Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 20, 2021 10:57 AM

Feb 2018
I'm watching this series with Spanish dub, and I dunno if it was lost in translation but...

Why are there many first year students? wasn't Soma the only one approved? Is it a "Cooking only" school or there are students for other kind of stuff?
If so, why are there so many students when they get spelled on a daily basis?

In the end, I know its only an anime, but I need this answers so I can sleep.
Jan 20, 2021 11:21 AM
Jan 2021
I am pretty sure that there were different testers in the beginning. Like one group gets tested by the god tongue (forgot her name) and the other group gets tested by some other instructor.
Jan 20, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2020
Basically, it starts out with a lot of first years. Then they do all sorts of challenges and cooking stuff to test if they actually deserve to be in the school, and if you fail 1 task you can’t go to the school anymore. So basically every time someone gets rejected they can’t go to the school anymore. It’ll become clear later on in the series
Jan 20, 2021 11:45 AM

Feb 2018
Chimpydoodle said:
I am pretty sure that there were different testers in the beginning. Like one group gets tested by the god tongue (forgot her name) and the other group gets tested by some other instructor.

Yeah, I thought that too, but in the first class for Soma, Megumi states she has already failed many test and one more will expel her. It's also stated she is first year.

ScopeZz_ said:
Basically, it starts out with a lot of first years. Then they do all sorts of challenges and cooking stuff to test if they actually deserve to be in the school, and if you fail 1 task you can’t go to the school anymore. So basically every time someone gets rejected they can’t go to the school anymore. It’ll become clear later on in the series

Yeah, I can see that happening since it is what happened at my career as I went up through the years.
Jan 20, 2021 11:47 AM

Jul 2020
The same can be asked for My hero academia.4 seasons have passed and they're still in class 1 a.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 20, 2021 12:02 PM

Feb 2018
Scordolo said:
The same can be asked for My hero academia.4 seasons have passed and they're still in class 1 a.

They are still first year in the manga. But every series has its "real time" progression and I don't see that as clash in logic.
Jan 20, 2021 12:40 PM
Mar 2020
BiobulletM said:
Chimpydoodle said:

Yeah, I thought that too, but in the first class for Soma, Megumi states she has already failed many test and one more will expel her. It's also stated she is first year.

ScopeZz_ said:

Yeah, I can see that happening since it is what happened at my career as I went up through the years.

theres a junior high division in the school too and megumi joined the school then when she was 13? i think so she was already at the school unlike soma whos a transfer,, some students progressed onto their first year of high school from the junior school division whilst others probably came from having a different examiner for transfers. bc she failed a lot when she was in junior high, thats why megumi only had one chance left in high school (she also said that she came in last place in the entrance exam from junior to high school)
Jan 21, 2021 5:16 AM

Feb 2018
lovjaem said:
theres a junior high division in the school too and megumi joined the school then when she was 13? i think so she was already at the school unlike soma whos a transfer,, some students progressed onto their first year of high school from the junior school division whilst others probably came from having a different examiner for transfers. bc she failed a lot when she was in junior high, thats why megumi only had one chance left in high school (she also said that she came in last place in the entrance exam from junior to high school)

Wow, I missed that. Thanks. I already finished watching episode 9.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.