Forum Settings
Forums

What do you feel when someone deprecates your favorite anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 16, 2020 12:54 AM

Mar 2020
nothing, people are entitled to opinion

also a lot of my favorite anime are such due to my very personal circumstances that make them relatable to me, I don't expect other people to be me
Nov 16, 2020 12:56 AM

Nov 2019
It's is their subjective or objective opinion about the series, so it's just reference to me.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 16, 2020 1:29 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

I have many better things to do anyway than addressing a miniscule problem like that :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Nov 16, 2020 1:39 AM

Apr 2019
I think to myself, "wow this person hates xyz anime" and go about my day.

I was rushing desperately, trying to reach the light. When I thought I did, I reached a dead end instead. Then I decided I wanted to enter that light. And at the edge of it, I found you.
Nov 16, 2020 5:52 AM

Jun 2020
Debate with them for as long as don't they admit defeat.
Nov 16, 2020 6:02 AM

Aug 2018
If they are honest criticisms I accept it and move on.If it's a stupid criticism I just accept minr defeat and move on.I hate online arguments.They are always pointless.It's not like winning an argument would give me a good night's sleep.I just admit my defeat and move on.Even if they make the most stupid criticism.
Most of mine favourites are comedies like Nichijou and Arakawa Under the Bridge.And people criticize it as unfunny and boring.And call the characters as one dimensional and obnoxious.How am I supposed to judge sense of humour?If it makes me laugh uncontrollably it did it's job.
Nov 16, 2020 6:07 AM

Sep 2012
i dont really care about it, and i dont even care about other people opinion or my own opinion in anime, if someone asks for recommendation from me, i ask them for their preference first and suggest what i have watched, but i always says there might be better than what i am offering you, so i refer them to MAL xD
Nov 16, 2020 6:13 AM

Dec 2015
sonofbatmanrp13 said:
If they are honest criticisms I accept it and move on.If it's a stupid criticism I just accept minr defeat and move on.I hate online arguments.They are always pointless.It's not like winning an argument would give me a good night's sleep.I just admit my defeat and move on.Even if they make the most stupid criticism.
Most of mine favourites are comedies like Nichijou and Arakawa Under the Bridge.And people criticize it as unfunny and boring.And call the characters as one dimensional and obnoxious.How am I supposed to judge sense of humour?If it makes me laugh uncontrollably it did it's job.

Pretty much. I was gonna try to defend Kaguya-sama S2, but just like you said, I can't really judge the guy sense of humor. All I know is that it made me laugh until I cried, and I'm definitely not in the minority
BetterTasteNov 16, 2020 6:24 AM
Nov 16, 2020 6:17 AM

Oct 2013
I don't care. Everyone has right to like or dislike things that he/she likes or dislikes.
Nov 16, 2020 6:21 AM

Jul 2020
I guess not for Mob Psycho 100, my favorite anime. If you dislike Mob Psycho 100 it's totally fine, I still feel so happy when I think of it

It does make me slightly annoyed when someone dislikes JoJo though for it being "gay" or whatever. Actual criticisms are totally welcome though. And if the JoJo being gay thing is clearly a joke it's fine. But some people take it very far in how they rank the show, so it feels unfair

but yeah we all like different stuff so different opinions aren't bad at all

Nov 16, 2020 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
They're inferior to me then, of course.

Jkjk, it's all good if people don't like my favorites, since it's all about tastes and personal preferences, hell I may also feel the same way where another person recommends me one of their favorite anime and I just hate it so much. I don't try and just forcefully mock them or tell them why the anime sucks ass, I just respect their opinion and hope they respect mine, for each other's favorites.
Nov 16, 2020 6:43 AM

Mar 2016
I’ll respect their opinion as much as I possibly do so, but if they show a very problematic case of not understanding or not even trying to understand a certain series, then I’d have a problem with that.
Nov 16, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
If I have time I'llstop and read why it's been deprecated.
If it makes sense i'll go away happily with a "Yeah, I get it, didn't see it that way", if it doesn't I'll go away with a neutral mood thinking "Well, different people think in different ways".

If I get attacked personally for liking said anime, I'll just ignore the user and block him if he keeps going (never happened once and I've been here since 2013).

Getting mad, debating who's right and who's wrong or defending my score are only a sure way to waste time and energy. While I may have time, my energy is never enough for that.
Nov 16, 2020 7:03 AM
Jul 2018
To be honest, there are some opinions that I disagree with. But at the end of the day, I can't change those people's opinions. Everyone has their own tastes just like I have mine.
Nov 16, 2020 9:42 AM

Jan 2008
As long as it's constructive, let them. I know some of my fave anime have their flaws so I have no issue with others finding reason to not like it for those flaws.

If it's not constructive, well I'll just usually ignore them.
Nov 16, 2020 9:56 AM
Dec 2017
If you asked me that question four years prior, I would've said, "Hunt them down, and destroy everything they hold dear." Now, I don't really care much. My favorite anime, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, is clearly not for everyone. You need a specific sense of humor to truly appreciate it. So if someone told me it was hot garbage, I would smile and say, "That's cool, my guy."
A psychic dwarf escapes from a prison. It was a small medium at large.

(×__×)
Nov 16, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2019
It depends if that person had something about the show they didn't like and it might be a cool discussion to talk about it or if they're just deprecating for the sake of asserting they're own tastes

if its the second where its they're just deprecating for the sake of asserting they're own tastes i feel a tinge of dissatisfaction because i think they're either comparing their own favorites with mine as if its a competition and they come out with this "glad to know i got better taste" as if i give a crap. I watch what i like to watch thats point of a favorites list Im not saying these are the greatest shows Im saying "this is my personal preference"

for some reason people think if they like something it has to be the best i will be the first to say fuck that
Nov 16, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2018
I don't care because I have luck that my favorites are quite sucessfull in anime industry so I won't cry if someone will say bad things about them, not everyone have to like the same stuff.
Nov 16, 2020 5:15 PM

May 2020
It's important to find flaws in your favorite anime so you can laugh about it with other people. My friend's favorite anime is JoJo and he makes fun of the stupid crap in there all the time. So when someone like me thinks it's just okay, he understands. Or like if someone were to criticize Evangelion I would poke fun at some dumb shit in there as well
I said with a posed look
Nov 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Nov 2020
It doesn't affect me, if it's my favorite anime, nothing can change my mind. Fairy Tail!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2020 6:57 PM

Jan 2020
If they give actual good, fair and understandable reasons and if they've actually seen the anime then I don't have an issue. If they've never even seen it and just trash it for 0% reason with wrong facts and such then it's a bit annoying.

Nov 17, 2020 5:13 AM
Jul 2020
I don't care coz i know either that particular person is a hater or has a shit taste
Nov 18, 2020 5:49 PM
Sep 2019
Hmm. Well if the person has never watched it, I'll get sort of mad, because judging an anime you have never watched is just stupid. If they have watched it, I won't care because we all have different opinions.
Nov 19, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2016
it really only depends on how they present their opinion, if they act mature or chill I'll listen to them, otherwise, I don't care
Nov 19, 2020 12:44 PM
Jun 2020
Honestly it's better to ignore it then, think about it.

“It's just pathetic to give up on something before you even give it a shot.”
"You're not a degenerate you just have a boring life, and that's ok."
Nov 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Jun 2020
Why should I care about opinions of lesser men.
Nov 19, 2020 3:58 PM

Oct 2017
I don't feel anything because everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 4 hours ago

31 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you use Character.ai to chat with your waifu?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

16 by SkyfallStar »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you care about gambling anime?

Cammell - 14 minutes ago

0 by Cammell »»
14 minutes ago

» Do you see there being another Ecchi Anime as critically acclaimed as Mushoku Tensei in the future?

Dragevard - Yesterday

25 by logopolis »»
20 minutes ago

» Why are modern anime fights so awful?

_Nette_ - Yesterday

39 by Catalano »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.