Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 4, 2022 3:11 PM
Aug 2022
The first half of this episode is your typical rom com stuff, not saying there is something wrong with that, i loved it. But towards the second half the episode took a more serious turn towards one of Miyamura's bullies from another school and haw he deals with redescovering one of his victims today.
Nov 13, 2022 4:17 PM

Jan 2022
Disliked.
As someone previously mentionned, there's the part in the beggining where Hori is angry at Miyamura 'cause he's ''popular'' because of the way she arranged his hair. So, yeah, logically speaking, she has no reason to be angry at him. I do get that emotions are high though, but she still reacts too harshly.
Then, there's the whole 'kink' thing. I do understand that it's ''the opposite of what Miyamura is like, so Hori likes that'', but hitting people? Watching the sub, and understanding a bit of Japanese, I get that he's rude to het, just not at all to the same extent the swearing in the subs would bring us to believe. So when he actually hits her, it came out of nowhere. Not at all happy about it.
Just gonna go in depths.
Yeah, I'm writing paragraphs about it, because it's not something that I think should be popularized. If you just go through the other (5) pages of comments for this episode, you'll see that whilst there are quite a few that share my opinion, there seem to be more that like the situation. And, given how (maybe) realistic this series has been up to this point, it's certainly to be expected that some people take the 'lessons' this anime spouts to heart, and try to apply them IRL. Of which, I had no problem, until the kink part; don't just hit someone out of nowhere. Don't insist if they don't want to, either.
Then, yeah, it's treated as comedy, but you know what? That's worse than if it wasn't. Being able to laugh at it => it's funny => people are going to recreate it/want to see it more often. I myself don't find it funny in the least (the concept, last episode, was fine, but this episode really wasn't). I saw some people in this section mention comparisons of when a female character hits a male character for comedic relief. To clarify, what's your point? That because it's fine in that setting, that it's fine here? Because they seem to be expressed as ''I don't like it in that setting, which is why it's good here'', which makes no sense. I, for one, don't care much about the 'female hitting male for comic relief' trope, not sure why, but I do agree that in underserved situtation, it shouldn't exist. Which seems to be people's consensus. So, why is it fine to do the opposite here, if you don't like that?
Then, for that person saying that the guy who, after Miya hit Hori the first time, respected Miya more is the one who's truly a bad person, might I add that I'm not saying that Hori is a bad person? I'm saying that it shouldn't be written in, and I see no societal positive (not that it has to, but when it can't be interpreted in a good way for a SOL Romance manga/anime, it really stands out from the rest of what's being presented). Yes, I agree that that guy's POV isn't good, but 1) If the intent was to show Miya as strong after hitting her, then that's the author's fault 2) If the intent was that 'this is what a delinquent would think', then I blame only the act itself (of hitting).
Not that I care much character-wise, but I will agree with previous responses, that it's toxic because Miya clearly doesn't like to do it. We see that he cried right after he hit her after he recovered his phone, after all.
Finally on this point, it's actually dangerous. You see, when Miya hits her, that while she doesn't seem hurt, she did stumble a bit. Inflicting pain is one thing, but inflicting visible pain in a way that the action can result in more pain than expected (say Hori fell on the ground here; it'd be face first. Can't expect that not to hurt. Or say Miya's hit isn't completely accurate (which would make sense, since Hori is moving), it could hit a nose or an eye, and that's no fun) is no good.

Then, you've got the bully part. I'm perfectly fine with what was shown. I don't know who's who (we saw 6 or so scenes with green-haired characters in this episode, and I know at least 2 have different names, and are new characters), and I don't really care about any of them yet, nor do I know what they did to Miyamura when he was young (other than the rabbit part. That's sad, but felt more like a young kid trying to get out of trouble, than purposefully being rude to Miya, so not something I think can't be fixed present-day), so I'm fine with what's shown. The interesting choice in visuals were fine, too.
But this episode felt more broken down/the parts that were playing didn't seem as connected (for one, I wasn't sure what was supposed to be a flashback, other than the rabbit thing), so I think I missed some story beats.

Oh, and to whomever wants to say that X anime I like is worst. I'm writting all this based on what this show is. If you find an anime I like with a comparative situation, where it's the same genres (approx) and intent (so not something like NHK), and it's actually trying to be realisitc, then please do feel free to compare them, and bring it to my attention.
Dec 26, 2022 12:25 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit! What did i just watch? Best and weirdest romantic anime episode EVER!!!
Feb 25, 2023 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
So... Hori is a masochist, huh? I never understood what's so great about being treated in a rude way outside of bed xD
Mar 21, 2023 1:48 PM
Apr 2022
Did anyone noticed, that Kyosuke asked Miyamura in the bathroom, if Hori pregnant again?
WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT?
I don’t need sleep. I want answers
Apr 6, 2023 9:26 AM
Nov 2021
Hori masochism No, no, I don't want hori masochism. I love Hori-chan
rio_ksaApr 6, 2023 10:05 AM
Apr 20, 2023 6:24 PM
Apr 2015
It was much needed
May 7, 2023 6:55 PM

Dec 2022
It's nice that the green haired bully saw what he did was wrong in the past. People really can change, it's quite difficult to see it in the moment when you are not properly disciplined and given guidance.
Jun 28, 2023 6:20 AM
Mar 2023
muy simbólico como dicen los chavos de hoy en día
Jul 3, 2023 7:55 AM

Dec 2022
Great and funny episode
Jul 16, 2023 7:18 AM

Sep 2015
Miyamura learning that sometimes you just have to keep a hoe in check with a good slap ...jk. Kinks are a real thing though and people shouldn't be kink shaming Hori. Yes the do you not love me was toxic but in the end Miyamura is fine with it to make Hori happy. Good episode overall
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 29, 2023 1:58 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I knew something was up with the bunnies.
Aug 30, 2023 5:10 PM

Jan 2020
Better episode than previous one, this show should just focus on Hori + Izumi
Sep 24, 2023 4:21 PM
Jun 2020
While it was nice hori stood up for miyamura, I was hoping he was going to beat the shit out of both of them. If not for himself for hori, I get they are supposed to be the equivalent of miyamura 's kryptonite and all but when they started on hori.... I'm just disappointed.
Jan 12, 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
"What the actual hell?"
this anime gets more sick each episode, I didn't see that coming at all! Some sick scenes I see here for past few episodes..
well it is original at least.. but I don't know how to feel about it? :D

I didn't expect for Hori to be violent against his old classmates, while it was Izumi who headbutt that student council president in first episodes? And after Hori being masochist she ask herself if Izumi is one? that all makes little sense..
Thyriad-oPPailovJan 12, 1:19 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 28, 1:31 PM
Jul 2015
i didn't really like the physical abuse x
Apr 22, 7:41 AM
Jan 2023
What I gather from this one is Hori is weird and likes to be talked to in a rough manor and enjoys violence....

Good look into Miyamura's past too.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 23, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2021

358 by PeachyVibes__ »»
Apr 21, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.