Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 11, 2022 11:26 PM

Nov 2014
Lionel13927 said:
For most of its duration I thought the show was so-so, maybe a little above average, but the ending was actually brilliant and carried amazingly well. The deeper I think about it, the more I enjoy it. It saddens me to a great extent that people can't seem to enjoy a story without a happy ending. The series was meaningless just because all of humanity was wiped out in the end? Give me a break. The series was never about a single character, it was about conveying a message and the ending brought just that. I'd even go as to say it's one of the most influential endings in anime/manga I've stumbled upon. And surely one of the bravest as most authors go for the ending that they feel would satisfy their readers the most. Platinum End didn't do that but it stayed true to its message which I can only praise.

Yeah, I don't think a lot of people realise this. Or atleast acknowledging it. Everyone can think whatever they want about this series, but I wish they would aleast admit how brave the mangaka is for going for an ending that is true to is message, instead of pleasing as many people as possible by making it cheesy and cliché.
Mar 25, 2022 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
Wow what a surprising end! From what I gather there WAS creator, I wouldn't say god here, probably the organism that came to be Nasse, and its desire made the creature exist, and in turn it made humanity. I found it brilliant that they used the term creature for "god" in this series. I don't know if it's a lucky translation or this meaning was intended in the original Japanese version. From all the works that feature gods from different mythologies, or the universal thought that there is only one god, I think in a way they all prove that the one and only God exists. This adds nothing to me, I'm a believer, but I think it's thought provoking for people like Yoneda. The thing that I really like about using the term creature is that I read once an argument abut people who say there is no god and who created god. The answer was that it was the wrong question. If it is created, then it is not god. God creates, not created.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 1, 2022 5:55 PM
Aug 2018
I originally only started reading this because I checked out Death Note's manga after I did a re-watch of the anime recently and realized how great it was. Then I learned that the author and the artist were a duo, so I thought it was good news.
I'm sure the most of us agree that this ending was pretty bad. It seemed like the whole story was pretty rushed compared to their works and they were just pushing something out for the sake of selling something. I'm not going to lie though, I actually enjoyed the story a bit more after Metropoliman died. The first half was just incredibly uninteresting shounen fights, which I knew Ohba was gonna try and tie suicide and philosophy into it somehow which is like trying to smash together mustard and peanut butter in a sandwich and expecting things to taste good.
After that the manga essentially just became people discussing philosophy because none of them wanted to actually become god, which was a little more interesting for me to read because I felt like that was Ohba's actual point of the series and he just realized he couldn't do it when they were all trying to kill each other. It was nice to hear their thoughts on each other's view points but then of course it hand to end so poorly.
I know not every work from Ohba has to be Death Note, but if you compare the two you can see that Light Yagami and the Death Note work perfectly with the sense of purpose fulfillment and justice that the show revolves around. I was expecting it to be the same for Platinum End using the god selection process to say something about suicide and it probably did, it was just connected poorly..
Aug 11, 2022 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
It wasn't the best ending, but I think it's solid. The real humans' simulation failed, and they're stuck with being immortal. I don't think Shuji realized that commiting suicide would kill off all the fake humans.
Sep 11, 2022 5:54 PM
Jan 2017
Found this series before it got an anime and just read through it before starting then finishing the anime. I like the art in this series and I did find the ending shocking and a bit of a bummer but I will say its a different kind of ending. I'd give this a 6.5/10 its good but not quite one of my favorite manga series that I own. still Im glad to have read it ^^
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» My spoiler-ridden rant, er, review

NDskies - Sep 17, 2023

4 by NDskies »»
Sep 18, 2023 6:27 AM

» How would you rate it???

Goated_Weeb526 - Nov 11, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 23 Discussion

TheGeniusBaka - Jan 1, 2018

6 by bucciest »»
Nov 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 30 Discussion

Akoram - May 8, 2018

4 by lycoradz0 »»
May 14, 2022 3:28 AM

» Just finished and omg I loved it.

WildCardBevin - Oct 30, 2021

7 by Abdouvn »»
Apr 3, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.