Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 13, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 2013
Quite interesting thread coming from someone who has the psychopath that's Baki's father as their profile picture. The guy literally kills for fun and doesn't give a shit what's going on around him. Very interesting.
Jan 13, 2021 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
This is hilarious. Thank you for making this post
Jan 13, 2021 8:51 AM
Aug 2020
I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he's really damn close.
Jan 13, 2021 8:56 AM

Aug 2019
WAQR said:
It always astounds me when people make threads like this. If you can’t handle the moral complexity of the situation and if you’re unable to view the incident through the POV of Eren and his comrades then is this even the show for you? Have you been sleeping since season 1? Must everything be a simple battle between good and evil? The show stopped being morally black and white a long ass time ago dude, holy fuck.

Have you been paying attention?

What Reiner, Bertolt and Annie did was also mass murder but now that we understand their reasoning from their POV (of how they thought it was genuinely the way to save humanity alongside the fact that we now know how badly indoctrinated they were) it’s far easier to sympathise with them. In the same vain, what Eren is currently doing is in his eyes their only way to ensure the survival of the Eldians in Paradis island from the inevitable invasion by the Marleyans and damn near everyone else... which you know is what Willy Tybur just declared moments before Erens transformation... yet you’re here confused as why to Eren transformed.

Transforming and eliminating everyone in that vicinity is the most logical thing he could have done considering the audience consisted of several important figures from various nations who were all going to help in the invasion. The collateral damage that you’re so bent over is a result of that. Not ‘mass murder for no reason’. If you genuinely think Eren transformed to kill everyone for no reason... dude just go watch another show. Go watch Power Rangers or someshit.

Couldn't have said it better. Yes, after Willy's declaration and the inevitable invasion that would follow, it's now, unfortunately, a kill or be killed scenario for Eren and his people on Paradis Island.

He was just waiting for that confirmation from Willy before getting a pre-emptive strike in against his enemies in order to cripple them.

Not denying it was still a morally-questionable action but what makes him such a well-written character is that he made it clear to Reiner, and the audience beforehand, what he was about to do, why he was doing it and understood the consequences. Yet still pushed on forward, regardless.

To the OP : He's not the worst character, in terms of how he's written, in fact he's one of the best written ones I've seen in shounen anime in a while. If you want to argue he's the worst character, in terms of his actions, then I suppose then it becomes more of a debate about personal morality.
xenosysJan 13, 2021 9:04 AM
Jan 13, 2021 9:48 AM

May 2016
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.(As Armin said you have to give up your humanity if you want to achieve a higher goal)I cared for his ideals of saving each and every person he could.He was not like Erwin who was ready to sacrifice some for many.Every human was same to him.Yes he was whiny,yes he maybe irritating but he was a human true to heart.

I hope they explain why he did he choose to transform there and itself,although they won't as they want to solidify this "HOBO" Eren people are all fanboying about.There is no right or wrong.Its a useless fight in which humanity will lose.I was able to sympathize with Reiner till a certain extent.He was brainwashed.But Eren he knows everything,so atleast he is conscious about what he is doing and accepting it even then makes him a monster,not like Erwin who achieved a greater win for humanity while sacrificing a few,but a one who will achieve nothing but destruction

hahahaha, do u feel the same about Reiner when they killed 250k+ innocent civilians? Eren has no choice but to attack back. Marley started this war 9 years ago and is still on-going.
I sacrifice
Jan 13, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2016
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?

"no reason" yeah it's not like they declared war on him and his country 9 years ago by killing 250k+ innocent civilians and still want to continue waging war with him. they started this long ago and eren had no choice but to strike back where they live unless he wanted to just wait for them to come to him again (which they're actively trying by sending boats to Paradis as we've been told). Stop being delusional. Eren did nothing wrong.
I sacrifice
Jan 13, 2021 10:00 AM
May 2020
Damn...Eren started killing for no reason...After the whole world started a genocide mission against him and his people...Do you understand how moronic you sound?
Jan 13, 2021 10:17 AM
Jan 2016
He is probably the best anime protagonist of all time and by some distance at that. He is also one of, if not the worst, person who happens to be an anime protagonist. No protagonist that i can think of has commited such heinous crimes as Eren.
Jan 13, 2021 10:43 AM

Mar 2020
Wouldn't that make him a bad person?
Jan 13, 2021 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
For me he is one of the best protagonists of the genre Shonen.

what I like most about Eren is that he will do anything to achieve his goal, even if he has to kill people. (innocent or enemy).

it changes of usual protagonists.
it's also good to see a protagonist written so differently.
Jan 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Aug 2020
This argument is the same argument as the one with Endeavor in which people were all like
"how could you like Endeavor he abused his own kids" but this time its with Eren Jaegar

People also Like the following characters who do terrible stuff because anime is fiction and tellig people off is really weird like why?

Lelouch (138,525 Favorites)- Commits multiple war crimes, brainwashes people without hesitation(including his own flesh and blood), and oh yeah he kills his own brother in the first episode

Light Yagami (91,594)- Do I even need explain its estimated he killed more than 250,937 people which is more than Hiroshima ever killed most of them were "Criminals" yes but by his own Judgment alone and its not as if he puts much thought into which "criminals" he writes down some of them could be convicted wrongly and also remember when he tricks a detective into killing an entire FBI task force who are not criminals

Killua Zoldyck (71,703)- A former assassin who learns compassion over the series but this leap was done over countless episodes just for the sake of remembering he kills two random applicants, rips out a dude's heart, and threatens tons of people with full intent on killing them should they not head his warnings his change from murderous assassin to empathetic but just as dangerous former assassin still makes him morally gray and its to be remembered that he has no problem killing whatsoever rather he simply dislikes the idea of being an assassin for the rest of his life and not having friends he still doesn't mind killing to achieve his goals

Alucard(25,592)- he shoots a girl through the chest and bestows an ultimatum on her to either die or become a vampire all without her consent also theres the fact that he's killed (and eaten) millions of people including his own subjects he also hung corpses of soldiers from stakes as warnings to his enemies

also if you think eren has taken a 180 in personality remember he kills two adults (albeit they were kidnappers but still what kinda kid does that shit) and revels as he stabs over and over the second one as he says the following

You animal!
This is what should happen to you!

if anything this is character development for Eren because he would often demonize his enemies but in this episode he accepts that they're is nothing demonic about them rather they are not evil he knows this because he's lived among them for so long but that still makes them his enemies because this is war and the entire world wants to destroy Paradis his home
KuroGFXJan 13, 2021 11:00 AM
Jan 13, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2020
armchair3 said:
Damn...Eren started killing for no reason...After the whole world started a genocide mission against him and his people...Do you understand how moronic you sound?

Im just surprised people didn't see this coming the whole series is a mash of fucked of nihilism and depression and they thought it would chill out now
Jan 13, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2020
Real94 said:
For me he is one of the best protagonists of the genre Shonen.

what I like most about Eren is that he will do anything to achieve his goal, even if he has to kill people. (innocent or enemy).

it changes of usual protagonists.
it's also good to see a protagonist written so differently.

I really like that the role of protagonist restricts his freedom more than anything else its ironic af
Jan 13, 2021 11:04 AM

Aug 2020
Doom_Reigns said:
Uhh but many great characters ik have killed or assisted in killing someone in one way or he other?... sounds like an oversensitive thread

its sounds like they felt betrayed or something literally the end of season three with the ocean scene kind of foreshadows all of this with Eren stating that across the waters is where enemies are
Jan 13, 2021 11:07 AM

Aug 2020
_cjessop19_ said:
It's fictional, who tf cares?

Many of us can name thousands of different protagonists that are worse than Eren.

Think before you post.

literally lelouch and light one of which kills more people than hiroshima
Jan 13, 2021 11:08 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
he intend to kill them all anyway so ye is becoming evil or anti-hero at best

"i will keep moving forward until i destroy all my enemies" - Eren
"if we kill all our enemies over there, will we finally be free" - Eren

ikr how does one person see this scene then get blown away and triggered in this episode
Jan 13, 2021 11:15 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
AsteriaMitzou said:
It's not like he doesn't have any reasons or past geEz why some of y'all just want to label him as the worst when there are characters there who's killing just because they want to.

Eren was shown to be a good person with strong sense of justice right from the start so this switch to his behavior is a betrayal to his character so a lot of people are just not accepting of the new Eren

A good person like how a good person stabs two kidnappers and spouting lines like
You animal!
continually while still stabbing also he effectively refers to people who want to live inside the walls peacefully as "cattle" sure he gets more empathetic but as he finds out the truth does he realize that its not gonna end with the titans and that an entire world is out to kill his friend and his home
Jan 13, 2021 11:18 AM

Aug 2020
Mattinator95 said:
... reiner and annie killed innocent family's and kids for no reasons as well

I thought it was cool how eren's actions mirrored Reiners, Annies, and Bertolts where he's effectively doing the same thing they did to him but not out spite or anger just because he has too since its war
Jan 13, 2021 11:19 AM
Feb 2019
Oh nooooo, he killed innocents.

Yes, we keep moving forward.
Jan 13, 2021 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
Kaito10 said:
Quite interesting thread coming from someone who has the psychopath that's Baki's father as their profile picture. The guy literally kills for fun and doesn't give a shit what's going on around him. Very interesting.

Ikr makes me laugh I like Yujiro but he effectively kills Baki's mom and rapes other women as well to bear his children all for his own entertainment also he threatens the whole world cause they can't touch his ass so he does whatever he wants and tortured his own son makes me laugh
Jan 13, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
I always found him pretty boring. Eren, Mikasa and Armin were the chars I liked least. Often happens for me with shounen ... that I don't like the main chars.

Mikasa is too manly. Armin was a whining boy at the beginning. And Eren is just boring. There are a lot other anime with much worse chars though.

Levi is much better than Eren. And chars like Jean and Erwin were my favorite chars.
Jan 13, 2021 12:03 PM

May 2019
RaZn_ said:
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.(As Armin said you have to give up your humanity if you want to achieve a higher goal)I cared for his ideals of saving each and every person he could.He was not like Erwin who was ready to sacrifice some for many.Every human was same to him.Yes he was whiny,yes he maybe irritating but he was a human true to heart.

I hope they explain why he did he choose to transform there and itself,although they won't as they want to solidify this "HOBO" Eren people are all fanboying about.There is no right or wrong.Its a useless fight in which humanity will lose.I was able to sympathize with Reiner till a certain extent.He was brainwashed.But Eren he knows everything,so atleast he is conscious about what he is doing and accepting it even then makes him a monster,not like Erwin who achieved a greater win for humanity while sacrificing a few,but a one who will achieve nothing but destruction

hahahaha, do u feel the same about Reiner when they killed 250k+ innocent civilians? Eren has no choice but to attack back. Marley started this war 9 years ago and is still on-going.

Hey man I love this show,and was more than hyped when eren transformed,but your argument is wrong.These 4 eps have been a build up for why Reiner did what he did.Lets say,you have been told as a kid,that there are monsters because of which the existence of your race is hanging and you have been chosen to defeat those.Of course,you want to become a hero and save the race.Reiner didn't know about the truth.Eren knows and he has chosen the path of destruction.There can be alternatives,planning is something.Destroying a building full of innocent men,women and children was a option.And he chose that.Maybe he could have transformed someplace else.We don't know.Why bother calling reiner in that basement.Let him be trapped with other warriors.Transform wherever the hell u want to Mr.Kruger.Lives would have been gone yes,but eren could have decided whose and how many.
Jan 13, 2021 12:06 PM

Nov 2020
A character's morality has nothing to do with how good they are. Eren's complexity gives him the necessary emotional depth to exclude him from being a candidate for worst anime character, whether you like or hate him. I won't tell you to go read the manga to "understand his character", because you have the right to stick to your opinion and I am not going to be salty over your preferences. Also if you were to like him, you would've appreciated him since a lot earlier.

BUT, to say that Eren is a bad character, because he killed an unnamed family is childish.

Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it.

Jan 13, 2021 12:11 PM

Nov 2020
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.

Protagonist doesn't mean hero. Take Light from Death Note for example. He defenitely isn't the hero of his story, but he still is the protagonist. Protagonist is the person the story focuses to. Morality doesn't play a role here

Jan 13, 2021 12:16 PM

May 2019
ThanosCh5 said:
Zener said:
After what he did in the last episode,he ceased to be a protag,even human for me.

Protagonist doesn't mean hero. Take Light from Death Note for example. He defenitely isn't the hero of his story, but he still is the protagonist. Protagonist is the person the story focuses to. Morality doesn't play a role here

Hey man I did mention "for me".
Jan 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Apr 2020
"is eren jaeger the worst anime protagonist of all time?"

Is this the stupidest question a person can ask?
Definitely yes!

He is definitely one of the best protagonists

I do not know what the purpose of asking this stupid question is....... Just grow up kid!
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Jan 13, 2021 12:31 PM

Nov 2020
Zener said:
ThanosCh5 said:

It doesn't matter who you think the protagonist is. It's not up to the viewers' interpretation. It's a fact that Eren is the protagonist up to date, because the story still revolves around him.

Jan 13, 2021 12:55 PM

Aug 2020
Luthandorius said:
I always found him pretty boring. Eren, Mikasa and Armin were the chars I liked least. Often happens for me with shounen ... that I don't like the main chars.

Mikasa is too manly. Armin was a whining boy at the beginning. And Eren is just boring. There are a lot other anime with much worse chars though.

Levi is much better than Eren. And chars like Jean and Erwin were my favorite chars.

Levi is much better than Mikasa also I find that I like a lot of the newer characters in the newest season rather than establishing characters and cast aside from servy corp members like hange, levi, etc
Jan 13, 2021 12:57 PM

Aug 2020
ThanosCh5 said:
Zener said:

It doesn't matter who you think the protagonist is. It's not up to the viewers' interpretation. It's a fact that Eren is the protagonist up to date, because the story still revolves around him.

lol this thread is really funny
Jan 13, 2021 12:59 PM

Aug 2020
ThanosCh5 said:
A character's morality has nothing to do with how good they are. Eren's complexity gives him the necessary emotional depth to exclude him from being a candidate for worst anime character, whether you like or hate him. I won't tell you to go read the manga to "understand his character", because you have the right to stick to your opinion and I am not going to be salty over your preferences. Also if you were to like him, you would've appreciated him since a lot earlier.

BUT, to say that Eren is a bad character, because he killed an unnamed family is childish.

its like the people who hated Endeavor and called him the worst character ever despite the fact that isn't what defines good written characters
Jan 13, 2021 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
No, that title would be given to Shinji Ikari from Evangelion
Jan 13, 2021 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Eren has always been an extremist from the start. Once he pinpointed an enemy, he would stop at nothing to destroy it. In the beginning that was desired because the enemy was the titans and we believed they had to be destroyed. But now the enemy is the entire world. He will stop at nothing to achieve his freedom. This deeper progression of his character makes him an amazing protagonist.
Jan 13, 2021 2:24 PM
Aug 2016
Wow. Already. I expected discussions like this to not happen for a while. Wow. Damn. I so can't wait for the next arc after this arc😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Oh God, snowflake watchers are literally going to faint
Jan 13, 2021 2:39 PM

Jul 2020
ThanosCh5 said:

Like I said before, I dont think the OP means hes a "bad character" I think he means hes a bit of a dick. I mean I love Eren and Reiner, but Eren did kill innocent children which is a war crime. Eren himself called himself a "bad person".
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Jan 13, 2021 2:52 PM
Nov 2018
KuroGFX said:
This argument is the same argument as the one with Endeavor in which people were all like
"how could you like Endeavor he abused his own kids" but this time its with Eren Jaegar

People also Like the following characters who do terrible stuff because anime is fiction and tellig people off is really weird like why?

Lelouch (138,525 Favorites)- Commits multiple war crimes, brainwashes people without hesitation(including his own flesh and blood), and oh yeah he kills his own brother in the first episode

Light Yagami (91,594)- Do I even need explain its estimated he killed more than 250,937 people which is more than Hiroshima ever killed most of them were "Criminals" yes but by his own Judgment alone and its not as if he puts much thought into which "criminals" he writes down some of them could be convicted wrongly and also remember when he tricks a detective into killing an entire FBI task force who are not criminals

Killua Zoldyck (71,703)- A former assassin who learns compassion over the series but this leap was done over countless episodes just for the sake of remembering he kills two random applicants, rips out a dude's heart, and threatens tons of people with full intent on killing them should they not head his warnings his change from murderous assassin to empathetic but just as dangerous former assassin still makes him morally gray and its to be remembered that he has no problem killing whatsoever rather he simply dislikes the idea of being an assassin for the rest of his life and not having friends he still doesn't mind killing to achieve his goals

Alucard(25,592)- he shoots a girl through the chest and bestows an ultimatum on her to either die or become a vampire all without her consent also theres the fact that he's killed (and eaten) millions of people including his own subjects he also hung corpses of soldiers from stakes as warnings to his enemies

also if you think eren has taken a 180 in personality remember he kills two adults (albeit they were kidnappers but still what kinda kid does that shit) and revels as he stabs over and over the second one as he says the following

You animal!

if anything this is character development for Eren because he would often demonize his enemies but in this episode he accepts that they're is nothing demonic about them rather they are not evil he knows this because he's lived among them for so long but that still makes them his enemies because this is war and the entire world wants to destroy Paradis his home
Couldn't have said it better.
Jan 13, 2021 3:08 PM
Jan 2021
Eren_Hitler said:
PastorFloch139 said:
My first day here and we have misunderstanding of eren bless you.

Oh hi my fellow Floch stan

Hi yes floch needs some representation in here.
Jan 13, 2021 3:16 PM

Oct 2019
Only 5 ep in and already see Eren slander. The stupidity is too much
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Jan 13, 2021 3:22 PM

Oct 2019
Luthandorius said:

Most of you’re reasons are a little weak. Mikasa being strong and cutting her hair does not make her manly lol that’s jsut sexism. Armin being whiny is realistic and he does grow from that.
Eren is boring... I see you’re a manga reader and I don’t know why you think that??? Hate him or like him every scene he’s in for the last final arcs are awesome and he’s a scene stealer.
Armin and Eren and to an extent Mikasa are the three people who have gone through the most character development. And they are all very flawed characters, which IMO makes them realistic.
I like Levi, but I don’t even consider him a top 10 AOT character lol, but that’s jsut me. Although erwin ofc is an amazing character and Jean is underrated.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Jan 13, 2021 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
On the contrary, Marley should feel blessed to be judged by Eldian Jesus. Kneel before the Titan god Eren Jaeger.
Jan 13, 2021 3:26 PM
May 2020
I think that some anime-onlies have missed a point with Eren. You can hate him, but he was always like this.
Jan 13, 2021 3:27 PM
Apr 2018
It's called war, and they started it BTW.
Jan 13, 2021 3:30 PM

Oct 2020
He's the best worst protagonist of all time. :)
Jan 13, 2021 3:30 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
xiliaw said:
he litteraly killed an innocent familly and a kid for NO reason in the last episode and there still some ppl who like this dude ?! and yes you didnt see it because it was completly censored by studio mappa probably because its too choking for tv ....

i mean just look at this https://i.imgur.com/TOC4Tzv.jpg

what kind of sane person would like a mass murderer who kill for no reason?

No reason lmao read the whole manga or watch the whole show again. Also you should probably change it to one of best characters in any medium ngl
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jan 13, 2021 3:45 PM

Aug 2019
Go watch the teletubbies or something on Nickelodeon
Jan 13, 2021 3:49 PM
Aug 2020
"Freedom is so beautiful... yet so cruel" - Emma
Jan 13, 2021 3:52 PM
Mar 2020
Eren yaegar is one of the greatest, complex, and well written characters to exist if you think he did anything for “no reason” then you need rlly pay more attention to the anime/manga
Jan 13, 2021 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Light Yagami is literally a Mass Murderer and everyone loves him... your point?
Jan 13, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2019
alright this right here, is the funniest thread question I’ve ever seen
Jan 13, 2021 6:18 PM
Dec 2017
i thought makoto from school days had that honor?

Jan 13, 2021 6:26 PM

Jun 2020
based thread lmaooo, bro this shit happens so much. u ever heard of kiritsugu?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

692 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:11 AM

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.