Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2021 4:34 AM

Oct 2020
Are you expecting to be better or at the same level of the past 2 seasons, what do you think the score will be here on MAL. Im not a manga reader so pls dont spoil
DinoPapiroMar 13, 2021 4:50 AM
Mar 13, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
As a manga reader I expect it to be better, but I'm not sure about the score, maybe close to season 2.
Mar 13, 2021 5:25 AM
Nov 2020
Has s3 been announced already? Can't find news of it atm
Mar 13, 2021 6:23 AM

Oct 2020
montypython_123 said:
I dont think so but i have hope that there will be a s3
Mar 13, 2021 6:43 AM
Mar 2019
To be honest,I don't really want a Season 3.Studio Shaft nailed the ending perfectly that I just feel like Season 3 would probably not live up to how high I regard season 2 so much.That said,I would love a season 3 alot.March Comes in Like a Lion is probably the most important show to me personally and im fine with not getting a season 3.Studio Shaft is however exceptional,so if they do go forward with a season 3,I'm not complaining.
Mar 13, 2021 7:13 AM
Jul 2018
I'd love a third season but I don't think it will reach the expectations season 2 left us with

I think the score will be pretty high because only the fans that watched the first and second season will watch this one, happens with every series unless they mess up really bad
Mar 13, 2021 7:39 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
areareare said:
I'd love a third season but I don't think it will reach the expectations season 2 left us with

I think the score will be pretty high because only the fans that watched the first and second season will watch this one, happens with every series unless they mess up really bad
Lol, until now Sangatsu has had the same quality since season 1, there is no way it will fuck up. S3 not being as good as Season 2 is okay since S2 is the best anime of all time. Season 3 can aim to be the second best ;)
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 13, 2021 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Shaft and Akiyuki Shinbou are a match made in heaven, there's no way it could go wrong. I believe it'll get a really good score like the existing 2 seasons.
Mar 13, 2021 10:01 AM

Jan 2019
the score probably little higher than this ones, and ofc the story much and much better than s2.

montypython_123 said:

i heard some rumours about s3 gonna drop next year or only just going to be announced in december this year. just hope it is.

Mar 13, 2021 10:15 AM

Oct 2020
cl_skinnyguy said:
the score probably little higher than this ones, and ofc the story much and much better than s2.

montypython_123 said:

i heard some rumours about s3 gonna drop next year or only just going to be announced in december this year. just hope it is.

ive read in other treads that the story gets really good, the thread was about the next anime to change the top rated like AoT did
Mar 13, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2019
DinoPapiro said:
cl_skinnyguy said:

ive read in other treads that the story gets really good, the thread was about the next anime to change the top rated like AoT did

i cannot confirm about "next to change the top rated like aot did" but i can confrim as manga readers that the story gets really good after last chapter of s2 end, but as result the story goin more deeper and more dialog heavy for certain arc/ some "story".
Mar 13, 2021 10:56 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
cl_skinnyguy said:
Nothing official has been out yet, don't believe in any of the rumors.
DinoPapiro said:
Only shonen anime can reach that high of a score. Sangatsu can reach that high given the sequel effect and how good the first episode is. But eventually, all of the fanbases would downvote into oblivion if it threatens the top. For me, season 2 is already better than all of the top 10 combined so whatever.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 13, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2020
cchigu said:
cl_skinnyguy said:
DinoPapiro said:
Only shonen anime can reach that high of a score. Sangatsu can reach that high given the sequel effect and how good the first episode is. But eventually, all of thefanbases would downvote into oblivion if it threatens the top. For me, season 2 is already better than all of the top 10 combined so whatever.
The major problem are the aot and fmab fanbase, i dont have any doubt about it
Mar 13, 2021 11:05 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
DinoPapiro said:
cchigu said:
Only shonen anime can reach that high of a score. Sangatsu can reach that high given the sequel effect and how good the first episode is. But eventually, all of the fanbases would downvote into oblivion if it threatens the top. For me, season 2 is already better than all of the top 10 combined so whatever.
The major problem are the fanbases from aot and fmab, i dont have any doubt about it
Add HxH, Gintama, and S;G fanbases as well. Nobody would want to see Sangatsu at the top since nobody wants to see an anime at the top that they themselves haven't watched yet. Also, Sangatsu's first season being too gloomy and "boring" would never let the franchise break through the mainstream barrier even if it gets to the top and stays there.
Mar 13, 2021 11:08 AM

Oct 2020
cchigu said:
DinoPapiro said:
The major problem are the fanbases from aot and fmab, i dont have any doubt about it
Add HxH, Gintama, and S;G fanbases as well. Nobody would want to see Sangatsu at the top since nobody wants to see an anime at the top that they themselves haven't watched yet. Also, Sangatsu's first season being too gloomy and "boring" would never let the franchise break through the mainstream barrier even if it gets to the top and stays there.
They seem less vocal but you are right. And yes it seems difficult to break the mainstream barrier, there are a lot less users in s2 comparing to s1
Mar 13, 2021 2:33 PM

Aug 2020
I don't want a season 3 because I've seen a few things online about who Rei choose as romantic partner and I know its gonna disappoint me
Mar 13, 2021 2:53 PM

Oct 2020
Ahaxx said:
I don't want a season 3 because I've seen a few things online about who Rei choose as romantic partner and I know its gonna disappoint me
I havent seen anything related to romance but now that you talk about it there is just 1 person that comes to my mind, i dont know who you had in mind but the only that i can think of is
Mar 13, 2021 3:44 PM

Aug 2020
DinoPapiro said:
Ahaxx said:
I havent seen anything related to romance but now that you talk about it there is just 1 person that comes to my mind, i dont know who you had in mind but the only that i can think of is

I've only seen it being implied and nothing definitive but I think
Mar 14, 2021 7:49 AM
Aug 2020
I expect that season 3 should include romance between hinata and rin
Mar 14, 2021 7:51 AM
Aug 2020
I would like to romance between rin and hinata
Mar 14, 2021 10:16 PM
Oct 2019
Ahaxx said:

The season will again cover about 44 chapters, so you don't have to worry about any romances. It will be more of a one-time statement by this point.
Mar 15, 2021 2:29 AM

Oct 2020
False_Mirror said:
Ahaxx said:

The season will again cover about 44 chapters, so you don't have to worry about any romances. It will be more of a one-time statement by this point.
Since you seem to have read the manga, do you think it will be better than the previous 2 seasons?
Mar 15, 2021 2:45 AM
Oct 2019
DinoPapiro said:
Since you seem to have read the manga, do you think it will be better than the previous 2 seasons?

Let's see. In terms of production quality, I expect the same level. Shaft is still Shaft and both of the show's main directors are still working at the studio.
In terms of the story - the next 44 chapters have some great arcs: focused on the competitive part and the relationships between the characters. And there is at least one very emotionally impactful arch that may well compete with the bullying arch.
So, the next season should be at least as good as the second. Personally, it's hard for me to grade them - I can't even call the second season better than the first, because the first one executed a critical development for the second one. It's all one story.
Mar 15, 2021 2:56 AM

Oct 2020
False_Mirror said:
DinoPapiro said:

Let's see. In terms of production quality, I expect the same level. Shaft is still Shaft and both of the show's main directors are still working at the studio.
In terms of the story - the next 44 chapters have some great arcs: focused on the competitive part and the relationships between the characters. And there is at least one very emotionally impactful arch that may well compete with the bullying arch.
So, the next season should be at least as good as the second. Personally, it's hard for me to grade them - I can't even call the second season better than the first, because the first one executed a critical development for the second one. It's all one story.
I was asking story wise, i am expecting the same production quality, I also cannot say wich season is the best, for me they are both fantastic 10/10
Mar 16, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2020
It's hard to say but I'm kinda expecting that it won't be better than S2, S2 was perfect
Mar 17, 2021 3:18 PM
Dec 2015
cchigu said:
DinoPapiro said:

Damn, I just noticed hunter x hunter is in the top 10. That should be illegal
Mar 19, 2021 5:32 PM

Jan 2020
Alioune said:
cchigu said:

For real... I sat through that whole show because I was told it was like a more fleshed out Yu Yu Hakusho and in the end I was just disappointed.

It sorta pisses me off that there are a lot of tighter, story-driven anime (and manga) like 3-Gatsu, Chihayafuru, Hikaru no Go, and Hibike! Euphonium (to name a few) that deserve far more attention and praise than they receive simply because of their setting or tone. I don't understand how people are so unwilling to give things a chance. I try and finish what I start watching or reading, even if I don't necessarily like it, because I don't feel like I can properly react to something if I don't see it through to the end. I hate seeing reviews from people who do the old one and done. What happens in the first 20 minutes of an anime or 40 pages of a manga shouldn't condemn the entire series.

Went a little off topic... got a little heated there. But, I don't have a particular expectation for 3-Gatsu S3, if there even is one, but after seeing S2 I did add the manga to my PTW list. So, if nothing else, I'm definitely interesting in seeing how this all plays out and ultimately comes to an end.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 19, 2021 5:41 PM

Oct 2020
commonxreaction said:
Alioune said:

For real... I sat through that whole show because I was told it was like a more fleshed out Yu Yu Hakusho and in the end I was just disappointed.

It sorta pisses me off that there are a lot of tighter, story-driven anime (and manga) like 3-Gatsu, Chihayafuru, Hikaru no Go, and Hibike! Euphonium (to name a few) that deserve far more attention and praise than they receive simply because of their setting or tone. I don't understand how people are so unwilling to give things a chance. I try and finish what I start watching or reading, even if I don't necessarily like it, because I don't feel like I can properly react to something if I don't see it through to the end. I hate seeing reviews from people who do the old one and done. What happens in the first 20 minutes of an anime or 40 pages of a manga shouldn't condemn the entire series.

Went a little off topic... got a little heated there. But, I don't have a particular expectation for 3-Gatsu S3, if there even is one, but after seeing S2 I did add the manga to my PTW list. So, if nothing else, I'm definitely interesting in seeing how this all plays out and ultimately comes to an end.
I agree with what you said about not giving a show a chance, 1 ep is not enough to judge, of course the fisrt episode is always important to set the tone. Steins Gate starts really slow but then turns into a masterpiece, if everyone used the one and done rule, they would be missing a lot

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

229 by astoneon »»
May 12, 5:41 PM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

248 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:46 PM

» 3-gatsu no Lion is getting a season 3 ( 1 2 )

ranzer - May 26, 2020

68 by Gaurxv »»
Apr 22, 4:56 AM

» 2023: Who else hasn't given up hope for S3?

FMmatron - Jan 10, 2023

43 by DatRandomDude »»
Apr 4, 9:26 AM

Poll: » 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2018

197 by anshumankrsingh »»
Mar 30, 5:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.