Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2021 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a great movie. I teared up at one point. Maruko will never forget Shouko, whom she referred to as "Onee-san."

The music videos were pretty cool as well. I got a kick out of The Beatles parody. Every Maruko-chan fan should watch this.

Jul 12, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
Nagasawa-kun kinda reminded me of Ozu from Tatami Galaxy with his onion-like head.

Onee-san could've scheduled a farewell meeting at least, though! Or leave an address for mail. It's not like she was leaving on the very same day. Other than that, I'm quite impressed. Maru-chan is adorable, the music segments are great (especially the first one), and it's easy to get emotionally invested.

Seiya said:

The music videos were pretty cool as well. I got a kick out of The Beatles parody. Every Maruko-chan fan should watch this.

As embarrassing as it is...which of the music segments parodied The Beatles?
St0rmbladeJul 12, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
St0rmblade said:
Nagasawa-kun kinda reminded me of Ozu from Tatami Galaxy with his onion-like head.

Onee-san could've scheduled a farewell meeting at least, though! It's not like she was leaving on the very same day. Other than that, I'm quite impressed. Maru-chan is adorable, the music segments are great (especially the first one), and it's easy to get emotionally invested.

Seiya said:

As embarrassing as it is...which of the music segments parodied The Beatles?

About an hour and four minutes in, a music video with Buutarou, Hamaji, Shinji and Kimio plays, and they're dressed like The Beatles, and are playing the exact same instruments that The Beatles were playing in 1964. The drum kit even says "The Beakues."

More topics from this board

» Do I need to watch the TV show before watching the film?

H1ruma - Sep 10, 2022

4 by removed-user »»
Apr 29, 2023 7:43 AM

» Is there anywhere to watch it online?

Kafig - Oct 28, 2016

1 by lanblade »»
Apr 18, 2017 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.