Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2021 8:43 PM
Oct 2020
I’ve heard mixed things about this adaptation of Berserk. I haven’t read the manga or seen any adaptation of it yet but I was thinking about starting this one. Should I bother watching it or just read the manga instead. I’ve just been hesitant to read the manga because it’s kind of long, but if I should just read the manga then maybe I’ll skip this anime?
Aug 21, 2021 8:52 PM
Oct 2020
This is the only good adaptation of Berserk. The problem it has is that it’s incomplete.

It’s suggested to read the manga no matter what. Starting with this anime is fine, but this anime does skip a few things.

Regardless this anime is really incredible, I would recommend it. The other anime adaptations are garbage don’t bother
Aug 21, 2021 8:53 PM
Jun 2021
pippinlockwood said:
I’ve heard mixed things about this adaptation of Berserk. I haven’t read the manga or seen any adaptation of it yet but I was thinking about starting this one. Should I bother watching it or just read the manga instead. I’ve just been hesitant to read the manga because it’s kind of long, but if I should just read the manga then maybe I’ll skip this anime?
idk about this anime but the manga is really awesome just read the manga
Aug 21, 2021 9:08 PM

May 2021
Read the manga for sure but this anime is definitely worth a watch. It only covers The Golden Age arc and the animation can be a bit rough at times but the writing is great and the music is AMAZING
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Aug 21, 2021 11:55 PM
Dec 2015
Bro read the manga then the original anime but for sure the manga first even if is not finished is one hell of a story ta read. The other remakes and movies just don’t cover much compared to the manga and they leave out important parts that are in the manga.
Aug 22, 2021 12:02 AM
Jul 2021
This 1997 version is actually really good, still nowhere near as good as the manga but I think it’s worth watching. Don’t watch the other adaptations tho.
Aug 22, 2021 1:16 AM
Feb 2021
Watch it and then read the manga, it’s really good
Aug 22, 2021 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
I haven’t read the manga besides the first chapter just to see what happens after the 1997 show but having seen that I can tell you that it’s absolutely worth a watch, it is truly fantastic. I’m sure the manga is better and there’s nothing wrong with starting there but I think starting with this show is fine because it deals with the origins of the main characters, and the arc it covers is very self contained, even if there is more story in the manga that comes after. No it isn’t complete, but I actually like that about the show, and the way it ends leaves you eager to read the manga to see what happens next, and there’s a hell of a lot of volumes to go through. So yeah, definitely give the series a watch. 10/10 shit right there, cannot recommend it enough. Watch it subbed tho, as you should always do.
Edit: After finishing the series go back and watch the first episode, it’s a whole different experience than the first time you watch it
removed-userAug 22, 2021 1:29 AM
Aug 22, 2021 1:57 AM
Dec 2020
IMO you should watch anime first and then read the manga, anime worth watching 100%
Aug 22, 2021 3:29 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
pippinlockwood said:
Like other people have said this is the one and only good adaptation of the manga. It’s the golden age arc which is adapted as well as it could be and you’ll understand what I mean if you decide to read the manga afterwords. Berserk is one of those mangas that’s drawn so beautifully that it’s nearly impossible to adapt. If you do decide to watch this adaptation a couple things to keep in mind. One skip the first episode and watch it at the end you’ll understand what I mean after finishing it. Two I would recommend reading the manga afterwords if you do end up liking this adaptation and want to continue the story. Three enjoy it as much as you can because the story will most likely never be finished due to Kentaro Mirua’s passing. RIP to a legend 🪦
Aug 22, 2021 3:35 PM

Jan 2020
The manga would be the ideal option for many but this was a decent adaptation and worth it in my opnion

Aug 22, 2021 7:56 PM
Apr 2020
pippinlockwood said:

Read the manga first. I’d say, but then also look up the OST for this adaption and listen to it while reading the manga. Then after yoh finish that give the anime a shot.
Aug 23, 2021 3:01 AM
May 2021
Mixed Feelings? 8.5 rating is mixed for you?

Don't listen to the Manga-Only snobs. This is the only Berserk Adaptation that hits the nail on the head. It covers the best parts of the Manga and keeps much of the suspense in tact - which the manga doesn't keep.
Aug 23, 2021 3:04 AM
May 2021
Pdx0116 said:
pippinlockwood said:

Read the manga first. I’d say, but then also look up the OST for this adaption and listen to it while reading the manga. Then after yoh finish that give the anime a shot.

No. Watch the Anime first then read the Manga, you won't enjoy it nearly as much otherwise. Manga has more things that'll keep you entertained and it's longer. The Anime functions as a Gateway drug for the Manga.
Aug 24, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2017
You should watch this anime (Japanese dub recommended) because it is amazing. Other adaptations are worse to say the least, so I don't know if you're mixing them up?

If you like the anime you will most likely want to read the manga too. Just be sure not to skip any chapters.
Another recommendation with the anime is to skip episode 1 for last, and start at episode 2, as the order then becomes more chronological.
Aug 27, 2021 12:04 AM

Jun 2020
Yes you should. Simple.

Manga is better but if your an anime man then you can’t go wrong here.

Even If We Painstakingly Piece Together Something Lost, It Doesn't Mean Things Will Ever go Back To How They Were - Guts

Aug 29, 2021 4:54 PM

Oct 2019
I would recommend reading the manga and stopping whenever the Golden Age arc ends to watch this anime. Then just continue with the manga. The other adaptations most likely suck compared to this one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

73 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jul 25, 2009

81 by Heos »»
May 23, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 8 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 4, 2009

43 by Lun4t1cc »»
May 13, 4:53 AM

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

513 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.