Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 22, 2021 1:21 AM
Jun 2020
TheStarrySnow said:
NetiSuper said:
I’ve never seen someone be so wrong in my whole life. Man just said it’s the worst gintama, bro did we watch the same movie??? The animation was breathtaking and the best it’s ever been, voice acting was top tier just like always, the comedy was hilarious and the parodies were gold (i mean silver), the music was awesome and the characters were the best part. I don’t get what you didn’t like it has literally everything and it’s the perfect ending to the perfect show.

Maybe the actual *plot*?
Bro this is baffling to me, gintama was never a plot driven show it has always been a character based anime, sure the plot may be generic this time around but the other things shine so brightly that the plot doesn’t need to be amazing and what do you expect it’s the ending of the series you don’t need major plot twists and new stuff, you got enough of that already, this just ties all of the loose ends together really nicely and ends the character arcs of takasugi and utsuro/shoyo in the best way possible, that’s why it’s a masterpiece.
Jul 22, 2021 1:46 AM
Sep 2020
Just so you guys know, 70% of the manga from the point they started adapting got skipped. But I don't blame them, there were 100s of pages worth of material they had to adapt into a 100 min movie. BNP did a great job adding original scenes and the last fight was amazing but the moments weren't even close to as impactful as it was in the manga because they skipped most of the dialogues and interactions. It was a good movie and a deserved ending but I don't think it deserves a rating more that 8 really. It could've been wayyy better if they tried to animate the last few chapters into a series so that everything could've been covered well and then the ratings would be a bit more deserved.
Jul 22, 2021 1:49 AM
Sep 2020
Also to the fans who've loved the movie, pls read the manga because they've skipped the entire bit of the disciples before they entered the terminal and there were a lot of fire moments. A lot of the dialogues and panels about other side characters were not adapted. So if you read the manga the enjoyment would be expotentially higher.
Jul 22, 2021 2:04 AM

Aug 2020
ManWild said:
Deserved. Obviously it's gonna receive a bunch of 1/10s now but whatever

True it happens everytime
Jul 22, 2021 2:08 AM

Dec 2019
SKKintheHouse7 said:
Also to the fans who've loved the movie, pls read the manga because they've skipped the entire bit of the disciples before they entered the terminal and there were a lot of fire moments. A lot of the dialogues and panels about other side characters were not adapted. So if you read the manga the enjoyment would be expotentially higher.

Can't really blame the movie, it should had been adapted into another semi-final episode.
Jul 22, 2021 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
*insert impulsive comment stating that MAL ratings are useless, they don't matter, and that you're a dumb human being for even wanting to discuss such topic*
Jul 22, 2021 5:05 AM

Jan 2020
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:
Here come the Steins;Gate fans

Can ask why Steins;Gate the fans never do or talk about downvoting they are one of the more chill fanbases in the top. If anything FMAB, HxH and AoT are the fanbases you should be calling out.

If you are going to correct a false thing, then at least be true when you are saying other things, HxH fanbase is as chill as SG, it's just FMAB and AoT fanbase. And it's minority in those fanbase too
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Jul 22, 2021 5:09 AM

Feb 2020
Kiyotaka696 said:
CyborgSaber said:

Can ask why Steins;Gate the fans never do or talk about downvoting they are one of the more chill fanbases in the top. If anything FMAB, HxH and AoT are the fanbases you should be calling out.

If you are going to correct a false thing, then at least be true when you are saying other things, HxH fanbase is as chill as SG, it's just FMAB and AoT fanbase. And it's minority in those fanbase too

Speaking from personal experience the hxh fandom is not chill in any way. They are extremely toxic towards anyone who says hxh isn't that good. Yeah you are right it is the minority and these fans exist in every fandom.
Jul 22, 2021 5:10 AM

Dec 2019
Kiyotaka696 said:
CyborgSaber said:

To be fair, you don't need to pledge yourself to a certain fanbase to downvote something.
It's more of a "I don't like it so i'll downvote it, and i'll boost my favorites while i'm at it."
Jul 22, 2021 5:30 AM

Jan 2021
I've been inactive for 3 days, and this is the first discussion I've seen?
Jul 22, 2021 5:40 AM

Dec 2019
Lisstaa said:
I've been inactive for 3 days, and this is the first discussion I've seen?

since you're still watching gintama, i think you might want to stay away from these dangerous waters lmao.
Jul 22, 2021 6:25 AM
Aug 2014
NetiSuper said:
TheStarrySnow said:

Maybe the actual *plot*?
Bro this is baffling to me, gintama was never a plot driven show it has always been a character based anime, sure the plot may be generic this time around but the other things shine so brightly that the plot doesn’t need to be amazing and what do you expect it’s the ending of the series you don’t need major plot twists and new stuff, you got enough of that already, this just ties all of the loose ends together really nicely and ends the character arcs of takasugi and utsuro/shoyo in the best way possible, that’s why it’s a masterpiece.

I'd argue the ending of a franchise *should* have a stronger plot than ever. Also, plot doesn't mean "major plot twist and new stuff".

You're right it's never been a plot-driven anime but the arcs in the first few seasons have always been strung together very coherently and should not be written off as "plot doesn't matter". It would be a huge disservice to what Gintama has done.

Completely ignoring everything I said, the most important part, is how you don't understand how someone can have this at the bottom. It shouldn't be too hard to understand how someone can not love something.
Jul 22, 2021 6:37 AM
Jun 2020
GiantQAACSleier said:
NetiSuper said:

I'd argue the ending of a franchise *should* have a stronger plot than ever. Also, plot doesn't mean "major plot twist and new stuff".

You're right it's never been a plot-driven anime but the arcs in the first few seasons have always been strung together very coherently and should not be written off as "plot doesn't matter". It would be a huge disservice to what Gintama has done.

Completely ignoring everything I said, the most important part, is how you don't understand how someone can have this at the bottom. It shouldn't be too hard to understand how someone can not love something.
You’re right i was exaggerating a bit there but really if you got past gintama in the beginning than I don’t understand what you don’t like this late in the game, it had everything that makes gintama great.
Jul 22, 2021 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
CyborgSaber said:
epkori said:

None of the fans from any top anime talk about downvoting, only a few trolls. Steins;Gate fans are not free from this problem (I am saying as s;g is my favorite anime), but they are just a few people like in FMAB, HxH, AoT, Gintama, etc fanbase.

No AoT and FMAB fans do talk about downvoting even on other forms of media like Reddit and Twitter I saw it when Fruits Basket took the number 1 spot. Yeah some might be trolling but it does happen so some have to be telling the truth. I'm not saying SG fans don't do this I was just curious why he called them out specifically they are more chill than the other fanbases in the top that's all. This is coming from a fan of most of the anime in the top I'm in the middle of Gintama now.

where do they even talk about this? Twitter, well that's the most cancer platform of the anime community, so I don't really use it. I am sure that whoever does that are just a few people, you cannot blame on a whole fandom (especially when it is dead I am talking about FMA, just as S;G fandom is). But after all very, very few people do this, and also Fruits Basket fans were doing this, for example, after FB fell from the ladder, FMAB got like 1000 1's, considering that it aired 12 years ago!
Jul 22, 2021 6:54 AM
Dec 2020
Silver_dude said:
Even that I am a huge fan of Gintama but I really think the final movie is being overrated. Even though FMA doesn't deserve to be in the top 30.
Anyway, it's a matter of time until the fanboys downvote the movie for the sake of keeping their anime (FMA, AOT, FB) on the top

bruh.. why would you say fruits basket fandom will downvote? its always fma who comes up with the 1 star spamming
Jul 22, 2021 8:04 AM
Feb 2017
NetiSuper said:

You know it's ok to dislike certain aspects of your series right? You don't need to be undyingly loyal. Silver Soul arc and the aftermath were kinda lame. Especially with his the aftermath just devolved into a beat em up again
It's Aiko!!!!
Jul 22, 2021 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
Two of top 3 in current top anime have the final in their name.
TheStarrySnow said:
NetiSuper said:

You know it's ok to dislike certain aspects of your series right? You don't need to be undyingly loyal. Silver Soul arc and the aftermath were kinda lame. Especially with his the aftermath just devolved into a beat em up again

We were spoiled with some god-tier arcs like Courtesan arc, SA arc, FS arc, and probably Rakuyou arc. A slightly below par arc and this is happened lol.
Jul 22, 2021 8:56 AM
Jun 2020
TheStarrySnow said:
NetiSuper said:

It’s not my series and i don’t like elitism but i just would like to know why you think that, you are saying you don’t like it without any reason and that’s what i have a problem with.
Jul 22, 2021 9:13 AM
Jun 2020
_BeMine_ said:
NetiSuper said:
Still bro I don’t understand why you think it’s worse than other parts, pacing? I could understand if you said SA or FA were better than this but you are saying all of gintama witch is clearly wrong.

Nah, it's not the worst though it's far from being the best for me.

The pacing is one reason. Even simple arcs, if all scenes are properly timed and focused accordingly, could become a masterpiece. I just think that if it were in the usual 24-minutes episodes format they could've taken more time to focus on each scene and give proper spotlight to each of the characters especially since this is the very last episode. This matters a lot especially since Gintoki himself said that the whole casts makes the main character of Gintama. I get that Joui4 is the MVP of this arc, but they overshadow the other casts a bit too much. I don't really get the feeling of everyone's importance as much as the 2nd movie while still being able to highlight the main trio and

My other reason is actually the "too-polished" style which I noticed since the two semi-final episodes. As someone who prefers art style consistency, I'm a bit bothered by it. I just prefer SA which has many wacky frames over this. But that's just me nitpicking.

But I'll have to rewatch it when BD ver comes out because may be the sense of being overwhelmed was partly due to having it watched on the movies. Might change my mind later on.

No worries though, still rated it a 10/10 since it's still a masterpiece regardless.
Yeah you’re right the second movie gave better closure to the supporting cast that’s not the main trio but that was when gintama was nowhere near finished, i feel like the supporting characters all had their moments to shine prior to this movie and this was only the ending for takasugi and shoyo which i liked.

I get why you would not like this polished up style because I didn’t at first either but the moment where

Yeah i rewatched half of it (because the site i was watching it at first had shit audio quality which is a no no when you talk about gintama) and i liked it even more than the first time, i will probably like it even more every time i rewatch it.
Jul 22, 2021 9:30 AM

May 2021
NetiSuper said:
Yeah you’re right the second movie gave better closure to the supporting cast that’s not the main trio but that was when gintama was nowhere near finished, i feel like the supporting characters all had their moments to shine prior to this movie and this was only the ending for takasugi and shoyo which i liked.

For similar durations, the 2nd movie doesn't have as much going on as the final movie. The way it is now is probably the best anyone can do in such a limited duration anyway. And at least they know to focus on the most crucial scenes although it had to sacrifice the less (but not by much) important ones.

NetiSuper said:
I get why you would not like this polished up style because I didn’t at first either but the moment where

There are scenes that I actually felt okay with the new style, but my brain just won't stop giving me the what ifs it were done in previous style. I definitely need to re-watch in hopes I'd somehow manage to get used to it by then.

『ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

𝐀𝐬𝐤, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ』
Jul 22, 2021 10:40 AM

Feb 2020
I need to get on with completing gintama.
Happy for gintama fans
Gintama is a very good adaptation which was adapted to completion, so I think its deserved more than most. (though there a too many gintama)

Now top 3 of mal represent completed adaptation (instead of half stories incomplete adaptations)
AdampkJul 22, 2021 10:46 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 22, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2021
Okeanix said:
I don'T care FMAB

but not single Gintama deserve to be in Top100.

Tbh okeanix sama, the first season and 4 devas arc was actually good.

But as a gintama enjoyer, yeah its pretty overrated ngl.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did i become a boomer or new seasonals animes are not hitting the spot anymore ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 22, 2021 2:46 PM

May 2015
Stop caring about MAL ratings. Problem solved. If it was massively rated negatively, I'd get it but it's just fans enjoying the sendoff. Even if it was #1, it would be hard pressed to call it the best thing ever. Many feel that way about FMAB but its legacy is strong enough to keep it at #1 here

Jul 22, 2021 3:52 PM
Jun 2021
Jevasamy said:
Tristanalt said:
Wel MAL updated the ratings and now Gintama The Final is ranked #2. Do you guys think it can be rank 1? My thoughts are that it can and it probably will be rank 1 but then it's going to go down because of the Fullmetal Alchemist Fandom.

It will create a war between two big fandoms .. Massive fandoms .

If it will then gintama will be destroyed easily, the only reason gintama sequels is this high even though only few people watched compared to almost any top 100, is that many people dropped it at the Og Gintama. Those cheeky little fmab fanbois will cleverly put reviews which will look like the real ones, so that the mal team doesn't actually realise it's fake reviews, that's how they brought down many good animes from top spots. Even though fmab is no where near as good as Gintama
Jul 22, 2021 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
Jevasamy said:
It will create a war between two big fandoms .. Massive fandoms .

I am not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of both Gintama and FMAB fandom, but I feel bad equally for any anime that gets downvoted by FMAB fanatics.

It hasn't happened yet, but let's be real - it might happen soon. 0.02 difference is small enough to enrage some "FMAB devoted fans" to act like little kids and give that movie that they never saw 1/10 scores.

Anyway, I heard the movie was good. I read some reviews, even though I'm not a fan of the franchise. I wish y'all to not be downvoted by that toxic side of FMAB fandom.
Jul 22, 2021 11:51 PM

Jun 2015
CyborgSaber said:
TheStarrySnow said:
Here come the Steins;Gate fans

It's always action shonen fans that are immature.
Jul 23, 2021 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
Yes. FMAB fans are going to start doing their dirty job again
Jul 23, 2021 1:39 AM

Aug 2020
The FMAB cunts are gonna start it again. Last time with Fruits Basket, I saw how fucking childish they were. Now they are gonna do it again.
Jul 23, 2021 1:50 AM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched a single episode of Gintama so I don't know how good this is but if this surpass FMAB then yeah, expect to see some massive downvoting on this because the FMAB fanboys won't have any of it.

And yeah, the Steins;Gate fanbase is the most chill fanbase at the top but as a Steins;Gate fan myself I'm quite jelly seeing Steins;Gate going down but then again, the ratings doesn't mean shit in MAL, I personally won't place FMAB in my top 100, FMAB is the most overrated garbage I've seen so far.
Jul 23, 2021 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Idc about the score, the movie was just epic
Jul 23, 2021 2:57 PM

Oct 2017
Can children learn to stfu about unnecessarily antagonising FMAB?
Jul 23, 2021 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
People say only Fullmetal Alchemist fans downvote other animes when there is Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket fans are as toxic as FMA, and they call others "toxic"
TBH, I don't even care if it ranks #1 there is already 3 seasons of Gintama in the top 10
Jul 23, 2021 4:04 PM

Oct 2013
Naranjitroll said:
If FMAB fans do the same they did with furuba The Final it's gonna be shameful

Why would they spare Gintama, lol? I'm afraid that once Gintama: The Final reaches the score equal or even a score that is 0.01 below FMAB's mean score, FMAB fanatics might start to downvote the show.

The history already proved that overtaking FMAB can't be treated as the only reason that might enrage FMAB fanatics to launch massive downvoting action towards any show that "dares" to be a threat to FMAB on the toplist.

@Bunille, noone is antagonising anyone, at least not most of users that wrote anything in this thread. It's just stating facts. FMAB fanatics proved for multiple times in the past with their actions that whether an anime gets a high mean score, it's not a question of "will they start downvoting it?" anymore, but rather "when will they start downvoting it?"...
Jul 23, 2021 5:47 PM

Oct 2018
Drstop said:
People say only Fullmetal Alchemist fans downvote other animes when there is Fruits Basket. Fruits Basket fans are as toxic as FMA, and they call others "toxic"
TBH, I don't even care if it ranks #1 there is already 3 seasons of Gintama in the top 10

Defending FMAB fandom much

Don't forget these lads lmao
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1934668

What fanbase is the most toxic now, huh? Don't be an ignorant dude. Furuba community deals now with some haters because of their garbage troll thread from different shounen fanbases.
Natsuki_SanJuanJul 23, 2021 6:02 PM

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 23, 2021 6:28 PM

Mar 2021
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
Drstop said:

What fanbase is the most toxic now, huh? Don't be an ignorant dude. Furuba community deals now with some haters because of their garbage troll thread from different shounen fanbases.

You see I’ll like to link you the thread start by the FB alt acc shitting on gitama rate but mods already took care of it. Don’t act like FB trolls is any more innocent in this brain dead rating war. Look at the 4.0% of 1s Gintama have rn it’s coming from various fanbase including your holy Furuba.
Jul 23, 2021 7:41 PM

Oct 2018
LustKamisama said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:

You see I’ll like to link you the thread start by the FB alt acc shitting on gitama rate but mods already took care of it. Don’t act like FB trolls is any more innocent in this brain dead rating war. Look at the 4.0% of 1s Gintama have rn it’s coming from various fanbase including your holy Furuba.
That's why I said a while ago that no one fanbases are saints. It's a chain of hatred and it will never stop. I say that FMAB fanbase are the most toxic because fanboys would go THAT FAR to do downvote anything. Well... I'll wait for this guy in twitter to post this kind of shit when Gintama movie is #1, if he/she don't, well I'll be damn because it was consider as a racist.

― Natsume Takashi
Jul 24, 2021 4:29 AM
Apr 2021
It's not even best gintama lmao,gintama° is still the best for me,why this shi is so high?i don't even know to say
Jul 24, 2021 4:33 AM

Dec 2019
ParisLuxure said:
It's not even best gintama lmao,gintama° is still the best for me,why this shi is so high?i don't even know to say

if you look at the highest score Gintama° or Gintama' ever reached, this is nothing.
The score of both seasons were heavily battered throughout the years, while the final is freshly out this year + high sequel effect
Jul 24, 2021 6:11 AM
Oct 2019
Tristanalt said:
Wel MAL updated the ratings and now Gintama The Final is ranked #2. Do you guys think it can be rank 1? My thoughts are that it can and it probably will be rank 1 but then it's going to go down because of the Fullmetal Alchemist Fandom.

Nah I feel a mass downvote coming soon :(
Vai03Jul 24, 2021 6:16 AM
Jul 24, 2021 6:18 AM
Oct 2019
cchigu said:
The only Gintama that deserves number 1 is Gintama 2011.

Gintama 2015 topped that, in terms of serious arcs atleast.
Jul 24, 2021 6:20 AM

Feb 2021
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
LustKamisama said:

That's why I said a while ago that no one fanbases are saints. It's a chain of hatred and it will never stop. I say that FMAB fanbase are the most toxic because fanboys would go THAT FAR to do downvote anything. Well... I'll wait for this guy in twitter to post this kind of shit when Gintama movie is #1, if he/she don't, well I'll be damn because it was consider as a racist.

It's the same for everyone, FMAB fans are not necessarily the most toxic, in proportions they are the least toxic, only like 100 people from their fandom do things like this, their fanbase easily has more than 3 million members. But FMAB suffers a bias against it, every fandom pinpoints the whole blame on FMAB and thus they all downvote it together, nobody really talks about this but everyone is practically a hypocrite.
Jul 24, 2021 4:27 PM

Jul 2019
with 14k complete it doesn't even deserve to be in the list
Jul 24, 2021 5:04 PM

Aug 2016
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
I say that FMAB fanbase are the most toxic because fanboys would go THAT FAR to do downvote anything. Well... I'll wait for this guy in twitter to post this kind of shit when Gintama movie is #1, if he/she don't, well I'll be damn because it was consider as a racist.

I don't agree. Look at the stats of FMAB and take a look at how much 1's it got. Around 20k downvoted it, then compare it to other anime in the top10: AoT, Steins;Gate or HunterXHunter. They got some 1's too, but not as much as FMAB... so why again should they (the FMAB fanbase) be the most toxic ones?

Oh and of course you can do your own research:
Check this link https://myanimelist.net/anime/39486/Gintama__The_Final/stats?m=all#members
There you can look at all votes. You can look at all the profiles who gave the anime a 1 (sometimes the access to their list is restricted tho).
I looked at some, and it seems that Steins;Gate and AoT fans are more likely to downvote...
AzazinJul 24, 2021 5:40 PM
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jul 24, 2021 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
_HEDI_ said:
with 14k complete it doesn't even deserve to be in the list

Well, that's how the toplist works like, hehe. Although I would be rather worried about how many people who haven't seen the movie yet already left their score, being usually 10/10, because it's a movie belonging to the franchise they are the fans of.

It is not of course an unique situation, or something that can be applied only to Gintama's fandom, because that kind of things happen from time to time. The case is, not every movie belonging to a popular franchise gets that kind of high mean score when most of people prolly didn't even seen it, lol. Because how would you explain people asking "when I will be able to watch this movie?" while the same people shortly before asking that question scored Gintama: The Final for 10/10? ;p
Jul 24, 2021 6:45 PM

Jul 2019
Azazin said:
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
I say that FMAB fanbase are the most toxic because fanboys would go THAT FAR to do downvote anything. Well... I'll wait for this guy in twitter to post this kind of shit when Gintama movie is #1, if he/she don't, well I'll be damn because it was consider as a racist.

I don't agree. Look at the stats of FMAB and take a look at how much 1's it got. Around 20k downvoted it, then compare it to other anime in the top10: AoT, Steins;Gate or HunterXHunter. They got some 1's too, but not as much as FMAB... so why again should they (the FMAB fanbase) be the most toxic ones?

Oh and of course you can do your own research:
Check this link https://myanimelist.net/anime/39486/Gintama__The_Final/stats?m=all#members
There you can look at all votes. You can look at all the profiles who gave the anime a 1 (sometimes the access to their list is restricted tho).
I looked at some, and it seems that Steins;Gate and AoT fans are more likely to downvote...

lol just wait until Gintama The Final hits number 1 spot, then FMAB fans will start their usual shitshow again.

hOw cAn aNyThiNg BeSiDes fMa cAN bE nuMBeR oNe?!?!?1?!?!?!3 dOWnVotE iT wiTh aLL oF yOuR 10 aLt aCcOuNTs!!!!1!!1!11!!1!!1
Jul 24, 2021 9:13 PM
Jan 2021
The movie was good but it doesn't deserve the #1 spot,hell! it doesn't even come at top #5,crazy gintama fans just spamming it with perfect score so that it can get a boost up...
Sooner or later it will fall down.
Jul 24, 2021 9:48 PM

Jan 2013
lol #2 by 50k fanboys giving perfect scores vs #1 with over 2M people MAL scores does not work at all
Jul 24, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2021
lul #2 fake ranking with 50k fanboy don't even seen/watch the movie but still gave it 10 scores
Jul 24, 2021 11:58 PM

Oct 2017
clare- said:
lol #2 by 50k fanboys giving perfect scores vs #1 with over 2M people MAL scores does not work at all

I have neither seen FMAB nor Gintama but this is factually correct; Gintama's final season has solely been rated by individuals who liked all the previous movies and 300+ episodes enough to sit through each one of them.. Pretty sure the "Sequel effect" is the correct term for it as defined by another MAL user in another post.
Jul 25, 2021 12:15 AM

Oct 2018
InspectorLunge said:
clare- said:

I have neither seen FMAB nor Gintama but this is factually correct; Gintama's final season has solely been rated by individuals who liked all the previous movies and 300+ episodes enough to sit through each one of them.. Pretty sure the "Sequel effect" is the correct term for it as defined by another MAL user in another post.
Remember what happened to Your Name when it was in top spot? I'm sure many will not accept when this movie overtakes FMAB because "64 episodes is better than 1 movie".

― Natsume Takashi
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: The Final Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

myth720 - Jan 10, 2021

184 by ILorD1st »»
Jul 15, 8:36 AM

» All done with Gintama!

RahulSenpai - May 5

21 by KatoJoro »»
May 17, 10:19 AM

» Is there any chance....

DarkGamerA - Nov 7, 2021

14 by KeiMiyashiro »»
Apr 30, 3:17 AM

» Kinda disappointed

MikeyFromCali - May 7, 2022

49 by goaTMaru »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

» Can someone explain me how gintoki killed utsuro?

DENAM_106 - Jun 26, 2023

1 by Dumb »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.