Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Audiobook colored manga with some motion... since this is NOT an animation at all, should MAL create a new category? lol

New
Apr 11, 2021 7:31 PM

May 2019

It is not a manga, but is not an anime too, come on.

To call this an anime... even Beserk 2006 did a better job with manga tracing + actual animation.

On other hand, i tried to read the manga after watching the 1st episode (nothing was cutted at all) and... i had to admit that watch it in place of reading was fine to me.

Aside i (successfully and thankfully) failing to be a proud weeb doing it, i can't say this anime is horrible because it is just a nice way to read the manga.

Apr 11, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2020
Ex-arm visuals > whatever this was. I'm not joking

Apr 11, 2021 7:34 PM

May 2019
The question is even Ex-Arm was an animation.

This is not, clearly not.

So what is it?
Apr 11, 2021 8:42 PM

Dec 2016
To me it had the same level of animation as Yami Shibai if not more.
Apr 11, 2021 11:42 PM
Mar 2021
Even if its not an anime i do still enjoy it more then i did the manga ... Now don't be a wack just because a anime isn't anime dosen't mean it deserve hate..
Animation is made for entertainment stop acting like a critique
And it is considered animation now if you can excuse me cause I don't even bother at commenting on things like this but i want to clear it that we all are here to enjoy ..let critique do there job
Apr 12, 2021 12:40 AM

Oct 2020
Why is everybody hating on the Style of Animation, i find the Anime enjoyable and i dont think it would have made a big difference in enjoyment if it was full animated
Apr 12, 2021 4:41 AM
Feb 2021
What’s everyone’s deal? It’s an anime but just done in a different style, don’t treat this like it’s crap or anything to look down on
Apr 12, 2021 11:37 AM
Feb 2021
Just here to collect the tears.
Apr 12, 2021 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
Yami Shibai animation >> gokushufudou
Apr 12, 2021 2:14 PM
Feb 2021
Can’t ya’ll understand it was literally an Ona go educate yourselves idiots and its not even bad I had a lot of fun watching it and yes its an anime anything animated is considered an anime but this anime is an Ona which mostly has this style actually it looks good on the story and it will be way better if it was normally animated
Apr 12, 2021 6:17 PM

Dec 2019
It was okay. I was really hoping for another anime like GTO, because that anime hasn’t aged super well tbh. It’s great don’t get me wrong, but it gets slow in the second half of the series. The way of the househusband on the other hand, had a really cool, and interesting main character with extremely fast story telling. If they didn’t make this 5 episodes long, and if it was actually animated, it would’ve been much better. However, I still think it was FINE to watch, and it wasn’t a bad show in my opinion.
Apr 13, 2021 8:09 AM

Dec 2020
I mean, this is about as much an anime as Pui Pui Molcar is...
Apr 13, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2020
YousefOtakupro said:
Can’t ya’ll understand it was literally an Ona go educate yourselves idiots and its not even bad I had a lot of fun watching it and yes its an anime anything animated is considered an anime but this anime is an Ona which mostly has this style actually it looks good on the story and it will be way better if it was normally animated

First of all, ONA = Original Net Animation, as in it never was broadcasted to television and released directly to Netflix etc., it has nothing to do with the style.
Second of all, "Can't y'all understand [...] it's not even bad" and "it will be way better if it was normally animated" contradict.
Apr 13, 2021 9:22 AM
Feb 2021
nikolol said:
YousefOtakupro said:

First of all, ONA = Original Net Animation, as in it never was broadcasted to television and released directly to Netflix etc., it has nothing to do with the style.
Second of all, "Can't y'all understand [...] it's not even bad" and "it will be way better if it was normally animated" contradict.
Well yea it looks better like this because if its normal animation it won’t have the same funny feeling for example gintama in the comedian moments the art (not animation) is actually different from the normal moments. Comedy animes always have a unique style of animation or art.
Apr 13, 2021 6:43 PM
Apr 2021
It is funny because people are just too worried about graphics, animation, style and design instead of actually thinking what matters which is 'did it manage to entertain me? Did I have a good time? Did I take something from it?'.
People always complain they are bored and want something new and when something comes up that does not stick to whatever standards people already have in mind, again they complain. Seriously, never satisfied, smh.
And I wonder if this became a huge lame joke and people got nothing else to do other than complain about other people's works.
Apr 13, 2021 10:14 PM

May 2015
If it moves, it's animation you like it or not.
Apr 14, 2021 12:32 AM
Sep 2015
Back in the 1980s there were literal OVAs that were just the manga stills coloured and dubbed.
Apr 14, 2021 4:11 AM

Oct 2017
People clearly haven't watched a lot of ONAs to realise how common this type of animation actually is.
There's still a lot of movement and the mouths moving makes up for the lack of body movement. Plus, what do you want? Them to waste their money by animating some flailing arms for no reason? All of what they already have tells the story well.
Why are people trying to pretend that all anime needs to be blockbuster quality to be good?
Apr 14, 2021 4:21 AM
May 2009
They took the Queen bee route.
Stills with minimal animation basically the manga in color with audio..............
Its not a bad thing it can test the market.
But for us who expected to see it animated with movement this is disappointing.
The manga comes through since its basically manga on screen. So the jokes and everything are great. Just animation wise nothing to celebrate about.
Apr 14, 2021 4:23 AM

Jul 2020
Dennisss said:
Why is everybody hating on the Style of Animation, i find the Anime enjoyable and i dont think it would have made a big difference in enjoyment if it was full animated

Same dude.I find the comedy pretty enjoyable.JC staff have already made a motion manga in the past and nobody seem to hate it.This is all nothing but a hate trend.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 14, 2021 4:37 AM

Nov 2014
It's an anime
...with Queen Bee level animation.
Apr 14, 2021 8:37 AM

Dec 2020
YousefOtakupro said:
nikolol said:

Well yea it looks better like this because if its normal animation it won’t have the same funny feeling for example gintama in the comedian moments the art (not animation) is actually different from the normal moments. Comedy animes always have a unique style of animation or art.

I agree with that the style goes well with the comedy, but I can't help but find it a bit disappointing, considering that the manga had great art.
Apr 15, 2021 7:41 AM
Oct 2019
Y'all just can't understand the Director Aesthetic Artstyle.
It's different, you may not like it.
But doesn't mean it's bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokushufudou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Apr 8, 2021

117 by adis »»
Apr 11, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Gokushufudou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 8, 2021

94 by ChaserJ »»
Feb 5, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Gokushufudou Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 8, 2021

32 by ChaserJ »»
Feb 5, 4:37 PM

Poll: » Gokushufudou Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 8, 2021

25 by ChaserJ »»
Feb 5, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Gokushufudou Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Apr 8, 2021

37 by ChaserJ »»
Feb 5, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.