Forum Settings
Forums

How do you watch your anime? on a TV or monitor?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 3, 2021 10:38 PM

Jun 2010
I watch in all platform but rarely on the phone unless I'm outside and especially waiting for someone in the cafe or restaurant or at the doctor's office. While at home, I will prefer the computer, laptop or TV.
Apr 3, 2021 10:44 PM

Jan 2016
Mainly on my laptop's monitor. The quality is far superior than my cheap TV's screen and its dirty-sounded speaker.
Apr 3, 2021 10:50 PM
Oct 2016
phone,i tried it on laptop but can't match the comfort level of phone so 99% on phone
Apr 3, 2021 11:04 PM

Nov 2020
I just watch it on my phone or tablet (phone kinda ruins the experience co sod the small screen but the tablet screen is convenient for me)

Sep 2012
On my 70" TV :)

Got the movies vibe going.

Jan 2021
Both monitor and tablet. In the daytime, I watch from a monitor at my desk. At night, I use my tablet to watch in bed before I go to sleep. I watch a lot more anime at night because that's when I have the most time to do so. My tablet isn't small anyways so the screen feels large enough to enjoy whatever it is that I'm watching. Sometimes, I feel it's easier to read the subtitles too.

When I was in college, I used my phone to watch anime during passing periods or lunch breaks. However, I only watched a few shows during that time. It was still a decent alternative for on-the-go watching.
Apr 4, 2021 1:53 AM

Dec 2015
a 17 inch laptop does the job - i could connect it to the much bigger living room tv but, well, you know how anime can sometimes be. not for your mother's eyes. (except for bungou stray dogs, she liked it.)
Apr 4, 2021 3:46 AM

Apr 2020
I just sit on my couch with my laptop, I don't really want to watch it on the tv like a tv show because its "anime" lol
I'm just more comfortable with a laptop monitor tbh, I sometimes watch anime on my ipad if I go on a trip etc which I'm fine with but phones are pathetic lol
Apr 4, 2021 3:48 AM

Jun 2020
i watch most of my anime on my macbook or on my phone lol
cant watch on pc headphones get too hot
Apr 4, 2021 5:16 AM

Aug 2012
Mostly watch on my laptop while laying down in bed. Sometimes I'll hook the HDMI up to the TV and watch that way. On rare occasions I've had to watch on my phone due to power outages (I live in California. I HATE PG&E they just need to update their damn lines already and stop knocking peoples power out when there isn't even wind because they think there is going to be wind! -_-" Living in a high fire area sucks ass!)
Apr 4, 2021 5:44 AM

Apr 2020
MufatNuts said:
Honestly some of you guys need to use a laptop, literally perfect for it all (atleast if you are at home). Position yourself anywhere and you'll find a way. Sitting at a desk? Easy, just put it on the desk. Laying down in bed? put it diagonally on your thighs and stomach, or lay flat and put it on your stomach (this will hurt your neck sometimes) or the best way IMO is to turn to the side and turn your laptop to the side so it balances on the bed at that 90 degree-ish angle.

Good for you. Believe me, I tried it on laptop. It's good when I'm just sitting. But when I'm laying down in bed? Nah. It just doesn't work for me. You see I change my position a lot lmao and the laptop being heavy doesn't help either. I guess it just takes some getting used to.
Apr 4, 2021 5:59 AM

Sep 2016
most of the time I'd watch on my phone in bed or outside. then when I'm at home with nothing to do I'd watch it on my laptop. I also used to watch it on the tv with my mum's Netflix but she got annoyed with how often I watched so I can't use the tv anymore welp
Jun 19, 2021 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
If I'm able to: on the large living room TV with HD quality and surround sound.

Usually: on my smaller TV in my room while reclined on my bed.

Sometimes: on my laptop while sitting at my desk.

Rarely: on my phone while I'm out and can't watch on anything else.
Jun 19, 2021 6:19 PM
Dec 2019
How dare you call us, anime phone watchers, pathetic?

In a phone, you can use a volume that won't annoy anyone in the house and still be able to hear everything fine. Not only that, but it's easier to concentrate when you're very close to the screen, and even if it's smaller, it's at least better than TV, because you would be so far from it that you would actually see everything worse than in a cellphone (or you have a giant TV)

And, last but not least, watching on a cellphone gives you the most confort, you can just go and watch it in a thousand different positions in your bed, instead of using a chair or, god forbid, sitting from the distance at a sofa

The only real downside of watching on cellphone is not being able to appreciate animation well
Jun 19, 2021 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
the phone grind is the ultimate grind. absolute comfort and infinite possibilities.
Jun 19, 2021 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
I watch anime on my ROG Strix XG258Q PC gaming monitor, line up ladies
Jun 20, 2021 11:04 AM

May 2021
Well, I do all three of them.. I watch on the TV if it's a longer evening and I have the time and the chill to do so. I'll watch it on my laptop most of the time, due to comfort and easiness and on my tablet when I don't have a lot of time, for example, right before I have to leave for school. It's easier to pick up a device such as a tablet to watch one episode than it is to start the laptop and such. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 20, 2021 1:55 PM

Jul 2015
Watch on TV mostly streaming on Roku.
Jun 20, 2021 2:24 PM

Jul 2019
TV or Laptop. Phone will make me fall asleep no cap.
Jun 20, 2021 2:56 PM

Mar 2021
laptop

used to watch on phone
watching on phone now feels uncomfortable
Jun 20, 2021 2:58 PM

Sep 2020
I usually watch most of my anime on my computer, but I also like watching it on my phone because I can lay/sit in any position and still have a good view of what I'm watching since I can move it around easily.
Jun 20, 2021 3:03 PM
Apr 2020
Sometimes I watch anime in TV but people close to me doesn't seem to like sound of the shows I am watching so I just watch most on my laptop so no one will mind if I watch an ecchi anime and girls does the kyaah or moe sounds

Jun 20, 2021 3:59 PM

Aug 2020
hohofish said:
For me, I watch from TV most of the time. (Play by a laptop connected with HDMI)
When I'm at work, I would have to watch from a monitor, but man, my company's monitor is shit.

Well, both. I like to watch anime in front of my monitor, but I have a hooked receiver up to my PC and my TV. When I want to watch it on my TV, I turn it on, and it becomes a monitor; after that, I just unplug the jack plug and, voila, home cinema.
Feel free to add me! ^,^
Jun 20, 2021 7:08 PM

Apr 2008
I use google chrome cast and cast it to my television from my laptop. It's also nice because I can have it pretty loud since my TV is in the basement so my roommate doesn't have to hear it.
Jun 24, 2022 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
I like to watch from my PC but maybe sometimes I'll watch from tablet.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

49 by APolygons2 »»
32 seconds ago

» Is there any specific setting or theme you’re biased to

nishant0 - 35 minutes ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
38 seconds ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 3 hours ago

18 by Saiunknown »»
3 minutes ago

» Visual Novels β€” General Thread

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

15 by Shizuna »»
5 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

30 by Miyamotodex23 »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.