Forum Settings
Forums

[Resolved] I'm being haunted by one anime.

New
Jan 23, 2021 3:01 AM
Sep 2017
Hi!

For the past 2-3 weeks I keep clicking on one anime that it's completed, but it always pops back after 1-2 days and it's status changes to Watching again and again and again. I was thinking that maybe the database is being restored but that's not the thing as other animes I've updated stay as they should be. I'm kind of getting tired :(

Has this been reported already?

Mod Edit: Question answered.
TenshoJan 27, 2021 6:51 AM
Jan 23, 2021 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
charliex3 said:
Hi!

For the past 2-3 weeks I keep clicking on one anime that it's completed, but it always pops back after 1-2 days and it's status changes to Watching again and again and again. I was thinking that maybe the database is being restored but that's not the thing as other animes I've updated stay as they should be. I'm kind of getting tired :(

Has this been reported already?

What is the anime ?

The most frequent answer is that it is marked as "Currently Airing" on MAL, which prevents you from persistently marking it as completed.

Sometimes it's just a mistake that will be fixed if it is reported... but most frequently, it's because there are indeed still more episodes planned to be released at a later date. (It's in MAL's rules that entries previously marked as "finished airing" can be reopened after such announcements ; most recently this has happened to the WotaKoi & HoriMiya OVAs.)
Jan 23, 2021 4:53 AM

Dec 2019
You will be "haunted" till the anime finishes airing
Click here to see My Tampermonkey Scripts For MAL

If you like my work, please consider supporting it!
https://www.patreon.com/hacker09

Jan 23, 2021 5:03 AM
Aug 2011
Any one that's airing you don't want to see in your list, move to On Hold or something.
Jan 23, 2021 10:05 AM
Sep 2017
Cladocera said:
You probably added an airing show.

Nope... it was already as Finished Airing but seems like it was recently reopened/updated to Currently Airing and that's what it moved to my Watching list.

Jhiday said:

What is the anime ?

The most frequent answer is that it is marked as "Currently Airing" on MAL, which prevents you from persistently marking it as completed.

Sometimes it's just a mistake that will be fixed if it is reported... but most frequently, it's because there are indeed still more episodes planned to be released at a later date. (It's in MAL's rules that entries previously marked as "finished airing" can be reopened after such announcements ; most recently this has happened to the WotaKoi & HoriMiya OVAs.)

Ah, so that's why... yeah it is WotaKoi OVA actually... it's funny that it has 2/2 episodes yet, it's still as Currently Airing... alright moving on and moving it to On-Hold.

Thanks!
Jan 23, 2021 10:14 AM

Apr 2010
charliex3 said:
Ah, so that's why... yeah it is WotaKoi OVA actually... it's funny that it has 2/2 episodes yet, it's still as Currently Airing...

You can't have watched the second episode yet ; it'll be released on Feb 26th.
Jan 24, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2017
Jhiday said:
charliex3 said:
Ah, so that's why... yeah it is WotaKoi OVA actually... it's funny that it has 2/2 episodes yet, it's still as Currently Airing...

You can't have watched the second episode yet ; it'll be released on Feb 26th.

Damn you are right, I must have accidentaly double clicked :( Thanks for the warning! I would have missed a new ep.

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

4 by Noboru »»
42 minutes ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.