Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2021 5:15 PM
Jan 2021
This anime has been great for me from the beginning but just the ending was very irritating. I don't understand why when rikka actually genuinely wanted to grow up and she was not being forced by anything and he just went ahead and was like no don't grow up because I don't want you to. I know it's meant to be cute and everything but it still very irritating
Mar 28, 2021 8:33 PM
Nov 2020
a part of me just wants Rikka to not have chuunibyou but thats what makes Rikka Rikka
Mar 28, 2021 11:31 PM
Jul 2020
MrFlakey said:
This anime has been great for me from the beginning but just the ending was very irritating. I don't understand why when rikka actually genuinely wanted to grow up and she was not being forced by anything and he just went ahead and was like no don't grow up because I don't want you to. I know it's meant to be cute and everything but it still very irritating

Yea it’s a hit or miss ending some people might think it was a good decision others may see it as a bad ending but I think I’m in the middle like yea it would’ve been cool if rikka matured but it’s not like a hate the ending I feel that the whole story to me was good that a mid ending doesn’t affect it that much but that’s my opinion would love to hear other people’s opinion
Mar 29, 2021 1:54 AM
Dec 2020
Well, I think they just repeated the same idea again: Love him or keep your powers. We saw this idea in Ren, didn't we?
Mar 29, 2021 2:22 AM
Jun 2019
No, i love that kiss
Mar 29, 2021 3:41 AM
Oct 2020
misaghi said:
Well, I think they just repeated the same idea again: Love him or keep your powers. We saw this idea in Ren, didn't we?

In my interpretation, Chuunibyou is all about solving Rikka's problem with her identity, her Chuunibyou-ness, and each entries deals with different problems. First season is about Rikka dealing with her past, Ren with her present, and Take on Me with her future.

In Ren, Rikka tried to give Yuuta something because she love him and they're now in a genuine relationship. But with Satone being around and her inabilities of expressing her love more explicitly and getting closer to Yuuta like genuine couple because of her shyness, she's afraid of not being good enough and not having a place in his heart, so she tried her best to awaken Yuuta's power that was mentioned in his book, even if it seems insignificant. The "love him or keep your power" is just a foreshadowing from Satone, a future that will come to her if she chose to stick around with Yuuta, but that's not her main problem at the moment.

Take on Me finally get her into dealing with the question "love him or keep your power", because now she realized that love won't work with her being too selfish, so there's a chance that she'd eventually graduate from her Chuunibyou phase, which scares her because she knows that Yuuta love her current self. But with Yuuta promising that he'll always love her because he guarantees that there'll be something new after the Chuunibyou phase, she can now move past the insecurity by still loving Yuuta while also keeping her identity until it's finally fade away.
CatgirlKomiMar 29, 2021 3:44 AM
May 10, 2021 9:54 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah right ? All this build up only to keep the status quo. Again. All this for nothing! except that they're a couple, and most likely soon to be married if you take the ring + wedding bouquet teasing.

I have no idea what they did in the light novel, but this sucks. I was finally especting a real character development for them...

"Being mentally ill is fun and it's her only personallity so let's keep it longer".
They BOTH need to grow out of it. They're encouraging each other mutually to <<keep living the fantasy>>. That's not a healthy relationship at all + after the credits he basically admit he likes her because she's crazy.
TitadouMay 10, 2021 9:57 AM
Jun 1, 2021 4:30 PM
Jul 2017
Wow. People really got pissed off. You still realize this is an anime, right? And the characters are like 18?

The movie was fitting for both the series theme and the characters. Rikka feared how Yuuta would treat her if she changed in the future, and he just said the obvious, he loves her, even if she loses her chuunibyou. Her fear wasn't that idiotic, since everything that happened in the series was because of their chuunibyou.

In the end, they finally kissed as real lovers. 10/10. Give time and there will be a lot of little yuutas and rikkas in the house.
Jun 16, 2021 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
Well, she just wasn't ready to give up being chunibyo, but it was inferred that she will grow out of it.
Jun 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2020
Same i loved season 1 tbh, but season 2 and the movie just became improve and develop rikka x yuuta because the other characters dont matter. And this movie was good but that ending wasnt satisfying, rikka stayed the same atleast they kissed? However this series had alot of potential without a doubt, it missed so many oppertunities to develop vital characters like isshiki(Who became a comedic relief all of a sudden) the only thing i truely enjoyed was the comedy and tbh nibutani and that hammer girl were far more entertaining then the main duo. There were no proper concluisons to the characters as well. Now i know i should nt be complaining that much but it is a Slice of life anime and those are the things what makes this genre so special. All in 75/100(Was 93 before but well)
234MannanJun 16, 2021 1:53 PM
Jul 29, 2021 8:08 AM
Feb 2021
No, it's not disappointed for me.
Well, I'm satisfied with this movie, especially at the end.
Touka's wedding is one that I like, somehow it looks funny. Nibutani and Dekomori looks funny too. Rikka and Yuuta kiss make me happy, so weird. Chuunibyou make this series and this couple is different.
The graphics also get better over time, well, the movie is out in 2018

And somehow Rikka looks like Violet Evergarden. Haha so weird.
Aug 17, 2021 4:40 PM
Jan 2021
Man I'm so disappointed in Yuuta's choice (8th grade syndrome)
Aug 22, 2021 7:16 PM

Feb 2014
Ending? The whole movie was a disappointment. At first I thought it would have been interesting, maybe even going to Italy, that Italian kid we have seen in an episode might be a chuunibyou too and also have Rikka develop not only as a character, but as a person. What we get is a cat and mouse chase where there aren't any development whatsoever. It pissed me off.
Oct 11, 2021 2:55 PM
Oct 2021
ok, I watched everything from this series, the end of this movie left me feeling sad knowing this anime wont have a season 3 or have another movie, but they had there first mouth kiss,"love,chuunibyo & other delusions never forgotten"
Nov 10, 2021 2:03 AM
Aug 2021
YaBoiLime said:
a part of me just wants Rikka to not have chuunibyou but thats what makes Rikka Rikka

anime girls who act like a kid is always adorable
Jan 27, 2022 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
I think this movie is about confronting change, and that is, you know, not an easy task.

You can try new things to the point that you lose yourself and live a lie; or you can just reject new things and remain with your own limitations and issues. How do you resolve that? What I liked about this movie is that it not give an easy answer.
Rikka knows that her lover for Yuuta is making her change, she becomes afraid of it, but ultimately she decides to affirm her love. So yes, to people that say that nothing happens in this movie, I will say that maybe you are not understanding the bigger picture here.. that she is accepting what new things her relationship with Yuuta has brought to her live, that she is changing (but not to the point of losing herself). When she grows out of her chuunibyou syndrome, it will be with the company of Yuuta, and that is kinda sweet.
Jun 27, 2022 4:48 PM
Jun 2022
I would like to forget this movie completely, not because of the end or her choice but how different the characters feel, the overall plot being very mediocre, very few memorable moments and everything being rushed to meet the run time. Still its a 6/10 for the good parts that were well done but it could never live up to the original 2 seasons
Aug 15, 2022 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
Tf are you guys on... the movie is totally in line with the other seasons and tbh if you were expecting more than a kiss at the end for THIS series, you're watching the wrong show 💀

Beautiful movie with amazing visuals and surprisingly great music. Honestly didn't even see Mori Summer x Dekomori coming but that was a highlight.

Could have been longer or more complex but eh not every movie is going to be the next Angel's Egg or Eva. Strong 8/10
May 16, 2023 4:03 AM
Feb 2019
the whole series is a big disappointment from start to finish that i can't stand except for nice animation.
rest of all characters are just the same no big change
Mar 20, 3:12 PM
Mar 2024
Watching the series in one go, after the standing water of season 2 and it's dissapointing ending this movie was a breath of fresh air. The ending was appropriate. Nice touch with the bouquet.
Mar 20, 3:23 PM

Sep 2018
I loved the end, and the mcs actually getting married. Very cute way to end the plot.
Mar 20, 3:32 PM

Aug 2018
you can't cure Rikka of her chuuni syndrome. Thats why everything after season 1 is a shameless cash grab that should not exist. But the movie was at least marginally better than season 2.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Movie: Take On Me Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

91 by Devonnius »»
Apr 6, 11:11 PM

» Watch after season 1?

Vaelyx - May 7, 2019

3 by HagePotPotato »»
Aug 6, 2022 12:30 PM

Poll: » i'm not a yuri fan but i really want to see deko and nibu kiss in this upcoming movie

removed-user - May 25, 2017

15 by HarmonicDX »»
May 1, 2022 9:08 PM

» [Spoiler][Discussion]I dont like Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai Movie -Take on me ending

steamedham82 - Nov 29, 2018

28 by HarmonicDX »»
May 1, 2022 9:00 PM

» What is next (sequel?)

Ikitik - Jan 14, 2019

3 by Keanan88 »»
Dec 23, 2020 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.