Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 16, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
So in my opinion the quality of writing decreased since chapter 124 (with the exception of chapter 131), with the alliance chapters just feeling very forced and the plot not feeling as interesting. If you were to write the rumbling arc, how would you improve it?
removed-userJan 16, 2021 9:58 PM
Jan 16, 2021 12:23 PM

Oct 2020
Where's the option to leave it as it is? Rumbling arc has seen some of the best characterization of this series.

People will love it once the series ends and they go back and reread it.
Jan 16, 2021 12:42 PM

Oct 2019
Wait Hange’s dead isn’t she?
Also Pixis is basically dead?
I think Historia is already playing a major role. She’s giving birth right?
I’d want Armin to come up with a plan. It seems he’s gonna do that as of 136...
As for the writing quality, I guess it’s not as good as previous arcs after 131 but it’s still goddamn incredible. Did you read 136? There are some pretty epic moments in that chapter and the Rumbling arc as well. AOT is simply epic.
Jan 16, 2021 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
chiearlymorning said:
So in my opinion the quality of writing decreased since chapter 124 (with the exception of chapter 131), with the alliance chapters just feeling very forcedand the plot not feeling as interesting. If you were to write the rumbling arc, how would you improve it?

Yeah, the characters were forced to team up as Eren was already making his move to genocide the entire world, so yes they were forced to throw their differences aside to save the world. Isayama did a decent job for them to let out their frustration and their difference aside, but with limited time they didn't have a choice but to work together. That is why it felt forced to you, but in a real world situation where the entire world may be destroy, China, Russia, North Korea, US etc and all nation will join forces without hesitation despite their hatred against each other. So you need to be realistic here that the author doesn't need 20+ chapters or how many you think it needs for them to join forces when a pending doom is already happening in real time.

the plot not feeling as interesting

Yeah its not as interesting as the previous arc because its a simple scenario we are in, the alliance vs Eren that's it, most of the plot twist the interesting dialogue between Reiner and Eren etc are not going to be present in this final plot line as it is simple to stop Eren, the interesting thing is how it will end.

Give Historia a bigger role to play

She has a very big role in the finale and the final chapter panel is the biggest clue to that, also she is queen she wont be in any battle, what did you expect? And obviously Isayama is hiding her point of view as it has something to with Eren, I feel I know what it is, but we will see.

Make Connie have an actual motivation to "save the world"

Connie motivation is the same as everyone motivation is to stop Eren from doing mass genocide, you don't need any motivation to save the world, wtf? lol

Have Levi confront Annie for killing his squad

Lame, what will that do? They all know the situation the warriors are in, no need for that at all.

Make Yelena and Kiyomi actual characters in the story

I actually like Yelena and many will agree with me, so I can't relate to this comment, Kiyomi is pure plot device and I'm ok with that, she is from a different Country and she is really not someone that the viewers need to like at all. She is in it for business and that's all.

Make Armin come up with a plan

But he did come up with a plan, remember he drew Eren titan and told them how they will attack him.

Make the flying titan less of an asspull

Yes, this is one I kinda agree with you, though his name being Falco and one of the Marley Soldier asking if their is any titans with wings? was a hint in retrospect of we seeing a flying titan, honestly though, its not a big deal for me tbh.

Make Pixis and Nile play an important role instead of killing them off

Nah, I don't see what more can they do? the battle is out side of Paradise, meaning we wont be seeing paradise island point of view anymore and these characters can't fight so what would they do if they were still alive? So its either kill them or let them live, that's all.

Make Hange give alternative solutions to the rumbling

Can you think of an alternate solution to the rumbling, that hanji can realistically come up with? I don't think so as none of us can really come up with a solution either, and Hanji even admitted that she doesn't have a solution which makes sense because none of us too can't find a solution that will stop this, but again genocide is bad and she wont be able to sleep at night knowing billions of innocent people dying and she didn't even try to stop it, you guys are not even looking at it in that perspective, you guys are making it sound like killing 99% of the population is a no brainer for Hanji and company, but it is not.

You can make your own fanfic of the rumbling arc, where the scouting join Eren and help him destroy all of humanity since that makes more sense to you.

That would be bad writing and against those characters, but to you its only bad writing if you don't like it, and Isayama would definitely look like a facist if the development was like that pure black and white, it would just seem like Isayama is forcing it down our throat if the viewers didn't get to choose which side they are on, this debate is interesting because it split the fanbase and hows the morality in all of us, it this is a more interesting scenario than whatever you are thinking of.

I'm tired of you readers that can't see the big picture here.

keragammingJan 16, 2021 2:08 PM
Jan 16, 2021 2:01 PM

Oct 2020
@keragamming

I think the flying titan is iffy because of the way it was introduced. It's just Falco coming up to Annie and saying ''Oh I got some memories of the clouds and it feels like I can do it too.'' TBH it would have worked better if that scene was skipped and then later explained how Falco can fly.
Jan 16, 2021 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
I_Am_Freeballing said:
@keragamming

I think the flying titan is iffy because of the way it was introduced. It's just Falco coming up to Annie and saying ''Oh I got some memories of the clouds and it feels like I can do it too.'' TBH it would have worked better if that scene was skipped and then later explained how Falco can fly.

That is the one I kinda agree with, and think Isayama may fix it in the anime, but it really isn't a big thing for me personally.

The Reiner transfering his conscientiousness will never be top imo, so this is the least.

And I bet @chiearlymorning, didn't have any problem when that happen, but you see, when you don't enjoy something, what you do is nitpick it more vs when you enjoy it.

Jan 16, 2021 3:14 PM

Aug 2019
The only thing I would fix would be giving better foreshadow to the flying titan, that’s it.

Ah, the op is 19 years old, I understand everything now.
cAbaddonJan 16, 2021 3:18 PM
Jan 16, 2021 3:15 PM

Sep 2016
I heavily shit on ch 91-96 when they came out. I'm not going to make the same mistake again.
Jan 16, 2021 3:16 PM

Sep 2016
cAbaddon said:
The only thing I would fix would be giving better foreshadow to the flying titan, that’s it.

I feel like the anime is foreshadowing it a bit too much. One of my anime-only friends said that he'll become a flying titan based on his lines, ending visuals and what calvi said.
Jan 16, 2021 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
@keragamming

1. Plot
The premise of the plot is actually interesting. I mean the first part of the series has been humans has to stop Titans and that has been interesting enough. The problem is the execution of this arc which has been a real slog putting really bad chapters like 125-127 side by side with good chapters like 131.

2. Historia’s arc
So that means that basically her arc ended when she became queen? Caus she’s not gonna fight, she not gonna do anything else than being a baby making machine. If that’s the case than her arc ended in uprising and that’s lame af.

3. Connie
Yes you need a motivation to save the world, especially Connie. Moments before that Connie was gonna feed a child to her Titan mother but than he decides that his goal is to save people he doesn’t know all along?

4. Levi and Annie
Give better characterization to both Levi and Annie. Levi has been basically on the “kill monke” mode during this arc so maybe acknowledging that he’s working with a potentially psychopathic girl who murdered his squad and would probably do it all over again. In chapters 127-129 Jean forgives Reiner for killing Marco. In the same way, Annie should’ve been shown to come to terms with herself for killing the scouts and maybe Levi forgiving her.

5. Yelena and Kiyomi
I like Yelena, but she is a plot device same as Kiyomi. Her character was only useful to make Zeke and eren come together and now that eren basically finessed them both, they serve no purpose. Kiyomi’s arc is tied with Hizuru and the iceburst crystals, and since Hizuru is basically bye bye, she has no purpose.

6. Armin and Hange
Armin doesn’t have a plan. Since he can’t use talk no jutsu anymore, he can’t do anything. If Hange doesn’t have solutions than maybe stop yelling at eren because at least he is doing something. Both of them failed to prove to eren that they could protect paradise, and since those are basically the two smartest characters in the series, you know something ain’t right.

Also about the consciousness transferring thing. That was an asspull, but it didn’t directly affect the overall story so that most people overlooked it. Besides, this thread is about how would you improve the rumbling arc. I can make a how would you improve rts arc thread if you want.

Jan 16, 2021 7:21 PM
Jul 2016
God, you again...
Jan 17, 2021 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
About Reiner's consciousness transfer, that is something Bertholdt posits, but with events from recent chapters, it could be explained as him transferring his consciousness to paths, just like Armin and Zeke are now in paths even though Armin got choked to death, and Zeke's lower half of his body got blown off, just a theory.
Jan 17, 2021 5:54 AM
Sep 2018
I_Am_Freeballing said:
@keragamming

yeah . isayama just couldve shown the flying titan first and then show a flashback of him coming up with it afterwords. Its the same thing but would feel way better
Jan 17, 2021 10:34 PM
Jan 2016
The problem in the rumbling arc starts way before the rumbling arc. It stars with the Marley arc and the fact that Isayama decided to dumb down the entire conflict in a simple kill or be killed situation, when in reality problems between countries are solved without total extermination of one side. He was bad at handling the negotiations and the politics, either because he can't write that kind of stuff well or deliberately in order to have Eren commit genocide. That is the biggest problem in the series.
CrimsonGeekJan 17, 2021 10:38 PM
Jan 18, 2021 12:05 AM

Jan 2009
about the flying titan im not sure why the founding titan did not create even one flying titan to counter falco flying titan though instead she created an army of War Hammer Titan instead

Make Hange give alternative solutions to the rumbling (your vote)
i was expecting Hange or any of the adults have the solution to the vicious cycle of hate but i guess there is none and that Eren will kill all of humanity now, the world is cruel its kill or be killed base on chapter 111 too
Jan 18, 2021 3:27 AM

Dec 2019
I think it's pretty decent
Jan 18, 2021 3:54 AM

Jul 2012
>Make Connie have an actual motivation to "save the world"
I guess he has one. About "wanting to be a soldier that protects people". But i don't really buy it. He lost his family, his people and he swore to destroy his enemies. This sudden shift is something i don't buy.

>Have Levi confront Annie for killing his squad
Yeah this one should have happened. Jean confronted about Marco. And i would expect a comment atleast from Levi when Yelena told how Annie killed many soldiers.

>Make Armin come up with a plan
Really this. Without a plan, just going against Eren to stop him makes me support Eren. I understand what Eren doing is not a good thing. But there is nothing else he can do. And alliance having no plans, no future solutions makes me just unable to side with them.

>Make the flying titan less of an asspull
I understand that a plot device like this was needed but it feels a bit too convenient. Something i can ignore tbh

The Points i want to add:

-Kiyomi and the others on the ship should have died. I don't see the point of "sacrificed her boat for us!" Wow too bad rip her ship.

-Remove extremely cringe panels like "ANNIE EATING PIE HAHAHAH" or "Time to save the world" marvel tier hero pose.

-Let someone die already. Everything feels too convenient for the Alliance. I don't feel any sense of danger for the last 2 chapters because i know nobody will die. They are cutting through hordes of past shifter titans. Even Onyakapon survived that plane crash.

-Too much time wasted on the Warrior Parents. Seriously We didnt need this many panels of them. Especially not at the end of the series where we have limited amount of panels left.
ShadzzoJan 18, 2021 4:03 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2021 6:57 AM
Nov 2018
My only complaint is the pacing tbh. A few parts seem rushed. But I think all the plot points are OK, although we could do with more foreshadowing about the flying titan.
Jan 20, 2021 5:34 PM
Mar 2017
I think people should be allowed to criticise isayama if they have valid points. After 123 (obviously except 131) the writing has been very poor, we've gotten almost 3 filler chapters from 134 where not much at all has happened.

The latest chapters especially have been so shouneny that its really making me lose hope in the ending, and I say this as a passionate fan of the series who has been here since the beginning.

I don't care if eren lives or dies, or if rumbling is completed or not. I just want a well written ending. Its been made clear the choice eren has is binary, and so if the rumbling were to be stopped or eren defeated, it would ruin his character if paradis was allowed to exist or wasnt immediately invaded and eldians wiped out afterwards.

Ignoring all the flying titan stuff which has been heavily debated already, why have none of the characters bothered to point out that killing eren isnt likely to stop the rumbling? We saw with the wall titan when it looked at mikasa that they are indeed just mindless titans without the control of the founder

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.