Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2021 10:57 PM

Jan 2020
What's with the massive drop from 8.34 to 8.18? Just because people mistook the ending or people giving different score from this and special in June? And how will this rating drop , any chance it will be 7.9 anyway?
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 14, 2021 12:18 AM
Jan 2021
At the same that it bothered me a lot that the anime didn’t ended properly, for me, the series doesn’t deserve to be below an 8. It’s really a shame…
Apr 14, 2021 12:26 AM

Jan 2020
As it gets more popular and more people watch, I think it will drop. It was doing well up until episode 10 and it went downhill. I still can't process the ending and the addition of Frill f'ed it up.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 14, 2021 12:43 AM

Jun 2019
I hope not... it would be sad, bc it's a very unique show with unique characters and a very interesting themes.
I was so happy, that an unuique anime got a bit popular and not only the next fighting shounen again.
But we will see.
Apr 14, 2021 1:36 AM

Nov 2020
I guess it could drop, but yeah it really doesn't deserve this. it was so refreshing to see something so different and imo the "ending" wasn't all that bad.

my anime list
spotify anime playlist
click for the feels

discord: liquidgold#3478
Apr 14, 2021 1:59 AM
Dec 2020
I think people thought that episode 13 was the ending and it’s not. I don’t really get why though since anyone who’s active on this website should be aware that there more.
said the lolicon bastard
Apr 14, 2021 2:30 AM

May 2020
When people write negative reviews, there will always be some influence on the ratings. Casuals will stay away if they do read them and anime vets will generally be harsher. MyAnimeList has also become more picky since the year I’ve joined. People also did not like the ending so premature raters may have lowered their score.

signature by
nightshadekait
Apr 14, 2021 2:31 AM

Mar 2020
I hope it doesn't, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it does.
A lot of people aren't aware that this wasn't the last episode, and the inconclusive "ending" probably made them go "That was bad".
Hopefully, people rate the whole of it better after the last episode comes out.
Apr 14, 2021 2:59 AM
Jul 2019
They have is a whole lot more information and introduced more characters in the second last episode and then the last episode had very little to do with all the stuff we had just learned about so I don’t like the ending even if there is an extra episode so people will lower their scores when they finish the anime and don’t like the ending.
Apr 14, 2021 3:12 AM
Jan 2021
People/human hate things that they can't understand. This Anime is probably a candidate for Anime of the year in my opinion, but then again, people might think otherwise.
Apr 14, 2021 4:29 AM
Jan 2020
I gave it a 5/10, this show has a lot of problems imo.
Apr 14, 2021 5:14 AM
Aug 2019
Unfortunately people will watch the anime cause its getting a lot of attention. And the anime isn't for everyone.

When I first watched the confusion that was episode one I immediately knew one of my friends would enjoy this so I told him about it. My other friends saw how much we love this anime so they decided to give it a try. And they already dropped it after the first episode. There's a reason I didn't recommend it to them. Because it's not for them.

So as new fans come in they will watch and because I think this type of anime will have a niche fanbase it's score will go down.
Apr 14, 2021 6:34 AM
Jan 2021
Sometimes there are any animes who are too abstract and I heard this type of anime is one who isn't liked by critics. This anime, Wonder Egg Priority will can't be popular but will have strong fanbase or fandom, just like Machiavelli, Ludwig von Beethoven, or Shakespeare, trust me, don't lose any hopes.

EDITED: Hmm, I can comment this because I have seen the review section, and yeah, there are a lot of bad review givers.
teofilusSWApr 14, 2021 6:38 AM
Apr 14, 2021 6:55 AM
Feb 2020
Imo it definitely doesn’t deserve to. And it is slowing down so I think it will probably stay in the 8.1 range. Also once the true last episode comes out it will probably sway some people’s scores, and might even go back up a little bit.
Apr 14, 2021 6:57 AM
Feb 2020
JVFE said:

Not to sound mean, but what problems? Maybe I’m seeing this show through rose-colored glasses but in my opinion, outside of the last episode and the recap, this show is almost flawless.
Apr 14, 2021 8:18 AM
Jan 2020
HDR_JPTFM said:
JVFE said:

Not to sound mean, but what problems? Maybe I’m seeing this show through rose-colored glasses but in my opinion, outside of the last episode and the recap, this show is almost flawless.
It´s so much expositive, I barely needed to think, which is not necessarily bad overall, but it is in this case since the anime use a lot of symbolism, after the first episode, it basically turned into a battle shounen, every ep was -enter de dreamworld-break the egg-protect the girl-kill the monster-repeat-, the suicide girls are all bland since they don´t have time to develop them and some of theirs reasons are ridiculous, for example, "I did it so I could be with my idol" or "I did it to preserve my beauty", how am I supposed to feel empathy? Talking about empathy, the show tries so hard to provoke it that it use cheap tricks, for example, the character design, why cute girls? Well, the show gives an explaination, but it´s not a good one, and of course, the shock factor, it´s somewhat exploitative since it use heavy themes to hide it´s poor writing, the main characters are average, Ai is alright and Rika is good, but the other ones......It´s faster to say I didn´t like them since the text is kinda big now. Also didn´t like the design of the monsters, some of them are pretty lame like the "hair" monsters, Madoka did much better, and since I mentioned it, this show is very influenced by Madoka, but does everything worse(imo). The plot twist at the final episodes were pretty bad(imo), especially Frill`s story, but holy shit, this is even bigger now, I think that´s it.
Apr 14, 2021 8:26 AM

Aug 2019
thatd be kinda sad imo since rika's episode really resonated with me. i can totally see why tho considering the last episode. maybe when the actual ending comes it will rate up. not too sure tho
Apr 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
It has a chance to be 7.9, but the anime doesn't deserve that score. I'm not one of the people who got disappointed in the last episode so I hope the anime being 7.9 won't happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2021 2:05 PM
May 2020
Because people are to ignorant to not know that the ending of the season was not the actual ending lol
Apr 14, 2021 4:05 PM
Jun 2014
awww it truly doesnt belong in the 7 range
Apr 14, 2021 7:24 PM
Jul 2020
JVFE said:
HDR_JPTFM said:

It´s so much expositive, I barely needed to think, which is not necessarily bad overall, but it is in this case since the anime use a lot of symbolism, after the first episode, it basically turned into a battle shounen, every ep was -enter de dreamworld-break the egg-protect the girl-kill the monster-repeat-, the suicide girls are all bland since they don´t have time to develop them and some of theirs reasons are ridiculous, for example, "I did it so I could be with my idol" or "I did it to preserve my beauty", how am I supposed to feel empathy? Talking about empathy, the show tries so hard to provoke it that it use cheap tricks, for example, the character design, why cute girls? Well, the show gives an explaination, but it´s not a good one, and of course, the shock factor, it´s somewhat exploitative since it use heavy themes to hide it´s poor writing, the main characters are average, Ai is alright and Rika is good, but the other ones......It´s faster to say I didn´t like them since the text is kinda big now. Also didn´t like the design of the monsters, some of them are pretty lame like the "hair" monsters, Madoka did much better, and since I mentioned it, this show is very influenced by Madoka, but does everything worse(imo). The plot twist at the final episodes were pretty bad(imo), especially Frill`s story, but holy shit, this is even bigger now, I think that´s it.
I definitely agree with you, character design & animation carried the series, the score should be atleast 7.90 -7.95 the story is a bit messed up they should stick with magical themes not the Sci-Fi plot twist.
Apr 14, 2021 9:07 PM

Dec 2019
it should, I think it is way too overrated imo
Apr 15, 2021 2:15 AM
Jan 2021
I actually really loved this anime, it was really unique and different compared to other popular anime. It’s sad to see the rating drop, but I can understand why people don’t like it. This show isn’t for everyone, and I agree that the ending of the last episode was confusing but there is still the special episode coming out in June, so it’s not over yet.
Apr 15, 2021 4:55 AM
Jan 2021
Personally rated it as 8 but i get why it is dropping. It had a really good start to the point that it made think it will be the new Madoka. But the ending is inconclusive. Hopefully it will wrap things up when the special episode comes out.

7 and up is still a pretty good score though.
Apr 15, 2021 5:11 AM
Jan 2020
[quote=Normie_Simpleton message=62775191]
JVFE said:
HDR_JPTFM said:

I definitely agree with you, character design & animation carried the series, the score should be atleast 7.90 -7.95 the story is a bit messed up they should stick with magical themes not the Sci-Fi plot twist.[/
Normie_Simpleton said:
JVFE said:
I definitely agree with you, character design & animation carried the series, the score should be atleast 7.90 -7.95 the story is a bit messed up they should stick with magical themes not the Sci-Fi plot twist.
The Sci-fi part is messed up, it simply doesn’t make sense, what kind of organization would leave an experiment like Frill on the hands of 2 idiots that the show tries to sell as genius? They literally just abandon her, what a nice idea, creating an artificial girl to treat like a puppy, what could go wrong? Then, when things go wrong, they beat her phisically twice, yeah, genius.
Apr 15, 2021 6:48 AM
Sep 2019
Do people just think episode 12 was the ending and were annoyed with how it ended out of nowhere? Guys the final episode's coming in June.
Apr 15, 2021 7:07 AM

Jan 2020
Normie_Simpleton said:
JVFE said:

What ending do you want anyway? I'm really curious what do the eps 11 basher want for this show
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Apr 15, 2021 7:14 AM
Jan 2021
TheKewlPerson said:
Do people just think episode 12 was the ending and were annoyed with how it ended out of nowhere? Guys the final episode's coming in June.

It's a bit difficult to imagine what ending you want to achieve considering that in fact episode 12 of the anime (which should have been episode 11) is counted as part of the resolution / post-climax part of the story.

A lot of people have said at MAL that its premises and story development are "problematic, to the point," and reviews that say that are what are popular here.

However, I still believe that if the viewer is unable to watch and "get" anything here, they still have to be appreciated much, even just in 'good' level; at least rarely or even just them (Sony Music Entertainment Japan) who want to innovate in making anime with the concept of story and storytelling like this, and they didn't fail; at least they got fans even though we don't know how hard they understand the story, are their interpretations different now? (What I know, Sony Music Japan, either through Aniplex or MusicRay'n, has actually tried to make anime with a concept like this for the umpteenth time, there was Darling in the Franxx before, this year there was Idoly Pride besides WEP, on average it becomes popular, because it is sensational, but not all of them can make 'all audiences can enjoy and unite with the story'.)

And according to MAL calculations, the number 7 is already categorized as "good".
And hopefully they won't have any more ideas during the WEP Special Episode on June 30th.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

434 by Plkskymnga »»
Jun 26, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

303 by scorpioniclibra »»
Jun 18, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

414 by KitsuFrost »»
Jun 17, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

212 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 8, 9:04 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 9, 2021

160 by RobinEatsJuice »»
Jun 7, 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.