Sep 2021
mightytm said:
You need to get some help my guyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Are you talking about yourself?
Sep 23, 2021 3:56 AM

Oct 2015
BlueJay_Tee said:
TahinaNara said:
I used to like Levi until his character was useful after certain moment he became useless and repetitive what he does fidget spinning around and yes his fans are so loud that it's annoying to see them saying how he should've been the protagonist

It is sad when characters are left alive for popularity reasons... but aot tends to be influenced by that considering how much the ending suffered from fanservice to please another character fanbase sharing the same surname

I don't think the thunderspear should have happened at all. It achieved nothing. If Levi were to die, it should have been a heroic sacrifice, like Erwin.

would have been a bitter death, would hit emotional pretty hard tbh and would fit the tone of aot... ofc before aot became peak comedy
Sep 23, 2021 4:15 AM
Jul 2018
I don't like him because of his fangirls and what he did in the manga
Sep 23, 2021 5:50 AM

Jan 2020
levi is pretty good character lmao
people just see him as a badass character
but he pretty well written and have character depth
those who don't understand character complexity hate him
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Sep 23, 2021 5:52 AM
Jan 2021
I don't like him because of his fangirls and what he did in the manga
what did you hate?
Sep 23, 2021 6:23 AM

Aug 2020
People hate him? He's ranked number 2 in character popularity

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

Sep 23, 2021 9:47 AM
Aug 2013
He's not a bad character, but I wouldn't call him a well written character either. Didn't get much character development even with the backstory and he's too edgy, basically a male tsundere but he gets points for being badass and OP. Being edgy is not really seen as a likable trait, in fact you're not even supposed to like Levi he's supposed to be that edge lord guy who just does badass things and disappears often doesn't get emotions involved and doesn't think about others just does the job he has to.
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 23, 2021 10:40 AM
Sep 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
He's not a bad character, but I wouldn't call him a well written character either. Didn't get much character development even with the backstory and he's too edgy, basically a male tsundere but he gets points for being badass and OP. Being edgy is not really seen as a likable trait, in fact you're not even supposed to like Levi he's supposed to be that edge lord guy who just does badass things and disappears often doesn't get emotions involved and doesn't think about others just does the job he has to.

Levi is more of a kuudere than a tsundere. And I think what's great about him is that he doesn't work on his goals. He works for other people's goals and helps them achieve them. He's more of an influential figure than a developmental figure. Isayama called him the light of hope in a dark world. I think that's what he said anyway. Saying "you're not supposed to like Levi" isn't that how his development comes about? You don't like Jean at first either because of his arrogance but then you later warm up to him as he changes his perspective. Same goes for Levi. He doesn't think about others? Wow, how wrong can you be? He's one of the most selfless characters in the entire series. Now this was confirmed by Isayama. Levi is actually the most emotional character in all of Attack on Titan.
BlueJay_TeeSep 23, 2021 10:47 AM
Sep 23, 2021 9:01 PM
Aug 2013
BlueJay_Tee said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

Levi is more of a kuudere than a tsundere. And I think what's great about him is that he doesn't work on his goals. He works for other people's goals and helps them achieve them. He's more of an influential figure than a developmental figure. Isayama called him the light of hope in a dark world. I think that's what he said anyway. Saying "you're not supposed to like Levi" isn't that how his development comes about? You don't like Jean at first either because of his arrogance but then you later warm up to him as he changes his perspective. Same goes for Levi. He doesn't think about others? Wow, how wrong can you be? He's one of the most selfless characters in the entire series. Now this was confirmed by Isayama. Levi is actually the most emotional character in all of Attack on Titan.

~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 23, 2021 10:56 PM
Sep 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
BlueJay_Tee said:

Where did you get these ludicrous theories from? It's obvious you made that up. Levi did not go killing innocent people. That is complete crap. Eren ended up killing people in order to stop the rumbling and to go against the alliance to save his homeland. Levi was more interested in destroying Zeke's plan than killing innocent people. Give me evidence where he murdered loads of innocent people because he didn't. And saying he doesn't care about people's emotions, not true either.

He ended up saving Armin because of emotional empathy, which is what Floch pointed out. His original intention was to save Erwin. The best solution would have been to share the syringe for both of them. Why they didn't think of that I will never know. You are literally stating the complete opposite of what Levi was trying to do and you're also going against everything Isayama said about him aswell. I think I will quote you on this on another topic and see what other people think.
BlueJay_TeeSep 24, 2021 1:21 AM
Sep 24, 2021 2:19 PM
Jul 2021
BlueJay_Tee said:
Apart from him being overrated, why else do people hate him and write him off? I also really don't get why hating a character because of the hype is a justified reason, because I don't think it is. If you hate a character, it should be because of the way they're written or their motives or their personality. It should not be because of the fans because they do not impact the character. Very, very rarely do I see anyone mentioning or complaining about how Levi is written. It's all about the hype he gets.

I've seen people say he has no development and no depth. This is not true. He had his own character route in the first half of Season 3, which was also a major highlight. You don't have a character route if you're not going to develop or even learn something. Levi's case is no different.

Granted, he's not as well written as Eren, Erwin, Reiner and Zeke but he's still a really strong and complex character. He largely contributes to the story. His backstory is important to the narrative yet people are brushing that off.

Is there a valid reason as to why he's so hated? With Eren and Mikasa, at least people give logical answers. With Levi, they don't. And I'd like to know why.
I've only ever heard overwhelming love for him . I think you're just talking about ppl being contrarians just because they wanna be .
Oct 22, 2021 5:42 AM

Apr 2019
aktiwkunn said:
I started hating him when he beat Eren in court and didn't even apologize later.
Also his lack of concern for his comrades' deaths also pisses me off

LOL Levi saved Eren's life at that time. If it weren't for him and Erwin, Eren would have been sniffing the flowers from below in the first season. Anyway, someone was always saving his ass, if not Levi it ​​was Erwin and Mikasa

Oct 22, 2021 5:45 AM

Apr 2019
It pains me that people don't see his true character. Under the shell of a stiff and cold captain, we have one of the most emotional characters in the series. But people rather than notice it, prefer to throw shit on him

People forget that compared to other characters who had a fairly normal childhood and at least had the opportunity to eat a normal meal or meet their family, levi was surrounded by death, dirt and poverty from an early age. Later, he lost his best friends and soldiers each time. His cold nature is not just outside, but a form of defense against suffering. After what he experienced, I am impressed that he can still hold on somehow.

Jollyne7Oct 22, 2021 6:19 AM
Oct 22, 2021 11:19 PM

Nov 2019
I like Levi but I can see why people dislike him as both he and Mikasa had the unique trait of being strong as hell which overrrides most of what their actual character. I disagree with this to an extent for Levi but not at all for Mikasa
Oct 23, 2021 2:41 PM
Jan 2021
It pains me that people don't see his true character. Under the shell of a stiff and cold captain, we have one of the most emotional characters in the series. But people rather than notice it, prefer to throw shit on him

People forget that compared to other characters who had a fairly normal childhood and at least had the opportunity to eat a normal meal or meet their family, levi was surrounded by death, dirt and poverty from an early age. Later, he lost his best friends and soldiers each time. His cold nature is not just outside, but a form of defense against suffering. After what he experienced, I am impressed that he can still hold on somehow.

Shortly after he was born, he lost his mother, lost 2 of his closest friends, then lost his old team, then lost his uncle, then lost his commander, then was seriously injured, then lost the hanger. The last time he kept his promise to erwine and devoted his heart to humanity for the last time.

Levi is one of the best written characters in the anime world.
Oct 23, 2021 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
He's not hated his fans are hated cause they are the worst fan community ever aka the little levi fan girls.Levi is overrated in terms of strength,writing and even looking.
Oct 23, 2021 10:34 PM

Jul 2021
he so overated af no character development no personality ect. he has nothing to him but looks and being a bad ass. and no way in hell is he hated the amount of people that simp for him and suck off his character are un countable

Mar 13, 2022 3:22 AM
Mar 2022
_spoon_ said:
he so overated af no character development no personality ect. he has nothing to him but looks and being a bad ass. and no way in hell is he hated the amount of people that simp for him and suck off his character are un countable

Why don't you go at look at some of the other posts on MAL ranting about Levi's popularity or the posts on Tumblr writing him off? On the AOT Facebook page, Eren fans are constantly slagging him off and you say he's not hated? Have you been walking around with your eyes shut? And yes, he has way more fans than haters but that does not cover up the excuse that he's still a hated character and most of it is for no reason. And Overrated does NOT mean a character is terribly written, which is clearly what you're implying. If that's the case then Itachi is badly written because people find him overrated. And also, why do you have Levi>Eren in your Unpopular Opinions considering how much you are badmouthing him?
Mar 13, 2022 3:22 AM
Mar 2022
_spoon_ said:

He's not hated? Why don't you go at look at some of the other posts on MAL ranting about Levi's popularity or the posts on Tumblr writing him off? On the AOT Facebook page, Eren fans are constantly slagging him off and you say he's not hated? Have you been walking around with your eyes shut? And yes, he has way more fans than haters but that does not cover up the excuse that he's still a hated character and most of it is for no reason. And Overrated does NOT mean a character is terribly written, which is clearly what you're implying. If that's the case then Itachi is badly written because people find him overrated. And also, why do you have Levi>Eren in your Unpopular Opinions considering how much you are badmouthing him?
DeerInWinterMar 13, 2022 3:46 AM
Mar 13, 2022 3:45 AM
Mar 2022
DarkRxse333 said:
He is: overrated, cool and edgy to the point that it's annoying, boring character, no personality and overall pretty bad written.

He's not overrated at all in the highly controversial AOT Fans group on Facebook. People are always slagging him off and praising Eren. I've witnessed this so I know what I'm saying. They're always mocking his condition, saying he's useless and a trash character and did nothing. Hell, they even dismiss everything Levi did in Season 3. Personally I think Eren fans are the ones that are completely ruining the whole community of the fandom. They can never give other characters a break. They always have to badmouth them just because they think Eren is superior.
DeerInWinterMar 13, 2022 3:50 AM
May 14, 2022 10:50 PM

Jul 2021
A lot of people seem to think he is only popular because of his looks, that's why.

May 23, 2022 6:21 PM

Feb 2022
No love levi-kun!
Jun 15, 2022 6:01 AM
Jan 2021
BlueJay_Tee said:
Apart from him being overrated, why else do people hate him and write him off? I also really don't get why hating a character because of the hype is a justified reason, because I don't think it is. If you hate a character, it should be because of the way they're written or their motives or their personality. It should not be because of the fans because they do not impact the character. Very, very rarely do I see anyone mentioning or complaining about how Levi is written. It's all about the hype he gets.

I've seen people say he has no development and no depth. This is not true. He had his own character route in the first half of Season 3, which was also a major highlight. You don't have a character route if you're not going to develop or even learn something. Levi's case is no different.

Granted, he's not as well written as Eren, Erwin, Reiner and Zeke but he's still a really strong and complex character. He largely contributes to the story. His backstory is important to the narrative yet people are brushing that off.

Is there a valid reason as to why he's so hated? With Eren and Mikasa, at least people give logical answers. With Levi, they don't. And I'd like to know why.
I wanna know who hates levi?
Jun 16, 2022 8:39 AM
May 2022
Perfect_username said:
Compared to any other anime characters Levi is hella basic. But I dont think Levi really deserves the hate he gets. Mikasa on the other hand deserves all the hate
deserves?? Bro you ok?
Jun 16, 2022 8:50 AM

Jan 2021
SkylarAckerman said:
Perfect_username said:
Compared to any other anime characters Levi is hella basic. But I dont think Levi really deserves the hate he gets. Mikasa on the other hand deserves all the hate
deserves?? Bro you ok?

Bruh this thread is active half a year later. But yeah I hate Mikasa still
Jun 16, 2022 9:24 AM
May 2022
Perfect_username said:
SkylarAckerman said:
deserves?? Bro you ok?

yeah I know. It has been long. But why? This is my question
Jun 16, 2022 9:25 AM

Jan 2020
rVulp1x said:
He’s a boring character with no interesting character development.

Maybe because he's an adult and had his "character development" before the series even started.
Not everyone need to change or have an arc, despite 99% of shonen anime doing that for the sake of fanservice.
Jun 16, 2022 9:49 AM

Jan 2021
SkylarAckerman said:
Perfect_username said:

She has little to no development and is only a plot device for Eren.
Jun 16, 2022 9:56 AM
May 2022
Perfect_username said:
SkylarAckerman said:

well not really. She grew from being obsessed over her to killing him. And isn't everyone plot device for eren? Well whatever
Jun 16, 2022 10:14 AM
Jan 2021
rVulp1x said:
He’s a boring character with no interesting character development.

Maybe because he's an adult and had his "character development" before the series even started.
Not everyone need to change or have an arc, despite 99% of shonen anime doing that for the sake of fanservice.
There are already 5 well-written characters in Attack on titan; Erwin, Reiner, Zeke, Eren and Levi. Others are empty.
Jun 16, 2022 10:17 AM

Jan 2021
SkylarAckerman said:
Perfect_username said:

well not really. She grew from being obsessed over her to killing him. And isn't everyone plot device for eren? Well whatever

Yeah everyone is a plot device for Eren but atleast they have some character development and can stand on their own unlike Mikasa repeating the same word

She has the weakest character development in Aot.
Jun 16, 2022 10:34 AM
May 2022
Perfect_username said:
SkylarAckerman said:

Yeah everyone is a plot device for Eren but atleast they have some character development and can stand on their own unlike Mikasa repeating the same word

She has the weakest character development in Aot.
well I disagree. Sasha has weakest. Then next historia then Mikasa, Gabi and top notch is ymir lesbo for Me
Jun 16, 2022 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
There are many different reasons why people hate him, but the most common reason seems to be because he’s just too popular. Some people just instantly get turned off by popularity.
Jun 25, 2022 6:49 PM
Jul 2021
Wait what Levi is hated
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.