Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
May 13, 2021 6:36 AM
Oct 2020
Just finished this part of fairy and about to start the finale and I wondered since half way through fairy tail why all the hate
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 13, 2021 6:50 AM
Jun 2015
some people just can’t understand the magic of friendship
May 13, 2021 7:10 AM
Sep 2016
I don't get that eather, I love Fairy Tail, but I heard some people calls it Copy Tail and said It's a cluster of copies from other animes, and I don't deny It but what do you expect, It's a shonen
May 13, 2021 7:45 AM
Aug 2020
StrayDogYato said:
Just finished this part of fairy and about to start the finale and I wondered since half way through fairy tail why all the hate
it's a mix between Naruto and black clover and tbh the concept is just not good imo
May 13, 2021 7:51 AM
Feb 2021
I greatly dislike this show for a lot of reasons. However the most prominent of which is just that it's reptative and it likes to go back on its decisions.
Friendship is great and all, but.... There's more than one or two ways to deal with situations.
Then at the end of the day it doesn't really feel like anything's ever changed. What's the point of watching all these episodes if at the end of the arc, all we get is nothing? That's how I feel at least.
May 13, 2021 8:09 AM

Jan 2021
probably because it's too good but this is my favorite anime
May 13, 2021 8:19 AM
Jan 2021
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:
it's a mix between Naruto and black clover and tbh the concept is just not good imo

fairy tail came out before black clover though
May 13, 2021 8:42 AM
Feb 2021
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:

Fairy Tail came before Black Clover
May 13, 2021 8:47 AM
Oct 2020
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:

Fairy tail came before black clover which is in my top ten and honestly there isn’t much difference with the friendship stuff and same with naruto
May 13, 2021 8:50 AM
May 2021
Fairy tail good, but I’m wondering if we will get 100 year quest animated or not
May 13, 2021 8:59 AM
Oct 2020
EliteWarrior910 said:
I greatly dislike this show for a lot of reasons. However the most prominent of which is just that it's reptative and it likes to go back on its decisions.
Friendship is great and all, but.... There's more than one or two ways to deal with situations.
Then at the end of the day it doesn't really feel like anything's ever changed. What's the point of watching all these episodes if at the end of the arc, all we get is nothing? That's how I feel at least.
I can understand from where you come from, i personally like this show but I understand that the whole power of friendship thing. There is a lot of bs moments that use the power of friendship as the answer per say. Even the "ending" of the series was unsatisfactory for many people including me. I hope that could be redeemed if the 100 year quest gets an anime which it propably will in the future.
May 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Aug 2020
Well mainly cuz people like to hate on things that others hate because fairy tail is the type of anime that usually becomes mainstream but instead it's getting hate. As for me, after watching I thought I understood why the fans like it so much and why haters hate it so much although I wouldn't say it's that bad as people say it is.
May 13, 2021 10:19 AM
Mar 2020
I do believe most of the hate comes from a bandwagon, a group of people disliking it to everyone following that same opinion.
It doesn’t deserve the amount of hate it gets, it has weak points, but every other popular shonen anime does as well.
Sure the friendship aspect of the show is important, but that’s the whole point, go follow the guild seeing them as family, I believe that many just don’t like that part of it.
Overall, it doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.
May 13, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2021
Who knows, people hate on anything nowadays
May 13, 2021 10:35 AM
Sep 2020
There was a time when almost everybody loved fairy tail, it's just the longer it went on people got tired of all the friendship crap plus with the more interesting shonen that came out people (myself included) began to think that it really wasn't all that special to begin with
May 13, 2021 11:22 AM

Nov 2014
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:
But.. Fairy Tail preceded Black Clover. If anything I'd say the main downside of FT is the amount of fanservice.
May 13, 2021 11:25 AM

Jan 2020
Because it's a shounen series that isn't super unique so many people hate it. It doesn't deserve as much as ot gets

May 13, 2021 11:51 AM

Sep 2020
Well, it definitely don't deserve all the hate it gets, but with all the shortcomings it has, I don't think its higher than 7/10 either. For one thing it
tried to build up very similar to one piece, but unlike OP it was repetitive and the power system means shit, "all you need to defeat any enemy is the power of friendship !!". Okay I get that it's a shonen anime and power of friendship is like a base material for any shonen anime but please, there should be some character development, learning from mistakes, developing or learning new magic, or training to improve themselves but no, no matter how much stronger enemies you face all you need is more power of friendship.
. But all that aside, overall I still liked the show, and I don't think deserves all the hate it gets. But they definitely need to improve, I've noticed a little improvement in 100 years quest, but only upto vol6.
AmythexMay 13, 2021 9:45 PM
May 13, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2012
Became extremely predictable and boring because it played everything way too safe.
May 13, 2021 1:14 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
It's not got as much hate as it seems just some loud haters. There is many who think it copy's other shoen's like one piece, though I'd suggest it's more a case of inspiration then piracy. Don't feel bad for enjoying it, it's no masterpiece but I don't think it's meant to be and it's definetly good fun👍☺️
May 13, 2021 1:16 PM
Jan 2021
I enjoyed the anime, but there were many things that i disliked about it.

1. I thought lucy and happy were irritating.

2. There were many characters that seemed cool. However, they end up becoming jokes and do nothing of importance.

3. The third season was mindnumbingly boring. Seasons 1 and 2 had flaws but 3 was just a mess.

4. The arcs were repetitive. Most of them just have a group of baddies who attack the heroes. They were 4, then 6, then 8 then 9 then 12. It's just an increasing number of enemies.

There's more, but those were the first that came to my head.
May 13, 2021 1:45 PM
Mar 2021
I actually do love this anime and I like how to shows how everyone can be a family not like a blood related one, and how it means to have each other’s back no matter what everyone else says about you. I’m only on Season 7 but it’s still amazing
May 13, 2021 2:07 PM
Oct 2020
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:

But this came out before black clover
May 13, 2021 8:50 PM
Feb 2021
I don't hate Fairy Tail, I really love it and I can't wait for 100 years quest. The thing it's that it has a lot of negative aspects if we are really honest, the thing with the power of friendship that solves every problem is the most important, but there are also more things I actually don't like, for example no one dies, seriously, not even the villains, that's pretty weird, and there are soo many times when characters should died and they just, don't. The power scales are not that good, for example in the Alvarez arc, one of them could hold a battle against all Fairy tail op characters, and you tell me they all were defeated at the same time? Wtf, why didn't use the Ishgal gods for making that a little more accurate? That would make sence for me. Also the gods of Ishgal getting smashed by God Serene and God Serene getting smashed by acnologia and you telling me the dragon slayers killed acnologia after a really tough fight? Man, there are just so many examples were things don't make sence at all. But hey, I love the show even when there are so many things I dislike, also why not NaLu confirmed tho, it's so beautiful xD.
Oh, one last thing, FT has A LOT of episodes, so that makes it difficult to recommend, because, watch that many episodes of an anime that has so many awful things? It's not worth for everyone, only the strong ones can handle enjoying Fairy Tail
May 14, 2021 4:09 AM
Feb 2021
StrayDogYato said:
Fairy Tail is one of my favorite animes (be careful, not the best, I know, but still really important to me) and I can understand why some people don't like it: the biggest problem is the whole power-of-friendship stuff, and I know it can be annoying after many many times. But I know, many other combat Shonen work like that, but fairy tail gets all the hate and I cannot really understand why. At least in FT many characters get to do something and are useful (not everyone of course, they're too many) but for example in dragon ball any other characters just dies and wait for Goku to save the day BUT DRAGONBALL DOESN'T GET ALL THIS HATE WHY? Anyway, imo this whole thing against fairy tail is an exaggeration, it's a good anime, not the best, but really motivational sometimes and pleasant to watch
May 14, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2020
People don't really understand the concept that the Guild itself is the "Main Character" and that's why "The power of friendship" is such a strong message in the show. Even though it's used just as much in other shounen anime like Naruto Bleach One Peace ECT.
If we kill all our enemies, will we finally be free?
May 14, 2021 11:16 PM
Apr 2021
The ending killed me. It made me feel like all that time i was watching fairy tail was for nothing and overall left a terrible impression on me that even ruined the things i liked about it. Only things i still like even after the end are music and gajeel
May 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
very good anime but sabotaged by the author itself with all the asspulls and friendship non sense
HystiqueMay 27, 2021 1:11 PM
May 27, 2021 1:01 PM

Aug 2020
I like fairy tail, but this season didn't live up to the hype tbh. It disappointed me because I thought it was going to get dark since the first op looked like the show was going to be dark and different, but it didn't go that way.
May 27, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2020
Fairy until dragon arc is good. After that it transcends to mediocre to shit
May 27, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2020
Potato336 said:
StrayDogYato said:

Bro what?Fairy tail came before Black clover and don't even compare Fairy tail to Black clover because Black clover is on a whole another level.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 27, 2021 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
Fairy Tail is as bottom barrel of a battle shounen as you can get. Even Precure outshines it at some points. It's a fanservice manga filled with mostly gag characters and a tiresome formula that just gets lazier as the series goes on. There's a reason why so many of the fans that love it will tell you first and foremost that it was one of their first anime. The fanbase seems to relish more on the nostalgia than anything else lol. It would get bashed harder than BC ever did if it came out now.

May 31, 2021 12:27 AM
Sep 2020
People hate it because they hate their childhood

I mean I watched this when I was like in 7 th grade
And I enjoyed it
It made my childhood more wonderful
After school spending weekend watching this
Was one of the Greatest experience I ever had
Jun 5, 2021 6:43 AM
Oct 2019
Scordolo said:
Potato336 said:

Bro what?Fairy tail came before Black clover and don't even compare Fairy tail to Black clover because Black clover is on a whole another level.

* Black clover is on a whole another level* For now

We know what happend to Bleach final arc, Naruto , Original Fairy Tail final arc, Almost every Manga was rushed by the author
( FT 100 Years Quest is superior compared to FT final arc )

Kubo is no better. Rushed or not
he is the one who wasted time on filler fights in the war.

One Piece is going by the same route by the amounts of Off screen fights in Wano
Jun 5, 2021 7:01 AM
Dec 2020
Debito_Pubblico said:
BUT DRAGONBALL DOESN'T GET ALL THIS HATE WHY?
Because some characters were useful without sudden power ups in the earlier parts.
Deathlydash
Jun 20, 2021 9:21 AM
Mar 2018
Because the manga of fairy tail wasn't published in shounen jump. Narutotards, Dragon Ball tards and bleachtards hate on it to defend their series
Jun 20, 2021 9:26 AM
Mar 2018
Mazetriple100 said:
Scordolo said:

We know what happend to Bleach final arc, Naruto , Original Fairy Tail final arc, Almost every Manga was rushed by the author

One Piece is going by the same route by the amounts of Off screen fights in Wano

Black clover took many things from fairy tail yet tabata never mentions that. Honestly fairy tail is same in quality compared to naruto, bleach, one piece with all these childish crap. But they are rated higher than Fairy Tail because it doesn't belong to shonen jump magazine. Jump anime gets instant 8.5+ rating whether the story is good or not. Promised neverland, jujutsu kaisen and demon slayer are perfect example of that. People are partial to Jump
Jun 20, 2021 12:14 PM
Oct 2019
katharsis_3173 said:
Mazetriple100 said:

Black clover took many things from fairy tail yet tabata never mentions that. Honestly fairy tail is same in quality compared to naruto, bleach, one piece with all these childish crap. But they are rated higher than Fairy Tail because it doesn't belong to shonen jump magazine. Jump anime gets instant 8.5+ rating whether the story is good or not. Promised neverland, jujutsu kaisen and demon slayer are perfect example of that. People are partial to Jump

True it´s very double standards and unfair to Mashima´s series
If Bleach was in different Magazine it would be rated lower because of the bad arcs
Also One Piece has many nonsense moments Wano arc
Jun 29, 2021 2:22 PM
Sep 2018
Fairy Tail is the best shounen anime I've ever watched
Jul 9, 2021 6:12 PM
Sep 2017
Why the hate? Because the denizens of the internet have a vehement hatred of Hiro Mashima and anything he does. It's even evident on this very website.

It's ok to not like this series. I myself have some issues with the final series. But I feel like the mangaka gets lot of unwarranted vile spewed at him.
Hot Take: Jujutsu Kaisen is overrated, and there are only 3 mainline Sonic games that are terrible.
Aug 16, 2021 9:44 AM
Aug 2011
Senpai_Rock said:
Fairy tail good, but I’m wondering if we will get 100 year quest animated or not
I doubt it since I’m pretty sure the author stated that it’s not canon
Aug 17, 2021 7:07 AM
Nov 2017
It's true that the villains are far stronger than fairy tail members, but our heroes have their own ways to get stronger too such as

They also had a lot of big sacrifices such as

I think people hated it because Natsu and others keep saying the power of feeling, the strength of guild et cet, that's what made people thought shit of this. If they just scream some battlecries, I don't think there's any problem. Rest assured, it just my personal opinion.

I love Fairy Tail such as their world concept and hope Hero's and Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest will be animated.
Faris_EminemAug 17, 2021 7:24 AM
Jan 22, 2022 4:11 AM
Nov 2017
I guess my wish has been granted
Jan 22, 2022 5:58 AM

Mar 2018
Mr_youp said:
I don't hate Fairy Tail, I really love it and I can't wait for 100 years quest. The thing it's that it has a lot of negative aspects if we are really honest, the thing with the power of friendship that solves every problem is the most important, but there are also more things I actually don't like, for example no one dies, seriously, not even the villains, that's pretty weird, and there are soo many times when characters should died and they just, don't. The power scales are not that good, for example in the Alvarez arc, one of them could hold a battle against all Fairy tail op characters, and you tell me they all were defeated at the same time? Wtf, why didn't use the Ishgal gods for making that a little more accurate? That would make sence for me. Also the gods of Ishgal getting smashed by God Serene and God Serene getting smashed by acnologia and you telling me the dragon slayers killed acnologia after a really tough fight? Man, there are just so many examples were things don't make sence at all. But hey, I love the show even when there are so many things I dislike, also why not NaLu confirmed tho, it's so beautiful xD.
Oh, one last thing, FT has A LOT of episodes, so that makes it difficult to recommend, because, watch that many episodes of an anime that has so many awful things? It's not worth for everyone, only the strong ones can handle enjoying Fairy Tail
ya man i feel the same as u bro it could have soo cool if they handle this death stuff accurately.And also should have Added blood to it like they did in final series which was good in my eyes until they resurrected Makrov from no where lol anyway i still Enjoy it and maybe one day if Nostalgia hit me I'll remember this anime.Still had soo much laugh's and fun with it the reason i watched it till end cuz it was enjoyable show afterall and i mostly watch stuff when i enjoy it not necessary that it should have great story and stuff. Over all 8 out of 10 for me cuz of the enjoyment
Feb 9, 2022 3:15 AM
Jan 2022
Its not exactly bad its just not amazing in its overall concept. it really loves to stick to the same formula and it makes it obnoxiously obvious. you already kind of direction the plot will go before it happens so there is no shock value in the story, but as for like feel good type of anime it is a great show honestly, the whole friendship shonen clique is strong but they can make it work, you just kind of need an open mind to it really, to put it in simple terms.
for me this is one of those anime like one piece(maybe this is heresy to you guys but still) where i can leave on while i fall asleep.. its not really chair gripping or anything but its enjoyable if you ley it be that way. there is much worse shows and much better.. but shows like this have been helpful in my life personally to help battle insomnia and negativity. like you know the good guy will win , ppl dont die, you can rest easy kind of deal. there is a lot of episodes so its not over or ur waiting episode to episode which can be annoying. I say take it as it is, a fairy tale, named fairy tail. its not bad but fairy tales were always a little cheesy.
ShadowSynthesisFeb 9, 2022 3:22 AM
Feb 11, 2022 5:50 AM

Mar 2009
Attackonfiller said:
Fairy Tail is as bottom barrel of a battle shounen as you can get. Even Precure outshines it at some points. It's a fanservice manga filled with mostly gag characters and a tiresome formula that just gets lazier as the series goes on. There's a reason why so many of the fans that love it will tell you first and foremost that it was one of their first anime. The fanbase seems to relish more on the nostalgia than anything else lol. It would get bashed harder than BC ever did if it came out now.

No, I started watching FT recently and I really really enjoy it. Its friendship/family formula is vastly different from other shounen. I love its positivity. Females in this are beautiful and badass with strong values. I see not much difference with other shounens. There is some kind of predictivity in all of them, some amount of convinience and etc etc which almost all shounen has. FT is not much different in that regard.
If anything FT is more chill and I absolutely love its humour.
Jun 29, 2023 8:41 PM
Jan 2022
The 'power of friendship' isn't for everyone. If you can't resonate with/ relate to this message that Mashima is conveying, you won't experience the show the same.

People also just take the anime way too seriously. It's manly just supposed to be a really fun show, but people nitpick the plot like a Shakespearean play. Just have fun and connect with the characters
TarekchahattouJun 29, 2023 8:47 PM
My main candies:

Nov 9, 2023 11:13 AM

Aug 2020
Elitists be like "nooo you can't enjoy shonen! Shonen bad" 😤😠

And Fairy Tail fans be like "wow Natsu went brr towards the bad guys haha" 😁😁

Nov 28, 2023 5:01 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to Potato336
StrayDogYato said:
@Potato336 know ur facts before u re talking,Fairy Tail came way before Black Clover.
Jan 5, 7:39 PM
Mar 2023
I recently started Fairy tail series and completed the season 1 and now in season 2, i dont get why there is so much hate for the the series and it is great till now expect for few, every series has its own flaws, i think fairy taily is the underated anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

143 by Yubisoft »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.