Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 26, 2021 9:29 AM

Nov 2015
lajz said:
Im going to take a guess and say that this has been asked multiple times but help a fellow weeb out.
I have one question.

How do I watch Fate?

No honestly, the best I've come up with after hours of research was

1. Fate Zero
2. Fate UBW ufotable
3. Fate Heavens Feel Trilogy ufotable

Depends on what's more important to you: original airing order or concept relevance & character introduction. Personally I've always decided to watch large franchises like Fate in release order to make it as simple as possible. But after catching up on everything I'll admit that I missed some stuff that I only realized later after a 2nd watch of everything.

Going by the dates listed on MAL, here's all the entries in release order:

I won't bore anyone with my explanations of which order I think is best, cuz I feel that might be a but subjective. But you can DM me if you want to hear my take on it.
ISOQuorraJan 26, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 27, 2021 3:23 PM
Oct 2019
Nefelupitou said:
a2falcone said:

That's, like, the worst watch order IMO. Start with the mediocre one and then go with the prequel that will spoil the other two? Could you elaborate?

That's the release order and it won't spoiler anything.

If you're going to use release order as your guide, why the release order of the adaptations and not the order of the originals?

And though people who watched Zero first can easily overlook this, it will spoil the backstory of at least two characters that was originally meant to be a huge surprise in Heaven's Feel.
Jan 27, 2021 3:25 PM

Oct 2018
a2falcone said:
Nefelupitou said:

That's the release order and it won't spoiler anything.

If you're going to use release order as your guide, why the release order of the adaptations and not the order of the originals?

And though people who watched Zero first can easily overlook this, it will spoil the backstory of at least two characters that was originally meant to be a huge surprise in Heaven's Feel.

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm wrong
Happy now?
Have a good day
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 27, 2021 3:41 PM
Oct 2019
Rudolfpikel said:
Just go with whatever order you want. There's no right order to watch anything, and unlike stuff like Monogatari, Fate doesn't really have a universally agreed upon watch order. If you're really dedicated to getting into the franchise, then I guess you can follow the advice of the diehards who have already and undoubtedly will continue to just tell you to play the visual novel, but in my personal opinion, I think your order is your best bet to getting the most out of Fate. Fate/Zero is without a doubt in my mind the best part of the series, and if you like Zero, you'll likely have some appreciation for UBW and even more so Heaven's Feel, whereas if you start with anything else, you might well be turned away from the series and miss Zero which is a damn shame.

This is not completely accurate. There is at least one consensus: the proper order for Fate/Stay Night routes is Fate > UBW > HF.

There are variations to this. You can skip Studio Deen's Fate/Stay Night or read the VN instead. But if you're gonna watch or read Fate, it's better as the first one. UBW is, in a way, a bit of a sequel to Fate (I'm talking about the Archer thing) and HF just can't be the first: HF 1 even skips the part of the story that repeats in the three lines, so you wouldn't understand a thing if you started there.

You can put Zero wherever you want, though I think the overall experience is best if you watch if after HF, because HF has a lot of surprises that aren't surprising at all if you already watched Zero.
a2falconeJan 27, 2021 3:54 PM
Jan 27, 2021 3:45 PM
Oct 2019
Nefelupitou said:
a2falcone said:

Yes, I'm sorry. I'm wrong
Happy now?
Have a good day

[EDIT]: I'm actually not happy. I sincerely wanted to understand why is that your preferred watch order and you didn't really give me a reason. (Isn't that the whole point of this thread?) Of course, if you're happy that's fine. You're not required to answer.
a2falconeJan 27, 2021 3:52 PM
Jan 27, 2021 3:52 PM

Jul 2020
ummm, u on ur own on this one, yeah u shouldnt walk to the receptionst desk of hell without knowing what it is, i just hope you can make it out alive
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Jan 27, 2021 3:55 PM

Jul 2020
i hope this helps you. probably wont.
(30 character limit)

video link here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVwcUhxt1k
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Jan 31, 2021 1:22 AM

Oct 2020
Thx...........................

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Jan 31, 2021 1:27 AM

Mar 2020
https://new.reddit.com/r/fatestaynight/comments/df8rvo/rfatestaynights_official_viewing_order_guide_v2/
Just follow this guide and in my opinion don't watch the 2006 version, not until you have finished Zero. Not because it is bad but because it was an unfaithful adaptation as it spoils Heavens Feel.
Jan 31, 2021 1:34 AM
May 2020
It's funny how your time spent more on deciding which order should you watch than actually watching the anime itself
Jan 31, 2021 1:45 AM

May 2020
Yea that's the right order. just start it
Jan 31, 2021 5:49 AM
Jul 2018
Only watch Fate/Zero. Nothing else.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

18 by Ishitateso »»
9 minutes ago

» Your Strongest and Weakest Recommendation from your Favorites

Pokitaru - 2 hours ago

11 by Zimmu »»
22 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

103 by Animeistaken »»
23 minutes ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 8 hours ago

23 by Coaghim »»
43 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - Apr 18

23 by ColourWheel »»
59 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.