Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 14, 2021 10:07 PM
Oct 2020
I noticed that there’s a 2 season anime of this movie, so I was wondering if I need to watch the 2 seasons to understand this movie.
Feb 14, 2021 10:14 PM
May 2020
This movie is a sequel to both 2 seasons of TV anime, so, yes.
You might miss lots of things if you just straight watching the movie.
Feb 15, 2021 4:14 AM
Dec 2020
Season 2 is optional imo, watch all of season one it’s amazing and then some of endless eight, endless eight plays an important role in disappearance , and the first season is necessary to understand everyone’s roles and the situation otherwise you won’t care for any of the emotional parts, I almost did the exact same thing of skipping it all but I am so glad I didn’t, watch season one and some of endless eight before
said the lolicon bastard
Feb 15, 2021 5:15 AM

Mar 2020
Yes and no. You will probably go into it and understand it fine, but you won’t enjoy it nearly as much. It’s necessary to watch the show first because you’ll be introduced to the characters, what the series is about, and much of the plot is developed from the events that took place previously.
Feb 15, 2021 7:48 AM

Mar 2018
StoneFreee said:
Season 2 is optional imo, watch all of season one it’s amazing and then some of endless eight, endless eight plays an important role in disappearance , and the first season is necessary to understand everyone’s roles and the situation otherwise you won’t care for any of the emotional parts, I almost did the exact same thing of skipping it all but I am so glad I didn’t, watch season one and some of endless eight before

I woudn't say season 2 is not optional, the first episode (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody) takes place between some events in the movie.

Qxnoo said:
I noticed that there’s a 2 season anime of this movie, so I was wondering if I need to watch the 2 seasons to understand this movie.

I highly recommend you to watch both seasons, you can skip some episodes of the Endless Eight if you want though. I'll leave you this thread here if you don't know where to start.
Feb 15, 2021 10:24 AM
Oct 2020
SliceOfDrama said:
StoneFreee said:

I woudn't say season 2 is not optional, the first episode (Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody) takes place between some events in the movie.

Qxnoo said:

I highly recommend you to watch both seasons, you can skip some episodes of the Endless Eight if you want though. I'll leave you this thread here if you don't know where to start.
What is Endless Eight? Is it season 1 or 2?
Feb 15, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
Qxnoo said:
SliceOfDrama said:

It's an arc on season two (episodes 2-9), you can watch the first one and the last one and understand everything that happened between those two.
Feb 15, 2021 8:13 PM
Apr 2013
Qxnoo said:

Like some other commenters have said, you *should* watch the 2 seasons. If you start with this movie, you might be able to piece enough of it together to say you understood it, but not enough to say you enjoyed it. At a minimum, you should watch the first 2 or 3 episodes of the first season and then the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody storyline. Obviously, there will still be some things that don't make complete sense, but those episodes are enough to introduce you to the world, characters, and the context behind the movie
Feb 21, 2021 4:23 PM

May 2012
You will have not a clue what's going on nor what was referenced if you didn't watch the two seasons (or rather one series if you watch them in chronological order).

SliceOfDrama said:
Qxnoo said:

It's an arc on season two (episodes 2-9), you can watch the first one and the last one and understand everything that happened between those two.
Or simply watch all 8 episodes at once here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsvngvealg
chaosflame5Feb 21, 2021 4:29 PM

Feb 26, 2021 9:10 AM
Jan 2021
Are serious now ??? yes you have to watch all season and after that watch the movie,I KNOW THERE ARE SOME EPISODES BORING BUT WHEN YOU WATCH THE 2 SEASON AND AFTER THAT WATCH THE MOVIE TRUST ME , YOU WILL PUT THIS ANIME OF THE TOP IF IS NOT THE FIRST ONE :) THX
Feb 26, 2021 9:45 PM
Oct 2020
Zeroldz said:
Are serious now ??? yes you have to watch all season and after that watch the movie,I KNOW THERE ARE SOME EPISODES BORING BUT WHEN YOU WATCH THE 2 SEASON AND AFTER THAT WATCH THE MOVIE TRUST ME , YOU WILL PUT THIS ANIME OF THE TOP IF IS NOT THE FIRST ONE :) THX
Alright lol thanks<3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - May 24

22 by Pitto_ »»
Jun 2, 5:19 PM

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.