Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 1, 2022 12:24 AM
Jun 2009
@HritikMaster Can you make the thumbnails bigger when clicking on the covers gallery? They're extremely small and can barely see anything.
Mar 1, 2022 8:03 AM
Oct 2017
mechian said:
@HritikMaster Can you make the thumbnails bigger when clicking on the covers gallery? They're extremely small and can barely see anything.
Yes, I was aware of the issue but forgot to push an update, Thanks for reminding :)
Mar 27, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
This is incredible at first glance, thanks for this my guy!
Mar 27, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2017
Concealed_Light said:
This is incredible at first glance, thanks for this my guy!

Welcome :) , will keep making improvements.
Apr 11, 2022 3:40 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing Extension, but sadly "broke down" a few hours ago, the background wont change the color anymore (on FireFox)

Is there a way to fix this?

Apr 12, 2022 8:52 AM
Oct 2017
Deltris said:
Amazing Extension, but sadly "broke down" a few hours ago, the background wont change the color anymore (on FireFox)

Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you for reporting , I will look into it.
Apr 21, 2022 1:00 PM
Oct 2017
If anyone else is facing the white background issue : It seems to be caused by cosmetic filtering , Turn off the adblocker's cosmetic filtering for the website to resolve the issue until the next update is online.
Refer to below posts by @nuxen to know how to disable uBlock's cosmetic filtering.
HritikMasterApr 21, 2022 3:34 PM
Apr 21, 2022 1:32 PM
Apr 2019
HritikMaster said:
If anyone else is facing the white background issue : It seems to be caused by uBlock-Origin , Turn off the adblocker on the website to resolve the issue until i can comeup with a solution.

disabling uBlock didn't do the trick for me, disabling Brave Shields was the solution. Was also able to turn uBlock back on without any problems
Apr 21, 2022 1:46 PM
Oct 2017
nuxen said:
HritikMaster said:
If anyone else is facing the white background issue : It seems to be caused by uBlock-Origin , Turn off the adblocker on the website to resolve the issue until i can comeup with a solution.

disabling uBlock didn't do the trick for me, disabling Brave Shields was the solution. Was also able to turn uBlock back on without any problems

It seems its a MAL issue rather than an extension issue. I disabled the extension and tried to change the background color of the body from developers menu, But its not changing. Stuck to white for some reason. Though This happens only with an adblocker turned on.
Apr 21, 2022 1:53 PM
Apr 2019
HritikMaster said:
nuxen said:

It seems its a MAL issue rather than an extension issue. I disabled the extension and tried to change the background color of the body from developers menu, But its not changing. Stuck to white for some reason. Though This happens only with an adblocker turned on.

The extension is working for me with uBlock enabled so I'm not sure if ad blockers are the only reason it stops working
Apr 21, 2022 2:08 PM
Oct 2017
@nuxen
Well whatever it is , it seems to be caused by adblocker or privacy protectors. Like in your case Brave Shields and in my case uBlock.
And since extension has nothing to do with it, I can't fix it either so now I am trying to come up with a workaround.

Also see if your uBlock is the latest version. If not try after updating it. And let me know if it still works with the uBlock on.
Apr 21, 2022 2:24 PM
Apr 2019
Yeah absolutely not blaming your extension, was just making the point that it worked for me with uBlock Origin 1.42.4.
But I just updated my filter list in uBlock and now it stopped working again, so I think it has something to do with those @HritikMaster

Edit: Working again when I disabled cosmetic filtering in uBlock Origin for MAL
nuxenApr 21, 2022 2:33 PM
Apr 21, 2022 2:43 PM
Oct 2017
@nuxen
I was not thinking that you are blaming my extension, my apologies for miscommunication.

Btw thank you , you just discovered the cause of the issue. You are right, it's the cosmetic filtering. I wonder how it works. Will have to study about it to come up with a proper fix.
For now I will push a workaround solution.
Apr 21, 2022 2:43 PM

Sep 2018
nuxen said:

how do you disable cosmetic filtering for a single site? all I can find online is how to do it browserwide.
Apr 21, 2022 3:17 PM
Apr 2019
Kristiwazhere said:
nuxen said:

how do you disable cosmetic filtering for a single site? all I can find online is how to do it browserwide.

Should be able to do it like this:
Apr 21, 2022 3:21 PM
Oct 2017
I have pushed the update , but it may take a day or two before it's published. It's under the review process.
Apr 21, 2022 3:27 PM

Sep 2018
nuxen said:
Kristiwazhere said:

Should be able to do it like this:

ok, thanks, and now I feel dumb because it even says "click to disable cosmetic filtering for this site" when you hover over that button. 🀦
May 18, 2022 10:24 PM

Jul 2020
Wow.... this is absolutely insane. It's kinda dissapointing how a single person can make a whole new mordern looking design for MAL but the actual MAL team can't do that for years

AniList x Spotify x Instagram
“Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal." — Suzuya Juuzou
Jun 14, 2022 4:13 AM

Nov 2013
Please do not redesign it. the old design is perfect
mind, body & SOUL

Jun 24, 2022 7:06 AM
Sep 2017
Is there anyway to customize this? I personally don't like the top of pages. It feels like a ton of wasted space with the tall headers and stuff. It looks much nicer than MAL's old design, but I have to scroll a lot more to get to places.
hello
Jul 22, 2022 2:09 AM

Jan 2018
Hello there. Thanks for creating a cool redesign. I have some feedback for you.

I really like the blackpearl theme but there are some issues.

I would've liked it if in the forum reply box the outer white part was black and the inner part where you type was white instead. I think it's easier on the eyes while using a dark theme. If this can be changed by tweaking the settings or something then let me know since I only installed this extension today and don't know what it's capable of.
Also the default font size should be made a little bigger I think.

Also, it's not just in forums but in certain places on the site, for example, on the new interest stack pages, the font colour is messed up and nearly unreadable with patches of random white around that disturb the dark theme and hurt the eyes.
The second issue I found is that under the reviews and above Recommendations of an Anime page the new Interest Stack thumbnails are broken.
Interest stacks are a new feature on this site so there are probably other bugs surrounding them. I'll report them in this comment via editing if I spot more.

The third issue I have is that the scroll wheel on the right looks too dark on the blackpearl theme. It's hard to make out where I am on the page because I can barely see it. I think the scroll wheel should be brighter or be in a colour other than black.

The last issue is, on the Profile page with the Old Layout, on the Favorites part the People part is cut off and there's no way to expand it like you can with the extension disabled. I think this is a bug and could be fixed easily. Here's what it looks like.
These are the biggest issues I could find so far. Also, I'd like it if you add more GIFs on the Loading to add more variety. Instead of the mainstream stuff that I see on all social media, I'd like to see some obscure stuff so it doesn't get boring. My first suggestion is to add Lum from Urusei Yatsura. She can have some great GIFs created from Urusei Yatsura OPs and EDs.

That's it. Thanks again.
0451Jul 22, 2022 3:04 AM
Jul 29, 2022 1:47 PM
Oct 2017
Finally got the time to start working on known bugs.
Will push an update in 1-2 days.
HritikMasterAug 1, 2022 9:08 AM
Aug 1, 2022 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
updated the extension to 1.7.2
Oct 4, 2022 1:20 PM

Jan 2021
Can you make this compatible for mobile version, too?
Roxy

Oct 18, 2022 10:23 PM

Aug 2022
Did MAL break dark mode for forums today? The edges around the forum messages are still dark, but the messages and space around avatars are now like blocks of white, and you can't see the white/grey text on it from dark mode anymore.

Both this extension and Stylish now don't function properly with regarding to dark mode on forum specifically (inside threads). Everywhere else it looks fine.

Or is it just me?

P.S. I'm on Chrome.
Oct 18, 2022 10:27 PM

Jan 2009
host_ said:
Did MAL break dark mode for forums today? The edges around the forum messages are still dark, but the messages and space around avatars are now like blocks of white, and you can't see the white/grey text on it from dark mode anymore.

Both this extension and Stylish now don't function properly with regarding to dark mode on forum specifically (inside threads). Everywhere else it looks fine.

Or is it just me?

P.S. I'm on Chrome.

MAL developers updated the forum here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2052554
Oct 18, 2022 10:29 PM

Aug 2022
deg said:
MAL developers updated the forum

Oh, I see, thanks. I'm going blind from all this white. Hopefully this is fixable.
Oct 19, 2022 5:54 PM

Apr 2014
the edit list style page unusable
Oct 20, 2022 9:59 AM
Oct 2017
sorry guys missed the new mal updates.
will update the extension soon.
Oct 20, 2022 1:59 PM

Aug 2018
This looks really cool, will need to try it out later
<Insert clever quote>
Nov 16, 2022 2:55 AM

Jan 2018
The forum pages are broken for me. The "ignored" users aren't hidden for me anymore and the shortcut bar while typing forum posts are now missing.

Another thing this extension breaks for me is the "history" page where you can view the exact time when you added episodes to your watch list.
Nov 17, 2022 10:06 AM
Oct 2017
0451 said:
The forum pages are broken for me. The "ignored" users aren't hidden for me anymore and the shortcut bar while typing forum posts are now missing.

Another thing this extension breaks for me is the "history" page where you can view the exact time when you added episodes to your watch list.

Thanks for reporting. I try to fix the issues soon.
Nov 18, 2022 11:53 AM

Jul 2021
This looks great!
Are there any plans to bring it to Microsoft Edge too?
Nov 23, 2022 10:17 AM

Jan 2018
danny4k said:
This looks great!
I am using it on Microsoft Edge by installing the Chrome extension from the Chrome extensions page. Edge supports Chrome extensions.
Nov 23, 2022 10:21 AM

Jan 2018
HritikMaster said:
0451 said:

Thanks for reporting. I try to fix the issues soon.
By the way, it seems the Compact Mode isn't working as expected in forums. When Compact Mode is off the layout is still like when it's turned on. Except now I can see the signatures. And there's the problem with "Ignored" users. Users I "ignored" don't appear hidden as they used to before the layout changed.
This is what it looks like for me right now.
Nov 26, 2022 4:50 AM

Jul 2021
0451 said:
danny4k said:
This looks great!
I am using it on Microsoft Edge by installing the Chrome extension from the Chrome extensions page. Edge supports Chrome extensions.

Oh, didn't know, my bad! Thanks!
Apr 15, 2023 12:46 PM
Oct 2017
It has come to my attention that the MyAnimeList has undergone significant modifications that have rendered the previously functioning extension inoperative. I understand the inconvenience this may have caused and would like to assure you that I am working diligently to rectify the issue as soon as possible. However, due to the complexity of the changes made to the website, a quick resolution may not be feasible. I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
Apr 26, 2023 8:50 AM

Nov 2014
unsure if this is the correct way to report this issue but the UI has been looking pretty odd for me recently

Nov 7, 2023 12:10 AM
Nov 2023
wow i really like some of the changes looks alot more modern then the old designe everything is pretty good except the colors for the dark mode is there anyway to change them?
Nov 12, 2023 3:11 PM

Oct 2023
Nice one thanks for putting time and effort into this! I just installed it but liking the more modern look! I'm a sucker for new looking stuff.
Nov 15, 2023 9:53 AM

May 2023
Is this optional or do we all have to do it?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
3 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.