Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 28, 2021 3:08 AM
Aug 2020
So I think so far its been just fine. I thought that the first 3 episodes were really good and the OP/ED are absolute bangers. But overall I think its just meh. There is some buildup sure, but the show dosen't even feel about Moriarty anymore.

So I was just curious what do people like about this show. Is it just the hot dudes or something else?
May 28, 2021 3:43 AM
Apr 2021
My reasons are Well :-
1 ) Banger OP and ED .
2 ) GOOD storyline .
3 ) From Moriarty perceptive .
4 ) Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty's Friendship .
5 ) IRENE ALDER AKA JAMES BOND.
6 ) AMAZING ART .
7 ) BANGER SEASON 1 .
8 ) GREAT MASTERMIND.
9 ) A DIFFERENT TYPE OF SHERLOCK HOMES ADAPTION.
10 ) VICTORIAN ERA .
11 ) All three Moriarty brothers are present.
12 ) Moran and Porlock are in play.
13 ) It’s a orginal .
JevasamyMay 28, 2021 3:47 AM
May 28, 2021 3:43 AM
Apr 2021
Ephraim_Renais said:
So I think so far its been just fine. I thought that the first 3 episodes were really good and the OP/ED are absolute bangers. But overall I think its just meh. There is some buildup sure, but the show dosen't even feel about Moriarty anymore.

So I was just curious what do people like about this show. Is it just the hot dudes or something else?

Well :-
1 ) Banger OP and ED .
2 ) GOOD storyline .
3 ) From Moriarty perceptive .
4 ) Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty's Friendship .
5 ) IRENE ALDER AKA JAMES BOND.
6 ) AMAZING ART .
7 ) BANGER SEASON 1 .
8 ) GREAT MASTERMIND.
9 ) A DIFFERENT TYPE OF SHERLOCK HOMES ADAPTION.
10 ) VICTORIAN ERA .
11 ) All three Moriarty brothers are present.
12 ) Moran and Porlock are in play.
13 ) It’s a orginal .
JevasamyMay 28, 2021 3:47 AM
May 28, 2021 3:49 AM

Mar 2020
I think it's the twist on an already mainstream series that I like.

I've seen Sherlock's story being told to death, but telling the story of Moriarty is refreshing and unique.

The visuals of the series are great, the mystery and plotting is great, you really see a criminal mastermind with Moriarty. The soundtrack is also amazing. The character development and relationships are really good for some characters.

S2 is just buildup so far, they're setting up the world around Moriarty and his rivals. And you still get to see Moriarty in full action with his elaborate schemes and plots. Obviously, they can't reveal everything to you because that takes away the suspense, but everything about this show is great.
May 28, 2021 6:54 AM
Nov 2020
I enjoy watching the interpretation of the Sherlock Holmes stories. It’s my favorite way Adler has ever been done, for example.

The show does lose me sometimes on the “monster of the week” esque episodes where it’s a one off mustache-twirling evil noble that Team Moriarty eviscerates in one episode. For me, what sells the show is the push and pull between Team Moriarty and Team Sherlock. I’m almost less interested in the overall plot than I am about the competing ideologies and methods between those groups.

I’m reading the manga too and I think I enjoy the manga a hair more than the anime, just cause it takes its time to develop the side characters a bit more.
May 29, 2021 12:38 AM
Oct 2020
I have watched BBC Sherlock so I already know all the characters of the show, and what made watch it is Moriarity being the protagonist instead of the antagonist according the original story. Moriarty and Sherlock’s personality is nowhere close to what I saw in BBC Sherlock but I still love it.
Jun 7, 2021 6:27 AM
Jan 2019
my reasons:
1. trying to train my dumb brain to work a little
2. the visual effects
3. i simp for Moran
4. I want to know more about Sherlock Holmes, I never got the chance to read the original
5. the more I watch, the more I feel sad about William (and also curious on his real name)
6. not a fujoshi, but the BL shippings are cute
7. read the manga and want to see it adapted
Jun 7, 2021 8:00 AM
Nov 2020
Ephraim_Renais said:

The reason I like it is simple, there are themes of racism and discrimination in this anime, Mc is aware of the environment and tries to change it
Jun 8, 2021 1:11 AM

Oct 2017
Cause I'm a big fan of the original Sherlock Holmes novels and I find it fun to watch almost everything based on it.
Jun 8, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2018
I always liked movies or series about Sherlock Holmes, and after knowing that this anime was even more focused on his enemy Moriarty it was the main reason to start watching this show, and I enjoyed it.

Along with Sherlock and Moriarty, I also love shows with the seting of19th century British and that's a must do for a show about Sherlock (let's forget Kabukicho Sherlock or others like this).

There are some amazing moments and this second season features more characters that are really good "interpretations" of the characters from the original novels, by this I mean that the characters have great parts based on the novels (obviously) and that the author knows how to play with this very well making the characters different but respecting their original essence.
Nivo3041Jun 8, 2021 2:21 PM
Jun 9, 2021 9:17 AM

Jun 2020
It is the ikemen for me not gonna lie

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 20, 2021 9:11 PM

Jan 2020
I really like the plot and the twisted sense of justice of Moriarty. The need to purge society from aristocracy to save the lower classes, the master schemes of Moriarty that are really well thought of, and finally his interactions with Sherlock. All of these are things I really like about the show. The episodes where Sherlock and William are featured together are one of the most thrilling of the show. I find it really enjoyable, the art and animation also compliment the story and I think the studio cared about every small detail.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Jun 22, 2021 1:16 AM

Apr 2016
Ephraim_Renais said:

Its a story about a freethinker villain who actually is your edgy anti hero who tries to use his freethinker abilities to save poor oppressed lower class citizens against the big bad rich people who actually pay for their rent, and that clicks with many young people these days. Add hot boys into the mixture and you have this.

Did i already mention pretentious story and characters ? I think pretentious is the best description of this show. And again many people do like pretentious stories. Its like Code Geass of the new generation if you like.
Sep 9, 2021 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
1. Visually appealing
2. William is a briliant villain
3. Best portrayal of Holmes
4. Likable characters (Moran, Jack, Adler, Holmes's brother and others)
5. In terms of it's genre, it's not the best mystery, but it is at least in top 10 for me.
Sep 13, 2021 2:20 PM
Jul 2018
Because Ikemen, also kakkoi the second it was about detective stuff

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2021

168 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2021

57 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2021

75 by Alesa_ »»
Mar 9, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2021

46 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 7, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Yuukoku no Moriarty 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2021

51 by ReganDesu »»
Feb 1, 6:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.