. LN readers already know about these ig. If any more questions plz ask me, I'll try my best if to answer that.
Anayan_KashyapSep 21, 2021 7:06 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2021 2:41 AM

Mar 2021
Thanks man, even for someone who has watched the full series, this was pretty helpful. Nice little article :)
Sep 21, 2021 4:07 AM

Aug 2020
Thanks this should help clarify a lot of people’s confusion

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Sep 21, 2021 4:08 AM

Oct 2020
Thanks and Welcome. No problem. 👍
Sep 21, 2021 4:21 AM

Nov 2016
so to be clear this isnt a movie where its everything from asuna's perspective is it?
Sep 21, 2021 4:40 AM

Oct 2020
HeroSoulReaperX said:
so to be clear this isnt a movie where its everything from asuna's perspective is it?
this is, but it should not be actually. Because Kirito is a better character in the Progressive Novel than Asuna, different from main series and the movie seems to cut off Kirito's devolopments which definately should not be, and people should know how good he is.
Sep 21, 2021 4:56 AM
Dec 2019
Props for the very nice OP! Explains how to place the movie quite well.

As I'm not into SAO I don't think I'm gonna watch it (was one of the people who didn't like the show from a very early point when it aired), but maybe some of the more overblown hatred towards the series (particularly later seasons, which might not even share the same problems as the first one) can be quelled.

Although I wonder: If it is not a remake or reboot but an alternate version - is it the new canonic version?
SylverthasSep 21, 2021 5:08 AM
Sep 21, 2021 5:21 AM

Feb 2020
Actually U cant skip last 2 movies of naruto either. They much more important than SAO movie.

Tbh I am having doubts about this movie whether to watch it or not, I didnt like accel world movie, neither did I like SAO s2 second half. What I am pointing out is that both are "level clearing" content. What I did like was SAO movie ordinal scale
AdampkSep 21, 2021 5:30 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 21, 2021 5:30 AM

Oct 2020
Sylverthas said:
Props for the very nice OP! Explains how to place the movie quite well.

As I'm not into SAO I don't think I'm gonna watch it (was one of the people who didn't like the show from a very early point when it aired), but maybe some of the more overblown hatred towards the series (particularly later seasons, which might not even share the same problems as the first one) can be quelled.

Although I wonder: If it is not a remake or reboot but an alternate version - is it the new canonic version?
Actually you can call it a canon as because even if you didn't like it,many people liked and enjoyed the SAO
LN series(2009) especially Aincrad arc. But it was too rushed so LN readers wanted more Aincrad also Reki felt that and he started writing SAO-P which started publishing just a few months after the debut of S1.

Take a look at this:

Btw you said you never liked SAO from the beginning means it's not Because just lack of character devolopments, fast pacing and all, is it? It's just you hate SAO and don't want to love it right? Well it's okay, but I'll be glad if you give it a try at least. It's only a 90-100 min movie.
Sep 21, 2021 5:33 AM

Oct 2020
Adampk said:
Actually U cant skip last 2 movies of naruto either. They much more important than SAO movie
Last 2 and everything have difference right. Well I didn't say everything, ofc there are some very good movies and important too that exists. For ex- SAO OS is an important movie but not that much compared to Aria. Same, no offense btw, it's just because those series holds many many movies also not much important that's why I said. Ig u understand.
Sep 21, 2021 5:40 AM

Oct 2020
Adampk said:
Actually U cant skip last 2 movies of naruto either. They much more important than SAO movie.

Tbh I am having doubts about this movie whether to watch it or not, I didnt like accel world movie, neither did I like SAO s2 second half. What I am pointing out is that both are "level clearing" content. What I did like was SAO movie ordinal scale
I liked SAO OS not as much compared to S1 tho but it was a canon, it wasn't in the LN but whatever happens in OS it becomes important in the sequel like

Same in case of some Naruto movies and OP movies, there might be some important parts too, I was talking about filler movies like in DB and HxH.

I liked S2 last 6eps, Mother's Rosario, it's no doubt a fan favourite arc. Even so you should watch this movie, a try at least. It's something new.
Sep 21, 2021 6:30 AM
Jul 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
1st of All SAO PROGRESSIVE isn't an unimportant movie like MHA movies,Naruto, DB or OP or Bleach movies that you can skip, it's a different show not a side story of main series. SAO PROGRESSIVE is an Important series and not linked with the main series. A beginning of a totally different show.

So every time I ask someone 'will you watch Progressive?' they say "I haven't watched the og series, it's pretty bad people say". Or "I liked till ep 14 and then dropped it so I cannot start progressive". "This movie is the remake version of Aincrad, and I don't want to watch or I will watch"... whatever. Well let me clear one thing. You should know before watching Progressive.

Simple answer: Ofc YOU CAN. SAO progressive is a different yet the same story of Kirito and Asuna beating Aincrad. It'll be the best place to Start Both SAO LN and Anime. Although if you watch S1,S2 after watching this movie you might feel little bad as because s1 and S2 were not that great still very good and enjoyable. But I prefer watching at least 14eps of season 1 before starting this anime to gather a little interest and to know what actually SAO PROGRESSIVE is by yourself.

SAO PROGRESSIVE is N-O-T the reboot or remake version of Og SAO Aincrad. It is a totally different version which will adapt a different LN series written by the same author about the same story with the same characters.You can think of it as a canon for now.

SAO progressive is a LONG and Expanded version of Aincrad which explains every single floor with perfect details. It is the fleshed out version of S1ep(1-14).There will be very much more contents that were not shown in S1, there will be boss fights in each floor and not fast fights but fights takes time.

Q4. Does the characters improve? Do Kirito get some devolopments?

YES.Every important character are fleshed out especially Kirito and Asuna too.The main protagonist is very different from og series and gets some very good character devolopments although you won't find it in this movie much as it's from Asuna's PoV. The side characters gets much importance like Argo, Kizmel, Agil and many more. Also Progressive have a good romance so rejoice KiriSuna shippers.

Q5. Is it only AINCRAD? Or it contains other arcs too?

YES. SAO Progressive explains only the journey of Kirito and Asuna in the deadly world of AINCRAD. As they were trapped inside for almost 2years.There might be sub-arcs like WoU from Alicization but this whole Progressive is only AINCRAD arc imo.

Q6. Is it exactly the same as the main series?

Actually it's pretty complicated to answer. Progressive explains almost everything like the mains series but there are some changes in Progressive which had to be done otherwise there would've been some problems, like in the Main series Kirito met Asuna for the first time at the FIRST FLOOR BOSS RAID, then it was a Timeskip and they met again after almost 1½ years which is a long time. So if Progressive would've followed that, there would be NO ASUNA and NO ROMANCE so it would've changed the genre of the show. So they changed Progressive by Using Asuna from the start, means both stick together more than the og series as explained by the Author himself.

Q7. What about other girls? Will there be no Leafa, Sinon, Alice?

Unfortunately NO, sorry Sinon and Alice fans and me too as a Leafa fan, but there won't be Sinon, Leafa and Alice as because we were never introduced to them till the end of Aincrad. Also Kirito never met Sinon and Alice back then. And Leafa cries in his bed waiting for Kirito to come back. Although there will be introduction of Selica and Liz but that's waayy too far now. There will also be other girl characters like Argo and more but still it is not a harem.

Q8. Who is Mito? Is the anime different from the LN? Will it adapt the LN or manga?

Mito is an Original character in the anime who doesn't exist in the LN or in th manga. She seems like Asuna's very close friend irl. Also seems like She said Asuna to play SAO with her. She is Voiced my Inori Minase-san in Japanese version who is popularly known for playing the role of REM THE DEMON MAID. The anime will adapt the LN as because the LN is the peak of SAO and everything in the LN makes sense, character devolopments, story, romance, everything, but the manga is not that good compared to the LN. The manga have mediocre characters, devolopments and story is not that good, also Kirito's character is totally different in the manga compared to the LN. Although the manga is from ASUNA'S POV the manga isn't good. The anime will adapt the Light Novel but there are changes like Mito, Asuna's PoV etc. The anime should faithfully adapt the LN.

Hope I cleared some doubts about the show to anime-only watchers. LN readers already know about these ig. If any more questions plz ask me, I'll try my best if to answer that.

Thanks man. It just as you said,the only part that I could enjoyed,barely,is s1 the first 14 ep. But the lack of information and survival thrilling make it less enjoyable for me. But I really like aincrad arc,as I started watched sao 'cause of it's survival content. I guess I can put a little hope on this movie. Though it's a shame the mc of this movie is asuna. I'm not hating her,but rather want to watch kirito as an mc one more time in aincrad. But I wonder how they will fit the info floor by floor in one movies? If it is a series,I can understand though....
Zac22Sep 21, 2021 6:35 AM
Sep 21, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2020
@Zac22 np, hope you enjoy the Progressive series.
Sep 21, 2021 6:57 AM
Dec 2019
@Anayan_Kashyap: Sounds good to me. And yeah, I guess in the past I hated SAO, now I just don't care too much about it anymore. But I saw this thread and thought that you did a good of explaining where this movie fits and wanted to express that :)

It's quite nice that the author tries to fix some things about the original. I recall he even mentioned that there are problems with the original material? And who knows, maybe I will give the movie a shot, just to compare it?
Sep 21, 2021 7:00 AM

Oct 2020
Zac22 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Q8. Who is Mito? Is the anime different from the LN? Will it adapt the LN or manga?

Thanks man. It just as you said,the only part that I could enjoyed,barely,is s1 the first 14 ep. But the lack of information and survival thrilling make it less enjoyable for me. But I really like aincrad arc,as I started watched sao 'cause of it's survival content. I guess I can put a little hope on this movie. Though it's a shame the mc of this movie is asuna. I'm not hating her,but rather want to watch kirito as an mc one more time in aincrad. But I wonder how they will fit the info floor by floor in one movies? If it is a series,I can understand though....
THIS MOVIE WILL COVER ONLY 1ST FLOOR EP1 AND 2 OF MAIN SERIES)
Sep 21, 2021 7:08 AM
Jul 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:

As an anime watcher and a lightnovel reader, I appreciate and admire your effort here bro. Great article, very well-written. Let’s hope SAO-P can make the series great again.
Stonks
Sep 21, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2020
Sylverthas said:
@Anayan_Kashyap: Sounds good to me. And yeah, I guess in the past I hated SAO, now I just don't care too much about it anymore. But I saw this thread and thought that you did a good of explaining where this movie fits and wanted to express that :)

It's quite nice that the author tries to fix some things about the original. I recall he even mentioned that there are problems with the original material? And who knows, maybe I will give the movie a shot, just to compare it?
That would be a very good reason to watch the movie, if you care at least a little then you should watch it to compare the og series' limitations. Thanks for taking out sometime to read this post. I Appreciate your efforts.
Sep 21, 2021 10:48 AM

Dec 2020
That's ok, all that matters is I see Kirito and Asuna together for more time
A question, I know SAO-P has a lot of volumes, what would be your guess on how many volumes are adapted and will there be a series, coz SAO is better in series(it'll help adapt more volumes)

Sep 21, 2021 10:53 AM

Dec 2020
One more question, the original SAO is still being published right? Will there be another anime season(of original SAO) since I can't buy LN

Sep 21, 2021 11:02 AM

Jul 2020
Another question:Did the original SAO just adapted the Light novel wrong or was the original Light Novel wrong?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 21, 2021 5:55 PM

Oct 2020
FakeNeko said:
That's ok, all that matters is I see Kirito and Asuna together for more time
A question, I know SAO-P has a lot of volumes, what would be your guess on how many volumes are adapted and will there be a series, coz SAO is better in series(it'll help adapt more volumes)
No not a lot of.... SAO-P has 8 volumes currently till floor 7. So there is not much to adapt although it can be like 36-40eps.

I don't think it'll be a movie series although I cannot say clearly as because I don't know it either. All we know is that this movie will cover floor 1.
Sep 21, 2021 5:57 PM

Oct 2020
FakeNeko said:
One more question, the original SAO is still being published right? Will there be another anime season(of original SAO) since I can't buy LN
OFC there is another major arc after the end of Alicization, one is MOON CRADLE (side story of 2vol), and UNITAL Ring (currently publishing, it might be S4). SAO is not ended yet, it'll take time.
Sep 21, 2021 6:06 PM

Oct 2020
Scordolo said:
Another question:Did the original SAO just adapted the Light novel wrong or was the original Light Novel wrong?
The SAO Anime adapted the original SAO LN published in 2009, the anime was not wrong, LN was short SAO literally adapted 14eps just from 1 volumes although some eps are from vol 2, so you have you thanks A-1.

There are 2 main LN series of SAO.

SWORD ART ONLINE (2009) MAIN SERIES.
Main series including all the arcs you've watched till date, but the anime didn't adapt some big stories where Kirito's devolopments were hidden. From Aincrad to Alicization now Unital Ring.

SWORD ART ONLINE PROGRESSIVE (2012) SAO-P series. Only AINCRAD.
Sep 21, 2021 9:27 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
HeroSoulReaperX said:
this is, but it should not be actually. Because Kirito is a better character in the Progressive Novel than Asuna, different from main series and the movie seems to cut off Kirito's devolopments which definately should not be, and people should know how good he is.
What makes you think Asuna is bad characters than Kirito,Both of them have a good character development in progressive, it's not only Kirito and it's not only about him as well. It is a story of Kirito and Asuna although pov are Kirito. Just to make it look one better making another bad I didn't like that sentiment. We already had Kirito Pov in season 1 so this movie is totally centred on Asuna and people will love that change so there is nothing. You gotta give some credit for main heroine as well you know.I do appreciate your effort of explaining what SAO progressive is and yeah people should really watch this movie. Mischaracterising Asuna is no good though.
Sep 21, 2021 9:33 PM

Oct 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
What makes you think Asuna is bad characters than Kirito,Both of them have a good character development in progressive, it's not only Kirito and it's not only about him as well. It is a story of Kirito and Asuna although pov are Kirito. Just to make it look one better making another bad I didn't like that sentiment. We already had Kirito Pov in season 1 so this movie is totally centred on Asuna and people will love that change so there is nothing. You gotta give some credit for main heroine as well you know.I do appreciate your effort of explaining what SAO progressive is and yeah people should really watch this movie. Mischaracterising Asuna is no good though.
No I never said Asuna is a bad character, she is considered to be a better character than Kirito but in the Progressive Novels Kirito have got better devolopment than Asuna,I never said it's ONLY Kirito's story. It's Kirito and Asuna's story, ofc we have Asuna's PoV too like in ch2 of progressive volume 1 and ofc they have to show about her too, but they should not alter the story by only focusing on Asuna and as Asuna is not the protagonist they should give more importance to Kirito than her, that's what I'm saying. Asuna needs Importance and she is getting in this movie, but Kirito needs more importance as a Protagonist and also people should know that his character is good too.
Sep 21, 2021 10:04 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
No I never said Asuna is a bad character, she is considered to be a better character than Kirito but in the Progressive Novels Kirito have got better devolopment than Asuna,I never said it's ONLY Kirito's story. It's Kirito and Asuna's story, ofc we have Asuna's PoV too like in ch2 of progressive volume 1 and ofc they have to show about her too, but they should not alter the story by only focusing on Asuna and as Asuna is not the protagonist they should give more importance to Kirito than her, that's what I'm saying. Asuna needs Importance and she is getting in this movie, but Kirito needs more importance as a Protagonist and also people should know that his character is good too.
I hope you have read all of the progressive volumes that has been published in English so far. This is her movie showing about how she got trapped in game which we had never seen either in SAO main anime or any novels before. We already know about how Kirito got trapped and his backstory in both LN and Anime. Asuna is also a protagonist so she also needs equal importance as Kirito excluding any bias and Progressive delivers that. You do know how people were unhappy when Asuna was sidelined in GGO so this is her time to shine. It just you were giving wrong impression saying Asuna characters was not good as Kirito when Progressive fleshed her character so perfectly and you said it after going that length explaining what Progressive is.Also, it doesn't sound perfect when this movie is about her. In LN, Kirito acts mischief sometimes and Asuna is shown bit matured after overcoming her trauma.Given that there is no better than other and matter of fact is both of them are written equally well. Also 4th volume of SAO progressive is mostly from Asuna pov and how she feels while being with Kirito.
Sep 21, 2021 11:09 PM

Oct 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I hope you have read all of the progressive volumes that has been published in English so far. This is her movie showing about how she got trapped in game which we had never seen either in SAO main anime or any novels before. We already know about how Kirito got trapped and his backstory in both LN and Anime. Asuna is also a protagonist so she also needs equal importance as Kirito excluding any bias and Progressive delivers that. You do know how people were unhappy when Asuna was sidelined in GGO so this is her time to shine. It just you were giving wrong impression saying Asuna characters was not good as Kirito when Progressive fleshed her character so perfectly and you said it after going that length explaining what Progressive is.Also, it doesn't sound perfect when this movie is about her. In LN, Kirito acts mischief sometimes and Asuna is shown bit matured after overcoming her trauma.Given that there is no better than other and matter of fact is both of them are written equally well. Also 4th volume of SAO progressive is mostly from Asuna pov and how she feels while being with Kirito.
Have you read the Manga? I said that because the Manga is from Asuna's PoV, and the characters were total trash tier. Kirito was like a hentai protangonist and Asuna was just like a normie side character. Fyi Asuna was never the protagonist of SAO, sheis the deuteragonist of the series, the 2nd main character. Kirito narrates the story both in the main and Progressive novels if you've read then you know. Asuna got her character fleshed out so did Kirito but imo Asuna didn't change much compared to the first 14eps of the main series, whereas Kirito's character is changed more. Also you are right, the anime should give equal importance to both but it would be wrong if this movie only focuses on Asuna. I wanted this movie not to change anything but it did change and added some more Asuna backstory which I actually liked tho...but if the story if fully from Asuna's PoV and turned out like the manga i don't think it'll be good
Sep 22, 2021 12:08 AM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Have you read the Manga? I said that because the Manga is from Asuna's PoV, and the characters were total trash tier. Kirito was like a hentai protangonist and Asuna was just like a normie side character. Fyi Asuna was never the protagonist of SAO, sheis the deuteragonist of the series, the 2nd main character. Kirito narrates the story both in the main and Progressive novels if you've read then you know. Asuna got her character fleshed out so did Kirito but imo Asuna didn't change much compared to the first 14eps of the main series, whereas Kirito's character is changed more. Also you are right, the anime should give equal importance to both but it would be wrong if this movie only focuses on Asuna. I wanted this movie not to change anything but it did change and added some more Asuna backstory which I actually liked tho...but if the story if fully from Asuna's PoV and turned out like the manga i don't think it'll be good
Manga is not canon, Movie is adapted from LN not manga. All progressive manga aren't hentai especially Kimura but contains fan service plenty and also digressed from LN. Movie took bit of scene from his manga but it is still from LN.Changes are there because this movie sole focus is Asuna and it is to fill void.Besides that, movie didn't change anything, everything in LN is in movie.If people want to watch about Kirito backstory than they can go to SAO which is clearly shown with his reason behind being game nerds. Also common change of pace doesn't harm because we already have too much Kirito. That is why they made this movie totally focusing on Asuna and people are enjoying it especially those who watched pre screening. Future project will be definitely on Kirito and Asuna both since they would party together.

Mito is only there to give Asuna depth and I probably think she will die. So nothing will be changed. If you read the LN than you will find how much Asuna is changed and how enjoyable her dynamics is with Kirito. Asuna is a protagonist too but I never said a main protagonist which is Kirito well she is a main heroine of entire SAO. I just don't like you derailing Asuna.
Sep 22, 2021 4:57 PM
Jul 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Manga is not canon, Movie is adapted from LN not manga. All progressive manga aren't hentai especially Kimura but contains fan service plenty and also digressed from LN. Movie took bit of scene from his manga but it is still from LN.Changes are there because this movie sole focus is Asuna and it is to fill void.Besides that, movie didn't change anything, everything in LN is in movie.If people want to watch about Kirito backstory than they can go to SAO which is clearly shown with his reason behind being game nerds. Also common change of pace doesn't harm because we already have too much Kirito. That is why they made this movie totally focusing on Asuna and people are enjoying it especially those who watched pre screening. Future project will be definitely on Kirito and Asuna both since they would party together.

Mito is only there to give Asuna depth and I probably think she will die. So nothing will be changed. If you read the LN than you will find how much Asuna is changed and how enjoyable her dynamics is with Kirito. Asuna is a protagonist too but I never said a main protagonist which is Kirito well she is a main heroine of entire SAO. I just don't like you derailing Asuna.

So you're just asuna hardcore fan. I mean,that guy doesn't even say asuna is bad,just saying that kirito is better. Btw,I want to see kirito to be mc once more,because we barely see any development for him in s1. Just my oponion,pls don't attack me.
Sep 22, 2021 5:09 PM

Oct 2020
@Zac22 stop replying to him, I don't think he understood whatever I said, it'll only result in unnecessary war, so I stopped replying too. It's a waste of time to argue on such a topic.
Sep 22, 2021 7:12 PM
Feb 2021
Zac22 said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:

So you're just asuna hardcore fan. I mean,that guy doesn't even say asuna is bad,just saying that kirito is better. Btw,I want to see kirito to be mc once more,because we barely see any development for him in s1. Just my oponion,pls don't attack me.
No, no I am not attacking. I am trying to say Asuna and Kirito both are equally great in terms of their development if you read the progressive volumes all the way. In fact their relationship is swiftly portrayed and Kirito becomes so comedic sometimes. Also, Each to their own I want to see Asuna being cental for once since it's always been a Kirito. We never got to know what was Asuna before, her backstory and how she joined the game so this movie is the perfect platform.Besides anime already showed why Kirito joined the game and we already have Kirito lot. After this movie, their role will be split since LN is still from Kirito perspective and he is the main protagonist of overall series and Asuna is just main heroine sometimes she even got sidelined which is kind of a frustrating in main series. I like both of them.
Abysmal_Saint76Sep 22, 2021 7:24 PM
Sep 22, 2021 7:20 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
@Zac22 stop replying to him, I don't think he understood whatever I said, it'll only result in unnecessary war, so I stopped replying too. It's a waste of time to argue on such a topic.
So you really think I was doing a war with you. I was just disagreeing with you when you said Kirito is far better than Asuna in progressive. My point was both of them are better in progressive, Kirito is not the only one. Also the purpose of series is to depict their relationship and how they cleared the game so there is no favouritism to only one. Sorry, if I hurt your feelings.
Sep 22, 2021 7:45 PM

Oct 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
So you really think I was doing a war with you. I was just disagreeing with you when you said Kirito is far better than Asuna in progressive. My point was both of them are better in progressive, Kirito is not the only one. Also the purpose of series is to depict their relationship and how they cleared the game so there is no favouritism to only one. Sorry, if I hurt your feelings.
When did I say Kirito is Far better or Asuna have very bad character devolopment compared to him?? Don't make stories yourself. At first I said The movie should not alter the story by only focusing on Asuna which will cut off Kirito's Devolopments and those people who don't like the show but will give this movie a try won't be satisfied with Kirito. I never said Asuna is bad or Kirito is far better. Don't make a fuss without reading my replies. Yes I have to say Kirito have a little better devolopment than Asuna so I felt as the story focuses on him and side story quests are also focused on him too.
Sep 22, 2021 8:10 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
When did I say Kirito is Far better or Asuna have very bad character devolopment compared to him?? Don't make stories yourself. At first I said The movie should not alter the story by only focusing on Asuna which will cut off Kirito's Devolopments and those people who don't like the show but will give this movie a try won't be satisfied with Kirito. I never said Asuna is bad or Kirito is far better. Don't make a fuss without reading my replies. Yes I have to say Kirito have a little better devolopment than Asuna so I felt as the story focuses on him and side story quests are also focused on him too.
I didn't make the story. If you go back you will find yourself saying Kirito is better than Asuna. You also said Asuna doesn't have development in Progressive and she was the same. I hope you have read the Progressive LN before saying that. Matter of fact is they equate to each of their development like how Asuna was suicidal before and Kirito socially awkward. Also progressive LN doesn't have side quest focusing on Kirito only, they are together all the time working hand in hand even some case bathing and sleeping together😊 Also people are happy with movie revolving around Asuna because they already had whole SAO as from Kirito Pov even by sidelining Asuna a lot. You can rest assure since future project will again come back to revolve around Kirito, "HERO OF THE SAO" also minor spoiler people should not expect much of Kirito in this movie. He doesn't appear until 3/4 of the scene from what I heard. The movie is full Asuna story. Hope it helps.
Sep 22, 2021 9:19 PM

Oct 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I didn't make the story. If you go back you will find yourself saying Kirito is better than Asuna. You also said Asuna doesn't have development in Progressive and she was the same. I hope you have read the Progressive LN before saying that. Matter of fact is they equate to each of their development like how Asuna was suicidal before and Kirito socially awkward. Also progressive LN doesn't have side quest focusing on Kirito only, they are together all the time working hand in hand even some case bathing and sleeping together😊 Also people are happy with movie revolving around Asuna because they already had whole SAO as from Kirito Pov even by sidelining Asuna a lot. You can rest assure since future project will again come back to revolve around Kirito, "HERO OF THE SAO" also minor spoiler people should not expect much of Kirito in this movie. He doesn't appear until 3/4 of the scene from what I heard. The movie is full Asuna story. Hope it helps.
You are still babbling the same thing. I said Kirito is better than Asuna but not wayy better that makes Asuna's character bad. I didn't say Asuna have no devolopment in Progressive, what I said is that Asuna's personality was the same in Progressive as the main series but Kirito is a little clumsy one sometimes but in the main series he was cold hearted.It had nothing to do with devolopments and you just added any word you like. Yes it have minor quests such as Kirito getting the martial art skills, ig you know that.
Hope it helps you to understand what I was saying from the beginning, and you changing the story from 'The movie should not cut off Kirito's devolopments to show Asuna' to 'Asuna is worse character than Kirito'. Yes I said Kirito is better as because I felt that but I never said Asuna is very bad compared to Kirito or they should only show Kirito and Sideline Asuna all the time.
Sep 22, 2021 9:45 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
You are still babbling the same thing. I said Kirito is better than Asuna but not wayy better that makes Asuna's character bad. I didn't say Asuna have no devolopment in Progressive, what I said is that Asuna's personality was the same in Progressive as the main series but Kirito is a little clumsy one sometimes but in the main series he was cold hearted.It had nothing to do with devolopments and you just added any word you like. Yes it have minor quests such as Kirito getting the martial art skills, ig you know that.
Hope it helps you to understand what I was saying from the beginning, and you changing the story from 'The movie should not cut off Kirito's devolopments to show Asuna' to 'Asuna is worse character than Kirito'. Yes I said Kirito is better as because I felt that but I never said Asuna is very bad compared to Kirito or they should only show Kirito and Sideline Asuna all the time.
I am not blabbering but I will agree with you. Both of them are the best and Progressive Asuna is very fleshed because we didn't know much about Asuna in Main LN, all we know was she falling in love with Kirito.Not being rude just asking didn't we already have Kirito development in main anime and LN? Since people already know of the Kirito story and make something new, Kawahara and A-1 decided to make movie different and make it from Asuna pov so it will be something fresh. If they started with Kirito again, it will be repetitive of same scene again which fan will probably not like. Change was required so they went with Asuna this time. Also, Asuna has been sidelined a lot, she deserved the sole recognition without revolving around Kirito this time. Also my question, have you read all Progressive LN, just asking?
Sep 22, 2021 9:52 PM

Oct 2020
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I am not blabbering but I will agree with you. Both of them are the best and Progressive Asuna is very fleshed because we didn't know much about Asuna in Main LN, all we know was she falling in love with Kirito.Not being rude just asking didn't we already have Kirito development in main anime and LN? Since people already know of the Kirito story and make something new, Kawahara and A-1 decided to make movie different and make it from Asuna pov so it will be something fresh. If they started with Kirito again, it will be repetitive of same scene again which fan will probably not like. Change was required so they went with Asuna this time. Also, Asuna has been sidelined a lot, she deserved the sole recognition without revolving around Kirito this time. Also my question, have you read all Progressive LN, just asking?
only till 5 I've read, I'm reading Unital ring and I also have to buy Kiss and Fly so I couldn't buy vol 6 of progressive yet
Sep 22, 2021 10:04 PM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
only till 5 I've read, I'm reading Unital ring and I also have to buy Kiss and Fly so I couldn't buy vol 6 of progressive yet
You can read from Kindle both of them, they are cheap as well digitally,
Sep 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Oct 2020
[/quote] I wish I could do that but I want to buy them physically and add it to my collection. Anyways thanks.
Oct 29, 2021 4:48 PM
Jan 2020
Um, the LNs are deffo canon, it’s not a different time-line or anything, it’s essentially a backfill, but with the anime only additions, not too sure about this movie in terms of canonity, but given Eiji and Yuna are also canon, I don’t doubt Reki will try to make Mito canon somewhere
Oct 30, 2021 3:53 AM
Jun 2021
Arigato.Your explanation was awesome, more excited to watch the movie.
Dec 10, 2021 12:06 AM

Sep 2015
I understand that new viewers can watch it just fine, but is there any point if you've already seen the series?
Dec 10, 2021 12:27 AM

Jul 2016
Geel said:
I understand that new viewers can watch it just fine, but is there any point if you've already seen the series?
yes, for nostalgia and remade of episode 2 of SAO S1, I guess. Source,anime onlies can enjoyed it. And its good entry for first time watchers too

Dec 10, 2021 1:28 AM

Sep 2015
chriskor022 said:
yes, for nostalgia and remade of episode 2 of SAO S1, I guess. Source,anime onlies can enjoyed it. And its good entry for first time watchers too

Well, I only recently watched the first season, so it can't really be nostalgic for me, but I'll probably watch it eventually anyways.
Dec 10, 2021 4:02 AM

Jul 2016
Geel said:
chriskor022 said:

Well, I only recently watched the first season, so it can't really be nostalgic for me, but I'll probably watch it eventually anyways.
yea for blu ray release whi ch comes 6-8months. So plenty of time to be nostalgic about SAO.

Dec 10, 2021 11:03 AM

May 2020
Thanks for your effort in putting this thread here :)
Now I have a better understanding of SAO Progressive now.
Jan 3, 2022 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
Anayan_Kashyap said:

Q4. How much will the anime cover from the LN? Will it adapt everything in just one single movie?

NO. This movie "Aria on a Starless night" will adapt only the 1st floor (EP 1 AND 2 of S1, main series). The 1st volume of the LN covers 2 floors, 1st floor is titled 'Aria on a Starless night' and 2nd floor is titled 'Rondo for a Fragile Blade' which is a little longer than floor1. And this movie is gonna adapt the FIRST FLOOR ONLY

Q5. Does the characters improve? Do Kirito get some devolopments?

Q6. Is it only AINCRAD? Or it contains other arcs too?

Q7. Is it exactly the same as the main series?

Q8. What about other girls? Will there be no Leafa, Sinon, Alice?

Q9. Who is Mito? Is the anime different from the LN? Will it adapt the LN or manga?

Thanks for the explanation. This really gave me more insight about the show. I'm just wondering what to do after this movie. I have heard the second movie will be on floor 5. There is an reason for that but what about floor 2? Will you watch the second movie or is it maybe better to wait some time and eventually more movies? What is your look at the future expansion for this progressive movies/series?
Jul 9, 2022 5:01 AM
Oct 2016
Thank you for the help :)
Dec 14, 2022 11:39 AM
Jun 2021
So, it's a alternative story NOT connected to the main story. I.e alternative universe?
Dec 21, 2022 11:23 PM
Apr 2022
Bro just say how much aniplex pays you to advertise sao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

254 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 28, 5:25 AM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» Dub??

removed-user - Jul 14, 2022

9 by removed-user »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.