Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 3, 2021 10:43 PM

Jan 2020
It makes me wonder if this will really be the last season it doesn't seem like it'll be ending any time soon with the way it's moving.

It feels like I'm rewatching gou rather than watching a new season. The rika dance scene has been used so many times lmao

Sep 3, 2021 11:40 PM

May 2020
Maybe it'll be 24 eps? That seems to be reasonable.

But I can already feel series fatigue setting in for viewers.

These 11 EPs have to be some of the most wasteful anime EPs I've ever seen. They could have started with Tatari and we would have missed nothing - even with that they could have covered this evil Satoko and Keichii stuff within ONE Episode.

The op shows Rika and Satoko facing off, 11 EPs in we've seen none of that.

Anybody who's gonna be watching Sotsu in the future, I'm gonna be recommending to skip all the Rena and Mion EPs. Completely pointless, and add nothing to the series.
ChargecoulombSep 3, 2021 11:45 PM
Sep 3, 2021 11:44 PM
Jul 2019
It was a very bloody episode I'm as usual in the old higirashi style, hope there's a twist to us next eps.

Sometimes I get kind of annoyed with Satoku and the fact that she's a great actress, by the way, no one suspects that she's the one who makes the shit happens.

I'm excited for a possible plot twist for the anime in these last 4 eps.
Sep 4, 2021 1:51 AM

Jun 2011
SkyhighCFC said:
Lyree said:
boring and annoying.
as expected, the only thing ooishi could say was itchy itchy itchy.
there's so much wrong with it it would be a waste of time to type it all again.
this show is so pathetic I can't wait for it to be finally over

also funny how there's ALWAYS some replies in the episode threads like "oh finally it's the good higurashi as we know and love it!!!!"
is that irony? are people blind and deaf watching it / just dumb?

"Oh someone enjoys something that I don't? They must be retarded/don't have my insane IQ!" s
you're retarded too if you don't get what I mean and twist my words like that.
It's not about enjoyment.
It's about not understanding what the og higu is all about. Cause it's not about mindless, cheap gore.
Sep 4, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2008
Hahaha this is so entertaining ...
Not! damn it's not, the best thing about all this is that Rika looks like an idiot.

I mean wow Satoko kills three people in one day, who is she, a professional hitman.
She can even wield the baseball bat like a pro, I wonder why Satoko doesn't try to conquer Japan. It would most likely work in her favor.

The new thing about the episode was that only Rena was spared this time,
lol if at all Satoko has to get punished for giving the sweetest character such a traumatic experience.

It's time for a switch of perspective, Rika wake up!

I really don't know what that anime wants to tell us in the end, for more than 10 episodes we see what Satoko can do when running wild, the other characters are mainly there to fill the screen or to get abused and killed by Satoko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Dec 2008
If we are lucky, we saw Satoko making a big mistake by completely ignoring Rena's presence in the last scene that will lead to her downfall. This way this season would not have been a complete waste of time.

Keichi isn't dead after this ?! for real XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2021 4:43 AM
Nov 2019
Chargecoulomb said:

These 11 EPs have to be some of the most wasteful anime EPs I've ever seen. They could have started with Tatari and we would have missed nothing - even with that they could have covered this evil Satoko and Keichii stuff within ONE Episode.

Anybody who's gonna be watching Sotsu in the future, I'm gonna be recommending to skip all the Rena and Mion EPs. Completely pointless, and add nothing to the series.

My thoughts, too much repetition of old scenes.

[User has been banned for this post]

Sep 4, 2021 5:20 AM

Oct 2008
What a slaughterfest episode! ew man!
Eua so amused! haha
5/5.

Sep 4, 2021 6:28 AM
May 2021
Lyree said:
SkyhighCFC said:

"Oh someone enjoys something that I don't? They must be retarded/don't have my insane IQ!" s
you're retarded too if you don't get what I mean and twist my words like that.
It's not about enjoyment.
It's about not understanding what the og higu is all about. Cause it's not about mindless, cheap gore.

LOOOOOOL you literally can't make this shit up. You proved my point completely with one comment. Thank you!
Sep 4, 2021 6:33 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:

Some people like being able to see what actually happened from the killers perspective in a series like this. Just because you didn't care for it, doesn't mean it was "completely pointless".
Sep 4, 2021 6:35 AM
May 2021
Fabienne said:
Not! damn it's not, the best thing about all this is that Rika looks like an idiot.

I mean wow Satoko kills three people in one day, who is she, a professional hitman.
She can even wield the baseball bat like a pro, I wonder why Satoko doesn't try to conquer Japan. It would most likely work in her favor.

lol if at all Satoko has to get punished for giving the sweetest character such a traumatic experience.

I really don't know what that anime wants to tell us in the end, for more than 10 episodes we see what Satoko can do when running wild, the other characters are mainly there to fill the screen or to get abused and killed by Satoko.

To be fair...Rika was never the smartest character to begin with. It took her 100 years to "conquer fate", when it was only in the last few arcs of the OG that she actually tried to change anything. She was an idiot in the OG and nothing has really changed here.
Sep 4, 2021 7:00 AM

Aug 2009
SkyhighCFC said:
Fabienne said:

To be fair...Rika was never the smartest character to begin with. It took her 100 years to "conquer fate", when it was only in the last few arcs of the OG that she actually tried to change anything. She was an idiot in the OG and nothing has really changed here.
An "idiot" who has all the information they need and and "idiot" who knows nothing are two different things.
Sep 4, 2021 7:06 AM

Apr 2009
SkyhighCFC said:
Fabienne said:

This is factually untrue. In the original it was mentioned she tried a bunch of shit, she even escaped from Hinamizawa once and lived in the woods for months, which allowed her to survive until July. Her repeated failures coupled with Hanyuu's fatalistic mindset is what led her to give up.

Her "dumbest" behavior in the original was not using Hanyuu better, but that feels more like a plot hole than anything since it would have ended the story in 5 minutes.

Sep 4, 2021 7:32 AM

May 2020
Hanyuu probably knew all along - there's no way that she didn't.

She had already given up - and her species become infantile as they age, so you can't depend on Kotohogushi badass Hanyuu to save the day.

Rika forgetting her deaths were most likely done intentionally by Hanyuu so that she wouldn't know who or what killed her.

Gou Rika is an idiot, but that's due to plot convenience. If she tried to rally the club together like she did in Matsuri, then she would have figured out that Satoko was suspicious in one or two loops. Also she would have found out about Takano during Onidamashi. -;Instead of wasting time throwing cryptic hints at Keichii.
ChargecoulombSep 4, 2021 7:40 AM
Sep 4, 2021 7:43 AM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:

Some people like being able to see what actually happened from the killers perspective in a series like this. Just because you didn't care for it, doesn't mean it was "completely pointless".

If we just followed what Satoko did, we could have covered three arcs in 3 episodes.

Just collect all the important segments from these 11 EPs and see how much run time you get.

Rena's episodes were a poor man's version of Tsumiboroshi.
Most of content of Mions EPs were repeats.
This arc speaks for itself.

Someone should make episode edits stripping away all the repeats and fluff. You'll get around 3 -5 episodes. One for Rena, Two for Mion, and Three for Satoko.

ChargecoulombSep 4, 2021 7:48 AM
Sep 4, 2021 8:03 AM
May 2021
ssjokg said:
SkyhighCFC said:

An "idiot" who has all the information they need and and "idiot" who knows nothing are two different things.

She did try to actually take action in GOU and SOTSU to be completely fair to her, but even then she should've noticed that something was off way sooner. But again...this isn't new.
Sep 4, 2021 8:06 AM
May 2021
Jin_uzuki said:
SkyhighCFC said:

This is factually untrue. In the original it was mentioned she tried a bunch of shit, she even escaped from Hinamizawa once and lived in the woods for months, which allowed her to survive until July. Her repeated failures coupled with Hanyuu's fatalistic mindset is what led her to give up.

Her "dumbest" behavior in the original was not using Hanyuu better, but that feels more like a plot hole than anything since it would have ended the story in 5 minutes.

I'm not buying this excuse for her character at all. She was "trying a bunch of shit" yet it took her 100 years to figure out that Takano was the culprit? That's laughable at best. I've come to accept that her character doesn't learn from her mistakes and is way too quick to give up.
Sep 4, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
SkyhighCFC said:

If we just followed what Satoko did, we could have covered three arcs in 3 episodes.

Just collect all the important segments from these 11 EPs and see how much run time you get.

Rena's episodes were a poor man's version of Tsumiboroshi.
Most of content of Mions EPs were repeats.
This arc speaks for itself.

Someone should make episode edits stripping away all the repeats and fluff. You'll get around 3 -5 episodes. One for Rena, Two for Mion, and Three for Satoko.

I'm not going to argue against this. I definitely think they stretched out these arcs way more than was necessary. I just didn't agree with the whole telling new viewers to "skip the Rena and Mion arcs".
Sep 4, 2021 8:22 AM

Aug 2009
SkyhighCFC said:
ssjokg said:

She did try to actually take action in GOU and SOTSU to be completely fair to her, but even then she should've noticed that something was off way sooner. But again...this isn't new.
The actions she took completely ignore the knowledge she has now. It is like this was the pre Matsuri og Rika again.

Saving her friends but letting Tomitake die and do nothing about Takano wont save her ass.

Like, she had one scene in Tataridmashi were she seems wary of Takano but as we saw right after the Satoko deal is over she acts as if everything is solved.

It makes no sense, and I am ot buying that Rika is such an idiot.
Sep 4, 2021 8:28 AM
May 2021
ssjokg said:
SkyhighCFC said:

The actions she took completely ignore the knowledge she has now. It is like this was the pre Matsuri og Rika again.

Saving her friends but letting Tomitake die and do nothing about Takano wont save her ass.

Like, she had one scene in Tataridmashi were she seems wary of Takano but as we saw right after the Satoko deal is over she acts as if everything is solved.

It makes no sense, and I am ot buying that Rika is such an idiot.

I didn't even think about this...but you're actually so right. It really does make no sense whatsoever even if you consider Rika to not be the smartest. Why is she acting like she won when they haven't even confronted Takano yet (given that at this point she still thinks Takano is the culprit).
Sep 4, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
[
SkyhighCFC said:
Jin_uzuki said:

I'm not buying this excuse for her character at all. She was "trying a bunch of shit" yet it took her 100 years to figure out that Takano was the culprit? That's laughable at best. I've come to accept that her character doesn't learn from her mistakes and is way too quick to give up.

It's not an excuse, it's what the damn story said. She tried to save Satoshi, her parents, warn everyone, escape, but it always failed. Trying to say she did nothing in the original it's factually incorrect.

Even in Saikoroshi Rika was more aware since the very first thing she's does is wondering how she can pull a Matsuri again.

Sep 4, 2021 8:32 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Pretty nice gore, not the best one but pretty nice. Satokos kinda playing with all of em. Nice

smoochie smoochie

Sep 4, 2021 8:58 AM
May 2021
Jin_uzuki said:
[
SkyhighCFC said:

It's not an excuse, it's what the damn story said. She tried to save Satoshi, her parents, warn everyone, escape, but it always failed. Trying to say she did nothing in the original it's factually incorrect.

Even in Saikoroshi Rika was more aware since the very first thing she's does is wondering how she can pull a Matsuri again.

None of this changes the fact it took her over 100 bloody years just to figure out who the culprit is. That in and of itself is laughable. Ok, I admit I was wrong to say she didn't try anything until the last few arcs, but that might as well have been true considering it took her so damn long to make any meaningful progress.
Sep 4, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2014
SkyhighCFC said:
I didn't even think about this...but you're actually so right. It really does make no sense whatsoever even if you consider Rika to not be the smartest. Why is she acting like she won when they haven't even confronted Takano yet (given that at this point she still thinks Takano is the culprit).
The fact that this is the moment where you decided to question Rika's intelligence and actions in Gou/Sotsu speaks a lot about you.
Sep 4, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2019
After re-watching the hospital scene in GOU ep 13, I'm still confused as to why Rena didn't tell Keiichi about Satoko's curse confession when she witnessed the festival murders. My only interpretation for that inconsistency is that Rena may have suffered dissociative amnesia due to the extremely traumatic event that unfolded before her. I wonder if she blocked that key piece of info in therapy (which I'm sure she likely got from that experience). This ending was more open-ended for me from this regard.
Sep 4, 2021 9:39 AM
May 2021
LockeGran said:
SkyhighCFC said:
The fact that this is the moment where you decided to question Rika's intelligence and actions in Gou/Sotsu speaks a lot about you.

If you read my previous comments, you'd see I never thought highly of Rika's intelligence to begin with, even in the OG. So why would I expect much from her in GOU/SOTSU? Unless of course you're going to try to convince me that Rika was somehow intelligent in the OG and I "just don't get it"?
Sep 4, 2021 9:49 AM
Jun 2021
I really like higurashi episode 11 because we really got a lot of gore scenes in this episode
Sep 4, 2021 9:59 AM
Apr 2021
SkyhighCFC said:
Jin_uzuki said:
[

None of this changes the fact it took her over 100 bloody years just to figure out who the culprit is. That in and of itself is laughable. Ok, I admit I was wrong to say she didn't try anything until the last few arcs, but that might as well have been true considering it took her so damn long to make any meaningful progress.

Ask Ryukishi. He decided to add Hanyu without thinking about plotholes that it will bring.
I mean, obviously asking Hanyu to follow Takano\Tomitake to find out who kill them(or at least follow them herself) is the first choice you're gonna come up with after like 10 tries at least. But then it will completely remove "who is the culprit" thing.
BUT, there was no mention of Rika even trying to do so, so it's just a plothole.
No way it speaks "lol Rika is dumb". If you think she's dumb, I have a bad news for you: you're lacking critical information
Sep 4, 2021 10:36 AM
May 2021
Si1verR0se said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Ask Ryukishi. He decided to add Hanyu without thinking about plotholes that it will bring.
I mean, obviously asking Hanyu to follow Takano\Tomitake to find out who kill them(or at least follow them herself) is the first choice you're gonna come up with after like 10 tries at least. But then it will completely remove "who is the culprit" thing.
BUT, there was no mention of Rika even trying to do so, so it's just a plothole.
No way it speaks "lol Rika is dumb". If you think she's dumb, I have a bad news for you: you're lacking critical information

Let's say it's just a plothole and a mistake on Ryukishi's part when writing her character. So what? Said plothole just makes Rika look like an idiot. It's not like there are many instances where we can say Rika demonstrates a solid level of intelligence. Most of the time she's just down in the dumps (obviously) and holding on to her belief in "fate".
Sep 4, 2021 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
I will leave Hanyuu out of this because yeah she is weird.Either she is naturally useless or doesnt want Rika to escape fate cause she lonely.

Anyway, the only way for Rika to find out who the culprit is as mentioned above to follow Takano and Tomitake and find out who kills them.

Why doesnt she do that? Honestly cant think of proper answer other than being afraid of her rewind limit .Rika avoids dying as much as possible or else she would just off herself on the first inconvenience, so fear of death is also a factor.

She has actually shown feats of intelligence: Making sure Keichi moves to the village, trying to recruit Akasaka(unfortunately doesnt work most of the time because who can believe that she has seen the future?) , making connections with Irie clinic and having close to her vaccines for those that lose it to HS, making sure her friends dont go crazy, using her status as a miko and reincarnation of Oyahsiro-sama to make adults of the village listen to her(to a degree).

And here is the problem. Rika has has methods and sometimes they will work.

Anything Satoko does will work. She turned Teppei into a 15 year old ecchi MC, Ooishi and CWS straight up believe her , Ooishi just happens to do exactly what she wants him to even before teh last scene, Rika acts oblivious to all red flags, smugglers act as if it is normal to have a kid as a customer(I would AT LEAST be alarmed that this is a trap), master of injections or everyone is just numb from the life in the middle of nowhere, traps that dont need activation or even set up. Anything she does just works.

Sep 4, 2021 1:42 PM

Oct 2014
Mizu said:
Will any of this be worth a rewatch in the future?
Fuck no.
If anything, Rewatching Deen after this will feel like a storytelling & directing masterpiece.

SkyhighCFC said:
Sooo... just because you or someone else wants to see it means it's not pointless?

SkyhighCFC said:
So let's start with your baseless assumptions.

Yeah it took her 100+ years to finally win, whats wrong about that?
It just means the challenge was that hard. Takano was all but an easy opponent to deal with. What Rika should have done in your opinion?
Do you know chess? Here's a challenge for you.
Play one chess game each year with someone highly intelligent. But only you won't know the rules, and aside of a few main rules, there's smaller ones that seemingly change between games.

Let's see how many years it will take for you to win.

She only tries changing something at the last chapters of OG? Uhh, no.
She tried changing things at the beginning, she tried a lot, but then she gave up.
The main story is about the fragments where she has already more or less given up, except for those few last chapters where she regained her fighting spirit.

SkyhighCFC said:
She tried nothing.. NOTHING.
Patted Tomitake's head, told K1 to let Rena in, suggested giving the doll to Mion..
And? She didn't do any of those in the past? Not sure, but even if everyone survived Watanagashi, they would die quickly after... She did nothing.

SkyhighCFC said:
She was "trying a bunch of shit" yet it took her 100 years to figure out that Takano was the culprit? That's laughable at best. I've come to accept that her character doesn't learn from her mistakes and is way too quick to give up.
You're laughable.
Consider yourself repeating the year 2021 all over again, always dying at June.
But here's the twist, you won't remember anything from the night of your death, and there's a special ops group hunting you down.
The death will be swift and come literally out of nothing.

Also meanwhile, all your friends and family will be killing each other.
Great funfun times to play detective of who kills me.
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Sep 4, 2021 2:34 PM
May 2021
Hulio said:
Mizu said:
Will any of this be worth a rewatch in the future?
Fuck no.
If anything, Rewatching Deen after this will feel like a storytelling & directing masterpiece.

SkyhighCFC said:
Sooo... just because you or someone else wants to see it means it's not pointless?

SkyhighCFC said:
So let's start with your baseless assumptions.

Yeah it took her 100+ years to finally win, whats wrong about that?
It just means the challenge was that hard. Takano was all but an easy opponent to deal with. What Rika should have done in your opinion?
Do you know chess? Here's a challenge for you.
Play one chess game each year with someone highly intelligent. But only you won't know the rules, and aside of a few main rules, there's smaller ones that seemingly change between games.

Let's see how many years it will take for you to win.

She only tries changing something at the last chapters of OG? Uhh, no.
She tried changing things at the beginning, she tried a lot, but then she gave up.
The main story is about the fragments where she has already more or less given up, except for those few last chapters where she regained her fighting spirit.

SkyhighCFC said:
She tried nothing.. NOTHING.
Patted Tomitake's head, told K1 to let Rena in, suggested giving the doll to Mion..
And? She didn't do any of those in the past? Not sure, but even if everyone survived Watanagashi, they would die quickly after... She did nothing.

SkyhighCFC said:
She was "trying a bunch of shit" yet it took her 100 years to figure out that Takano was the culprit? That's laughable at best. I've come to accept that her character doesn't learn from her mistakes and is way too quick to give up.
You're laughable.
Consider yourself repeating the year 2021 all over again, always dying at June.
But here's the twist, you won't remember anything from the night of your death, and there's a special ops group hunting you down.
The death will be swift and come literally out of nothing.

Also meanwhile, all your friends and family will be killing each other.
Great funfun times to play detective of who kills me.

- Yes...yes it does. Most people don't like being left without a visual explanation of how things went down in a story like this. They should've condensed this down into less episodes than it took, but regardless, it wasn't "pointless".

- Oh brother...did you seriously just compare playing 1 chess game a year against "Someone highly intelligent" for 100 years to Rika's situation? You do realize that's only 100 chess games right? Rika spent well over 100 loops in June 1983. No where did I claim that her task was an easy one, or that Takano was an easy opponent, but the fact that Takano and Tomitake were the only constants within ALL that time should've given her at least a bloody hint. I also already addressed that I was wrong that she only tried to change things in the last chapters of the OG...but even so. 100 years???

- In GOU/SOTSU, she tried things that would've helped her get closer to the answer in the OG. Her not preparing for Takano's "attack" if you will is definitely a plothole though.

- If it takes you more than 10 loops to realize that Takano/Tomitake are suspiciously the only real constants within every loop then you are indeed laughably stupid. One would think you'd at least try to look into them a bit more. Her not remembering what happened at the hours before her death (which has always been pretty ambiguous to me) is a detriment, but she could easily utilize the time before that to help her piece together shit. It would definitely still take a while because of the reasons you listed, but 100 years? I don't think so. Stopping her family/friends from killing each other should've been the easiest part considering her friends got the syndrome naturally unlike in GOU/SOTSU where they were forcefully injected, and there were clear red flags for each of them getting the virus. Not only that, but a lot the times she would've gotten key information days before her death.

This doesn't even take into account her terrible use of Hanyuu throughout the series. You cannot convince me that Rika is an intelligent character.
Sep 4, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2014
SkyhighCFC said:
- Yes...yes it does. Most people don't like being left without a visual explanation of how things went down in a story like this. They should've condensed this down into less episodes than it took, but regardless, it wasn't "pointless".
If that one guy calling this pointless doesn't make it pointless, it is equally strong argument to say that one guy calling this not-pointless doesn't make this not-pointless.

If we'd draw a line between new watchers and old, one of which would call this pointless whereas the other would not. I don't think you have the authority to disregard the other side's opinion of the pointlessness.

- Oh brother...did you seriously just compare playing 1 chess game a year against "Someone highly intelligent" for 100 years to Rika's situation? You do realize that's only 100 chess games right? Rika spent well over 100 loops in June 1983. No where did I claim that her task was an easy one, or that Takano was an easy opponent, but the fact that Takano and Tomitake were the only constants within ALL that time should've given her at least a bloody hint. I also already addressed that I was wrong that she only tried to change things in the last chapters of the OG...but even so. 100 years???
I sure did. Would you have rather played 100 a year? Don't forget the not knowing the rules part, that's important.

I don't fully remember if they used this comparison in Higurashi, but they sure did in Umineko, the theory is exceedinly the same tho.

You're saying her task wasn't easy, but you're also saying she's very stupid? hmm.
Also don't stick with the 100 years part, it's just 100 years. You probably haven't lived that long so you don't know how that feels. Or how dying feels.. or whatever in Higurashi feels.
Maybe you would have done better than Rika, but maybe you would have done a lot worse, frankly, we can never know.

Don't know if you read or watched the OG stories, but even if you picked up Takano & Tommy dying every single chapter, and even when you had vast amounts of 3rd party information Rika was lacking. You probably didn't figure out Takano was the culprit until the end. But then again, that's completely uncomparable.

- In GOU/SOTSU, she tried things that would've helped her get closer to the answer in the OG.
Considering she had already gone through everything and even won, she should have actually tried doing something.. fighting against the fate. Not just leave it at "I told K1 to be kind to Rena, I wish everything will be okay now"

- If it takes you more than 10 loops to realize that Takano/Tomitake are suspiciously the only real constants within every loop then you are indeed laughably stupid.
So you're saying it took Rika more than that to notice that?
Funny enough, they weren't.

but she could easily utilize the time before that to help her piece together shit. It would definitely still take a while because of the reasons you listed, but 100 years? I don't think so.
From what I remember, I'm pretty sure Rika was under surveillance, and got attacked & cloroformed during her sleep, and then killed later. Not sure how easy it would be piece stuff together + the amnesia. Most of the times she'd just wake up in the new fragment with "Oh.. I died again"
At most you'd know that Takano, Tomi & Rika herself always dies (and occasional friend)

Also what comes to the 100 years (if it was only 100 years) you can't really say it took her that long to piece things together, it took her a lot shorter to give up. Most of the fragments she's just been living the repeat until her death, probably the reason why she started drinking aswell.

Stopping her family/friends from killing each other should've been the easiest part considering her friends got the syndrome naturally unlike in GOU/SOTSU where they were forcefully injected, and there were clear red flags for each of them getting the virus.
It might have been the easiest part, but by no means is it that simple.
I mean, I guess she could go running around chasing her friends and vaccinating them, but aside of that, giving the doll or letting Rena in, there's no proof they actually work in the main story. There's only 1 instance of both occurring, and neither is enough prove them working.
Then again, Rika does say that giving the Doll to Mion is enough to prevent the tragedy, but how does she know that if it's the first time happening?
Meaning that she had already figured it out long ago, but during Watanagashi, she had already stopped caring.

This doesn't even take into account her terrible use of Hanyuu throughout the series. You cannot convince me that Rika is an intelligent character.
Well, I probably can't prove that is specially intelligent, but there is a lack of proof pointing out she's stupid aswell.
Sep 4, 2021 4:25 PM
May 2021
Lyree said:
boring and annoying.
as expected, the only thing ooishi could say was itchy itchy itchy.
there's so much wrong with it it would be a waste of time to type it all again.
this show is so pathetic I can't wait for it to be finally over

also funny how there's ALWAYS some replies in the episode threads like "oh finally it's the good higurashi as we know and love it!!!!"
is that irony? are people blind and deaf watching it / just dumb?

Oh, I was starting to figure I was the only one who felt this way about the "oh it's like the good ol' Higurashi finally!" comments. Being maybe 10% like the original is not being like the original.

I maybe forget bits and pieces of the VN and manga because going through them is like 200 fucking hours long, you're bound to FORGET some things, but at many points this has not felt like the OG at all. It feels very cheated as the audience at times. That or just as stated a billion times, boring. Simply boring. The OG didn't literally put me to sleep.
Sep 4, 2021 4:56 PM

Dec 2020
After taking a long break I finally watched these 11 episodes of Sotsu. Things didn't change for the better.

To give my two cents on the topic:

1. If we were talking about a detecive, trying to figure out the whodunit, whydunit and howdunit then yes, the best way to escape the loops would be to gather as much information as possible by throwing away your life. Objectively, that's what Rika should have done.

2. Rika isn't a detective, and she doesn't treat the loops like a game that needs to be beaten (like Satoko does). She just want's to live her normal life. She is afraid of death and pain and tries to avoid getting killed. That's why she isn't willing to throw her life away for questionable informations.

3. She is just a young girl. Getting killed that often with seemingly always changing rules sure let's you lose hope fast. Who guarantees her, that she can even change the outcome? How many years are you able to do your absolute best if you don't even know if it's possible to escape?

4. Not being able to remember what happened before your death makes it so much harder to get any reliable information. Why would you let yourself get killed if you don't even get information from it? Maybe she tried following Tomitake and got killed by the Yamainu who keep an eye on her? Maybe she couldn't remember who killed Tomitake and gave up on following him because she didn't feel like dying for nothing.

5. I agree that 100 years sounds like a ton. But that's more out of a viewers perspective. Of course I'd imagine that if my life depended on it I would be able to figure out the culprit a lot faster than that. But I am not a little child who has to suffer through this without anyone to depend on. I can't imagine how it must feel to get killed that often for seemingly no reason and by different people each time without being able to remember how it even happened. That must destroy your dedication to play detective very fast. So I don't blame her at all to have basically given up at some point and mostly passively waiting for a miracle to happen. If anything, it makes Satoko's behavior in Gou/Sotsu even more ridiculous, since for some reason she doesn't get affected by being stuck in loops and constantly killing and dying at all.

On another note I totally agree with the comments about how this isn't like the OG at all even though some people act like it is.

The worst part is when people write something like "Finally some gore, the good old Higurashi is back." Not only are you outing yourself as a mindless goon who only watches for splatter without care for the actual mystery but you are also pleased by the worst gore we ever saw in Higurashi. What's with this ridiculous amount of red paint...

This is like the OG:
- A lot of gore (but with less realism -> less horryfying)

And this is different:
- Barely any overarching mystery
- Less Horror and suspense
- Predictable Answer Arcs
- Barely any exciting new content
- Bad pacing
- A boring puzzle that's no fun to figure out
- Lot's of convenient plot devices

EragurSep 4, 2021 5:07 PM
We'll be together for all eternity.

Sep 5, 2021 9:23 AM
May 2021
Hulio said:
SkyhighCFC said:
If that one guy calling this pointless doesn't make it pointless, it is equally strong argument to say that one guy calling this not-pointless doesn't make this not-pointless.

If we'd draw a line between new watchers and old, one of which would call this pointless whereas the other would not. I don't think you have the authority to disregard the other side's opinion of the pointlessness.

I sure did. Would you have rather played 100 a year? Don't forget the not knowing the rules part, that's important.

I don't fully remember if they used this comparison in Higurashi, but they sure did in Umineko, the theory is exceedinly the same tho.

You're saying her task wasn't easy, but you're also saying she's very stupid? hmm.
Also don't stick with the 100 years part, it's just 100 years. You probably haven't lived that long so you don't know how that feels. Or how dying feels.. or whatever in Higurashi feels.
Maybe you would have done better than Rika, but maybe you would have done a lot worse, frankly, we can never know.

Don't know if you read or watched the OG stories, but even if you picked up Takano & Tommy dying every single chapter, and even when you had vast amounts of 3rd party information Rika was lacking. You probably didn't figure out Takano was the culprit until the end. But then again, that's completely uncomparable.

- In GOU/SOTSU, she tried things that would've helped her get closer to the answer in the OG.
Considering she had already gone through everything and even won, she should have actually tried doing something.. fighting against the fate. Not just leave it at "I told K1 to be kind to Rena, I wish everything will be okay now"

- If it takes you more than 10 loops to realize that Takano/Tomitake are suspiciously the only real constants within every loop then you are indeed laughably stupid.
Funny enough, they weren't.

but she could easily utilize the time before that to help her piece together shit. It would definitely still take a while because of the reasons you listed, but 100 years? I don't think so.
From what I remember, I'm pretty sure Rika was under surveillance, and got attacked & cloroformed during her sleep, and then killed later. Not sure how easy it would be piece stuff together + the amnesia. Most of the times she'd just wake up in the new fragment with "Oh.. I died again"
At most you'd know that Takano, Tomi & Rika herself always dies (and occasional friend)

Also what comes to the 100 years (if it was only 100 years) you can't really say it took her that long to piece things together, it took her a lot shorter to give up. Most of the fragments she's just been living the repeat until her death, probably the reason why she started drinking aswell.

Stopping her family/friends from killing each other should've been the easiest part considering her friends got the syndrome naturally unlike in GOU/SOTSU where they were forcefully injected, and there were clear red flags for each of them getting the virus.
It might have been the easiest part, but by no means is it that simple.
I mean, I guess she could go running around chasing her friends and vaccinating them, but aside of that, giving the doll or letting Rena in, there's no proof they actually work in the main story. There's only 1 instance of both occurring, and neither is enough prove them working.
Then again, Rika does say that giving the Doll to Mion is enough to prevent the tragedy, but how does she know that if it's the first time happening?
Meaning that she had already figured it out long ago, but during Watanagashi, she had already stopped caring.

Well, I probably can't prove that is specially intelligent, but there is a lack of proof pointing out she's stupid aswell.

- I mean...if the majority of viewers don't think it was pointless, I don't quite understand how you could describe it as much, but to each their own.

- It's not a good analogy in my opinion other than the part about not knowing the rules. And this is the part that would have made it especially difficult for Rika. The fact that she literally started off with basically no clues. But again, and I keep stressing this, just because it isn't an easy task doesn't mean it should've taken her 100 years. Perhaps "laughably stupid" was a bit harsh on Rika, but she definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed based on the information we're given. Also, whether or not I figured out Takano was the culprit until the end of the game is completely irrelevant to this argument, but I was at the very least suspicious of her (and Tomitake) within the first 3 arcs.

- I agree with this completely. It's questionable writing from Ryukishi to say the least.

- If not, then by extension it shouldn't have taken 100 years then surely?

- Probably the hardest part for Rika to be successful would be actually preventing her death. My issue is how long it took her to figure out who the culprit was and how long it took her to pick up on some of the flags for her friends getting the syndrome. But maybe you're right. Maybe we should just bring it down to "she just gave up after a while"...but like some others here said, she obviously didn't like the idea of dying, so what was she actually doing in the loops where she just "gave up"? You see the inconsistency here?

- I mean, based on what the story told us, both of those should have worked in almost all scenarios. The reason they didn't work in GOU/SOTSU is because of Satoko's intervention.

- I'd say based on how the story prevents Rika, it's more reasonable to assume she's not very smart than to suggest otherwise
Sep 5, 2021 9:42 AM
May 2021
Eragur said:
After taking a long break I finally watched these 11 episodes of Sotsu. Things didn't change for the better.

To give my two cents on the topic:

1. If we were talking about a detecive, trying to figure out the whodunit, whydunit and howdunit then yes, the best way to escape the loops would be to gather as much information as possible by throwing away your life. Objectively, that's what Rika should have done.

2. Rika isn't a detective, and she doesn't treat the loops like a game that needs to be beaten (like Satoko does). She just want's to live her normal life. She is afraid of death and pain and tries to avoid getting killed. That's why she isn't willing to throw her life away for questionable informations.

3. She is just a young girl. Getting killed that often with seemingly always changing rules sure let's you lose hope fast. Who guarantees her, that she can even change the outcome? How many years are you able to do your absolute best if you don't even know if it's possible to escape?

4. Not being able to remember what happened before your death makes it so much harder to get any reliable information. Why would you let yourself get killed if you don't even get information from it? Maybe she tried following Tomitake and got killed by the Yamainu who keep an eye on her? Maybe she couldn't remember who killed Tomitake and gave up on following him because she didn't feel like dying for nothing.

5. I agree that 100 years sounds like a ton. But that's more out of a viewers perspective. Of course I'd imagine that if my life depended on it I would be able to figure out the culprit a lot faster than that. But I am not a little child who has to suffer through this without anyone to depend on. I can't imagine how it must feel to get killed that often for seemingly no reason and by different people each time without being able to remember how it even happened. That must destroy your dedication to play detective very fast. So I don't blame her at all to have basically given up at some point and mostly passively waiting for a miracle to happen. If anything, it makes Satoko's behavior in Gou/Sotsu even more ridiculous, since for some reason she doesn't get affected by being stuck in loops and constantly killing and dying at all.

On another note I totally agree with the comments about how this isn't like the OG at all even though some people act like it is.

The worst part is when people write something like "Finally some gore, the good old Higurashi is back." Not only are you outing yourself as a mindless goon who only watches for splatter without care for the actual mystery but you are also pleased by the worst gore we ever saw in Higurashi. What's with this ridiculous amount of red paint...

This is like the OG:
- A lot of gore (but with less realism -> less horryfying)

And this is different:
- Barely any overarching mystery
- Less Horror and suspense
- Predictable Answer Arcs
- Barely any exciting new content
- Bad pacing
- A boring puzzle that's no fun to figure out
- Lot's of convenient plot devices

1. Agreed.

2. She doesn't treat them like a game, but she treats them like they're completely based on luck instead of actually trying to be more assertive in trying to find the information she needs. Keichii eventually teachers her to think differently but as we saw, that took over 100 years. You don't need to be a detective to pick up on certain patterns. She also wouldn't be just throwing away her life for "questionable information"...it would've been vital information that would've helped her "conquer fate".

3. This excuse only flies for the first 15-25 years of her looping. After that, she SHOULD mentally be an adult. Granted, looping for that long would make a lot of people lose hope, so that is a valid argument, but after a while she'd also be tired of just dying all the time would she not? You said it yourself, she doesn't like the pain and the agony she endures when she dies every loop, so one would assume she'd try again at some point, well before 100 years.

4. Yes, losing your memories of the hours before you die is definitely a huge detriment. Which is why it should've been her priority to gather as much information before this threshold. It should still have been well within her capabilities to do so in at least a good chunk of the loops. I mean, Satoko was able to break into a top secret military facility and steal one of the L5 syringes. And based on that, it definitely couldn't have been that difficult to at least keep an eye on Tomitake and Takano considering how easy it was for Satoko to break into that base.

5. 100 years is a ton. It feels like a ton for us and it certainly felt like a ton for Rika that's for sure. And she did have people to depend on...her friends who eventually helped her overcome fate and Hanyuu for crying out loud. The difference between Rika and Satoko is pretty simple to be honest. Satoko came from a timeline where there is no tragedy beyond her own perceived "tragedy" of Rika drifting away from her. Therefore, she doesn't actually feel trapped in loops. It's more of a game for her where her goal is to keep Rika there at all costs by using the information she gathered by viewing Rika's 100 years of looping. Now the fact that Satoko watched those 100 years and didn't think that subjecting her FRIENDS, not just Rika, to that type of torture was crossing a line is another story altogether and it's one of my biggest criticism's of Satoko's character in GOU/SOTSU, but that's another discussion for another day.

Sep 5, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2009
SkyhighCFC said:

- I mean, based on what the story told us, both of those should have worked in almost all scenarios. The reason they didn't work in GOU/SOTSU is because of Satoko's intervention.

- I'd say based on how the story prevents Rika, it's more reasonable to assume she's not very smart than to suggest otherwise

-What she did wouldnt work in the OG as well...if she does nothing about Takano.

-That is if we ignore how Ryukishi's/scriptwriter's writing can be the one at fault.
There is a difference between being slow to understand something and being a complete retard like in Gou.

SkyhighCFC said:

4. Yes, losing your memories of the hours before you die is definitely a huge detriment. Which is why it should've been her priority to gather as much information before this threshold. It should still have been well within her capabilities to do so in at least a good chunk of the loops. I mean, Satoko was able to break into a top secret military facility and steal one of the L5 syringes. And based on that, it definitely couldn't have been that difficult to at least keep an eye on Tomitake and Takano considering how easy it was for Satoko to break into that base.

5. 100 years is a ton. It feels like a ton for us and it certainly felt like a ton for Rika that's for sure. And she did have people to depend on...her friends who eventually helped her overcome fate and Hanyuu for crying out loud. The difference between Rika and Satoko is pretty simple to be honest. Satoko came from a timeline where there is no tragedy beyond her own perceived "tragedy" of Rika drifting away from her. Therefore, she doesn't actually feel trapped in loops. It's more of a game for her where her goal is to keep Rika there at all costs by using the information she gathered by viewing Rika's 100 years of looping. Now the fact that Satoko watched those 100 years and didn't think that subjecting her FRIENDS, not just Rika, to that type of torture was crossing a line is another story altogether and it's one of my biggest criticism's of Satoko's character in GOU/SOTSU, but that's another discussion for another day.

4. Not the same thing. Satoko can remember everything AND the plot conveniently has the syringes in a lock that tells her what the correct combination is.

5.Her friends needed those 100 years in order to even remember a small part of some fragments; Hanyuu needed 100 years to decide to DO SOMETHING; Akasaka needed 100 years and some DEM to be capable to do something. When Rika calls it a miracle she isnt overestimating what happened.
As for Satoko, why didnt she think to make Rika's life a living hell AFTER she breaks the loop? She only makes her want to leave the village more and more. Make her suffer afterwards so that she doesnt want to leave. Reenact the curse of Oyashiro-sama and his rules the proper way.
Sep 5, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
SkyhighCFC said:
- I mean...if the majority of viewers don't think it was pointless, I don't quite understand how you could describe it as much, but to each their own.
But is that really how the majority sees it as?
To be honest, I'm really hearing mixed reviews of this. But which is the true majority?
Then again, does the majority have the authority to decide everything?
Tho that topic is best left at that as it's goings to be something completely different.

- It's not a good analogy in my opinion other than the part about not knowing the rules. And this is the part that would have made it especially difficult for Rika. The fact that she literally started off with basically no clues. But again, and I keep stressing this, just because it isn't an easy task doesn't mean it should've taken her 100 years.
I happen to consider it quite fitting. Whats wrong in it? What would you consider as better analogy? It's easy to understand and represents the situation quite well.

You keep repeating the "shouldn't have taken 100 years" part. So what are the points you're saying she should have done/done better to figure out the Culprit faster?

Funny enough, they weren't.- If not, then by extension it shouldn't have taken 100 years then surely?
I was trying to say, that there was other constants that kept repeating than simply Takano & Tomi dying on the night of Watanagashi.

- Probably the hardest part for Rika to be successful would be actually preventing her death. My issue is how long it took her to figure out who the culprit was and how long it took her to pick up on some of the flags for her friends getting the syndrome.
The hardest part definitely was preventing her own death, simply because of the "absolute will that creates absolute destiny" that was on the opposing side. It was a constant that she had no way of altering.

But what you mean by the flags of syndrome presented on her friends?
I'm sure, by the time we reached the fragments told on the story, she already knew full well that her friends were always falling for the syndrome, and why.
If we take GOU on this, for example, she told K1 to not be suspicious of Rena and let her in to prevent the tragedy. However, that whole situation had nothing to do with Minagoroshi or Tsumihoroboshi (when finally started to beat the destiny once and for all)
And neither was there a scene like that in all the other fragments, except Onikakushi.

Meaning, either she figured that out from Onikakushi (I highly doubt that, why would she figure out something like that on the 8th last fragment, last of it's kind, after dozens of similar ones?)
Or she already knew that on Onikakushi, but for one reason or another, didn't act on it.

but like some others here said, she obviously didn't like the idea of dying, so what was she actually doing in the loops where she just "gave up"? You see the inconsistency here?
I think we're getting a sneak peek of what she was doing during the loops in.. was it Mina or Tsumi, can't remember.
Being lowkey depressed. Watching the Moon. Waiting for death. And Drinking.

She may not have liked the idea of dying, but that only goes that far. And this is pretty well represented in one of the Bernkastel's Poems.

"At the first time, I do my best to try again
against the inevitable tragedy.

In the second time, I become disgusted
towards the inevitable tragedy.

The third time, disgust is overwhelmed into painfulness.
But by the seventh time, this all becomes a farce comedy."

Should have worked, maybe.
Would they have worked? I'm not so sure about that.
We never really saw them working, not to the extent we could say they do.
But if they really do work, that means Rika had figured those things out long ago.

I'm basing that on the fact that we didn't see her trying those things until the last chapters we know (+Gou). And that R07 wasn't such an ass writer to suddenly pop those ideas into her head.

Intelligent or not, I'd say she's depressed poor soul who gave up and stopped giving a shit about anything, more or less. Just passing time, perhaps waiting for a miracle, until the time to repeat is at hand.
Sep 5, 2021 10:34 AM

May 2020
The obvious point, when Tommy dissapears on the night of Watanagashi, as far as Rika is concerened, she's lost that world. She's never gonna beat Takano without him.

The fact that she let it happen on Oni, Wata and Tatari-damashi, and then tried to do the whole hint thing with K1 is a testament to her being a idiot in Gou.

In the OG, I already explained Hanyuu withholding information about Takano in a previous post, Rika and Hanyuu had well and truly given up by the time the question arcs started.

Keep in mind that Rikas loops started out as YEARS. Originally one of her loops would consist of SEVERAL YEARS and months. So its not like she could just kill herself and start over instantly like Satoko does. This is a key point thst many people seem to forget when talking about Rika giving up.

Unlike Satoko, Rika didnt experience just the month leading up to Takano's Plan. She experienced several years of her own life in leadup to that. for a good portion of her 100 years of looping

100 years worth of loops, isnt actually that many loops in Rikas persepective, since they only get shorter when nearing the events of the OG arcs.
ChargecoulombSep 5, 2021 10:39 AM
Sep 5, 2021 12:18 PM
May 2021
ssjokg said:
SkyhighCFC said:

-What she did wouldnt work in the OG as well...if she does nothing about Takano.

-That is if we ignore how Ryukishi's/scriptwriter's writing can be the one at fault.
There is a difference between being slow to understand something and being a complete retard like in Gou.

SkyhighCFC said:

4. Not the same thing. Satoko can remember everything AND the plot conveniently has the syringes in a lock that tells her what the correct combination is.

5.Her friends needed those 100 years in order to even remember a small part of some fragments; Hanyuu needed 100 years to decide to DO SOMETHING; Akasaka needed 100 years and some DEM to be capable to do something. When Rika calls it a miracle she isnt overestimating what happened.
As for Satoko, why didnt she think to make Rika's life a living hell AFTER she breaks the loop? She only makes her want to leave the village more and more. Make her suffer afterwards so that she doesnt want to leave. Reenact the curse of Oyashiro-sama and his rules the proper way.

- Already addressed this. It's a plot hole for sure.

- Doesn't matter which it is in my opinion. Both are bad.

- Based on what was presented to us in GOU, Satoko used her ability to keep all of her memories to her advantage to bruteforce her way into finding the password. God knows how many loops that would've taken. Still, memories or not, it shouldn't be that easy to just waltz into a facility like that. This is yet another plot convenience used causing inconsistency in the overall story.

- Fair point about the friends. I'd say when it comes to Hanyuu though that I feel like that just seems like cheap plot convenience again. You mean to tell me it took that long for Hanyuu to feel the need to do something? As for Satoko, I'd like to think it has something to do with the manifestation of her witch persona, but who really knows at this point.
Sep 5, 2021 1:10 PM

Aug 2009
SkyhighCFC said:
ssjokg said:

- Already addressed this. It's a plot hole for sure.

- Doesn't matter which it is in my opinion. Both are bad.

- Based on what was presented to us in GOU, Satoko used her ability to keep all of her memories to her advantage to bruteforce her way into finding the password. God knows how many loops that would've taken. Still, memories or not, it shouldn't be that easy to just waltz into a facility like that. This is yet another plot convenience used causing inconsistency in the overall story.

- Fair point about the friends. I'd say when it comes to Hanyuu though that I feel like that just seems like cheap plot convenience again. You mean to tell me it took that long for Hanyuu to feel the need to do something? As for Satoko, I'd like to think it has something to do with the manifestation of her witch persona, but who really knows at this point.

-Both are bad, but one can be a character flaw/weakness and the other just really bad writing.

-Well for Satoko, I know why she cna remember and I dont find it hard for her to sneak in, since she is a regular for the shots. The problem is how convenient it was for her that Takano left such an important thing in a such an easily accessible room.Even without a password someone can easily steal it. Someone will ask "who would steal it?", to which I will reply with "who would send a military recon team to study a bacteria and mass murder an entire village?".

-Hanyuu is always a problem and any attempt at explaining either makes it a plot convenience or makes her character very detestable.
And I dont accept any "witch" explanations. "Witch" used to be a coping mechanism, not advanced insanity that explains all actions.
Sep 5, 2021 10:40 PM
Nov 2019
I still feel sorry for Teppei. He was trying his to make up for all the shit he had done in his past life and then he was killed.
Sep 7, 2021 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
I feel so fucking bad for Rena... Satoko could've at least put her out of her misery. Now she has to think about this in complete confusion for the rest of her life. I am glad that K1 survived this arc just for Rena's sake, even if it's dumb for him to magically survive (again).
Others have already pointed this out but it was pretty foolish for Satoko to take such an unnecessary risk of revealing herself to Rena, when she knows that people can remember things from past fragments. I'm not sure if Rena needs to die in this fragment for a Rena in another fragment to 'inherit' her memories, but hopefully it's not necessary because it would make quite an interesting plot point imo. This promotional image could be hinting that Rena might be helping Rika out later on, maybe in a 3rd season?
iiKrinaSep 7, 2021 8:53 PM
Sep 7, 2021 7:12 PM
Aug 2020
SHE SAID THE WORD, SHE SAID THE FUCKING WORD 21:14
Sep 8, 2021 5:57 AM

May 2020
SkyhighCFC said:

The thing about Hanyuu is that she is a huge coward. She is 'Oyashiro sama' but doesn't remember much if not all of her past. Kotohogushi explicitly says that our Hanyuu has no real idea about her past.

Her reason for looping Rika, was that she could spend as much time as possible with the reincarnation of her daughter/ coupled with the fact that she is the only person she can really interact with. She didn't loop Rika with the expectation of her beating Takano. I think the VN goes into more detail regarding this.

Hanyuus species become infantile as they get older. Even though she still retains some of her 'maturity' she is still more childish than Rika at the end of the day. So when Rika gives up, she will accept it as well, and she only steps up in Matsuribayashi and Miotsukushi once Rika regains her will to fight.

Hanyuu's role makes sense when you consider the big picture, but it is not as clear in the Anime and Manga as it is in the VN.
ChargecoulombSep 8, 2021 6:02 AM
Sep 8, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2021
Chargecoulomb said:
SkyhighCFC said:

The thing about Hanyuu is that she is a huge coward. She is 'Oyashiro sama' but doesn't remember much if not all of her past. Kotohogushi explicitly says that our Hanyuu has no real idea about her past.

Her reason for looping Rika, was that she could spend as much time as possible with the reincarnation of her daughter/ coupled with the fact that she is the only person she can really interact with. She didn't loop Rika with the expectation of her beating Takano. I think the VN goes into more detail regarding this.

Hanyuus species become infantile as they get older. Even though she still retains some of her 'maturity' she is still more childish than Rika at the end of the day. So when Rika gives up, she will accept it as well, and she only steps up in Matsuribayashi and Miotsukushi once Rika regains her will to fight.

Hanyuu's role makes sense when you consider the big picture, but it is not as clear in the Anime and Manga as it is in the VN.

I see. Her actions make a lot more sense when you look at it with this perspective. Still though, even if Hanyuu is more childish than Rika, I think even a young child would want to help a friend in need in whatever way the can. She's a coward but I still feel like there's more she could've done if you get me.
Sep 8, 2021 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
SkyhighCFC said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I see. Her actions make a lot more sense when you look at it with this perspective. Still though, even if Hanyuu is more childish than Rika, I think even a young child would want to help a friend in need in whatever way the can. She's a coward but I still feel like there's more she could've done if you get me.
Young children can be vastly different from each other, and even if Hanyuu wanted to help Rika the best she could manage, her ability to do so could be could be lacking, if not infantile aswell.

She could perceive helping Rika to be equal of just wanting to help her pass time. Children can be highly sympathetic and empathetic, but it doesn't mean they could actually help adults on their own.

You may feel that Hanyuu could have done more, but that's you, not Hanyuu.
It's easy for us to see Hanyuu as an entity of great power who could do many many things to help Rika solve the events, but that's just us projecting ourselves in Hanyuu's... shoes.

Next you're going to say that if you were Hanyuu, you would have immediately started stalking some key figures and solve the mystery in just a handful of fragments, but I don't think it works like that.

Frankly it's even debatable how much she wanted to actually help Rika to survive past the events, but that's gonna be something completely different altogether.
Sep 8, 2021 3:09 PM
May 2021
Hulio said:
SkyhighCFC said:

Young children can be vastly different from each other, and even if Hanyuu wanted to help Rika the best she could manage, her ability to do so could be could be lacking, if not infantile aswell.

She could perceive helping Rika to be equal of just wanting to help her pass time. Children can be highly sympathetic and empathetic, but it doesn't mean they could actually help adults on their own.

You may feel that Hanyuu could have done more, but that's you, not Hanyuu.
It's easy for us to see Hanyuu as an entity of great power who could do many many things to help Rika solve the events, but that's just us projecting ourselves in Hanyuu's... shoes.

Next you're going to say that if you were Hanyuu, you would have immediately started stalking some key figures and solve the mystery in just a handful of fragments, but I don't think it works like that.

Frankly it's even debatable how much she wanted to actually help Rika to survive past the events, but that's gonna be something completely different altogether.

I was never gonna say anything like that. I generally don't like using arguments where I put myself in someone else's shoes. I'm only making slight criticisms of the overall story.
Sep 8, 2021 4:27 PM

Jan 2021
this ep was hard to watch.

only 4 more ep left.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2021

412 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:37 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2021

395 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2021

215 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 4:03 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2021

159 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sotsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

121 by Drinzen »»
Feb 22, 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.