Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 9, 2020 9:07 PM

Jan 2019
I rate a series by taking the entire series into perspective. If the final episode/s is/are able to change my opinion, then I’ll change my score. While I usually have a tendency to like series’ more as I go on, a few have I’ve rated lower because the last episode/s were messed up (or “went off the rails” as I like to say). Literally, the last frame can make a difference.

So, yes, to answer the original post, if I am satisfied with the ending, despite some flaws throughout the course of the show, I would probably up the rating by 1.
Oct 9, 2020 9:10 PM

Aug 2020
It mostly depend on how I enjoy it sometimes when I'm in a bad mood and want to watch anime I get all nit picky with it.. :/
<3
Oct 9, 2020 9:16 PM

May 2020
For a lot of people, the ending isn't even the icing on top. It is the entire cake. If it ends bad, the entire meal is ruined. That's not me though. I like a full package :). For example:
MDZS's animation is BEAUTIFUL but the story is kind of convoluted and hard to follow at times. (That's not criticism)
I MIGHT rate it maybe, one point higher then before if the last episode of the show was perfect. BUT it will not change the core of my opinion.
                                              
Oct 9, 2020 9:18 PM

Mar 2020
Yes, but I'll just bump up the score by 1 and that's all because if I rate it more it'll mean that I really liked it and it's re-watchable. Even though most of the time I rarely get emotional towards an ending in an anime.
kioalneOct 9, 2020 9:52 PM
Oct 9, 2020 9:22 PM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't care at all about the last episode if the whole anime is bad. Does someone really need to watch more than 10 episodes (normally) so they can see only 1 episode that is good?, nah, the same way watching 10 shitty episodes and then 1 good won't change my score.
Oct 10, 2020 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
I do think I’d give to it a better score, but not much higher, around 1 or 2 points above.
Oct 10, 2020 4:50 AM

Apr 2019
That would probably bump it from a 5 to maybe a low 7 at best. If it's the second half not the last episode then maybe an 8.
my life was made with mematic.
Oct 10, 2020 4:53 AM

Feb 2020
Not really, I just score based of the overall enjoyment I had while watching the show, of course a really good last episode would bring the score up but I can't imagine giving it anything more than a 6 if the rest was complete garbage

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Oct 10, 2020 5:17 AM

Apr 2017
Not even the last episode can make me boost my score unless it's emotionally moving then a 6 is pretty much guaranteed.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Oct 10, 2020 5:36 AM

Sep 2017
If the last episode is REALLY good, I'd maybe score the anime a 6 instead of a 5 for example

But if it's a really bad anime, a nice ending won't save it

I haven't ever watched or seen an average/bad anime with a great ending though
A bad anime either starts bad or goes downhill at a certain point, but they don't go uphill suddenly
Oct 10, 2020 2:40 PM

May 2014
On one hand, if the anime was average or average-good, and I was already hesitating on a score range, then yea, it happened I increase the score by 1-2 points. Same things happen with very bad endings. Feeling disappointment is even worse in this case, and I have already broken scores down 3-4 points on the rage of the moment before correcting to 1-3 down. It's very variable.

On the other hand, if the show was already crap, I hardly see how the last episode would change anything since it's more than likely I have already dropped the series halfway through it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

21 by DigiCat »»
16 seconds ago

» Have you ever divorced your waifu? (ex-waifu)

EndlessMaria - Aug 12, 2022

46 by MogKnight »»
3 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

41 by Eziprez »»
6 minutes ago

» So is Shin-Chan actually G rated and the Funimation Dub was like Ghost Stories or is it Adult in nature like Oruchuban Ebichu

vasipi4946 - 9 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 4 hours ago

15 by MogKnight »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.