Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you think ATTACK ON TITAN is the best anime ?
Apr 2, 2021 7:29 PM
Jul 2020
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2021 7:30 PM
Jul 2020
personally, yes.|

objectively speaking, no.
Apr 2, 2021 7:50 PM
Feb 2021
it's not the best manga but is probably the best anime
Apr 2, 2021 7:53 PM

Jun 2020
There is no "best anime" but this is my favorite
Apr 2, 2021 7:58 PM
Oct 2020
Well. Can't say the best. But personally it's my favorite. And anyway best is a subjective word.
Apr 2, 2021 8:02 PM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
Nope, I love Attack on Titan but it's definitely not the best anime imo. For me its the Monogatari series. The most important thing for me is the chatscters, and imo monogatari quite possibly has the best written characters in all anime. To top it off, it has a beautiful artstyle and a really unique feel to it.
Apr 2, 2021 8:03 PM
Nov 2020
Lmao how insecure can aot fans be hahahaha
Apr 2, 2021 8:04 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Lmao no, not even close for me.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 2, 2021 8:06 PM

Apr 2020
One of my favorites but is not the best
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2021 8:07 PM

Aug 2020
How could I know if it is the best anime if I have not seen all the animes that exist to verify it?
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Apr 2, 2021 8:11 PM
Sep 2020
Maybe change the question to "is it your favorite", but yeah, its mine
Apr 2, 2021 8:31 PM

Jun 2020
Lol it doesn't even come into my top 20 list
Apr 2, 2021 8:38 PM

Jan 2020
I don't care if it's best or not, but it's my personal favorite. I recommended it to many of my friends who weren't into anime and they love it, and that's another thing I like about it.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Apr 2, 2021 8:38 PM

Aug 2018
hell no. attack on titan isn't the best anime, but it's one of my favs.
Apr 2, 2021 8:44 PM

Mar 2021
If anyone unironically thinks that then that means they just need to watch more anime .
Apr 2, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2020
No there are better anime like Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Apr 2, 2021 8:53 PM
Oct 2020
No lmao fmab> but aot still goated
Apr 2, 2021 8:59 PM
Mar 2020
Definitely not. The anime and manga is good but attack on titan doesn’t have that title of “best anime”
Apr 2, 2021 9:06 PM
Feb 2021
For someone like me who’s still kinda newer to the anime scene I definitely feel attack on titan is a fantastic anime show most definitely, it is definitely 1 of my top favorites but I wouldn’t say the best for me personally
Apr 2, 2021 9:08 PM
Oct 2020
there’s literally no such thing as “the best anime”? but imo, no. not even close to my top 10
Apr 2, 2021 9:20 PM
Mar 2018
Its one of my all time favourites but definitely not the best . There are hundreds of good anime , and everyone has their individual tastes.
Apr 2, 2021 9:34 PM

Dec 2020
FAISAL_FATHIE said:

AoT is one of my favorites but not the best,I honestly like Silent Voice,Code Geass,Death Note,I want to eat your pancreas more.
But everyone has their own choice and taste

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

Apr 2, 2021 9:37 PM

Sep 2014
solele said:

Those two phrases mean exactly the same thing. Your favourite anime is the best anime to you. My favourite anime is the best anime to me.
Apr 2, 2021 9:38 PM
Apr 2021
Until the second season is a good anime, after that is ugly
Apr 2, 2021 9:39 PM

Jul 2020
I can say for sure that it is my personal favorite anime; but stating it as an objective fact, then no. The way I see it, there is no objective best anime
Apr 2, 2021 9:48 PM
Nov 2020
Hrybami said:
solele said:

Those two phrases mean exactly the same thing. Your favourite anime is the best anime to you. My favourite anime is the best anime to me.

It isn’t for everyone though. My favorite anime is Naruto(Naruto is forever) but I know it’s far from the best. It’s not even in my top 10
Apr 2, 2021 9:53 PM

Sep 2014
Roger1 said:
Hrybami said:

It isn’t for everyone though. My favorite anime is Naruto(Naruto is forever) but I know it’s far from the best. It’s not even in my top 10

How can your favourite anime isn't in your top 10? This doesn't make any sense. Please explain this to me.
Apr 2, 2021 9:55 PM

Dec 2020
You haven't watched Ex Arm, do you ?
Apr 2, 2021 9:58 PM
Sep 2020
Hrybami said:
solele said:

Just the tone really, "best" will definitely arouse a lot more unneeded toxicity as it sounds objective, while people realize "favorite" is completely subjective.
Apr 2, 2021 10:00 PM

Jul 2019
Different people different opinions. Haters will speak loud but go with majority. Btw its one of the best for sure.
Apr 2, 2021 10:01 PM
Oct 2018
Not my favourite although its pretty high up for me.
Apr 2, 2021 10:06 PM

Jan 2021
The best? Nope.

One of the best? Yes.
Apr 2, 2021 10:07 PM

Jan 2020
For me, it isn't number one but it's very good

Apr 2, 2021 10:12 PM

Sep 2014
solele said:
Hrybami said:

Just the tone really, "best" will definitely arouse a lot more unneeded toxicity as it sounds objective, while people realize "favorite" is completely subjective.

Everyone should know that the best anime is entirely subjective.
Apr 2, 2021 10:18 PM
Nov 2020
Hrybami said:
Roger1 said:

How can your favourite anime isn't in your top 10? This doesn't make any sense. Please explain this to me.

Cause I grew up with Naruto and it’s my peace anime that’s why it’s my favorite for life. But I know the anime is average. All those fillers, the plot armors and other things make it objectively not good that’s why it’s not in my top 10. I even collect naruto figures. That’s how much I like naruto. fmab or code geass or death note is in my top 10 but I don’t have even a single one from them. My favorite is what gives me the most fun.
Apr 2, 2021 10:38 PM
May 2020
No but it's certainly one of the best animes
Apr 2, 2021 10:47 PM
Feb 2021
The thing is: i cant decide
AOT, Bungou stray dogs, MHA. Idk witch is better, but id i have to choose then:
1. Bungou stray dogs, 2. MHA, 3. AOT bc i didnt liked the Last season that much like the season 3 or the season 2😕
Apr 2, 2021 10:48 PM
Sep 2020
Hrybami said:
solele said:

Bro, this is MAL we're talking about
Apr 2, 2021 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
Roger1 said:
Hrybami said:

Cause I grew up with Naruto and it’s my peace anime that’s why it’s my favorite for life. But I know the anime is average. All those fillers, the plot armors and other things make it objectively not good that’s why it’s not in my top 10. I even collect naruto figures. That’s how much I like naruto. fmab or code geass or death note is in my top 10 but I don’t have even a single one from them. My favorite is what gives me the most fun.

Well if Naruto is your favourite, then it must have done things better than the other anime. If the other anime are that better like you said, then you would have enjoyed them more and they would be your new favourite. I don't know why you would give an excuse for not liking Naruto like fillers and plot armour when ultimately the most important thing is enjoyment. And if an anime is enjoyable despite the fillers and the other thing, then it's really a well written anime because otherwise you wouldn't have liked it.
Apr 2, 2021 10:59 PM

Aug 2020
Well it is one of my favorite anime's but I don't think it's the 'best' anime at all, I don't think any anime is the best, no matter how good it is.

♥️ 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽 ♥️

“𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮, 𝓣𝓪𝓲𝓰𝓪, 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓲𝓭.” – 𝓣𝓪𝓲𝓰𝓪 𝓐𝓲𝓼𝓪𝓴𝓪

Apr 2, 2021 11:07 PM

Sep 2014
solele said:
Hrybami said:

Bro, this is MAL we're talking about

Bro, this is not my problem if someone think they can see objectivity in anime.
Apr 2, 2021 11:11 PM

Nov 2015
Haven't watch it so... :)
Apr 2, 2021 11:15 PM
May 2020
It’s a great anime and manga. Best is a subjective valuation. But I’ll try to explain why it likely is not. AoT is cool to its core, and tackles some great themes, but it doesn’t tackle everything. However I t does manage to express the themes it does encompass very well. AoT has a great world and wonderful story that is well thought out. The things it lacks in my opinion are the personal touches like romance and friendship. Sure, they were fleshed out in the earlier seasons, but it seems like they were abandoned around season 2. We’ll see if they can salvage these themes in the second part of the season, but with how the manga progresses I doubt it. AoT seems to have taken the turn to explore how someone would react against a world that hates them and wants to see them dead. Without some very specific and careful character development and plot manipulation, I doubt AoT will be able to turn that corner. That does not change the fact that it’s a captivating world and story.
Apr 2, 2021 11:21 PM
Nov 2020
Hrybami said:
Roger1 said:

Well if Naruto is your favourite, then it must have done things better than the other anime. If the other anime are that better like you said, then you would have enjoyed them more and they would be your new favourite. I don't know why you would give an excuse for not liking Naruto like fillers and plot armour when ultimately the most important thing is enjoyment. And if an anime is enjoyable despite the fillers and the other thing, then it's really a well written anime because otherwise you wouldn't have liked it.

I skipped a lot of fillers especially in the infinite tsukuyomi arc though. Naruto is a loveable anime but it still has so many flaws so it can’t be the best. Where did I give the excuse for not liking Naruto when it’s literally my favorite??? Naruto gives a relaxing vibe and as I said I grew up with it. Best is objectively in my pov(mind) while favorite is what I love the most(heart) if that helps in explaining why best and favorite is very different.
Apr 2, 2021 11:29 PM
Feb 2021
No there are many better anime than aot just don't overrate it by calling it The best anime .
Apr 2, 2021 11:31 PM

Sep 2014
Roger1 said:
Hrybami said:

I skipped a lot of fillers especially in the infinite tsukuyomi arc though. Naruto is a loveable anime but it still has so many flaws so it can’t be the best. Where did I give the excuse for not liking Naruto when it’s literally my favorite??? Naruto gives a relaxing vibe and as I said I grew up with it. Best is objectively in my pov(mind) while favorite is what I love the most(heart) if that helps in explaining why best and favorite is very different.

I'm sorry, but what you're saying is really confusing. Why do you give excuse to prove that Naruto is not the best tho? Couldn't you do the exact same thing with Code Geass, Death note or Hagane no Renkinjutsushi? Because as far as I recall they have similar problem than what you're describing with Naruto.
Apr 2, 2021 11:38 PM
Oct 2020
Hrybami said:
Roger1 said:

It’s actually pretty easy if you think about best and favorite. Think about you having two pens. The first one look’s nicer so it’s your favorite pen but the pen doesn’t really work well. While the second pen doesn’t look nice in your eyes but it works better that’s why the second pen is the best. The first pen was more your style (favorite) but the second works better(best). Xdd sorry i used weird example.
Apr 2, 2021 11:47 PM

Sep 2014
Silyy said:
Hrybami said:

It’s actually pretty easy if you think about best and favorite. Think about you having two pens. The first one look’s nicer so it’s your favorite pen but the pen doesn’t really work well. While the second pen doesn’t look nice in your eyes but it works better that’s why the second pen is the best. The first pen was more your style (favorite) but the second works better(best). Xdd sorry i used weird example.

Yeah I can see that, but what you seem to say is that favourite is associated with a different feature of anime than best. Which just seem really weird because if you want to separate your favourite in different categories then you should use different words instead of using a synonym of the word favourite and speak like they mean different things. Like favourite/best anime for its visual/character/plot/enjoyment/etc. Instead of saying favourite anime means the one I enjoy the most while the best anime has the better plot.
Apr 2, 2021 11:50 PM
Nov 2020
Hrybami said:
Roger1 said:

I'm sorry, but what you're saying is really confusing. Why do you give excuse to prove that Naruto is not the best tho? Couldn't you do the exact same thing with Code Geass, Death note or Hagane no Renkinjutsushi? Because as far as I recall they have similar problem than what you're describing with Naruto.

It’s not the best FOR ME but it’s still my favorite is what I’m saying. Those 3 have very little problems objectively compared to Naruto. Like the comment above, if my best friend gifts me a pen even if I have a better pen, the gift will still be my favorite pen just cause it’s from my best friend. You treasure your favorite things even if they’re not the best.
Apr 2, 2021 11:55 PM
Mar 2019
FAISAL_FATHIE said:
FAISAL_FATHIE said:

Ummmm..............No
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

691 by Ninnox »»
May 1, 12:33 PM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.