Forum Settings
Forums

Do you have guts to admit/call anime the lowest quality of entertainment?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2021 7:50 AM

Aug 2017
What? Anime isn't the lowest point of entertainment. That place is reserved for western cartoons.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 19, 2021 3:56 AM
May 2021
The statement is false. Live action is way worse than anime. AoT (if it had a good ending) would've been one of the greatest storues ever told. S01-s03 is sick. S03 part 2 is peak fiction. Amazing action, best mystery, lots of thrill, greatest plot twist of all time. S04 raises so realistic themes. Berserk manga from golden age to half of falcon millennium is one of the best fictional story set in middle age Europe. Kaguya sama is so wholesome and funny. Gintama's standalone episodes 188 and 189 are masterpiece. Vinland saga's prologue's premise is amazing and so is its s01 finale. Deathnote has a very interesting premise, soundtrack and art style. Promised neverland s01 has an interesting premise as well. Demon slayer's animation is art.
May 19, 2021 4:11 AM

May 2021
I have the guts to admit that it's one of the BEST forms of entertainment.

Peeti said:
In other words, for the top rated ones you will find the enraged hate and effort putting fights which tells that anime can't hold it's universal agreement in top quality things but it can undeniably hold it's universal agreement place for lowest rated anime to be bad or shit.

If my observations are of any indication, a lot of people need some kind of "enabling", before they feel "safe" hating on anime - low rating is one of such things. I'm pretty sure if someone would dig up some obscure, low rated anime, and then successfully push the narrative that it's a masterpiece - tons of people would suddenly rate it highly and praise it. I highly doubt that I would consider a lot of lowly rated anime far worse than a lot of highly rated stuff, so I don't know about that universal agreement thing. Also, lowly rated stuff is not that popular so it doesn't warrant nearly as much heated discussions as the highly rated popular stuff.
May 19, 2021 4:17 AM

Sep 2020
Anime is the highest quality of entertainment
Cartoons, live action movies and sports are the lowest quality of entertainment

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
May 19, 2021 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
Not really. It depends on a particular anime if it's interesting or not.
May 19, 2021 4:38 AM

May 2015
If we talk about individual series, then sure, some are quite low tbh (Like School Days or Is this a Zombie?). But as a medium in general, then def not.
Mar 30, 2022 8:01 PM

Jul 2017
Anime is probably somewhere slightly above average when compared to all other forms of entertainment. Reality TV shows, soap operas, Facebook, NASCAR, anything related to celebrity gossip, animal fighting, horse racing, country music, are all way worse forms of entertainment in my opinion.
Mar 30, 2022 11:35 PM

Oct 2008
If it was the lowest quality of entertainment sure. But that title fits currently YouTube, the most.
Mar 31, 2022 2:23 AM
Jul 2018
I would say lowest quality of entertainment is competitive gaming without any prizepool or acquired fame, much ego and no payback.
Mar 31, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Nah. Any medium that produces something as good as Cowboy Bebop categorically can't be the lowest.
Take care of yourself

Mar 31, 2022 6:37 AM

Jan 2021
In my opinion anime is the best quality of entertainment, equivalent to a movie/film if it is made to a good standard, if there is a bad anime it's okay because it was deliberately made that way.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
4 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

59 by Daviljoe193 »»
10 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Apr 23

67 by Gator »»
10 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts.

Pinoffin - Today

48 by alshu »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.