Forum Settings
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2021 11:24 PM

Feb 2018
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
This is an interesting volume, I like how the author explains the situation of each familia. This time Freya Familia vs Orario....Bell join Freya Familia. I really miss typing the previous chapters. For now the Seer has been discovered, the identity of the Seer is the Goddess Freya. In this volume Freya begins to carry out her plan, Freya Familia wants to get Bell. Freya repeatedly teased Bell, Freya told Bell that Bell would actually be popular if Bell was good at seducing a girl. Freya told Bell to put her hand on Freya's shoulder. Freya told Bell to hold her chin and kiss Freya. Bell rejected Freya, Bell suddenly remembered Syr, Syr had disappeared and Bell remembered Syr when Bell was alone with Freya. Freya didn't want Bell to remember another girls when they were alone, Bell was angry. Freya started the plan and Freya used charms on everyone, the effect of realistic was now stronger. As a result, Freya Familia is now fighting Orario.

Hedin vs Bell, Hedin tortured Bell during practice repeatedly. Hedin injured Bell even though this was considered an exercise. Ryuu met with Freya. Freya told Ryuu that Ryuu could have Bell with Freya. Freya wants to invite Ryuu to have sex with Bell, let's just say Threesome. Ryu refuses, Ryuu is now being held captive in the dungeon but Ryuu manages to escape. Almost the entire Freya Familia went to Babylon to confront Loki Familia. Helum tried meeting Bell, Helun was about to kill Bell, Helun and Bell fell, Helun strangled Bell but Helun didn't want to kill Bell. Helun just wanted to say that Bell shouldn't have met Freya because Helun didn't want Freya to feel tortured. Helun betrayed Freya, now Helun turned into Syr and Helun somehow managed to heal her own wound. Helun is the Castle of the gods, Bell hugs the Goddess. Helun and Bell went to Freya's room, Helun met Otar.

Bell went to Freya's room, Freya admitted that Freya was Syr who had been with Bell (Hostess of Fertility). Syr's character is dead but Helun is Syr whereas Helun is still alive. Freya wanted to ask Bell for help. Bell didn't know what to say, Freya told Bell that Freya could make everyone in Orario turn against Bell or Hestia Familia. For a moment Bell's back was burning, It was a status taken by Freya. From behind the window was a blinding light, it was Hestia's purification ritual. Hestia and Hermes worked together for this purification ritual, Freya's plan to control everyone in Orario with her charms had a weakness. As a result, if the world is distorted, there will be no summoned heroes even to fight the black dragon.

Freya realized that, if no heroes were summoned then Freya would make Bell a hero and fight the black dragon. But that didn't go according to plan, now Hestia made the city of Orario a furnace or a pot. Hestia will ignite a fire and perform a purification ritual for the entire population of Orario so that they can be freed from Freya's charm. Freya calls herself the Goddess of love, whereas Freya is the Goddess of beauty.

Charm as a Goddess of Beauty, Freya is able to charm Gods, mortals and even monsters, dead or alive, with her beauty. In addition, she can even overwrite the charms of other Goddesses of Beauty, such as when she charmed Tammuz Belili, who had already been charmed by Ishtar. The area of effect is huge as she enveloped the whole of Orario with it. She is said to be able to take over the entire mortal realm if she ever so chooses. Only Bell and Hestia have been shown to be able to resist it due to his skill Liaris Freese and being one of the three Virgin Goddess respectively.

This was Freya's defeat, Freya's plan failed. If everyone in Orario was freed from Freya's charm then this would be a complete defeat for Freya. Currently Hestia is in the sky of Orario, more precisely on the tower of Babel, The Tower of Babel was the closest place to heaven, and Hestia thought that the Tower of Babel was a sacred altar to her. Hestia who was currently flying in the sky of Orario cast a spell, Magic circles are visible in the sky of Orario. And some light appeared from below, Hestia who was considered a useless Goddess was now showing her power. Hestia's power that not many other gods or goddesses know about. If Freya keeps the Babel tower then Hestia's victory will be very difficult, so Freya should focus more on guarding the Babel tower.

Hestia casting the spell was Dios Aedes Vesta / Purification fire. Ryuu vs Hogni, Aiz came to help Ryuu. Now Aiz remembers that Bell is not a member of the Freya Familia, now Dios Aedes Vesta has reached the entire population of Orario, and the charm effect is slowly disappearing. The state of Hestia Familia's mansion has now subsided, and all members are sorry for what they have done to Bell. Loki was angry and ordered all members of the Loki Familia to surround Freya Familia. Hestia and Asfi descended from the sky and broke the glass in Freya's room. Hestia asked Freya what Freya would do next.

Loki declared a declaration, it was a war game. Freya also thought the same thing, Freya would risk everything that Freya Familia achieved as the strongest Familia in Orario in this war game. Freya asked for waivers, Hestia Familia could invite any Famila to help in this war game. Before Bell accepted the war game invitation, Bell wanted to make a condition, If Bell wins then Bell wants to meet Syr, the true form of Freya. Freya accepts it and this will be the biggest war game in history, Now Orario will witness the biggest War Game, they even call this war game as Faction War.

Freya Familia vs Everybody (All Familia in Orario, including Hestia Familia.) damn, End of Volume 17~
Oct 31, 2022 1:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Quite long, not as much as volume 14, but really, waiting this long between it being released and then translation... TOO FUCKING LONG, volume 18 will come in January next year, and will be even longer, hopefully translation wont take 2 years, yen press needs to get their shit together...

Behind volume 14 and Xenos arc, this volume was almost as good, if not as good in certain moments, the problem is that it feels so different, so not easy to make comparisons.
First, I really liked volume 15 for the epilogue that it provided for vol14, but outside, too much side stories for me, so when I read volume 16 in preparation for the release of this, I was happy that despite no more dungeon exploring, we got to focus on Syr and finnally getting into Freya's arc, that volume was just a warm up thought, things go insane on this volume.

All the extra detail and development for Freya familia was very interesting, the structure of their Familia and the lore, it is easy to see now why they are still a top Familia despite not doing that many dungeon expeditions, like Loki does.

Things should have become more clear for everyone now, the Syr we know and loved was always Freya, simple, at some point the roles inverted and what she previously considered just roleplaying started to feel real to her, and genuine.
I was always interested in how would the author deal with Freya since the start of the series, and this was an ingenous move, Freya/Syr quickly become one of my favorite characters, I can not agree with her methods but her eagerness and pure love for someone, to the point of putting this much in the line, I can not spite on that, while Hestia had a cool scene on this volume near the end, I feel in this volume, Freya easily overshadows Hestia, was never much of a fan of the later, and now if I was asked, Freya would be my favorite, and afterwords Loki.

Kinda wanted Syr to win in her love for Bell, development between both 16 and 17 was just that good, but it is clear we will have Aiz x Bell, which I m still quite fine with.
Fascinating volume to read, seeing this clash of wills between Bell and Freya was long in the making and exceeded my expectations!
The last chapter, Double Role I is a big reason while I like her character so much, to see love matters handled this way, with proper maturity it was rewarding to wait this long to finally read, Bell is still a child, but he comes up with some rather genuine and moving lines, it could feel corny and retarded, and probably it will if this arc gets and adaptation, but within the LN, the context is there to make me care.

High praise for Freya, to finally finding something she truly wants to give herself fully to with no compromises, her Odr, her armor is taken of, this is it for her, the real her... but we all know next volume is time for some spanking!
Also, who the fuck it was that freed Ryu, it was not clear I think...

Genius plot twist IMO, cant wait to see what the writter has planned for vol18, but I might read a summary cuz I wont be waiting years for the translation of the next volume!

9.3/10= 9
Mar 15, 2023 12:38 AM

Apr 2020
better pacing this time around
vol 15 was just fking side stories
vol 16 was fking so slow and I felt kinda stupid to read it
vol 17 was much better but still, i think writing too much, 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 18 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Apr 3, 2023

2 by skyhei1995 »»
Apr 20, 2:28 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka Volume 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Sep 1, 2014

3 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Feb 22, 8:28 AM

» How many more volumes?

RealityChanges - Aug 13, 2023

1 by majin_mark505 »»
Aug 13, 2023 9:37 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 16 Discussion

Zaphkiel_El_Rem - Sep 15, 2021

1 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:45 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Volume 15 Discussion

FireFistYK - Dec 1, 2020

3 by Playcool »»
Aug 17, 2022 4:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.