Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 26, 2021 4:48 PM
Dec 2017
Demon slayer because JJK lacks emotional fights.

Mar 26, 2021 4:49 PM

Feb 2016
Both story are on the same level. Basic shounen & nothing innovative. But still enjoyable to me.
I'll give this to jjk because the characters were less annoying. I'm also down to read jjk manga after the anime, which is not the case with kny
Mar 26, 2021 4:55 PM

Apr 2020
I go for Demon Slayer. It's way more entertaining and enjoyable than Jjk
Mar 26, 2021 5:10 PM

Apr 2020
After some consideration, I gotta say that I've enjoyed Jujutsu Kaisen more. It is much more cooler (in my opinion), and the quality of the show is just near perfection. And Demon Slayer amidst its great animation and much more fun characters lags on its arcs and there are just too much flashbacks in KnY than in JJK.
Mar 26, 2021 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
Jackalinthebox said:
Sourire said:
Togashi has his issues, Kubo does too. Gege idolizing them doesn’t change that. Gege has negatives in his manga. But I’d argue that Gege delivers a lot more on the side of fight choreography and power usage than the other 2 mentioned which makes the read at times more enjoyable. The overall story of JJK keeps getting better too (which wasn’t too strong at first). We’ll see how he wraps it up in 2-3 years.

And HxH > S1 of JJK

But S2 of JJK can be up there.

Whatcha mean by power usage? HxH has a much better constructed and well defined power system with abilities that further characterize their users.

I think JJK is closer in quality to YYH than it is HxH, which makes sense considering both were their author’s first big works. Would say YYH has the solidly better character writing (Gege himself admitted Getou not having the pull Sensui did) while JJK has the better choreography and slightly better plotting.
Oh I simply meant how powers are used in fights. Nen as a concept and how it is explained is a lot better than curse energy in JJK no debate there. But when I’m watching fights in JJK I’m amazed how Gege merges the different curse techniques with martial arts while also making use of the surrounding environment. The entertainment value covers a lot of the flaws.

I never got into YYH, I may some day. I heard it ended pretty badly since Togashi wanted to move on to HxH. JJK is pretty raw as a manga but it keeps evolving into something better and does so quickly.
Mar 26, 2021 5:21 PM
Feb 2019
Xsadersadd said:
JJK is much better for me both manga and anime wise.
yeah lol demon slayer manga is dog shit
Mar 26, 2021 5:22 PM

Aug 2014
So far JJK, I was really dissapointed about demon slayer. The visuals were amazing but everything else was a lackluster.
Mar 26, 2021 5:23 PM
Jan 2021
Probably demon slayer just because demon slayer is more enjoyable but jjk i thought was good this 2 show isn't really amazing it's just a solid 8 show......
Mar 26, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2020
I liked the character writing in JJK more
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Mar 26, 2021 5:29 PM
Jul 2019
Sourire said:
Jackalinthebox said:

Whatcha mean by power usage? HxH has a much better constructed and well defined power system with abilities that further characterize their users.

I think JJK is closer in quality to YYH than it is HxH, which makes sense considering both were their author’s first big works. Would say YYH has the solidly better character writing (Gege himself admitted Getou not having the pull Sensui did) while JJK has the better choreography and slightly better plotting.
Oh I simply meant how powers are used in fights. Nen as a concept and how it is explained is a lot better than curse energy in JJK no debate there. But when I’m watching fights in JJK I’m amazed how Gege merges the different curse techniques with martial arts while also making use of the surrounding environment. The entertainment value covers a lot of the flaws.

I never got into YYH, I may some day. I heard it ended pretty badly since Togashi wanted to move on to HxH.

Fair enough, granted entertainment value is extremely preference based. HxH also has a further emphasis on strategy and tactics which I value more than cool techniques, as well as them being more dependent on quality writing.

Yeah the last arc is pretty mehh due to bad editor/magazine meddling. Series is only 30 chapters longer than JJK, but had 2 really good antagonists who I’d place above any of Gege’s characters so far writing wise.
Mar 26, 2021 5:29 PM
Jan 2021
I think JJK is better but not because of Zenitsu but actually I like him better then the rest of Demon Slayers cast besides maybe Tanjiro but overall I like the story better in JJK and Itadori is my 2nd favorite and I like him as much as Zenitsu my favorite is Sukuna
Mar 26, 2021 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Easily Jujutsu Kaisen

Demon Slayer has this wishy-washy "Monster of the week" formula and I hate pretty much the entire cast (especially Zenitsu, fuck that guy)

On the other hand JJK's plot and cast are both nice
Mar 26, 2021 7:07 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

237 by manishtandurkar »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

637 by Gingko »»
Apr 23, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.