Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 22, 2021 3:53 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
I love battle arena and fighting tournament style anime like DBZ and YYH. Those shows have plot and character development, though. This show does not. It makes me think of Yu Yu Hakusho if it were done in modern times without a storyline and while on ecstasy.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 𝐼𝒻 𝒶𝓃𝓎𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝓈 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒,
𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓃, 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎’𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑔. *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Aug 22, 2021 4:01 PM
May 2021
giap16 said:
I love battle arena and fighting tournament style anime like DBZ and YYH. Those shows have plot and character development, though. This show does not. It makes me think of Yu Yu Hakusho if it were done in modern times without a storyline and while on ecstasy.
i don’t understand what’s wrong with this anime. I haven’t seen the Manhwa yet but I liked the anime
Aug 22, 2021 4:04 PM
Nov 2020
Nakashii- said:
giap16 said:
i don’t understand what’s wrong with this anime. I haven’t seen the Manhwa yet but I liked the anime
i liked it too even if i didn't understand a lot of things but i guess it's rushed i didn't read the manhwa but i I've been told that they adapt +100 chapters in 13 episodes
Aug 22, 2021 4:17 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, Mappa fucked GoH over big time in the anime. It was comically bad at how rushed it was. The fights are good but I know at least a dozen other fighting anime/manga that do this concept and execute it way better in all departments. I have heard the manwha is leagues better so if you liked the anime you may wanna check that out.
Aug 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2018
The Lesson: Don't watch anime with high expectations because no anime is PERFECT.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Aug 22, 2021 4:56 PM
Nov 2020
resolve-machine said:
Yeah, Mappa fucked GoH over big time in the anime. It was comically bad at how rushed it was. The fights are good but I know at least a dozen other fighting anime/manga that do this concept and execute it way better in all departments. I have heard the manwha is leagues better so if you liked the anime you may wanna check that out.
not defending Mappa or something but just to correct crunchyroll is responsible to what happened to GOH Mappa is just animating
Aug 22, 2021 5:02 PM
Oct 2019
giap16 said:
blame crunchyroll. Mappa just animated it. If your still interested, I suggest reading the manhwa/webtoon.
Aug 22, 2021 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
nabillkz5 said:
resolve-machine said:
not defending Mappa or something but just to correct crunchyroll is responsible to what happened to GOH Mappa is just animating
Ah, I thought they were in charge of the entire adaptation. Thank you for clarifying, fuck crunchyroll.
Aug 22, 2021 5:05 PM

Jun 2020
same started off nice at first but eh
Aug 22, 2021 5:12 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
Nakashii- said:
giap16 said:
Don't get me wrong. I like it for the fighting. From what I've skimmed through, it seems that the manhwa goes more into detail on character backstories and such. So I will definitely be reading that.

𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Aug 22, 2021 5:13 PM
Apr 2021
Some shows aren’t meant to be super deep with crazy story tbh I just sit back and enjoy the show that kicks a lot of ass I enjoyed this show while it was airing personally
Aug 22, 2021 5:18 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
The Lesson: Don't watch anime with high expectations because no anime is PERFECT.
You right. You right. I'm still fairly new to watching anime. I haven't racked up that many in my watch list to really have the best opinions, I suppose. I have blown through a couple of fantastic series like AoT, so now I expect immediate gratification. 😆

𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Aug 22, 2021 5:19 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
ArkhamKage said:
giap16 said:
blame crunchyroll. Mappa just animated it. If your still interested, I suggest reading the manhwa/webtoon.
Yes! For sure! I am going to read it.

𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Aug 22, 2021 5:22 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
mark_montoya505 said:
Some shows aren’t meant to be super deep with crazy story tbh I just sit back and enjoy the show that kicks a lot of ass I enjoyed this show while it was airing personally
This is actually pretty spot on for how I feel about this show. I should just stick with your mindset and stop being nitpicky. :)

𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Aug 22, 2021 5:28 PM

Oct 2018
giap16 said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
You right. You right. I'm still fairly new to watching anime. I haven't racked up that many in my watch list to really have the best opinions, I suppose. I have blown through a couple of fantastic series like AoT, so now I expect immediate gratification. 😆
Even AoT bored me into death but the next seasons are amazing!!

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Aug 22, 2021 5:41 PM

Feb 2020
I honestly adored it, but the horrible pacing did ruin the experience
Am gonna definitely read the webtoon

tysm iva-🐢💜

Aug 22, 2021 5:48 PM
Sep 2019
This show wasn't ground breaking, it was okay. I liked it though.
All opinions are valid, unless they hurt people. Or suck.
Aug 22, 2021 5:53 PM
Apr 2021
giap16 said:
mark_montoya505 said:
This is actually pretty spot on for how I feel about this show. I should just stick with your mindset and stop being nitpicky. :)
if there is one important thing about going into a series it is definitely mindset, that literally affects 100% of how you are going to view a show so it is best to completely empty you mind and expect nothing from it that way the show is more likely to surprise you. Hope this helps ;)
Aug 22, 2021 7:24 PM
Aug 2021
resolve-machine said:
ummm sir for your kind informatin mappa isn't to be blamed it was crunchyroll who ordered mappa to do this
Aug 22, 2021 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
When I watched it I was like nice tournament arc style fights and near the end I was like ok so we have naruto and dragon ball baby mixed together dropped a couple times and we have this

NICE
Aug 22, 2021 9:09 PM
Feb 2021
i mean they rushed it but the manhwa is also a no brainer with a very fast pacing
Aug 22, 2021 9:32 PM
Mar 2021
It's rushed after where the main side character girl was getting married to the rich man.
Aug 22, 2021 9:36 PM

Dec 2019
yea, I was also kinda disappointed by this, did have some cool elements but I disliked most of it
Aug 23, 2021 2:25 AM
Aug 2020
resolve-machine said:
mappa saved this anime cruncyhroll destroyed it, it was their decision so people should go and read the manhwa, this was deal between webtoon and crunchyroll. Well manhwa is great it will be completed soon I am updated with the latest chapter and damn.... if this get a better adaptation for the remaining story this will turn out to be another epic. Lots of plot twist, character development, fights etc.
Aug 25, 2021 1:14 AM
Aug 2021
It took me 3 tries to get through and I fell asleep many times. The fights are pretty but carry no weight and the passing is far too quick for a short anime I thought I had finished a 24 episode anime on the 5th episode and that's not a good thing because to do so they skipped and rushed so many things
Aug 27, 2021 7:11 PM

Feb 2021
giap16 said:
It skips a ton of stuff from the manhwa so it's probably why. The animation is sick though
Aug 28, 2021 10:32 AM

Jun 2020
The pacing was bad and the story was boring. They gave a high budget and stunning animation to the wrong anime
Sep 4, 2021 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Now go cry in the corner.
Sep 4, 2021 4:49 PM
魔法少女

Nov 2020
Etherius_ZS said:
Now go cry in the corner.

Maybe I will go cry in the corner.

𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
Sep 29, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2021
Oh I didn't see find a ep which jin wo story progresses I think I watched the series wrong if not then this fking trash is 5.only fighting for 13 fking ep are you insane in 1 ep jin wo went from natsaki subaru to rimaru temptest watch this if you don't give a fk about story and just like high adrenline fighting...
Sep 29, 2021 4:47 PM

Jul 2019
To be fair, the score was low enough to tell an average viewer that this was going to be mid.
Sep 29, 2021 7:25 PM

Aug 2017
I mean Crunchyroll managed to fuck up the pacing terribly. I felt that I was basically speed-reading chapters while watching this anime, since new characters and new fight scenes get introduced so quickly after the old one. Also that one episode about marriage just felt out of place.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Nov 1, 2021 6:24 PM

Jan 2020
Same here. I was really looking forward to it.
Dec 2, 2021 12:04 AM
Apr 2021
The anime was good, but episode 11 and anything after are just… weird like, it completely changed the main character, to someone else. And the plot is just weird. At episode 9 I completely lost what the anime was about. The fights I did enjoy, I just wish it had a better end plot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 20, 2020

269 by --Kiyotaka-- »»
Apr 22, 6:51 PM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 13, 2020

289 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:59 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2020

488 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 4:54 AM

Poll: » The God of High School Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Sep 28, 2020

336 by Cheonyu »»
Mar 2, 2:52 AM

» MAPPA

BigHomieTrapa - Aug 29, 2021

11 by JamesWilli »»
Nov 25, 2023 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.