Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 25, 2021 12:54 AM

Jun 2020
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:
Here come the Steins;Gate fans

Can ask why Steins;Gate the fans never do or talk about downvoting they are one of the more chill fanbases in the top. If anything FMAB, HxH and AoT are the fanbases you should be calling out.
hxh fanbase is chill rn. If they would care about the rank they would have already spammed fruits basket with 1/10 scores to fall under hxh
Jul 25, 2021 3:30 AM

Oct 2017
"64 episodes is better than 1 movie".

Your sentence is unironically correct. Shows have a lot more time to build the universe, characters and the plot in general.

There is a reason why even IMDb has different rankings for movies and shows.
Jul 25, 2021 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Drstop said:
People say only Fullmetal Alchemist fans downvote other animes when there is Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket fans are as toxic as FMA, and they call others "toxic"
TBH, I don't even care if it ranks #1 there is already 3 seasons of Gintama in the top 10

Defending FMAB fandom much

Don't forget these lads lmao
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934668

What fanbase is the most toxic now, huh? Don't be an ignorant dude. Furuba community deals now with some haters because of their garbage troll thread from different shounen fanbases.
I'm not defending them I'm just saying they're not the only retards who downvote other animes. I've seen many retarded FMA fans just like them who were saying they should downvote Furuba, but I also saw some retarded people who were saying SoL and Shojo sucks and it should not be in the top 10, and it was their job to downvote FB
many Fruits Basket fans also do the same thing as FMA fans and rate every Furuba season 10/10 and give other animes in the top 10 a 1/10, but people act like they're innocent
every fandom is toxic, but no fandom can reach the level of toxicity of the AoT fandom
Jul 25, 2021 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
InspectorLunge said:
clare- said:
lol #2 by 50k fanboys giving perfect scores vs #1 with over 2M people MAL scores does not work at all

I have neither seen FMAB nor Gintama but this is factually correct; Gintama's final season has solely been rated by individuals who liked all the previous movies and 300+ episodes enough to sit through each one of them.. Pretty sure the "Sequel effect" is the correct term for it as defined by another MAL user in another post.

I would rather say "devoted fan effect", because I wouldn't be surprised if most of 10/10 scores given to this movie were left by people who haven't seen it yet due to this movie not being availble in their countries, hehe.

@Drstop, so every fandom have toxic lads, but AoT fandom needs to be emphasized as the one having a lot of them, as if FMAB downvoters suddenly disappeared, or Gintama trolls stopped spamming how every anime is shit compared to Gintama. Nice one, kekw. If you want to be neutral, or at least pretend to be neutral, you need to be more careful about the words you use.
Comparing FuruBa several fans downvoting FMAB after its fanatics started downvoting FuruBa to greater amount of FMAB toxic downvoters sounds also ridiculous.
✨Saint Seiya Club🌠
Jul 25, 2021 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
Adnash said:
InspectorLunge said:

I have neither seen FMAB nor Gintama but this is factually correct; Gintama's final season has solely been rated by individuals who liked all the previous movies and 300+ episodes enough to sit through each one of them.. Pretty sure the "Sequel effect" is the correct term for it as defined by another MAL user in another post.

I would rather say "devoted fan effect", because I wouldn't be surprised if most of 10/10 scores given to this movie were left by people who haven't seen it yet due to this movie not being availble in their countries, hehe.

@Drstop, so every fandom have toxic lads, but AoT fandom needs to be emphasized as the one having a lot of them, as if FMAB downvoters suddenly disappeared, or Gintama trolls stopped spamming how every anime is shit compared to Gintama. Nice one, kekw. If you want to be neutral, or at least pretend to be neutral, you need to be more careful about the words you use.
Comparing FuruBa several fans downvoting FMAB after its fanatics started downvoting FuruBa to greater amount of FMAB toxic downvoters sounds also ridiculous.
I guess you're right, they're not toxic enough to compare them with FMAB fans. I shouldn't have said that.
but when Furuba remain in the top 10 for a long time, it wouldn't be ridiculous to compare them
Jul 26, 2021 12:49 AM
Mar 2021
Nah tbh It deserves top 20 at most the movie wasn’t good ending was trash AND HOW DARE IT TOOK OUT STEINS GATE FROM TOP 3
Jul 26, 2021 4:21 AM
Sep 2020
TecHeDD said:
Nah tbh It deserves top 20 at most the movie wasn’t good ending was trash AND HOW DARE IT TOOK OUT STEINS GATE FROM TOP 3

Lmfao this dude just rated the movie a 1 without watching any of the prequels and talks about the ending. Proves how there are single digit iq fans in every community.
Jul 26, 2021 4:31 AM
Sep 2020
xZabuzax said:
I haven't watched a single episode of Gintama so I don't know how good this is but if this surpass FMAB then yeah, expect to see some massive downvoting on this because the FMAB fanboys won't have any of it.

And yeah, the Steins;Gate fanbase is the most chill fanbase at the top but as a Steins;Gate fan myself I'm quite jelly seeing Steins;Gate going down but then again, the ratings doesn't mean shit in MAL, I personally won't place FMAB in my top 100, FMAB is the most overrated garbage I've seen so far.

Every fandom has a number of idiots lurking for attention(just like the steins gate fan above).
Jul 26, 2021 8:57 AM
Nov 2016
SKKintheHouse7 said:
Every fandom has a number of idiots lurking for attention(just like the steins gate fan above).

Every fandom also has idiots giving other idiots attention (just like the idiot above me).
Jul 26, 2021 9:27 PM
Sep 2020
xZabuzax said:
SKKintheHouse7 said:

Every fandom also has idiots giving other idiots attention (just like the idiot above me).

I'm just trying to get you out of your "steins gate is the chillest fandom" bubble and people like this need to get called out for their stupidity.
Jul 26, 2021 10:16 PM
Nov 2016
SKKintheHouse7 said:
I'm just trying to get you out of your "steins gate is the chillest fandom" bubble and people like this need to get called out for their stupidity.

Well I hardly see the Steins;Gate fandom making a big fuss about losing its ranking unlike FMAB or AOT which always make a big fuss about it.

So yeah every fandom does have some people here and there that are jelly about it like me, I've just stated that in my first comment but you just needed to be a big dumbass and insult me about it when I stated the obvious already but that doesn't change the fact that the Steins;Gate fandom is still one of the chillest fandom out there you stupid moron.
Jul 26, 2021 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
Not long before FMAB fans start doing their dirty job
Jul 27, 2021 3:43 AM
Jul 2021
Personally I think if Gintama movie overthrows FMAB from rank 1 it'll be a historical event. Since FMAB has been on the top spot for over 5 years. Let's see, I'm currently supporting Gintama (because I haven't watched FMAB yet)
Jul 27, 2021 3:51 AM
Aug 2013
Does not even deserve +8.5 in my opinion. Animation was bad compared to previous seasons (excluding the last 2) and the story became bad at the end in my opinion. The whole Utsuro thing ruined Gintama. In my opinion the second movie is superior and way better. For me, this movie deserves 7/10 at max.
Jul 27, 2021 4:51 AM
Apr 2021
[quote=canary1996 message=63899670]FMAB,SG and Aot fans gonna down vote this
it's so sad
well
it will always happen anytime when an anime gets near the 1st

FMAB, SNK fandom is just toxic at its finest
Jul 27, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
Would you stop it? FMAB fandom has never downvoted anything.
This was a really good joke not gonna lie.

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jul 27, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
adnan_ said:
This was a really good joke not gonna lie.
It wasn't, FMAB fandom has yet to downvote anything but because it's the best-rated anime, it takes all the blame for something it didn't do - no-proof accusations.
Oh Is that so? Then care to explain this Lmao please write something after doing some research.
CamelBowJul 27, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 27, 2021 7:49 AM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
adnan_ said:
Oh Is that so? Then care to explain this Lmao please write something after doing some research.
What there is to explain? I see a normal ratio distribution of scores for top anime and that someone has taken a screenshot of Fruits Basket and FMAB displaying the difference in score. Yet this proves little to nothing that FMAB fandom is the one behind this. That other person's tweet proves nothing either given how easy it is to impersonate someone of a particular group to make said group look bad.

What you should explain is how its score went from 9.18 to 9.8 in about 2 days. Given how everyone was liking Fruits Basket, I can't imagine it would fall down that much if... and this may seem a crazy conspiracy - people were upvoting it and MAL's scoring system boosting recalculations kept it from staying up there any longer.
You say- 'given how easy it is to impersonate someone of a particular group to make said group look bad.' Got any proof that the guy who tweeted this was impersonating the FMAB community, if not then this impersonating thing is BS. And no a score doesn't go from 9.18 to 9.8 by only recalculations.

I ain't saying all of FMAB Fans are like this but your- FMAB fandom has never downvoted anything.' is genuinely wrong otherwise people won't slander it for no reason.

Jul 27, 2021 8:27 AM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
adnan_ said:
You say- 'given how easy it is to impersonate someone of a particular group to make said group look bad.' Got any proof that the guy who tweeted this was impersonating the FMAB community, if not then this impersonating thing is BS. And no a score doesn't go from 9.18 to 9.8 by only recalculations.

I ain't saying all of FMAB Fans are like this but your- FMAB fandom has never downvoted anything.' is genuinely wrong otherwise people won't slander it for no reason.
I didn't state he was impersonating the FMAB fandom, I meant it as a probability and that we shouldn't be judging people by a mere tweet. Unlike you, however, that by giving me the link of the thread clearly intended him as one of "many" dethroning everything that comes near FMAB. The proofs may never be found but if ever given, you'd be the one to present it to me before I do it to you as you were that started it off the contention first. Don't claim, prove it.

Yes it does. The dev team made it possible to make the rankings as accurate as possible and Fruits Basket didn't deserve the 9.18.

I haven't been given any proofs so the "FMAB fandom has never downvoted anything" stands still.
What are you even saying they literally posted the SS of downvoting Furuba as a proof and how can you say we shouldn't judge with a tweet. What?? Its not intended when its literally what you are looking, i. e., downvoting it. Well the proof is in front of you with the person admitting it but if you don't wanna accept it, I can't really do anything about it.

No it does not. This simply can be debunked by this Gintama movie itself. This movie also have lots of 10s but its rating didn't got lowered even after these many days. Furuba not deserving a 9.18 is something I agree with but not in the way its done, You can literally see increase in 1s after it dethroned FMAB. Just look at the amount of 1s from Ep12
compared to the amount of 1s after it finished airing- https://anime-stats.net/anime/show/42938

I've already provided you the proof lol.
CamelBowJul 27, 2021 8:36 AM

Jul 27, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2017
Really didn't think this movie was that great to be honest...I can't even argue that the animation was top-notch, felt quite standard to me and was really lacking in comparison to recent anime movies like Fate Heaven's Feel 3, KnY and Violet Evergarden.

Also not exactly a huge fan of the final arc in general with Utsuro being involved and just lost its charm imo. The final arc really felt like the weakest for me in terms of serious arcs for Gintama. Felt like the series has been on a downward trend since Porori-hen and even though I'm "ok" with the ending, the final arc just pales in comparison to some of the earlier ones which I absolutely adored.
Jul 27, 2021 9:24 AM
Oct 2018
Let's be honest...

there will always be an idiot or a specific group of fandons and fanbases who are a bunch of imbeciles who don't know how to accept

But the Fullmetal's fanbase on MAL are ridiculous, how many times they downvote others animes Besides every season of Gintama? this isn't first time, and have people defending? WHAT?!

Unfortunately the MAL's community cannot be taken seriously
Jul 27, 2021 10:29 AM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
adnan_ said:
What are you even saying they literally posted the SS of downvoting Furuba as a proof and how can you say we shouldn't judge with a tweet. What?? Its not intended when its literally what you are looking, i. e., downvoting it. Well the proof is in front of you with the person admitting it but if you don't wanna accept it, I can't really do anything about it.

No it does not. This simply can be debunked by this Gintama movie itself. This movie also have lots of 10s but its rating didn't got lowered even after these many days. Furuba not deserving a 9.18 is something I agree with but not in the way its done, You can literally see increase in 1s after it dethroned FMAB.

I've already provided you the proof lol.
You keep alluding to the idea a tweet of Fruits Basket stats make an actual statement and good case to affirm the FMAB fandom is the one behind this because it got dethroned for one day. How many 1s has gotten before and after the event is irrelevant if nothing connects back to FMAB fandom you keep claiming to be responsible. I can't accept something it's not true and you refuse to give me irrefutable proof because you have none. If you did then you wouldn't have given me a screenshot of a guy who had just learned where to see the stats of anime on MAL.

>You can literally see increase in 1s after it dethroned FMAB

It jumped from 9.18 to 9.8 in an instant because its score was recalculated as a bunch of illegitimate votes were given. It didn't go down slowly one by one to finally end up at the score it is now because that would've only happened if your stance on "its score dropped the moment it dethroned FMAB" was remotely correct.

Like I said in a previous post, ya'll act like this because FMAB takes the first place. Were it to be another anime, it'd be the exact scenery we are witnessing like now where you and company slander the fandom for no reason other than is the easiest fandom to cherry-pick at.
For God's Sake, scroll a bit down and You'd see one user claiming why are they giving Furuba a 1, forget it Imma give you that SS-

That graph was there to proof that the score didn't dropped only bc of recalculations, but the increase in 1s also played a key role, I never said that only FMAB fandom did all that. The SS i am providing in this reply is an irrefutable proof as the person in question is themselves admitting the reason for giving FB a 1. Every fandom do this not only FMAB and but you saying that they never do downvoting is just incorrect.

>It didn't go down slowly one by one to finally end up at the score it is now because that would've only happened if your stance on "its score dropped the moment it dethroned FMAB" was remotely correct.

I agree that there were some illegitimate 10s but You are too biased thinking that 1s didn't played any role in moving it down when its clear from the stats that it does play a role in this.

>Like I said in a previous post, ya'll act like this because FMAB takes the first place. Were it to be another anime, it'd be the exact scenery we are witnessing like now where you and company slander the fandom for no reason other than is the easiest fandom to cherry-pick at.

Did you visited FMAB forum at that time, there was literally a thread regarding this but unfortunately I can't prove this as its deleted by now.

What? How am I cherrypicking on FMAB fandom only? When did I said that ONLY FMAB Fandom do this? SnK, S;G, HxH fandom also do this ALONG WITH FMAB fandom and by fandom I only refer to the minority who do this not as a whole.

Jul 27, 2021 12:17 PM
Feb 2020
This Final movie Gintama deserve TOP 3 but no Top 1 for me even my Favourite Anime is Gintama.Just think about it,is it worth to get Ranking 1 after FMAB?.FMAB is one series and not have many season like gintama with good storyline plot and deserve to be top 1 ranking but if all Gintama series gather in one place maybe it deserve Ranking 1 more than FMAB and this is just only Gintama movie so dont be that mad if rating of Gintama movie drops other people just put rating based on their opinion about the movie not the whole gintama series
Notice:i'm not FMAB army:v
(Sorry for bad English this is just my opinion)
GinTokiChan7Jul 27, 2021 12:33 PM
Jul 27, 2021 10:32 PM

Nov 2020
Fruscio said:
You've shown that before, saw it, and debunked why doesn't prove anything in the long run. You dismiss the obvious with nothing to back up your claims but it's there and happily like always has been. You should re-read my previous replies than posting the same thing in an attempt to encounter my belief. You didn't. One person's random tweet about something you can never be sure was meant to be taken for granted cannot be irrefutable proof and with that in mind generalizing the entire fandom off of that alone. The same can be said of that "FMAB user" you mentioned about the thread, which not only makes it pointless to even mention him here since you can't "prove" what he did or was going to do but he also falls in the same category as the other guy - that you have to first prove to me they were the biggest FMAB fan and they were indeed willing to downvote anything that even dares to come closer to FMAB and then I'll admit that two FMAB fans indeed downvote Fruits Basket and perhaps other series as well. Until then, I'm in the clear.

It didn't play any massive role because the score change was done instantly. Because of 10s mass inflation, it was nearly impossible to get a sudden change looking at how in comparison of 1s and 10s was a huge difference in favor of the 10s. The point is, more people were giving high scores than low scores and therefore if were to had been a change, it would've been by 1 or 2 points and not by 10 as it occurred.

Interesting you didn't mention Gintama in your name-dropping of fandoms you think do these virulent things. Don't be afraid of facing out the truth, if there's something left, my dude.

>The same can be said of that "FMAB user" you mentioned about the thread, which not only makes it pointless to even mention him here since you can't "prove" what he did or was going to do but he also falls in the same category as the other guy - that you have to first prove to me they were the biggest FMAB fan and they were indeed willing to downvote anything that even dares to come closer to FMAB and then I'll admit that two FMAB fans indeed downvote Fruits Basket and perhaps other series as well. Until then, I'm in the clear.

Here's another Downvoter, Goodluck explaining why he gave FB Final a 1 and SNK Final a 4 without watching the previous entries- https://myanimelist.net/profile/SirTristam

>It didn't play any massive role because the score change was done instantly

What are you basing this on? Everyone on MAL knows that 1 rating hugely affect the overall score and the 1s clearly increased after E13 came out. Stop saying it does not have any massive role bc it does have a massive role esp. bc total members are way less than any other anime in Top 10.

>Interesting you didn't mention Gintama in your name-dropping of fandoms you think do these virulent things.

Bc there's not any instance of Gintama fans doing it, just Gintama S4 was once rated 9.4 but was brought down to its current rating and still no anime's score in Top 10 changed after all of this. This is enough proof that Gintama fandom does not do anything like this.

Jul 28, 2021 12:59 AM
Sep 2020
xZabuzax said:
SKKintheHouse7 said:

Well I hardly see the Steins;Gate fandom making a big fuss about losing its ranking unlike FMAB or AOT which always make a big fuss about it.

So yeah every fandom does have some people here and there that are jelly about it like me, I've just stated that in my first comment but you just needed to be a big dumbass and insult me about it when I stated the obvious already but that doesn't change the fact that the Steins;Gate fandom is still one of the chillest fandom out there you stupid moron.

How did I insult you lmao? I just showed you an example of a fan that rated the final movie a 1 without watching any of the prequels. If you thought I was calling you an idiot you misunderstood, it was the person above that I was referring to.
Jul 28, 2021 1:18 AM
Nov 2016
SKKintheHouse7 said:
xZabuzax said:

How did I insult you lmao? I just showed you an example of a fan that rated the final movie a 1 without watching any of the prequels. If you thought I was calling you an idiot you misunderstood, it was the person above that I was referring to.

Oh, I thought you called me an idiot for being jelly about it, it seems that I misunderstood you then.

My apologies mate.
Jul 29, 2021 3:24 AM
Oct 2018
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
Does not even deserve +8.5 in my opinion. Animation was bad compared to previous seasons (excluding the last 2) and the story became bad at the end in my opinion. The whole Utsuro thing ruined Gintama. In my opinion the second movie is superior and way better. For me, this movie deserves 7/10 at max.
Understandable.
Jul 29, 2021 2:06 PM
Jan 2021
Theo1899 said:
I don't think it's good enough to rank this high tbqh. It's the worst gintama imo.
gimme some of the stuff you smoking
Jul 30, 2021 7:23 AM

Dec 2018
The question is why ranking and votes number are the same for 2 weeks, MAL frezzing ratings or something?
Jul 30, 2021 11:01 AM
Feb 2021
I don’t think it’s highly likely that it will rank to 1 and if it did the FMAB fandom will put 1/10 on it. Did you see what they did to fruits basket…
Jul 30, 2021 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Does FMAB voting every anime 1/10 every time it gets a high scoring prove that MAL scores are meaningless? Or at least the Top 10?
Jul 30, 2021 12:20 PM

Aug 2017
abpg said:
I don’t think it’s highly likely that it will rank to 1 and if it did the FMAB fandom will put 1/10 on it. Did you see what they did to fruits basket…

FMAB score went from 9.17 to 9.16 now.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 30, 2021 12:31 PM
Feb 2021
Nurguburu said:
abpg said:

FMAB score went from 9.17 to 9.16 now.

Yea I saw I wonder why?
Jul 30, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2019
Stop comparing ratings with 10K votes.

Gintama Final have 10K Votes which most of them fans completed every season not dropped halfway through it.

Fullmetal Alchemist doesn't have sequel or prequel and have 1.5 Million Votes

I'm sorry Gintama fans but if Gintama had 1.5 Million Votes like FMAB actual score probably would be below 8 because Gintama is not for everyone but FMAB is a classic.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jul 31, 2021 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Okeanix said:
Stop comparing ratings with 10K votes.

Gintama Final have 10K Votes which most of them fans completed every season not dropped halfway through it.

Fullmetal Alchemist doesn't have sequel or prequel and have 1.5 Million Votes

I'm sorry Gintama fans but if Gintama had 1.5 Million Votes like FMAB actual score probably would be below 8 because Gintama is not for everyone but FMAB is a classic.

Exactly, this only proves that MAL formula for ranking does not work or atleast it needs some tweaking imo
Aug 2, 2021 8:51 AM
Aug 2021
WHY SCORE IS NOT DECREASING OR INCREASING IS IT STUCKED?
Aug 2, 2021 10:36 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked
Score threads don't encourage discussion, only arguments between people who liked and disliked the show.

Anime Discussion rules said:

2.γ€€Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
[...]
e.γ€€MAL community data
e.g.γ€€Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g.γ€€Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

myth720 - Jan 10, 2021

181 by PsychicSensor »»
Apr 30, 7:29 PM

» Is there any chance....

DarkGamerA - Nov 7, 2021

14 by KeiMiyashiro »»
Apr 30, 3:17 AM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM

» Kurokono Tasuke

Jozuwa-_- - Apr 25, 2023

6 by MikeyFromCali »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.