Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 15, 2021 1:23 PM
Nov 2020
Well one day i went to my friends house for his birthday in late 2017, when he said that he wanted to watch a dragon ball z movie. I was thinking to myself "i dont want to watch this anime bullshit its for kids" then we watch it and i went home and watched my hero academia and thats when i was hooked
Feb 15, 2021 1:24 PM
Nov 2020
Well one day i went to my friends house for his birthday in late 2017, when he said that he wanted to watch a dragon ball z movie. I was thinking to myself "i dont want to watch this anime bullshit its for kids" then we watch it and i went home and watched my hero academia and thats when i was hooked
Feb 15, 2021 1:44 PM

Oct 2020
Was listening to rap and there was one verse where he says something about lelouch, looked up for it and started watchong
Feb 15, 2021 3:29 PM

Mar 2018
My first anime was my little monster on YouTube in 2014 then a year later I got into other anime and my second anime was literally Rosario vampire. Back when I was into anime I watched anything and for some reason most of that was incest,harem and ecchi lol.
Feb 15, 2021 3:33 PM

Jan 2017
First of all, great profile picture.

My friend got me into anime, he recommended Mirai Nikki back in like 2014-15 and I haven't been the same ever since.
REVIVE MECHA
Feb 15, 2021 4:07 PM

Aug 2018
I got into it at a very young age, mainly through catching it on the telly. Didn't know what anime was at that time, then when I got into middle school...it went downhill from there.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Feb 15, 2021 5:18 PM

Jan 2021
Uncounting Digimon and Pokemon as a kid...

I actually got into anime through Naruto two years ago after being bored one day and deciding to click on a naruto video on youtube. Then I watched the show.
I hope the FBI raids some of the users in this website, and then check their hard drives, plenty of suspicious people.

Feb 15, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2019
good online friend persuaded me to watch black clover
Feb 15, 2021 6:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
yo WASSUP well for me your name was such a hit and all over EVERYWHERE back in back in 2016 and well I loved it so much it just sucked me into the world of anime and yeah simple as that

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 15, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2019
My cousin brought a Hard Disk to my home and asked me to watch One Punch Man back in 2015
I also watched some episodes of No Game No Life

Never watched any anime since until late 2018, when AoT S3 aired finished not long ago, my other cousin recommended AoT to me, I knew the series because I saw him watching.
AoT was probably my first actual anime I knew that is considered anime (I knew OPM is an anime but I watched it like it was a cartoon)

Followed by finishing No Game No Life, Seven Deadly Sins and Food Wars
Feb 15, 2021 8:08 PM

Jun 2020
i dont know tbh, ive always watched it as a kid but last summer i just started watching parasyte and then my interest just expanded
Feb 15, 2021 8:20 PM
Jan 2021
I had to watch whatever my parents had on for years so I got into it as a todler when my dad had the toonami block on. I got into anime while I was still in daipers.
Feb 15, 2021 9:10 PM
Jul 2020
I got into anime courtesy of netflix and peer pressure. POkemon was technically the first anime I ever watched, but I wouldn't count it as my first anime because I didn't even know it was an anime, or what anime was yet for that matter. I watched pokemon on netflix, which you should NEVER EVER do, unless you want to watch pokemon out of order and be completely confused for the rest of the anime. Also all my friends used to tell me how great anime was, so one day when I was bored I watched death note and it was INCREDIBLE (sorry to those of you who didn't like death note). Since death note was so awesome I tried watching more and more anime through netflix until I finally caved to one of those cool funimation ads and bought a subscription.
animeloverboi2Feb 15, 2021 9:20 PM
Feb 15, 2021 9:11 PM

May 2020
my friends introduced me to my hero.. then i started watching other animes from there

a sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body
Feb 15, 2021 9:19 PM

Jun 2020
I got into anime awhile ago

When i was younger i played dragon ball z budokai on the ps2 with my brother and the boyfriend of the daughter of my moms friend. We played it, everytime we came over to play. Then once i got my first ever electronic (ipod) i searched dragon ball on YouTube and binged the whole series. But i got into anime fully after watching attack on titan on adult swim for the thousand time (in 2013 it would replay the season all the time). I started watching other anime on YouTube after that.

So i got into Anime about 9 years ago
Feb 15, 2021 9:46 PM

Jul 2016
A friend from China got me watching.
Feb 15, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2019
watching a youtube amv on Your Lie in April when I was 11 :))
Feb 15, 2021 11:01 PM
Jun 2020
My sister told me to watch Your Name and when I'm done, I think that this movie is pretty good so I began watching more anime, but not a lot as it is just to kill some time
Feb 15, 2021 11:04 PM

Dec 2020
it started off with my brother being into boku no hero around october-november 2019 and he persuaded me to watch it, so I did. i also read the manga like up to volume 15 from my schools library thinking its the exact same as the anime, then my brother recommended k-on and boom, I realized how massive anime was which made me start exploring more and more
I did really like ponyo when I was 4 so idk maybe that sparked it
Feb 15, 2021 11:43 PM
Dec 2020
someone told me to watch angels of death, which i liked, and then i just started watching more anime
Feb 16, 2021 12:35 AM
Feb 2021
The word ghoul sounded cool. Thats how i got into animu
Feb 16, 2021 12:38 AM
Feb 2021
Mention said:
My friends posted a lot of JoJo clip videos.
bruh i literally watched that thing cos of that goddamn giorno moosik
Feb 16, 2021 12:43 AM

Dec 2020
ive aways watched anime without Knowing its anime but the one that got me Into it and made me binge a lot of shows was... fairy tail. fml
Feb 16, 2021 1:36 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I think the seed was planted when I first watched a flash series called "The Legend of Zelda: Unknown Origins". I watched it around the summer of 2008. A few months later, I "officially" started watching anime, when I first watched Bleach.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Feb 16, 2021 1:40 AM

Jan 2020
I got into anime looking up ‘girl and boy kissing’ on my dads phone when I was 6- It was this scene from some random ecchi anime and from then on I fell into an anime rabbit hole.
Feb 16, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2021
I grew up with One Piece and Ghibli movies, so the idea of anime was already familiar to me. So some day I asked myself wether there are other series like One Piece out there and that's how it began. I found a similar site to MAL in my language, which had all the trending anime and so I started watching. From Shounen to Shoujo to all the other genres out there. It all began when i was 13 years old.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Feb 16, 2021 2:19 AM

Apr 2020
i always hated movies and shows and couldnt bring myself to watch any but not even a year ago i was too bored and i was like "imma watch some movie voluntary" but i didnt want to watch some netflix original shit stuff so i found this japanese movie called 37 seconds and i kinda didnt like it at first so i dropped it like in the first ten minutes and wanted to read some hateful reviews but those chads were giving it high scores so i was CONFUSED and gave it a second chance and after that moment i was like "MAN JAPANESE ARE GENIUSES" and then i watched koe no katachi and other stuff and this autumn i started watching anime regularly
so yeah koe no katachi somehow brought me here and it was my first anime as well
Feb 16, 2021 2:43 AM

Jan 2021
Rumbling43 said:
Was wondering how my fellow weeblets found the glorious medium of imagination known to us as ANIME(tion)?!

Ok, me first.
It was a long time ago, like a decade, so I'be sitting at home bored out of my mind and I be switching on the cable when BAM fucking FMA (not the remake wow) be airing and it was on episode 3, you know when the real hardcore stuff happened with ED and ALL's mom and stuff, and I'be daamnnn what is this hardcore gore horror nightmare fuel man!!!! Then I knew, anime was not for kids, unlike that cartton crap, no! It was hardcore. And that was how I got won bros.

Will be nice to hear all of your stories now!

Cartoon crap. Hahaha.

Mine is a nostalgic one. It was high school time and I was on summer break. My cousins had been bragging about some thing called "anime" and "Naruto". At that time I didn't know that "anime" will become a huge part of my life.

So we sit down and start watching "Shippuden" (I be thinking - what's with these weird names) and then comes Naruto vs Sasuke. Dead set on the fight and mind blown with such cool and fiery characters trading blows and ninjutsu.
There were 3 of us and we saw the whole thing again while sharing laughs, fights of who is better and related our lives with the corresponding on going story and dreamed of becoming a Hokage one day. Named our football/soccer moves with ninjutsu names XD.

One of the most memorable and cherished by all of us summer yet.
Feb 16, 2021 3:07 AM
Mar 2020
I was watching those instagram edits and came across a tokyo ghoul one and thought it looked really cool so I watched and really liked it. This was around a year and a half ago
Aug 12, 2021 12:24 AM
Feb 2021
mub1i said:
my brother, i would make fun of him for watching anime. but then once i watched aot i never stopped
ay real shit man, my mom showed me anime as a little boy! :) hopefully you have a good day!
Aug 12, 2021 12:26 AM

Apr 2020
you too man! so kind of you winstonsha
Aug 12, 2021 4:25 AM

Aug 2020
I blame it on Avatar and watching Penguinz0 videos

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Aug 12, 2021 6:24 AM

Jul 2020
Who knows? I'm regretting my decision when I first watched anime.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on NA?

lezbifriends - May 19

19 by DesuMaiden »»
29 seconds ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - 5 hours ago

32 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - May 16

118 by DesuMaiden »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - 9 hours ago

11 by DesuMaiden »»
18 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Apr 27

36 by mazuchi »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.