Forum Settings
Forums

'Kakushigoto' Gets Compilation Anime Movie

New
Dec 12, 2020 9:33 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The Kakushigoto special event announced on Saturday that the television anime adaptation of Kouji Kumeta's comedy slice of life manga will receive a compilation movie. The movie will include new scenes that were not adapted in the television anime, and different perspectives.

Synopsis
Kakushi Gotou is a somewhat popular manga artist whose works are known for inappropriate content. Because of this raunchiness, when his daughter Hime was born, he vowed to keep his profession hidden from her, believing that she will be disillusioned if she finds out.

This paranoia-induced belief leads Kakushi into hectic situations. Despite being a single father, he does his best and often resorts to extreme ends just to protect his secret, such as guising as a salaryman every day or holding emergency drills in case Hime somehow finds her way to his workplace.

Kakushigoto tells the story of a father and daughter living side by side, maintaining their peaceful existence as the father attempts to preserve the status quo. However, there is a saying: "there are no secrets that time cannot reveal." In time, Hime must learn the reality behind the things she took for granted as she grew up. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

The 12-episodes anime series produced by Ajia-Do aired this Spring. Funimation streamed the anime with subtitles and English dub.

After publishing a four-page introduction in Monthly Shounen Magazine in November 2015, Kumeta began regular serialization of the manga in December 2015 and ended it on July 6. Kodansha published the 12th and final volume on July 17.

Kodansha Comics began publishing the manga digitally in English on March 17. The tenth e-book volume will go on sale on December 15.

Source: Dengeki Online

Kakushigoto Movie on MAL
DatRandomDudeDec 12, 2020 1:31 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 12, 2020 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
The movie will include new scenes that were not adapted in the television anime, and different perspectives.

Ok this is good news.
Dec 12, 2020 11:34 AM

Oct 2017
I heard this movie will have extra scenes at the end which weren't shown in the anime due to anime being completed before the manga. So proly gonna watch this when it comes out.
Dec 12, 2020 12:03 PM

Jan 2019
Oh I can’t wait! I loved the anime
Dec 12, 2020 5:18 PM
Oct 2017
Yooooo let's go, i loved the series
Dec 12, 2020 7:04 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome, I’d love to revisit this series! Fact that there’s going to some newly added scenes on top of it makes it even more fantastic.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 13, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2019
hmm. sounds like it will be a recap or something similar. but what the heck. will watch this.
Dec 13, 2020 3:55 PM

Nov 2012
VERY excited. It may be a recap, but this was easily one of the best anime of the year and it deserves more mainstream success.
Dec 14, 2020 4:26 PM
Nov 2020
In other words, they are going to recycle existing content, add a couple of minutes of previously rejected scenes and try to milk more money out of this. Shamelessnes the Japanese way.
Jan 4, 2021 1:46 AM
Dec 2018
That sounds exciting, looking forward to it ^_^

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 45 minutes ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
45 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
3 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.