Forum Settings
Forums

Do you ever feel like you’re falling behind in life?

New
Dec 3, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2020
Sometimes I get the feeling that I’m trying to catch up with everyone else my age since I don’t have any skills or worthy accomplishments. I’m too nervous to start a conversation with a stranger but others have figured these things out years ago. I wanted to know if anyone here feels the same.
Dec 3, 2020 1:49 PM

Jan 2018
yeah same here, everyone around my age has cars and i havent even gotten my license yet, like i know how to drive its just the dmv is like an hour and a half drive and my dads car is acting up
Dec 3, 2020 1:54 PM

Aug 2018
What's your goal in life? You're 16. Just focus on school for the moment.
Dec 3, 2020 1:59 PM

May 2020
Opticflash said:

Well I want to be a concept artist once I leave college but I have so much assignments to complete. It’s eating up time I could spend improving my fundamental drawing skills.
Dec 3, 2020 2:06 PM
Dec 2010
I definitely felt like that since the past decade. Everyone's ahead in life, making progress and moving forward while some of us are stuck behind, perhaps even forever. No matter how I try, it all seems pretty futile in the end.

Others already have finished their bachelor's degree, some master, and the few depending on the industry, PhD. They have gone onwards their job and career, making progress in both relations and finance. Some are even married by now and have a family and kids. They are all still quite healthy in mind and body. Their work experience are also starting to build up nicely and their knowledge and skills also much ahead of mine, or what I can keep up with.

I totally don't think I will ever make it anywhere in life, tbh.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Dec 3, 2020 2:09 PM

Oct 2015
Well, friends of my age are having children, getting married and buying houses.

I have been jealous of them in the past, but my life is simply different and I am doing my best to make it as awesome as I want it to be. They have that, alright, but I can get better paid jobs, I adopted a cat, I am free to go work abroad as I want and to make awesome projects.
Dec 3, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2018
JetBlueXx said:
Opticflash said:

Well I want to be a concept artist once I leave college but I have so much assignments to complete. It’s eating up time I could spend improving my fundamental drawing skills.

Are you at or close to the bottom in your classes? If not then you're not behind. Are you planning on getting a degree in your proposed field and do you have some knowledge about the industry in that field?
Dec 3, 2020 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Don't sweat it, alot of people do things in their own time.
Dec 3, 2020 2:23 PM

May 2020
Opticflash said:
JetBlueXx said:

Are you at or close to the bottom in your classes? If not then you're not behind. Are you planning on getting a degree in your proposed field and do you have some knowledge about the industry in that field?

I think there are others in my class like me who need to make sure that their work is up to date and completed before the deadline. I do plan to get a degree in my desired field and I have researched professional concept artist about their work in the industry.
JetBlueXxDec 3, 2020 11:25 PM
Dec 3, 2020 2:35 PM

Nov 2019
Once you have already failed life, everything else feels like smooth sailing. You have nowhere else to fall back to.

Dec 3, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
I've always felt that way, and I'm almost 30 now.
Dec 3, 2020 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
Well I have no friends or enemies so I am not falling behind anyone.
Nyarlathothep said:
Well, friends of my age are having children, getting married and buying houses.

You must not live in America. Here buying house take like 15 to 20 years unless you go a bank which you don't wanna do. I recently brought my first after working exactly 16 years on two different jobs. My family ain't exactly broke.
Dec 3, 2020 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
BrightFlashLight said:
I definitely felt like that since the past decade. Everyone's ahead in life, making progress and moving forward while some of us are stuck behind, perhaps even forever. No matter how I try, it all seems pretty futile in the end.

Others already have finished their bachelor's degree, some master, and the few depending on the industry, PhD. They have gone onwards their job and career, making progress in both relations and finance. Some are even married by now and have a family and kids. They are all still quite healthy in mind and body. Their work experience are also starting to build up nicely and their knowledge and skills also much ahead of mine, or what I can keep up with.

I feel more or less the same here, but everyone has different way/approach in life that their comfortable or happy with.
Dec 3, 2020 3:10 PM
Dec 2010
DarkShame2 said:
BrightFlashLight said:

I feel more or less the same here, but everyone has different way/approach in life that their comfortable or happy with.

Perhaps. I feel like that statement is mostly used as an excuse to never strive for what anyone really want though. It's like saying you will take a different approach to life every time your life becomes terrible. I'm not sure if doing this will work out or even makes you happy every time...
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Dec 3, 2020 4:07 PM
Aug 2018
You could say I’m behind in the sense that I’ve never had a girlfriend irl, although I don’t really care about it as much as I used to.

Getting a girlfriend isn’t a priority for me.

Dec 3, 2020 4:44 PM

Oct 2020
several times as i can remember, but that doesn't mean i can't achieve what i want to but it'll prob come in my way sometime in the future.
Dec 3, 2020 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
All the time, but life isn't that serious. Just do what makes you happy .
Dec 3, 2020 5:22 PM

Jul 2020
I have no problems socially, but I believe that I was born into a pretty competitive environment, and one single time I underperform is enough to get me behind. It's just so stressful.
Dec 3, 2020 6:36 PM

Sep 2020
Why yes ofc whenever I look at Zuckerberg or Alexander the Great I feel depressed that I still have so much catching up to do. Whenever that happens, I compare over 99% of the world population to myself and that improves my mood :)

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Dec 3, 2020 6:57 PM

Oct 2010
kinda, but I never had the ambition to succeed, I just like to do my things and keep in touch with my close friends, I had gfs but that didn't work out well for a possible future marrige.
Dec 3, 2020 7:09 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
For a while. My goal originally was to go to uni, get my papers and such early, get a well-paying job etc so I could save up to travel.
It wasn't until several years ago that I realized I didn't need to chase other people to travel. Yes it will take me longer to save up but if I keep going like this I'll technically travel earlier in my life than I would have had I stuck to the OG method.
Sometime later I found out there was no time limit on getting papers. Meaning I can fulfill my dreams "now" and later on dedicate my remaining time to studies. That's a win-win situation for me.

Ofc this scenario doesn't include marriage+kids but that was never the plan to begin with. If you wanna get married quick the most important things are to look good, act confident, and get a job asap.
Dec 3, 2020 11:04 PM

Jun 2012
It's easy to think that when you compare yourself to others. I personally felt like this for a while seeing my friends and cousins attaining certificates/degrees and creating families, but everyone goes about life differently. I think it's important to focus on yourself and your own needs.

I remember when I was younger, I made it a goal to have my first child and married when I was 25, but now that I'm 26, my goals have completely changed. My goal in life is to be mentally and financially stable and happy. The best tip I've ever had in life, is to not compare yourself and that can be very hard to overcome, but just be happy that you're alive and work on the little steps in achieving whatever you want to accomplish.
Dec 3, 2020 11:22 PM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
I did get this kind of feelingn when I met my old classmate a few days ago and she was just graduating university while I just started last year.
Dec 25, 2020 11:40 PM

Jul 2016
I'm falling behind with personal internet stardom goals.

More topics from this board

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - 6 hours ago

9 by SnipeStrike »»
10 minutes ago

» What age range do you find the most physically attractive?

Ejrodiew - Apr 11

40 by Driz »»
1 hour ago

» Have you committed animal sacrifices?

vasipi4946 - Dec 14, 2022

46 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» Why do you need temporary phone numbers?

luckypenguin - Jul 10, 2021

9 by Dorylincall »»
2 hours ago

» For those of you who are in a relationship, do you consider yourselves lucky?

UnstableBrat - 2 hours ago

1 by LoveYourEyes »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.