Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2021 11:52 PM
Jan 2021
Seriously, did anyone else just absolutely laugh at the amount of shitty writing that this entire season entailed? We literally had a whole ass season rushed through a powerpoint slideshow in a matter of minutes by the end of the last episode. As an anime-only, I dunno what the plot is but wtf I think that fuckin floating sage and big ass dragon are EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, yet seems like the author deemed them so worthless that they were stuffed into what felt like my english presentation that I did at 4 am after neglecting it for 3 weeks.

I know a lot of people were heavily disappointed but I couldn't even just be upset, I just laughed. The entire latter half of this season was me literally going "There's no way they're doing this, they can't be THAT incompetent with writing." I have never seen SO MUCH PLOT ARMOR in an anime, and by god I have binged all of Fairy Tail and the "power of friendship" was by far a better asspull plot point than everything TPN S2 tried to justify.

This is Disney Star Wars Sequels levels of bad, please for the love of God make a different ending, write a whole ass new season because this is just terrible.

Anyone else agree or disagree?
Mar 29, 2021 12:36 AM

Sep 2009
This was posted at the perfect time! I just finished it and I had to laugh at that ending montage. Just... what??? LOL

I thought that the manga being finished would equate to a fully fleshed out and well produced anime, but I was dead wrong. Everything was too goddamn convenient and rushed! Did they not secure enough funding? Because surely people wouldn't have minded waiting for another season if it meant care would be put into the plot. To think, we had an incredible first season, so good that I basically binged it in one night, only for us to receive this mediocre ending. You hate to see it!

Peter's suicide wasn't satisfying so the theatrics were a waste of time. But bless him for giving us some antagonist backstory dialogue, it reminded me of Light's final Kira rant for a moment. Also, because we are already laughing at this ridiculously "perfect" ending, lets talk about them integrating into the human world. I didn't expect to see *our* modern world. You mean to tell me that they went to America, of all places??? Life would be better off on the farms where everyone is eating good, playing tag, and sticking together as one big loving family, especially now that the demons no longer need to eat humans. It's just a huge joke, like I HAVE to laugh! Lmaooo
Mar 29, 2021 12:48 AM

Jun 2016
that kid's name is Emma too: kek
that slideshow with a dragon thing: topkek
fuck your plan just be nice to everybody see how conveniently everything worked out?: TOPPEST OF KEKS
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 29, 2021 2:30 AM

Feb 2016
mitsukirox101 said:
This was posted at the perfect time! I just finished it and I had to laugh at that ending montage. Just... what??? LOL

I thought that the manga being finished would equate to a fully fleshed out and well produced anime, but I was dead wrong. Everything was too goddamn convenient and rushed! Did they not secure enough funding? Because surely people wouldn't have minded waiting for another season if it meant care would be put into the plot. To think, we had an incredible first season, so good that I basically binged it in one night, only for us to receive this mediocre ending. You hate to see it!

Peter's suicide wasn't satisfying so the theatrics were a waste of time. But bless him for giving us some antagonist backstory dialogue, it reminded me of Light's final Kira rant for a moment. Also, because we are already laughing at this ridiculously "perfect" ending, lets talk about them integrating into the human world. I didn't expect to see *our* modern world. You mean to tell me that they went to America, of all places??? Life would be better off on the farms where everyone is eating good, playing tag, and sticking together as one big loving family, especially now that the demons no longer need to eat humans. It's just a huge joke, like I HAVE to laugh! Lmaooo

Yeah they animated around 150 chapters in 11 episodes (counting the skipped chapters too)
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Mar 29, 2021 3:16 AM
Jan 2021
If they slapped a Comedy tag, this would probably be a 7 or 8 show, seeing how people are not upset anymore and just literally laugh at the stupidity of this show.
Mar 29, 2021 5:20 AM
Jul 2020
Normally I would have had a good laugh at something like this, but as someone who went in without knowing S2 was going to be the final season and because I had already partly tuned out after the better but still pretty bland first half, I was almost caught off guard by how fast we plunged off the cliff. Like, when that montage started it took me a little while to realize what was going on.

"No. No. Wait, is this really happening? They can't be doing a montage for the ending. Even this is too low for them despite the obvious rush job...right? No? This is insane lmao". Frankly, I think I'm still in shock. Watch me burst into laughter in about an hour after it's worn off.

Speaking of, has there ever been an anime which ended with a freakin montage? I know there's been plenty that ended in rushed fashion, but this is...I don't know what this is. If I were a part of the team working on this, I think I'd rather have faked my own death and started a new life in another country than have to be associated with an ending like this. Well, really, a horrible final third of a season.

Think it's time for some Gintama to get this horrible taste out of my mouth. Might take a few dozen episodes until I can get over this trauma.
Mar 29, 2021 6:20 AM

Apr 2016
I gave this season a 2 instead of 1 only because of how unintentionally (or maybe intentionally? who knows) hilarious this show was. I was laughing through many moments, but the power point presentation at the end was just the best joke I've seen in any anime.
ChroNoiR Episode.0 is the best anime to ever exist

Kanae forever in my heart

Mar 29, 2021 8:18 AM

Feb 2016
I do understand your view. I’m just too attached to the manga to appreciate the efforts of the uncredited writer.

sheagoodbye7 said:
If I were a part of the team working on this, I think I'd rather have faked my own death and started a new life in another country than have to be associated with an ending like this.

You’re not the only one.
https://comicbook.com/anime/amp/news/the-promised-neverland-season-2-bad-anime-credit/

Hot_Green_Tea said:
If they slapped a Comedy tag, this would probably be a 7 or 8 show, seeing how people are not upset anymore and just literally laugh at the stupidity of this show.

Mayoiga begs to differ.
その目だれの目?
Mar 29, 2021 4:03 PM
Jul 2020
sheagoodbye7 said:
If I were a part of the team working on this, I think I'd rather have faked my own death and started a new life in another country than have to be associated with an ending like this.

Lol, thanks for this. Honestly, I do feel bad for anybody tied to the project who did not want this farce to take place and I'm sure there are a lot of those folks. They don't deserve any backlash or blame. This is all on management and/or the people at the very top of the food chain.
Mar 29, 2021 5:32 PM

Jun 2020
No. No, I did not laugh. This was not "so bad that it's good", no, it was straight up shit
Mar 29, 2021 5:44 PM

Sep 2009
L0sMichal0s said:
mitsukirox101 said:

Yeah they animated around 150 chapters in 11 episodes (counting the skipped chapters too)

150 chapters!? It's giving madness lmao
Mar 29, 2021 6:49 PM

Aug 2020
damn you have a point. I bursted out laughing when I saw the powerpoint playing especially when they covered 2 of the arcs there lmao.
Mar 30, 2021 1:16 PM

Jul 2019
The pacing in the last couple of episodes was already odd enough. I thought "Ok, maybe they are receiving some pressure from the higher ups and have to ditch the exposition and finish things fast" but no - even better - they put what seemed to be 2 seasons worth of story into a couple of frames. Hilarious!

Seeing how the story progressed the ending is kind of fitting. TalknoJutsu, no thriller and horror elements anymore, basic fing logic has also been ditched, the world building changed unreasonably. For me personally everything went downhill from episode 7 when Norman suddenly understood the concept of death despite being a genious and just having commited mass demoncide.

Season 1 is a gem with rewatch value but this season was but a misstake.
Mar 30, 2021 2:12 PM

Jan 2020
But comedies are supposed to be funny? this was just straight up garbage

Mar 31, 2021 11:02 AM
Feb 2021
My reaction to episode 11

What? No! *starts laughing*
No!
You can't make this shit up
*more laughing*
Mar 31, 2021 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
The end of episode 10 felt like a number from High School Musical. It's such a farce that this went from peak horror anime to literally The Lion King's "Hakuna Matata."

It means no worries, for the rest of your daaaaays. It's our problem free! Philosophy! Hakuna Matata!
Apr 1, 2021 7:04 PM
Mar 2021
Plot convenience,ass pulls, power of friendship,and no build up and tension are joys to see. They make me laugh everytime.
Apr 1, 2021 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
1st season- (9)
2nd season- (9)

Strictly, the promise to meet his family again, was the central point of the argument and they succeeded or. Many times because of a bad episode, we do not take into account all the development that it had.

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.