Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 5, 2021 7:02 AM
Apr 2020
I’ve dropped it about 35 episodes in, because I just genuinely couldn’t get into it. The only characters I’ve found interesting where Kurapika and Illumi, other than that the whole show was boring and wasn’t as magnificent or flawless as people made it out to be. The art style and character design may have played a part in dropping it as well, because I couldn’t take it seriously when the main protagonist looked like a frog on top of being annoying, and when there where talking animals and just the slight childish vibe it had, I don’t usually mind that if the style’s used in other not so serious anime, but I thought it was supposed to be all deep. Yet, all the praise I still keep hearing is making me kinda consider picking it up again, but I want to know exactly why people like it. What’s so special about the world building, characters, all of that, does it start in later episodes? I don’t want to hear ‘oh it’s because the world building is amazing’ or ‘The psychology of characters’, I want to know why exactly it’s so good, so please elaborate.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2021 7:06 AM

Sep 2018
Hunter x Hunter battles later in often involve variable tactics depending on who is fighting. The nen power system is pretty unique like with stands. Rather than having a super op mc who can`t lose Hunter x Hunter`s strongest characters are the villains and side characters.
May 5, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2014
I had the same impression as you, OP. But now I just finished episode 80. Unfortunately, if you're 35 episodes deep and can't find enjoyment in HxH, then it's not for you. If the plot didn't grow on you then just move on to a new anime.
May 5, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2015
Feel free to drop the anime if you're just not enjoying yourself but you've watched 35 episodes of a 148 episode series. Talking animals? You mean the magical beasts?

Anyway, HxH is beloved because the author is extremely creative, it has a great cast of characters, probably the best shounen villains, definitely the best power system, one of the best world-buildings, excellent story-telling, great character development, and isn't afraid to punch the reader in the gut. Still, there is some padding that could be cut out. All said, Yoshihiro Togashi is probably the best writer in Shonen Jump.
May 5, 2021 9:16 AM
Aug 2020
I mean if you’re really not enjoying it then by all means drop it, but the next arc (yorknew) is where the series really gets good imo. I wasn’t completely sold when I was where you are but when I watched the next arc I started to love it

Y’all are too harsh. Anime is good shit
May 5, 2021 9:30 AM
Sep 2015
The anime starts as a typical shonen story and then subvert it. Initial arcs are not very innovative storytelling and I do not like them much. I think you should watch until Yorkshin arc. If you do not like this one then drop the anime because then is Greed Island which is more like the begining of the series. After that you are rewarded by Chimera Ant arc and there is when the anime really shines and shows its uniqueness. Also, the anime has as consistent higher production quality compared to other popular shonen from its time so people tend to appreciate it more.
May 5, 2021 9:34 AM
May 2020
I am the worst at explaining things so I apologize for this trash explanation lol. This is what I personally find the most engaging about this show (for the first arc at least)

The main character is very interesting to me because he's so simple and innocent. His only goal is to meet his father, and that's his main reason for becoming a great hunter. It's fun watching him because he's just a child and is dealing with these harsh tests and dark matters that adults struggle with. However, I think one of the best things about this protagonist is his relationship with others.

Leorio and Kurapika are also interesting but what I find most engaging about them is their relationship with each other as the two older members of the main four, as well as their relationship with Gon, who you see warms up to them a lot, so much so that they're literally willing to throw away their efforts towards becoming a hunter if it means saving Gon.

Killua is a similar case to Leorio and Kurapika but, since he's also a kid, he forms a really nice friendship with Gon and it's fun watching these two children go through the absolute insanity that is the HxH universe and treat it like a playground or something lol. His darker past and inner conflicts also clashes well with Gon, who's seemingly pure and untainted. There are plenty of other great characters but these four are the main four and you'll mostly only be watching Gon and Killua during the show.

There's also the really dark world of the HxH universe. The Hunter test is literal insanity and very creative, and it was super entertaining watching these characters go through it. Outside of that, the world is also decently creative, but it's clear that there's a lot of darker matters going on in it that separates it from completely innocent and fun wackiness. There are a lot of fights that are also interesting to watch because they rely on tactics and strategy. There's plenty I'm leaving out there but what I find the best about this show are the characters and the things they get into in the world they live in (at least for me).

The first arc was the most entertaining to me personally, however, if you didn't like it and couldn't get into it, then you may not like the rest of the series, and that's totally fine. If you do decide to continue though then I hope you like what you get.
sailor_saffyMay 5, 2021 9:40 AM
May 5, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2020
If you've watched 35 episodes and still didn't like it then my friend it's not for you...
You don't have to force yourself to like something which is popular among others...
Different people have different tastes you know...
And trust me there's literally nothing wrong in dropping a really popular show like this one...
Hell, I dropped the show which is #1 on MAL...
May 5, 2021 9:58 AM
Dec 2020
licxtt said:
I’ve dropped it about 35 episodes in, because I just genuinely couldn’t get into it. The only characters I’ve found interesting where Kurapika and Illumi, other than that the whole show was boring and wasn’t as magnificent or flawless as people made it out to be. The art style and character design may have played a part in dropping it as well, because I couldn’t take it seriously when the main protagonist looked like a frog on top of being annoying, and when there where talking animals and just the slight childish vibe it had, I don’t usually mind that if the style’s used in other not so serious anime, but I thought it was supposed to be all deep. Yet, all the praise I still keep hearing is making me kinda consider picking it up again, but I want to know exactly why people like it. What’s so special about the world building, characters, all of that, does it start in later episodes? I don’t want to hear ‘oh it’s because the world building is amazing’ or ‘The psychology of characters’, I want to know why exactly it’s so good, so please elaborate.
I think you should at least watch yorknew city arc...if you still doesn't like it then feel free to drop it... everyone have different tastes
May 5, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2019
if you’re already 35 episodes in and don’t like it, then it’s definitely not for you, very surprising you don’t like it though
May 5, 2021 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
It’s overrated
May 5, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2019
"I only have one and a half good arcs and the people finds me a masterpiece": the anime
May 5, 2021 10:46 AM

Sep 2014
Huntrash x Garbage is a scam, yet people still fall into it. It's like the anime version of Starbucks.

Starbucks is overpraised. They serve low quality coffee with lots of sugar and fancy shit. The coffee in itself is of bad quality and doesn't taste like coffee anymore, but since it has something special to it and is boldly sweet. People fail to realize how horrible it is in reality.

Huntrash x Garbage is the same. Low quality shounen, but since it has more (shallow) dialogue and (im)mature themes, then people think it's of higher quality. But it's not. The show is incredibly childish in an overly edgy way and it's for the most part horribly written.
May 5, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2020
Well I love the anime but I don't think it's unique at all. It's completely obvious that it takes inspiration from the original dragon ball. If I had to say why it's so good is cuz:
Imo it has some of the best antagonists in anime
Really good character development
Music and animation
One of the most well written power systems in anime
The fights
Characters are great
May 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2020
You haven't made it to the chimera ant arc yet. That arc definitely plays a key factor in why everyone calls it unique

May 5, 2021 11:33 AM

Oct 2019
If you dropped it after seeing Gon vs Hisoka I don't know what to tell you
May 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Sep 2020
ManWild said:
You haven't made it to the chimera ant arc yet. That arc definitely plays a key factor in why everyone calls it unique

but man they said the pacing is hell pacing, it's sooo divisive,what if someone didn't survive it? i'm also afraid i can't survive ca ant
ishowhatredMay 28, 2021 9:52 PM
May 5, 2021 11:51 AM

Jan 2020
Kytren said:
ManWild said:

but man they said the pacing is hell pacing,what if someone didn't survive it? i'm also afraid i can't survive ca ant

yeah.. I thought the content made up for the pace for me so hopefully it goes the same for you

May 5, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2020
Hrybami said:
Huntrash x Garbage is a scam, yet people still fall into it. It's like the anime version of Starbucks.

Starbucks is overpraised. They serve low quality coffee with lots of sugar and fancy shit. The coffee in itself is of bad quality and doesn't taste like coffee anymore, but since it has something special to it and is boldly sweet. People fail to realize how horrible it is in reality.

Huntrash x Garbage is the same. Low quality shounen, but since it has more (shallow) dialogue and (im)mature themes, then people think it's of higher quality. But it's not. The show is incredibly childish in an overly edgy way and it's for the most part horribly written.
why i see u hating on hxh on every fucking forum lmaoooooo
May 5, 2021 12:26 PM

Dec 2019
licxtt said:

its more or less just a really good adventure shonen if im honest its inventive with alot of aspects the challenges are far from simple and the characters do more than just fight in one arc the characters goals are to raise enough money to purchase an item it sounds dumb but its the way the author is able to add relevancy to these moments that connect with established elements of the show that make it great

probably the best way to summarize the shows is with describing the definition of a hunter in the show being that a hunter is not just some badass person who is a really strong person thats honestly just an aspect that comes with the territory but rather hunters come in many talents and crafts archeologists, gem enthusiasts, bounty hunters, and many specialized doctors or scientists and just like the hunters in the series hunter x hunter is not just a good battle shonen its well versed in many aspects that come with the territory of it being a battle shonen

-an arc that involves trading cards and collecting cards
-a mini challenge where are heroes stakes are decided on the outcome of guessing which hand has a coin
-understanding the mechanics of forgery
-an arm wrestling contests

that being said its not my favorite series by a longshot hah hah hah hah in MANGA NOR ANIME
May 5, 2021 1:41 PM
Feb 2021
Hmm one reason that it collected a part from amazing and popular animes for example the world building and the matter of side characters from one piece, the blood and realestic reactions and real anger from Bleach and the amazing fights and characters and power system from naruto. Ofc its not perfect in the chirma ant
The pacing was really bad for no reason if it was a little better it would be a perfect 10/10
May 5, 2021 2:56 PM
Mar 2021
Hxh The Storyline Is Great And Hxh Has Great Character Development And The Animation And Art Style Is Good
One Piece Gintama Jojos Bizzare Adventure Are My Favorite Anime
May 5, 2021 3:06 PM
Dec 2015
Gotta agree with OP here, I watched he entire thing waiting for it to live up to the hype and it comes nowhere close. Phantom Troupe and Chimera Ant arcs were pretty good but it definitely does not make watching it worth it. I really don't get the hype, this anime is average every respect except character which it's below average in, especially in the main cast's case.
May 5, 2021 3:22 PM

Mar 2021
Cause togashi knows how to write a character. Looking at the surface it’s like typical shounen but take any side or main character and dissect them you will find they really interesting and how consistent they are towards their goals and theme. HxH is one of the few works across multiple media that’s able to illustrate humanity in a more mature way(Chimera Ant) where it leave the viewer to decide the morality or justice of the situation. It’s a fun adventure while having a sophisticated twist on shounen and it was able to land many of its darker theme better than other.
May 5, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2021
are you sure you're watching the right version? (the 2011 one). also, it gets a lot better after episode 75.
May 5, 2021 4:12 PM
Jan 2021
are you sure you're watching the right version? (the 2011 one). also, it gets a lot better after episode 75.
May 5, 2021 4:41 PM

May 2011
My hubby made me watch it last year and didn't like it very much until probably episode 55. The last arc was pretty intense for me, but the ending made everything worth the watch. I'm actually planning on rewatching soon, the character & world development is really good. There's a lot of spiritual knowledge in it as well, which was fun to see.
May 5, 2021 8:07 PM
Apr 2021
bc it’s the greatest shounen anime oat 🤣🤣🤣
May 5, 2021 10:51 PM
Apr 2019
licxtt said:

about HxH it's well praised by the community and i agree with them
if u have watched it to 35 ep and dropped i think u must not like the pace cz i can feel now the starting arc was slow but if u continue then u may like...if u r finding it boring then u should not binge watch..take it slow and when u start liking it then binge it... the chimera ant arc is the best for me which is the last arc... the best thing about the show is
1. Action,
2. The characters like Hisoka (he's a very interesting charac. u'll find in later ep lol😂) ,
3. villains
4. make u emotional (especially chimera ant arc)
5. goosebumps moments
6. fighting strategies

I'm repeating again whenever u find it boring just slow down ur pace of watching it and when u feel it's interesting binge it.. i also started watching this cz of its popularity..and if i remember i didn't get bored that much..yep the exam arc was long tho i think..but yorknew City and chimera ant arc both are best..
have fun watching it
May 6, 2021 12:00 AM
Sep 2020
It's a trashy anime with a epic power system and great moments. I know there are many things that don't make sense in shonen genre itself but this and took that to granted and only did many things for shock factor and doesn't make sense at all. It is overrated(in MAL & IMDB) in my opinion. Even though I gave it a 8 in my anime list. I think it's not an anime for you.
At the end of the chimara ant arc it was so dragging and I literally gave up watching it and other parts of the anime, I enjoyed it a bit, it is an okay anime.
May 6, 2021 12:04 AM

Jul 2020
Kytren said:
ManWild said:

but man they said the pacing is hell pacing,what if someone didn't survive it? i'm also afraid i can't survive ca ant

I survived Shie Hassakai arc from Mha maybe I can survive Chimera Ant arc too lmao.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 6, 2021 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
@licxtt
Whatever you do, just don't listen to this guy.

Hrybami said:

May 6, 2021 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Scordolo said:
Kytren said:

I survived Shie Hassakai arc from Mha maybe I can survive Chimera Ant arc too lmao.

Chimera Ant arc has great pacing. I don't understand why people keep calling it boring.
May 6, 2021 12:13 AM

Sep 2020
Scordolo said:
Kytren said:

Bro overhaul/shie hassakai arc is completely pointless,feels like filler,dry,everything there is just generic and predictable,notonly it feels like fairy tail with edge,due to gore,atleast you can have deppression and meruem in chimera ant,what do you get from overhaul? you see your fav villain die from nakama power plot armor,failed epic.
May 6, 2021 12:23 AM

Jul 2020
Kytren said:
Scordolo said:

Bro overhaul/shie hassakai arc is completely pointless,feels like filler,dry,everything there is just generic and predictable,notonly it feels like fairy tail with edge,due to gore,atleast you can have deppression and meruem in chimera ant,what do you get from overhaul? you see your fav villain die from nakama power plot armor,failed epic.

Yea,but I often saw people comparing Chimera ant with Shie Hassakai and both of these pacing sucks so I mentioned it.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 6, 2021 12:25 AM

Oct 2015
Scordolo said:
Kytren said:

You'll have a much better time considering HxH has better writing, characters and stakes. I watched the Chimera Ant arc while it aired weekly and while it does have a lot of unnecessary padding IMO you'll be binging so you'll be fine.
May 6, 2021 3:18 AM
Oct 2017
the smart ways the characters win, not just by powering up like in other shounen, you call them being down in that doungen and beating those prisoners in smart ways a 'childish vibe' excuse me???!?!?!

and whats wrong about the character design? its simple yet expressive and sticked with me personally

if you hear so much about it and then have very high expectations in the first episodes then its your own fault that you didn't like the show
May 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Feb 2020
To be honest I feel the exact same way you do I dropped HxH a few months ago. It honestly has one of the most boring starts for a shounen. I feel for me HxH is overhyped because all I kept hearing from tons of people was how HxH is not your typical shounen and how great it is. This interested me because I'm not a huge shounen fan and I watched HxH until episode 42 and saw absolutely nothing unique about it. The only thing I like about HxH is the nen system other than that it's just another shounen.
May 6, 2021 6:10 AM
Jan 2021
Honestly, I don't get it either. I only started enjoying this show in the Chimera Arc, everything else other than York-new was underwhelming.
May 6, 2021 8:04 AM

May 2012
Nuanced masterpiece with great, great writing all around, that aims for a good story instead of hype, epic moments, action etc to try to keep people interested.

CyborgSaber said:
To be honest I feel the exact same way you do I dropped HxH a few months ago. It honestly has one of the most boring starts for a shounen. I feel for me HxH is overhyped because all I kept hearing from tons of people was how HxH is not your typical shounen and how great it is. This interested me because I'm not a huge shounen fan and I watched HxH until episode 42 and saw absolutely nothing unique about it. The only thing I like about HxH is the nen system other than that it's just another shounen.

HxH is definitely not just another shounen. There's a reason why many hold it as one of the greatest pieces of media to have been ever made. I think you've been led astray by the fact that other shounen try to copy concepts and ideas from HxH.
May 6, 2021 8:04 AM
Dec 2020
rama666 said:
i think what i like most about it is that its pretty unpredictable for a shounen. also, not everything is all about the mc for once lol.
what shounen is predictable and how is hunter x hunter unpredictable
Deathlydash
May 6, 2021 8:22 AM
Jan 2021
Deathlydash said:
rama666 said:
i think what i like most about it is that its pretty unpredictable for a shounen. also, not everything is all about the mc for once lol.
i mainly meant the death scenes tbh, they can be quite unexpected imo, but other than that, its a bit more dark/gorey than ur average pg anime.
May 6, 2021 8:49 AM
Oct 2020
yeah just stop watching it. something is seriously wrong with you. can't be helped. gon looked like a frog, very good argument.i won't give you any elaborate reasons because you would impressively take them apart, as you did with gons appearance. some people can't see certain colors, some people can't see the greatness of hxh. doesn't mean it's not there.
May 6, 2021 8:55 AM

Feb 2020
k11chi said:
Nuanced masterpiece with great, great writing all around, that aims for a good story instead of hype, epic moments, action etc to try to keep people interested.

CyborgSaber said:

HxH is definitely not just another shounen. There's a reason why many hold it as one of the greatest pieces of media to have been ever made. I think you've been led astray by the fact that other shounen try to copy concepts and ideas from HxH.

I would respectively disagree I have watched a lot of shounen you can look at my list HxH in my eyes is nothing special. Gon is just another Goku/Luffy and the fights from what I saw are not as good as everyone hyped them up to be Gon vs Hisoka in the Tower arc was the only one that was OK and the rest fall flat like Gon vs the guy who puts nen in those spinning tops was boring. I really didn't like how Gon in Killua learned nen in like 10 mins and HxH is also kind of predictable and way over analyzed. I respect people's opinion so I just wanted to say my piece I can list more but I won't. All I will say is HxH is not bad even though I gave it a 2 but it is overhyped just like Demon Slayer.
May 6, 2021 9:02 AM

Sep 2014
rama666 said:
Deathlydash said:
i mainly meant the death scenes tbh, they can be quite unexpected imo, but other than that, its a bit more dark/gorey than ur average pg anime.

What shounen is all about the mc?

HxH is extremely predictable as well. I don't know what you're on.
May 6, 2021 9:19 AM

May 2012
CyborgSaber said:
k11chi said:

I would respectively disagree I have watched a lot of shounen you can look at my list HxH in my eyes is nothing special. Gon is just another Goku/Luffy and the fights from what I saw are not as good as everyone hyped them up to be Gon vs Hisoka in the Tower arc was the only one that was OK and the rest fall flat like Gon vs the guy who puts nen in those spinning tops was boring. I really didn't like how Gon in Killua learned nen in like 10 mins and HxH is also kind of predictable and way over analyzed. I respect people's opinion so I just wanted to say my piece I can list more but I won't. All I will say is HxH is not bad even though I gave it a 2 but it is overhyped just like Demon Slayer.

Gon and Killua learning nen in 10 minutes isn't anything special. Any fodder can have their nen forced open, and it's done often in the series. There are also those with potential to learn nen.

Also of course hxh is overanalyzed when everything about it is so intricate. It's probably easier to digest 1000 chapters of naruto than 50 of hxh by now. There are things you pick up on after rereading the series 20 times.
May 6, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2020
k11chi said:
CyborgSaber said:

Gon and Killua learning nen in 10 minutes isn't anything special. Any fodder can have their nen forced open, and it's done often in the series. There are also those with potential to learn nen.

Also of course hxh is overanalyzed when everything about it is so intricate. It's probably easier to digest 1000 chapters of naruto than 50 of hxh by now. There are things you pick up on after rereading the series 20 times.

Ok aside from the nen thing which is still pretty dumb in my opinion and not only that Gon only trained in it for a couple months and could go against Hisoka I'm not saying Naruto is better I hate that aspect in all shounen where the MC just can do anything. As for the last statement I said overanalzyed because it felt like the narrative had to explain everything which is not good in my opinion. I felt like they thought I was dumb with some of the things they were saying. I don't like Naruto just putting that out there. But HxH is not complicated at all its very simple so when it overanalyzes with the narrative sayinf something that was obvious it felt like this was a show meant for kids. I can go on and on but I'm not gonna change your opinion and your not gonna change mine HxH is ok but it does not mix anything up as a shounen it does everything that every other shounen does MC that has a dream, does said dream, makes friends, and fights people.
May 6, 2021 10:17 AM

May 2012
CyborgSaber said:
k11chi said:

Ok aside from the nen thing which is still pretty dumb in my opinion and not only that Gon only trained in it for a couple months and could go against Hisoka I'm not saying Naruto is better I hate that aspect in all shounen where the MC just can do anything. As for the last statement I said overanalzyed because it felt like the narrative had to explain everything which is not good in my opinion. I felt like they thought I was dumb with some of the things they were saying. I don't like Naruto just putting that out there. But HxH is not complicated at all its very simple so when it overanalyzes with the narrative sayinf something that was obvious it felt like this was a show meant for kids. I can go on and on but I'm not gonna change your opinion and your not gonna change mine HxH is ok but it does not mix anything up as a shounen it does everything that every other shounen does MC that has a dream, does said dream, makes friends, and fights people.

yeah.. then you realize how it's about none of those things. gon's first goal was to give hisoka the badge back, and he did it. then he went to find ging which was done in completely unconventional way.
now - he has to think what he wants to do for himself.

killua was the same, it was about him trying to find what to do. then after coming out of illumis manipulation he decided on staying with alluka.

kurapika is the story about grief and revenge but he's in between the dilemma of morality when faced with villains that are actually real human beings, and now he's literally risking his life to protect people he didnt know before in the succession war after coming to contact with baby wobble and queen oito. he could be dead before they even reach the new world.

also what sets hxh apart from other series is the great amount of interesting personalities. especially the fantastic cast of villains.
-Hisoka would be some clown villain in other series but he's a crazy 3rd party in hxh that affects the arcs in surprising ways.
-meruem is the pinnacle of villains in anime and manga, period.
-chrollo and the spiders hits a soft sport for many with their cool demeanor, being part of very interesting thriller-type arcs.
-illumi is interesting, with his love for killua and the family of powerful assassins, and he's also kind of crazy.
-Pariston is the big brain antagonist of hxh, menacing and intriguing, extremely well written for a character thats meant to be a politician.
-succession war has introduced the crazy serial killer in Tserriednich, King Nasubi who wants his family dead due to tradition, and military leaders like Benjamin and Camilla who just pop bullets and plan mischievously.
May 6, 2021 10:34 AM

Feb 2020
k11chi said:
CyborgSaber said:

yeah.. then you realize how it's about none of those things. gon's first goal was to give hisoka the badge back, and he did it. then he went to find ging which was done in completely unconventional way.

killua was the same, it was about him trying to find what to do. then after coming out of illumis manipulation he decided on staying with alluka.

kurapika is the story about grief and revenge but he's in between the dilemma of morality when faced with villains that are actually real human beings, and now he's literally risking his life to protect people he didnt know before in the succession war after coming to contact with baby wobble and queen oito. he could be dead before they even reach the new world.

also what sets hxh apart from other series is the great amount of interesting personalities.
-Hisoka would be some clown villain in other series but he's a crazy 3rd party in hxh that affects the arcs in surprising ways.
-chrollo and the spiders hits a soft sport for many with their cool demeanor, being part of very interesting thriller-type arcs.
-illumi is interesting, with his love for killua and the family of powerful assassins, and he's also kind of crazy.
-Pariston is the big brain antagonist of hxh, menacing and intriguing, extremely well written for a character thats meant to be a politician.
-succession war has introduced the crazy serial killer in Tserriednich, King Nasubi who wants his family dead due to tradition, and military leaders like Benjamin and Camilla who just pop bullets and plan mischievously.

OK everything you said it your opinion. But sure I'll bit Gon giving Hisoka his badge back was the focus for a little bit honestly didn't care and I knew he would. Gon accidently meeting his father is unconventional but again not interested and don't care. Killua is generic he fights at first to be friends with Gon never seen that one before. Kurapika is essentially Susake Uchiha same motives and eye color Kurapika is better I hate Sauke but Kurapikas motives are pretty generic revenge for your fallen clan like Scorpion in Mortal Kombat. Plus the stuff you said about it being human beings is really dumb humans are the villains all the time. Hisoka has the look of Joker DC comics with the powers on Gambit from Marvel. Hisoka is also a pedophile clown that gets turned on by a child's power which is disgusting I don't care. Meruem never meet him because I didn't get that fair but him being the best is your opinion and not a popular one considering I never see him talked about anywhere on the internet when someone asks who is the best villain. I don't know the other characters so I'm not gonna say anything. I don't know why people get so offended by me saying HxH is nothing special. Steins;Gate is my favorite anime and I don't go around saying it's the best because it's not nothing is. When someone says Steins;Gate is trash I'm fine with that its not for everyone unless they give stupid reasons. Leorio is the only character that is actually unique and the writer does nothing with him instead we get Gon giving badge back to clown and finding daddy, Killua who can murder people since he was like 4 or something that wants friends and Kurapika with a basic revenge story.
May 6, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2012
CyborgSaber said:
k11chi said:

also what sets hxh apart from other series is the great amount of interesting personalities.

OK everything you said it your opinion. But sure I'll bit Gon giving Hisoka his badge back was the focus for a little bit honestly didn't care and I knew he would. Gon accidently meeting his father is unconventional but again not interested and don't care. Killua is generic he fights at first to be friends with Gon never seen that one before. Kurapika is essentially Susake Uchiha same motives and eye color Kurapika is better I hate Sauke but Kurapikas motives are pretty generic revenge for your fallen clan like Scorpion in Mortal Kombat. Plus the stuff you said about it being human beings is really dumb humans are the villains all the time. Hisoka has the look of Joker DC comics with the powers on Gambit from Marvel. Hisoka is also a pedophile clown that gets turned on by a child's power which is disgusting I don't care. Meruem never meet him because I didn't get that fair but him being the best is your opinion and not a popular one considering I never see him talked about anywhere on the internet when someone asks who is the best villain. I don't know the other characters so I'm not gonna say anything. I don't know why people get so offended by me saying HxH is nothing special. Steins;Gate is my favorite anime and I don't go around saying it's the best because it's not nothing is. When someone says Steins;Gate is trash I'm fine with that its not for everyone unless they give stupid reasons. Leorio is the only character that is actually unique and the writer does nothing with him instead we get Gon giving badge back to clown and finding daddy, Killua who can murder people since he was like 4 or something that wants friends and Kurapika with a basic revenge story.

Gon didn't accidentally meet his father. Gon met him because no one was allowed to get out of the election. The ramifications (neteros death) or CA caused that to happen, so it indirectly caused Gon to meet Ging (who would have normally dipped from the city as he didn't want to mee Gon).

How is Killua - the killer assassin - generic? lmao. He's one of the most original and perfectly balanced deuteragonists in anime history.

Chimera Ant arc is often considered one of the greatest arcs in general. It has the poetic style and nuance to allow for that.
I literally don't see anyone claim steins gate is one of the greatest pieces of fiction while CA is often - like really often - in the top 5 lists of "peak fiction".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.