Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 2021 5:55 PM

Jul 2015
Ahegyao said:
Ghemotoc said:
The only benefit I could see is that it repels people shallow enough to consider smoking a deal-breaker in relationship.

This maybe my non-smoker bias ass speaking, but I don't think I want to breathe in second hand smoke in close proximity from my SO.

If you ever meet someone that you genuinely love you won't care if they're blonde or brunette or if they shave their genitalia your favorite way or if they smoke lol. And if you genuinely can't love someone because they smoke... imma question your perception of love in the first place.

This said lots of people don't care about actual genuine love and just want a convenient partner to smash, buy a house and fund a family. I guess for people who see life that way having a shallow list of things you want in your ideal partner is okay.
May 14, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Ghemotoc said:
Ahegyao said:

This maybe my non-smoker bias ass speaking, but I don't think I want to breathe in second hand smoke in close proximity from my SO.

If you ever meet someone that you genuinely love you won't care if they're blonde or brunette or if they shave their genitalia your favorite way or if they smoke lol. And if you genuinely can't love someone because they smoke... imma question your perception of love in the first place.

This said lots of people don't care about actual genuine love and just want a convenient partner to smash, buy a house and fund a family. I guess for people who see life that way having a shallow list of things you want in your ideal partner is okay.

If you love someone, you would annoy the shit out of them to stop smoking.
If someone were addicted to some other drugs, you wouldn't just accept that they destroy themselves either.
I mean, yes it's a bit weird to call it a dealbreaker, but I understand that you don't like to watch someone destroying themselves.

Also... never kissed a smoker after a cigarette, but surely I won't do that either. At least not soon after they smoked their last cigarette.
Oh wait yeah, I kissed my ex boyfriend after he smoked weed and that taste is kinda disgusting tbh haha

Other than that, everyone who says that they don't have preferences lies. I won't like the idea of dating a really obesed woman (not chubby, I mean morbidly obesed) either, or someone with really bad hygiene or a woman I just don't find attractive at all.

You could stay friends, if there is no attraction at all between both imo.
May 14, 2021 6:22 PM

Jul 2015
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Ghemotoc said:

If someone were addicted to some other drugs, you wouldn't just accept that they destroy themselves either.
I mean, yes it's a bit weird to call it a dealbreaker, but I understand that you don't like to watch someone destroying themselves.

Also... never kissed a smoker after a cigarette, but surely I won't do that either. At least not soon after they smoked their last cigarette.
Oh wait yeah, I kissed my ex boyfriend after he smoked weed and that taste is kinda disgusting tbh haha

Other than that, everyone who says that they don't have preferences lies. I won't like the idea of dating a really obesed woman (not chubby, I mean morbidly obesed) either, or someone with really bad hygiene or a woman I just don't find attractive at all.

You're making me insecure now, maybe I'll smoke eucalyptus instead of weed :'^)
I've never seen someone bring the "it's not good for their health and I'd care about them" argument. It's usually "huh no the carpet of the car would stink omg". Glad to see there are rational people tho. OFC I wouldn't be happy if my gf started smoking 2 packs/day. Yes I encourage her to smoke less despite being a relatively heavy smoker myself. But honestly she does what she wants. I'd rather be with a smoker than with a manipulative person who'd force others to stop smoking huhuhu.

Which is why, keeping these people at bay is probably the only real health benefit of smoking. Less time spent sweating for people who are not worth it :p
May 14, 2021 6:30 PM

Jun 2011
Ghemotoc said:
Ahegyao said:

You don't have to strong-arm someone, but the least they could do is to be conscious about how their habit can harm others as much as themselves. This isn't like nail biting or whatever nasty, but ultimately inconsequential vice. If I truly love someone, I certainly don't want them to fall sick, much more die over something completely preventable. That's how I see it.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 14, 2021 6:32 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Ghemotoc said:
The only benefit I could see is that it repels people shallow enough to consider smoking a deal-breaker in relationship.

Well, to be honest, it is a deal-breaker for me. Same with alcoholism and drug or gambling addiction. If one wants to avoid connection with shallow people like me, then all she or he has to do is become a drug-addicted gambling alcoholic who also happens to smoke three packs of cigarettes per day. That way, a person can find their true love among the 0.1% "profound" people who do not care about things like that, a.k.a. the rest of the drug addicts, alcoholics, etc.
May 14, 2021 6:34 PM

Jul 2015
149597871 said:
Ghemotoc said:

Well, to be honest, it is a deal-breaker for me. Same with alcoholism and drug or gambling addiction. If one wants to avoid connection with shallow people like me, then all she or he has to do is become a drug-addicted gambling alcoholic who also happens to smoke three packs of cigarettes per day. That way, a person can find their true love among the 0.1% of the "profound" people who do not care about things like that, a.k.a. the rest of the drug addicts, alcoholics, etc.

there's a difference between smoking and burning through 3 packs a day just like there's a difference between drinking a bottle/year and three bottles/day.
You wouldn't disqualify someone who drinks occasionally, despite ethanol being one of the worst hard drugs out there. Why the double standard? Because you care more about your nose than about the drug part, don't lie to yourself (^%
May 14, 2021 6:52 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Ghemotoc said:
Because you care more about your nose than about the drug part, don't lie to yourself (^%

Well, of course I do. I do not want to taint my pristine lungs. Trust me, all of that is because of selfish reasons.

I do not like gamblers because they are a financial and legal liability. I do not like alcoholics because they do stupid things and often harm other people, even the ones they love. I do not like smokers because the smoke is unhealthy and irritating.

On the other hand, drinking small to moderate amounts of alcohol like once a year is not a big issue.

I am not shallow, however; I am rational!
May 14, 2021 7:33 PM

Aug 2020
they are no benefits are smoking, smoking is bad for your health and no one should smoke unless you want to get cancer and become addicted to it smh

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

May 14, 2021 7:35 PM

May 2013
It's actually great for creativity. I'd say the effects of smoking are actually written all over One Piece.

Maybe in the future there will finally be a marijuana manga. That would really slay.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 14, 2021 11:10 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know about the true benefits of smoking a cigar, but I know that it did nothing to a really old, African American veteran.

Cigarettes like Marlboro or whatever it's called to me are like the processed food of tobacco. It seems to me that the cigar the WWII veteran smoked had no nicotine, so not all tobacco is created equal.

Most people would rather be cheap or lazy and just buy those thin pieces of processed tobacco with their yellow butts.

By the way, Hellboy had a good reason to kill a monster in the troll market for taking away his Cuban cigar. They're expensive and I guess fitting of his taste.

As far as I know, Castro smoked cigars too and he was alright.
May 15, 2021 6:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ghemotoc said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I've never seen someone bring the "it's not good for their health and I'd care about them" argument. It's usually "huh no the carpet of the car would stink omg". Glad to see there are rational people tho. OFC I wouldn't be happy if my gf started smoking 2 packs/day. Yes I encourage her to smoke less despite being a relatively heavy smoker myself. But honestly she does what she wants. I'd rather be with a smoker than with a manipulative person who'd force others to stop smoking huhuhu.

Which is why, keeping these people at bay is probably the only real health benefit of smoking. Less time spent sweating for people who are not worth it :p

I mean, you could take a chewing gum before kissing maybe xD
Weed is not the big problem, as long as someone doesn't smoke daily. Like twice a month or every week, then I don't care tbh. I just don't like the feeling and taste of it.

And yes, of course you are right, but shallow people will criticize other ridiculous stuff too, not only the smell of smoke in your car. Like... I had a classmate who broke up with her boyfriend, because he dyed his hair dark blue and got a piercing.
Later, when I met her again she was like: uuh, I met someone on Tinder, but he's just a veterinary student. I can't date him! (she's the daughter of a lawyer, which she always repeated and was a law student too).
I answered her: Don't worry. He will find another girlfriend soon lol
May 15, 2021 6:36 AM

Jul 2015
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
Ghemotoc said:

I mean, you could take a chewing gum before kissing maybe xD
Weed is not the big problem, as long as someone doesn't smoke daily. Like twice a month or every week, then I don't care tbh. I just don't like the feeling and taste of it.

And yes, of course you are right, but shallow people will criticize other ridiculous stuff too, not only the smell of smoke in your car. Like... I had a classmate who broke up with her boyfriend, because he dyed his hair dark blue and got a piercing.
Later, when I met her again she was like: uuh, I met someone on Tinder, but he's just a veterinary student. I can't date him! (she's the daughter of a lawyer, which she always repeated and was a law student too).
I answered her: Don't worry. He will find another girlfriend soon lol

OOF people golddigging on Tinder lmao. Better lie about my occupation if I ever make an account :'^)
May 15, 2021 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
You get the great yellow ric flair teeth! DON'T YOU WANT TEETH LIKE THE NATURE BOY! WOOO!
May 15, 2021 10:11 AM

Sep 2020
nothing,its just give you cancer,its basically drugs but legalized and less side effects,but will kill you slowly,don't waste your money on this shit
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» why are the nordic countries so happy?

deg - Mar 29

43 by Freshell »»
15 minutes ago

» I am trying to get over 10,000 posts on this site by the end of this year....

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

19 by Lost_Viking »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » do you believe in near term human extinction or NTHE?

deg - Today

34 by Freshell »»
32 minutes ago

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Yesterday

16 by ZakuF_ »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » What is your average step count? [Poll] Do you think that you should take more steps?

Miscanthus - Apr 27

42 by Freshell »»
36 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.