Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2020 2:00 AM

Jan 2020
It's commonly believed that women who live together eventually experience the syncing of their monthly periods. The theory behind the syncing of menstrual cycles is that women's pheromones interact when they are in close proximity, causing them to have their period at the same time.

The scientific community started to take the idea seriously when a researcher named Martha McClintock conducted a study of 135 college women living in a dorm together to see if their menstrual cycles aligned. But what I found amusing is the underlying theory of why women's cycles sync up:

Dr McClintock hypothesised that this was because the women who were spending time together had the chance for their pheromones to affect each other.

And why would this happen? The most prevalent theory was that it was an evolved strategy among females to co-operate with each other - to stop becoming a kind of harem for a single dominant man.

The idea is that if women had synchronised cycles, they would all be fertile at the same time - so one man would not be able to reproduce with them all.

"He can't manipulate all the females at the same time so that's why it was believed to be a form of co-operation between females," says Alvergne.
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37256161

So, is period syncing a real thing? Is it the cornerstone of female friendship?
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Oct 6, 2020 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
My fiancée feels that it is a real thing. I have seen some comedy tv shows where they make reference to it aswell.
Oct 6, 2020 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
yes just live with a bunch of women they all bitch at the same time
Oct 6, 2020 3:22 AM
Dec 2019
that's an interesting theory. I experienced it for a whole year with my best friend at the time, but we weren't living together. we'd see each other at school for 8 hours a day, and then remain actively in contact for the rest of the day and often night through digital means. I guess this is similar to living with someone? she was in my life 24/7. anyways we'd get our periods at the same time every month, and it shocked both ourselves and the rest of our friends. like how is it possible that we get em on the same day, it can't merely be a coincidence if it's happening every month without fail.. anyways this lasted for a year, we'd laugh about it but never understood it
Oct 6, 2020 3:36 AM

Mar 2020
The majority of people does not even acknowledge that the menstrual cycle exists. The existence of feminism is clear evidence.

Even something as basic as the differentiation of two sexes is too much for the modern liberal.

So is period syncing real? We'll get to those kinds of questions once people have gained a basic understanding of females. Such as female hypergamy.

At the current negative progression of factual information we will get there in hmm...never.
Oct 6, 2020 3:42 AM

Feb 2019
My family home has three females in it and I can attest to the syncing being true. I just don't get why would that be a turn-off though? Just take ruby showers proudly like a proper man. It's great for your skin.
Oct 6, 2020 4:20 AM
Jul 2020
Interesting read. I'mma ask both of my sisters to experience one of these "Period Syncing" while I'm watching them so I can see what it looks like....
Oct 6, 2020 7:02 AM

Sep 2017
So, it spreads in the air like spurs?
خ
Oct 6, 2020 7:41 AM

Oct 2010
I'm not sure. I've never experienced my period syncing with other girls in my friend circles, but a couple may have their cycles align around the same time.
Oct 6, 2020 7:44 AM

Jan 2009
looks like its same with yawning is contagious? heck emotions are contagious too so if one of them feel bleeding there then ye the domino effect goes
Oct 6, 2020 7:48 AM

May 2018
Isn't this one of the come and go. Its hard to say maybe in the experiement, the particpants have been eating the same food to cause it?

I am just saying it is possible there is too many factors to take into consideration and its only one experiment which can not be identiffed as a fact

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Oct 6, 2020 7:51 AM

Jun 2019
First time hearing this but humans are a hivemind... so yep, I can see this being true.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Oct 6, 2020 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
Kosmonaut said:
My family home has three females in it and I can attest to the syncing being true. I just don't get why would that be a turn-off though? Just take ruby showers proudly like a proper man. It's great for your skin.
your knowledge continues to frighten me, but at least I know where my next trip will take me
Oct 6, 2020 8:38 AM

Jan 2020
BenisMeister said:
The majority of people does not even acknowledge that the menstrual cycle exists. The existence of feminism is clear evidence.

Even something as basic as the differentiation of two sexes is too much for the modern liberal.

So is period syncing real? We'll get to those kinds of questions once people have gained a basic understanding of females. Such as female hypergamy.

At the current negative progression of factual information we will get there in hmm...never.

Good points, very apt observation. A feminist like @Peaceful_Critic has been struggling to understand the difference between males and females for some time now. I wonder if she believes in period.

Fatephile said:
So, it spreads in the air like spurs?

I'm not sure, afaik the existence of pheromones in humans itself is still uncertain.
"You misunderstood from the very beginning. You just believed what you wanted to believe."
Rei Ayanami
Oct 6, 2020 9:40 AM

Feb 2019
Korishi said:
Kosmonaut said:
your knowledge continues to frighten me, but at least I know where my next trip will take me
Is there such a magical place? I wonder if all the females there are going to be synced too...
Oct 6, 2020 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
BenisMeister said:

????

I'd love to know why quote unquote existence of feminism is proof the majority of people don't even acknowledge menstrual cycles exist (once again, ????)
To me, the record of shunning away women on their periods to barns in more conservative societies would tell me the complete opposite. Specially when some of modern feminist activism is making sure women all around the globe have access to hygiene products and gynecological help for all kinds of needs, including menstrual cycles.
Oct 6, 2020 7:17 PM
Dec 2017
every woman bleeds at different days at different times some earlier or later than others so no it doesn't really does exist if it does just pure coincidence.

Oct 6, 2020 7:22 PM
Jul 2020
have happened a lot to me. In school all my group of girl friends and I used to have to have our period at the same time, or if not, very close. Have happened in many phases of my life so yh, i do believe that is a thing.
Oct 7, 2020 2:16 AM

Jan 2020
Crow_Black said:
every woman bleeds at different days at different times some earlier or later than others so no it doesn't really does exist if it does just pure coincidence.

True, but they start to synchronize after spending enough time with each other. This is from the article on the first post:

"I definitely think it's true," says Emma. "It would be too much of a coincidence otherwise."

Emma, 24, lived with five girls at university. She says that within a few months they all had their period at the same time.

They were all buying tampons at the same time, they were moody at the same time - and their one male housemate really noticed it.

Nice new forum picture btw.
Rei Ayanami

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

49 by CalmTeaTime »»
40 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

42 by Kamikaze_404 »»
46 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

48 by Rhaelynne »»
51 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

679 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.